Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
laugh.gif Awfy heavy. laugh.gif
keelie gal
hello Melody aye i think thats GB ready for us now wink.gif
Melody
Right Keelie, we'll get wursels organised an oan that plane, did ah get a pink duvet GB?
keelie gal
I sure have melody and ma case is all packed so im rerrin tae go
Java
D'ye think they'd let me be the trolley dolly?...ah've ay wanted tae do that....
Melody
Aye they'll have a wee uniform fur ye an everythin' laugh.gif Mind ye'll have to do the actions up the front of a plane.
Angela Chick
Wait for me(struggling with ma case) biggrin.gif we are going to gallus's house eh?? ave lost the plot

Here you Heather( in a posh judges voice) no im innocent of your claim im innocent i tell you ohmy.gif
Java
Oh, yours is a 'case' annaw is it....funny Mark's no been seen since ye packed....laugh.gif

Ah think ah'd be great at the safety instructions thing....s'jist like dain the hokey cokey really intit...
Gallusbisom
Right, you lot, just to be on the "safe" side, I have arranged for a pool boy/LIFEGUARD for all participants. (No daft, umma) secrete code there. Melody, hen, your duvet is the pinkest of the pink, (mind you, you do understand that we have the AC going contantly because the temp. is about 90, or so, average, every day? But not a problem, we will just turn up the AC. Jist let me know whin ye feel cauld. laugh.gif ) An the re-run (pure nasty that yin wiz, considerin ah didnae get tae see it in the furst place{excuse me, while a hiv a wee greet aboot that}) OK I'm back and of course we will have a replay of the meteor shower, no problem just ask your pool boy/lifeguard to push the right button. Angela, Indian is def. on the menu. I have a great recipe for a lentil curry that is Vegan but I have some other exoctic ones too. This is shaping up to be a great time. I have recorded all Jimmy's songs and we will play them at top volume during our soiree. Well, that is unless he turns up himself and gie's a wee song. We will have a sing song later in the evening but I have had such a sore throat that the doc. has recommended I do not sing, talking and screaming at the kids is Ok, just not singing. rolleyes.gif What can I say.

GB
Angela Chick
laugh.gif @ Java your mental woman, oh am really looking forward to this shindig gallus you have thought of everything i adore indian food.

Oh the thought of my flight to turkey is making me ill a hate flying a love taking of and landing but a hate being up in the air lol.
Heather
Ok Angela, I believe you thousands wouldn't.

Anyway he is posting the letter tomorrow, so you'll get it in a few days. wink.gif
Gallusbisom
Angela, yoo hive loast it hen! Take affs an landins ur the worst time. Nae kiddin. HRH is a pilot (no whit he diz fur a livin ye understaun) an that's the touchiest time. Noo, ah think that Carmella could verify that for us? Wance yir up things ur better an then ye jist hiv tae worry aboot the landin pairt. (maybe at the "puddle" party I will tell you about when HRH encouraged me to do the take off and landing stuff, this was in our own plane, so there was no danger to anyone else biggrin.gif It's hilarious. He was not amused.)

So anyone else have any suggestions for food, Indian, no problem, Scottish, no problem but what else? Come on don't by shy.

GB
Angela Chick
Gallus its the confinement up in the air i hate biggrin.gif och a just hate flying a spend most of the flight watching the flight attendants faces if they are smiling then im fine, cos mark falls asleep the minute we take off and that does my nut in sitting there like a halfwit with no one to talk to laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Right, I understand, so here's a couple of suggestions. Get the bulkhead aisle seat and then you can at least stretch and walk around without having to say excuse me to a few hundred people. laugh.gif Or a emergency exit, aisle seat, and when that wee lassie says, "does Modom think that she kin open the door?" the answer is, "listen hen, ah'll be oot that door afore yersel". Now you will have to translate that into the English. OK? As far forward on the plane as you can get (you get served first and have more chance of getting your choice of meal laugh.gif ) Get up and walk around, if the crew are going about the humdrum things like putting away the glasses etc. then all is OK, if they are sitting in their seats looking a bit green, get back to your seat immediately and put your head between your knees and start talking to whoever you think is in charge of this mess. I have more funny plane stories than you would believe, most of which are to do with when HRH travels Bus. Class and your's truly goes super economy, sit on the wing and bring my own lunch. Some day I will write a book.

Oops, I think I may wandered off topic a bit, so to speak. That really is one thing that I do well. No tae worry, I am away tae check on the pool boys/lifeguards to make sure that they are all getting enough rest for the upcoming event.

