Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jakka13
Well said Keelie and Mags and I think Martin made some very good points .
No kin we jist get back tae some good laughs like we used to ?
We had a wee thunderstorm and it rained for about 15 minutes .Hasn't coold things down much it's 80degrees outside and it's ten past eleven .
I was thinking about your tankinies and had a look at my shape in a full length mirror .Dae they make TENTKINIES?.I think that's what I'll need .
Well ,that's me off tae bed .I've got a good book on the go.Good night lassies .
Isobel
Ok pals lets all calm down and get things back to normal.Can anyone pour me a long cool drink ,anything.... this heat is killing me. The ac is blasting but as soon as you try to put your face out the door its like a furnace. Breaking all sorts of records this week.Just too hot for me, the streets are deserted no one coming out. I should not have my oven on but I have been baking and getting stuff put away in the freezer for my daughters bridal shower on the 12th.All the hot stuff is being catered but the cakes and fancy stuff is all homemade.Tell you what if there is anything left on the 12th I 'll bring it in to the hoose and we can all have a party that night..Ok .....You lot behave now.God that drink was good.Am off to bed got an early start tomorrow, nighty night.
Hey Jakka are you home from the cottage now?
Java
Nice tae see Martin's been in tidyin the place up..there wis an awful lotta rubbish lyin aboot for a wee while there....and as green as ah am, ah hope it's no gone for recyclin....

Good Mornin everybody...biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Mornin Java, dae ye think they recycled that dugg that bit mae, an mah heid....mah heid feels like it wis recycled wub.gif Betty wake up ah need that black coffee right the noooooooo...an wheres they beers yea hid fae mae last night aneed a wee hairy wan.........Java a think that "rubbish" wis me.
Java
Mornin Kaneman....did ye get a look at the dug?..whit kind wis it?....if it wis a black wan, ah think ah've a few hairs o' it....ah wid start the breakfast fur ye, but ah'm a cook oan ma granny's side...ah think there's some moosli in the cupboard...ye want tae be a real man and try that?..laugh.gif
Kaneman
Ah see yea also huv a cruel side Java talkin aboot meuseli wi a man in mah condition nae sympathy here fur me....noo wheres ma biled eggs? Java can ye see yer self clear tae at least puttin mah toast on cool.gif ...haw betty wheres ma brekkie...these green folk are giein me a hard time....Ah just thought....Java any beers in yer hoos??? If no, can yea at least phone yer Granny..
betty2
Ahungry man,s an angry man biggrin.gif yir breakfasts oan. Well yis ur aw complainin aboot the heat , thats no the problem here we huvnae hud a decent summer , mibby it,ll come yey. Cin smell yir baking fae here Isobel and it smells very inviting

Mornin members place all nice and frsh again off tae huv ma herr done , usual hairdresser is off on holiday so ah,ve goat tae go tae Parkhead , but ah,ll body swerve the forge that wey ah,ll no be temptit tae spend.

Thanks to all for the comments and support youse are a rare breed biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Noo Keelie ah did warn ye right fae the start , that a wid be yer wurst nightmare .my god am even ma ain wurst nightmare , hell I have to go to sleep wi me an then wake up an face me in the mornin. Enough to put Kaneman aff his eggs an bacon. !! laugh.gif laugh.gif Good morning to all you lucky folk in the best wee toon in the world . Am away to watch a movie wi ma pal it's called Kenny ,if you get a chance watch it ,good Aussie tongue in cheek humour.
Angela Chick
Morning all

Well thank god all that tripe in this wee room is done and dusted, the thing is you just cant start flying insults at anyone that takes your fancy its not on. like keelie said most of us are genuine it doesn't take a philidelphia lawyer to separate the genuine ones from the troublemakers.

