Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
You've yer ain wee Blossom, you're no gettin wan...laugh.gif
Melody
Well Jakka might like a roll oan sausage, she'll be fed up wi apple caramel blossoms. laugh.gif Mornin Keelie.
keelie gal
Aye Java but its no a apple caramel wan pal so it disnae count laugh.gif
betty2
Mornin ladies washin oot sun shining am off takin the bus tae easr kilbride . Heard theres nice shoaps therr rolleyes.gif an its too nice tae srey in catch y/all later

still here in glesca
wee mags
good morning ladies ,the sun is out in full force here today,it was sweltering yesterday as well ,the temps are in th high nineties ,its so hot you cannot even sit outside ,
the yank and I take a wee run in the car to the beach near us after dinner and we sit there wae an ice cream ,I guess thats gonnae be the deal the night as weel ,although yesterday a wis nackered wink.gif
tammy
Hi Georgia, of course you can come to the spa party. I think we better ask Jakka to have some caramel apple blossoms sent to it as well.
keelie gal
Spa party where is it Tammy let me know when it is and i will be there biggrin.gif shall i bring a wee bottle
keelie gal
Kaneman it was reported in the news today that there was an eyewitness report of a sketchy looking fellow in and orange caravan caught raiding the eggs oot the chicken coop at mrs puddleduck's farm just outside skegness unsure.gif it wasnae you was it kaneman? laugh.gif
betty2
Spa party book me in ah luv tae party

Hi all got to tell yi this wee story, these past weeks on my way to the DH I have noticed a young girl begging , first at the bus station then these last two weeks in sauchiehall st, now I never give to beggars , especially the druggies and alkies, But what drew me to this girl I dont know because normally I dont give them a second look. Yesterday there she was again huddled in a wee corner of a shop doorway she just sits there doesnt speak or hassle passerby,s just holds a paper cup in her hand. Well after passing her I stopped went into my purse and took some money out, turned back and put it in her cup I patted her cheek, and said go get something to eat, she continued to stare straight in front of her but did thank me. I havent been able to get her out of my mind, somehow she is different from the rest who beg in glasgow streets, dont ask me why but thats how it seems to me . she cant be more than 17/18 yrs old In future when in the city I am going to look for her . After all she isnt selling her body or shoplifting,or mugging people not in my opinion. because no matter the weather she is always in the street . Sad isnt it

still here in glesca
Melody
Aw Betty it's strange how certain people reach you and others don't. Poor wee lassie, she'd be grateful for your kindness. I hope you see her again. smile.gif There but for the grace of God.
betty2
Melody she,ssome mothers daughter, but what gets me is why I was drawn to her, because honestly I never give these people a second look , I,m one of the many who think their problem is self inflicted , Know lots dont agree with that but I have string reasons for thinking this way

still here in glesca
Melody
Well for some reason she touched you today. smile.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif aye fur a few quid biggrin.gif did,nt grudge it

still here in glesca
Melody
Ah never meant that. laugh.gif
Isobel
Betty I am so proud of you. I realize their are people out there who beg and they could probably buy and sell us. There used to be an old fellow who sat at my grans corner in the Townhead ,just outside the pub. He had no legs and everyone used to throw in little bits of change. Do you know when he died he left a fortune.However as my own father would say. If they are cheats well the good lord knows all about it. He just liked to think that he was able to help a few poor souls out, and it made him feel good.Must admit I don't often give money but I have in the winter while down in Toronto bought the odd cup of coffee for a few.I think like you I would watchout for that young girl ,perhaps she just needs a little bit of help.
keelie gal
Aye it's sad right enuff betty as you say she's some mothers wee lassie and only she knows her circumstances for being on the streets its a shame i hope ye catch up with her again god love the wee soul
Angela Chick
Hello lassies biggrin.gif

Betty that poor wee girl god love her every time i go into town you see them in droves some are genuine but i suppose some are not, like you say she touched your heart for some reason i hope you get to see her again wub.gif as melody said grace of god and all that.
wee mags
good evening all the weather here is srtating to cool down, not enough to throw a party ,but you can sit outside without roasting ,
the weather man says it will be in the sixties ,I will have to see it ,I will let you know if it happens
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif hallo mags,,,its the same here today a little cooler but a nice change from the sweltering heat that weve been having,,,aha noticed the day that the leaves were begining tae change to the nice autumn colors,,,,,,,,,,,how dose that song go again,,,,,the autumn leaves caress the trees tenderly,,la la la la la la la la la la la,,,cheers Lass
betty2
Mornin ladies well after two days of sunshine the rain is back [ wis beginninin tae missit] biggrin.gif Am off fur a lunch wae Jess and a wee dauner roon the shoaps . Catch yi all later