GB
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Ok Gallus your wise suggestions are noted in my head. biggrin.gif
Heather
Angela do you not try reading to take your mind of the flying. Or do crosswords. You could even ask the Doctor for a sedative to take before your flight.

I can understand how you feel as our g'son does not like flying. He has been going abroad with his parents and us since he was a toddler, then two years ago when he was going to Salou with his parents, he started to cry when the plane took off. We don't know what caused it as it never bothered him before. But last month he flew to Dublin and was OK, maybe becase he was told the flight was only about 40minutes, plus one of his friends was him, so that helped.
Angela Chick
Heather i do read and such(well i try) but the fear overtakes me and i cant concentrate, i know i am like lots of folk then mad thoughts start going through my head its daft i know but i just hate it. rolleyes.gif
wee mags
Angela Iam scared of flying as well, and the joke among my kids was wait Michael till you see her antics on the plane,just make believe you dont know her ,well I surprised myself as I did not want my sone to think his Ma was a scarredy cat ,
as we took off Michael says look Ma, that young guy is more afraid than you and as I looked over he was hiding his face in the wee pillow and you couls hear him praying so I did not feel so bad
Catherine
First time ah ever flew withoot the boys Angela, ah wis so excited at the thoat a no huvin a wean wrapped roon ma neck like a scarf, wid actually be able tae eat a meal withoot hauf it doon me, open a book, sip a splash, stretch a leg, watch a film, be wan in a toilet instead a three in a toilet, huv folk smile at me instead a growlin at me etc etc etc.

Cripes ah goat oan tae the plane an aw ah could think of wis whit if somethin happens tae me..ma weans are motherless....Geoffs left alone an heartbroken, plus mare tae the point he'll finally find oot the size of that Visa Bill that ahv successfully hidden for aw these years !

Things wur tense.... y'no laugh.gif

Got off, had a great five days, goat back oan an replay the same auld same auld.....then goat aff an things were great again.

Must admit it gets easier each time.....says she wae her feet oan the ground the noo laugh.gif
betty2
Angela jist think o aw this horrible weather yir leavin ahint yi, and the 7 glorious days filled with sunshine , ahead o yi. Nae hoosework ,nae cooking, just lazin by the pool wae a drink in yir haun an Mark loungin alangside yi. rolleyes.gif Then think o me in portugal lazin at the pool large vodka an nae good lookin guy alangside me sad.gif That,ll keep yi smilin oan yir flight . Mibby eye up the pool boy an see if he wants tae come tae GB,s pool party oan that subject GB ah,ll huv BBQ an the pool boy wull dae me fur dessert ha ha

Suppose its been noted ah,m up afore the birgs this mornin, well hud an early night so looks like am gonny huv an early day

still here in glesca
Elma
Well......................I've had company for 10 days and have been running all over the place and what do I find when I come back, you're all away to a poolparty at GBs with pool boys for everyone. How many did you hire GB, is there one left over for me, I can be there in about 3 hours, I'll wear my tankini under my clothes and be ready when I get there..........I like your idea Betty, pool boy for dessert, hmmmm.........maybe throw a wee ice cream in too, to share of course ohmy.gif
betty2
Hi elma ehhhh dont mind sharin the ice cream but the poolboy well thats another thing. rolleyes.gif GB is really laying it all on , out to impress an daen a grand joab o it, join us gonny be fun were a fun crowd biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Well to those who pop in later "good mornin" cos the corner shoaps open noo an am off tae get rolls fur ma brekkie.

still here in glesca
Elma
Oh Betty can you send us some over, I love fresh rolls.........oooohh, my mouth's watering unsure.gif
Kaneman
Mornin Betty can ye get some extra rolls an can a join ye for brekkie... cool.gif
Kaneman
QUOTE (Angela Chick @ 16th Aug 2007, 12:52 AM) *
Heather i do read and such(well i try) but the fear overtakes me and i cant concentrate, i know i am like lots of folk then mad thoughts start going through my head its daft i know but i just hate it. rolleyes.gif

Angela, I have studied this exact problem that you are experiencing, and after many years of flying the following is the only way to get through this problem...As soon as wan is airborne press the wee button to caw the stewardess an tell her " haw missis geeuz 16 Captain Morgans an coke noo an naebuddy gets hurt" well works fur me every time...an Mornin tae yeh tae...
betty2
Mornin kaneman huvnae goat therr yet but there;ll be plenty to go round . fancy two rolls wan sausage the ither bacon [ bekfast ham] nothin but the best

still here in glesca
Kaneman
Mornin Elma, did ye find oot whit she's makin fur brekkie, ahm sick ah biled eggs Bacon rolls sound good eh...hint hint biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Ahll be there in hauf a minute cool.gif
betty2
See great minds think alike we wur baith postin at the same time an bacon rolls it is

still here in glesca
betty2
Right am away this time feelin hungry masel , so while am at the shoap kaneman yi might see fit tae make the brew TEA NANE O YIR CAPTAIN MORGANS AT THIS UNEARTHLY HOOR