Betty if we canny support you then who can we support biggrin.gif

Jakka and Isobel gonny send over some sun to us we are freezing over here biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Aye Mornin Jimmy, ah wake up every mornin wi me an thats worse....... Seriously, which I try not to be on these boards, I must add that the quote on the bottom of your post is by far the most interesting and thought provoking, maybe people should read it more often and then attempt to apply it, it makes me feel good at any rate, enjoy the movie!
Java
Angela if ye get it can ye break a wee bit off an stick it in an envelope doon tae me....ah'll gie ye it back when ah'm done...biggrin.gif
Kaneman
Mornin Angela, that sun is packed an oan its way.........Plenty here tae share wi any one that needs it........an its the middle o winter here cool.gif Already packed some fur the big green folk tae enjoy...
Angela Chick
Morning jimmy, kaneman and java,

Java a thought you were getting sun doon there? biggrin.gif cheers kaneman yer a star biggrin.gif
Melody
Mornin' all, smile.gif
Avril
Mornin' lassies,

Angela we've no' goet it as hot as oor lassies in USA, we're only in the mid-seventies in Surrey but the weekend is goin' tae soar intae the mid eighties, so ah'll dae ma best tae send a wee piece o' sunshine up tae ye so that ye cin show aff yer new bikinis biggrin.gif

Ah'm off tae the seaside fur the week-end. Ah'll think o' yeez a' while ah'm building sandcastles wi' ma gran'weans an' paddlin' in the sea.

Cheerio fur noo biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Morning melody the wee brightest star in the sky with the best voice ever biggrin.gif

Morning Georgia biggrin.gif hope you bought yer Tankini.
Melody
Mornin' Angela, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you, ah'll jist kid on it's true. laugh.gif Awfy dull here but ah'll need tae go tae the shops. Jist food shoppin', nothing excitin'. sad.gif
Kaneman
QUOTE (Angela Chick @ 3rd Aug 2007, 11:07 AM) *
Morning melody the wee brightest star in the sky with the best voice ever

Morning Georgia biggrin.gif hope you bought yer Tankini.

Aye Angela there ye go agin wi the tanktini obsession o yours........ah dont even know wit a Tanktini is an nae buddi here has heard o them, jings krivens help ma boab tongue.gif
Kaneman
Next thing yeh wil be haeverin oan abooot biled eggs....Ah have a therapist ah kin recommend...his name is Captain Morgan, very friendly fellow, great fur sore heids in the mornin cool.gif
Angela Chick
Melody aye its true and your very welcome biggrin.gif