still here in glesca
wee mags
raining here this morning as well ,but am no donnerin roon the shops, am dain the ironin I hivnnae done awe week sad.gif
betty2
Turned out nice here after all had a great time lunch at wotherspoons then into the st enoch centre finishing up in debenhams pleasant day, nice lunch and did pick up some wee knick knacks . Mags best tae iron when its cooler ,

still here in glesca
wee mags
finished wan load noo tae dae the rest smile.gif
betty2
Mags fancy anither load jist a wee wan biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
send it over am here
Melody
Mine next Mags please. laugh.gif
wee mags
Give it to betty and she will drop it off tongue.gif
Melody
Yer on. laugh.gif Could ye make me a wee Meatloaf as well. smile.gif
Melody
Has anybody seen Rab recently?
buntyq
Mags, you will like the rain for your lovely garden. I turned on the hose to water the back garden and almost burned myself. I'm no for this heat - fair wappit oot. Son-in-law Jack took the wean's cousins back to Connecticut this morning after their visit. With all these kids in Suzy's house, it reminded me of what it was like in my home. I always enjoyed our large family. Hartford is not the easiest airport for getting back home when you fly standby. He called Suzy and said he was freezing. Her reply, enjoy!
betty2
Hi bunty s/cuse me the noo goat two baskets o ironin here , Mags awfy grateful fur this kindness but then thats whit friends an neighbours are aw aboot.

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
betty2
Thats anither day almost over , tomorrow is another day so am off tae bed . Gonny huv a quiet day the morra afternoon bingo then hame fur a night wae the telly .Its been a busy week so time to chill out tongue.gif G/nite all

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Hello and good night betty biggrin.gif enjoy the book rolleyes.gif
wee mags
yes bunty your right its very cold thank god it has been so hot and humid ,you could not even sit outside without sweating ,I had to put on a cardigan when I went to the store today
Melody
It's a day for the fireside and a good book. smile.gif
Anne1
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif hello ladies hope your lucky at bingo today betty, mags watch for postman sent photos by mail instead of by email this age things no funny, let me know when you get them,enjoy your book melody
betty2
I,ll be readin 6 books today [bingo] the day melody. and then straight home. Hopin to win anne got my flight booked for las vegas for next year so its eyes down am playin for real rolleyes.gif Rain again today but who cares [not I' so many shoppin centres now enclosed so it makes cruisin round the shops more pleasureable catch y/all later

still here in glesca
keelie gal
Good luck with the bingo Betty biggrin.gif Anne i hope you and neville had a great holiday well lassies its still sweltering down here so its off to the beach to cool down for me cool.gif
Isobel
Betty how do you manage with all those cards I can't watch two when we play a wee game at the Celtic club. I know don't say it, don't talk so much Isobel thats what ma pals will say , Isobel your missing all the numbers.Anyway good luck to you ,Hope you win something tonight. Hope you got the ironing done.Its early here and the sun is up already , going to be another hot one. Got to get some work done for tomorrow. I got all the food and drink organized. (Joannes wedding shower)Hey Mags don't you be sending that cold weather up here.Just thinking of Melody sitting by the fire ,makes me shiver. Not ready for that for a few more months.
jimmyd
Am guan bonkers here , whits wi this Chat thingy,as opposed to General Chit Chat ? OK so the Karaoke thread his died . Am amazed really ! cause I thought Glesga folk wid be right into it. So be it . I have tried this new site,ye might have to join ,am no sure
Betty am sure ye will allow a wee song in here. Hey if it disnae wurk , it wis Melody's fault !!
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/a6a9edcc
Melody
Naw it wisnae! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
I spy wi my little eye somethin beginnin wi..........r
Melody
Have you got rainbow drops Java?
Java
ah hiv if ye drop the bows...laugh.gif
Melody
So have ah. laugh.gif
Java
No that wur bothert attaw, eh no, ah mean...whit better time o' year could ye get rain?...widny want it any other way....
Melody
Nor me. Aw that sunshine canny be good fur ye anyhow. Who wants it? No us. wacko.gif wacko.gif
Java
Oh naw, ever so refreshin oan wans face this rain, intit....(d'ye think wur foolin onybuddy?)...and jist think how much wur savin oan sunscreen....
Melody
Aye that's right, Every cloud has a silver lining. unsure.gif rolleyes.gif
Java
Wish the clouds wid go an jist leave the silver...laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.