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
Kaneman
Tell yeh whit you just get the Bacon oan an ahll bring the fresh rolls an whit aboot some fresh sqeezed orange juice....how many are wi caterin fur wheres Elma... cool.gif
betty2
She,s probably in anither topic but wance she smells the bacon she,ll come in biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Kaneman
Whit dae ye think o that orange juice??? an shall ah stick kettle oan as well biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Haw Betty wheres the smoke cummin from are ye burnin mah Bacon....... wub.gif
Elma
(sniff...sniff...sniff..) is that bacon I smell, a couple of slices on a roll, perfect, I'll have a wee orange juice and a cup of tea would just go down really nice, thanks Kaneman you're a gem.
wee mags
funny thing here am making maself a bacon on a roll as we are taking two of the grandweans to a train ride in Essex, Conn the kids love it www.essexsteamtrain.com sorry I dont know how to post the site but if you type it in you can read about it ,
keelie gal
hello ladies hope ye are all keeping well biggrin.gif and all this talk of bacon rolls is making me hungry mind you a had a lovely roll and sqaure sausage this morning it was lush thanks to my wee pal who has come down from glasgow to visit for the week she brought down a load of butcher meat with her and two big steak pies so guess wit we are having fer dinner tonite yup steak pie need to go to the shops fer the neeps n tatties ,Angela im the same dont like flying full stop hate take off and the landing and funny enough john is the same as mark 5 mins after take off he's head down and snoring away i really envy these folks that can do that but fer me its kick the sandals off get oot ma take a break and wait fer the wee trolley dolley tae come roon and i will blether away to anyone anything to keep ma mind off it just think of the touchdown and all the fun ye will have when ye get there wink.gif
Java
Is it time for me tae give the safety information yet?...ah've a lot tae prepare ye know....an ah've no even checked the tyres yet....
Melody
Oh check the wings wid ye Java? unsure.gif
Java
How many should there be again?
Melody
There's usually two but if there's four we'll take that. laugh.gif
Java
Houston we have a problem.....laugh.gif
Melody
Ten...nine....eight.....seven......six.... ph34r.gif
Java
Oh....haud oan....ah found it.....anybuddy any glue? Sticky back plastic?....where's aw the brownies when ye need them?
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif aw a can say is thank god you werent my stewaress java nothing personal[aye it is]
Gallusbisom
Right you lot, I have just spent the last two days, washing windows and curtains ( I don't want anybody coming in and saying the "windaes were manky" mind you they were. laugh.gif ) Have the pool boys all lined up and I have requested that as least two or three of them are qualified in the "massesue" area. Only one or two rules, NO GLASS out by the pool, however plastic tumblers are supplied without limitation. And if you want to do "skinny dippin" you have to warn those of us whose birthday suits are well past their best sell by date, so we can go have a wee tipple. OK? Otherwise we are on a roll. I checked the weather for Glasgow and it was less than perfect but for Unionville/Toronto is bang on, about 90 mind you the humidity is awful but we can deal with that. Oh, I added Amurula to the liqueur list, I think you will like it.

GB
Anne1
laugh.gif well GB you thought of everything havent you whit a rerr hostess you are
Gallusbisom
wheesht! ah hiv bin up tae ma ears in aligators. No 1 daughter, phones an asks "did I leave a couple of binders there?" me Naw, ye didnae hen. No 1 daughter now in a "fit" it wiz awe hur notes fae Africa, she's no ower pleased thit they ur no at hame. Ye canny dae "back up copies" whin it's awe haun written, nae computers where she is. So efter a really nasty couple o days it turns oot that the cleaner who tidied up hur office thoat that it wiz jist a bag o garbage, bein jist haun written papers an awe. No tae worry, it's awe OK, she hiz her noates an baith she and masel hiv taken oor Migraine Meds. biggrin.gif an all is well with the world. See being a Mammy, it's awfy hard work. rolleyes.gif

Ah love ma life.

GB
Angela Chick
Hello all,

Thanks for all the advice about my fear of flying but like a said i have the mad thoughts and am stuck with them till a get of that plane, kaneman might give the morgans a try biggrin.gif and betty as long as your lying in the sun with your cocktail dont matter if there is a fella lying in the next lounger aside you or not you will be to busy topping up your tan to notice. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.