Kaneman a Tankini is a bikini only instead of the bikini top its like a tanktop thing covering your midriff biggrin.gif its betty that started the obsession with tankinin's.
Kaneman
Oh yea caw it a "midriff" dae ye, ah caw it a beer bellie, an am still investin in it, took years tae build, a lot ow hard work an dedication not to count aw the money in there, there must be a tarpaulin shoap aroon here were a kin git wan a these Tanktinis kocked fur ma holdays at the beach... :Pkin ye send mae a pattern or wit...
Kaneman
An dae ye no know there is a world shortage ah Tantinis since Betty's been doon the toon fur the last week......... wink.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif you sure betty made yer eggs this morning? maybe thats how yer acting funny biggrin.gif
Kaneman
NEWS FLASH.........Tanktini's have been added to the endangered species list by the WWF earlier the day.........their spokes person Betty Two, Fae Bailleston, went on record as sayin that , "she had indeed set up a Tanktini shelter in her hoos (wee) to give them a chance o survival" cool.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Angela, ah've never been tae Turkey....ye could take me wi ye an it would count as an educational visit....mibbe we could get a grant....'mon wull fill in the forms an see....
Angela Chick
Aye aw right java ye twisted ma erm biggrin.gif seriously java its a beautiful place the turkish hospitality is second to none and it will be over 100 degrees when i go yee ha sun sun and more sun laugh.gif
Kaneman
Yah big galoot yehll wil no fit in her suitcase if ye do yer big lugs ahll be stikin oot aw oer the place biggrin.gif an there is an international ban on movin Alien specie aboot, frae cuntry tae cuntry.......
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Right im of for the day see ye all later have a good one biggrin.gif
Gemini
morning all, and Jakka we are the same here the heat is killing, get out early morning do what I have to do then its right back home , dont put the AC on till afternoon, dont want to have any brown outs, needing rain badly, they keep telling us chance of thundestorms, but they seem to miss us somehow, oh well come winter and we will be complaining of the cold, well everybody gaun oan hoaliday , mah traisping is dun the noo getting company in September but thinking of doin The Festival of Lights up in Niagra in November noo watch them huv a bleeding blizzard but thats mother nature yi jist cannae fight her so woll make reservations and take mah chances. smile.gif
witshisname
Well I hope ye can make it up tae Niagara for the festival of lights Gemini,i saw them when i went there in '85 and they were magnificent
Isobel
Good morning all, well its another hot one here, as I said breaking all sorts of records. Believe me you don't want it this hot. Must be this global warming, eh? The poor workers are in the street doing all the driveways today they started at seven this morning, simply because they stop at lunch time.Its not even nine and the sweat is pouring off them. Oh well just remind us of this when we are complaining of all the snow. Jim and the wee guy accross have just taken some cold bottled water out for them.I wont see him now for about an hour ,he talkes to everyone. and they say wimen are the gossips, dont know about that one.Have a great day all.
stuarty
gemini is that the northern lights that you are talkin aboot as a would have loved to see that mabe wan day a hope
jakka13
Morning everyone ,rain didn't do much good .We need a downpour for a couple of days .10:00am and 84 degrees outside .Going for groceries and then back into the AC .It's hard to breath with the humidity and smog .Isobel pet I stay up here at the cottage till Thanksgiving (mid Octoberfor awe you lassies who don't know when it is ).At least we are a couple of degrees cooler here than in the city and we can always go in for a swim and cool off .The lake is warm as soup near the shore but is nice and cool if you wade out a bit .Java ,thanks for the PM I'll talk to you soon .Angela Chick ,I asked you last year for a favour and you didn't do it .I'll ask again ,please bring me back some Turkish Delight ,I don't mean a waiter ,just some of the lovely pink and white stuff with icing sugar on it .Have a great time pet .
Well I'm away for my messages .Ta Ra .
Gemini
no Stuarty it isnt The Northern Lights, this will be first time going to it but I believe it is xmas lights and I hear it is really something to see I have done the festival of lights down in Georgia and also here in Cape May NJ, whitshisname was saying that they saw the Niagra ones back in '85 and I have a friend who went there in 2005 so I will be looking forward to it.
tammy
Morning all. Well I have had something pleasant today. Received a letter of recognition from work. For outstanding conduct, true professionalism and a most caring attitude. Apparently there have been a few patients who have been happy with the treatment I provided too them. My supervisor also wrote that I was a credit to the profession nd that I served as an inspiration to my fellow paramedics. It's made my day so it has! Guess that might make my day today work today go a little happier. Some days we think the people we are helping don't appreciate our help. Anyways, I hope you all have a great day today. Betty I'll pickup a few of those bingo dabber thingy's.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif tammy congradulations,,,,, ahm sure yi deserve it aw,,i love tae work one on one with people masel, very rewarding work. biggrin.gif
angel
tongue.gif Tammy it's nice to get a pat on the back now and again
, so you have a nice day too ......
Elma
Tammy, how wonderful, it is so nice to feel appreciated, isn't it, and well deserved too in your case. Congratulations. Next time I'm not well I'm coming down to your place biggrin.gif
tammy
Thanks pals. And Elma don't be silly, you come anytime. Any plans to come to Vancouver?
betty2
Congratulations Tammy I,m sure you deserved it. Been out most of the day and never spent a penny, but tomorrow is another day rolleyes.gif We [thats jess & me] have decided to put our trip to vrgas off until later in the year, cant get a direct flight until then, what they were offering was glasgow to london , then newark then chicago and finally las vegas. Ah prefer the quickest route fae A tae B so new schedule , vegas in june. Seems a long time away , but we,ll fill the gap wae wee trips tae Ireland.

Kanemam dont know youre time zone , taking it youre mibby either at work or asleep, the hoose is too quiet. withoot yi. QR are yi oot shoppin fur a tankini?

still here in glesca
stratson
Well Done Tammy! Well deserved, am sure. Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Is nice to be appreciated!
Melody
Betty, ah saw Kaneman tryin' tankinis oan in Markies the day. Ah wisnae sure if it was him or no at first but then a noticed he had wee toast soldiers wi him so it must have been him. laugh.gif

Never noticed ye there hi Stratson. smile.gif
wee mags
congraats Tamy ,I think you deseved it biggrin.gif makes you feel ggod dissnt it
jakka13
Congratulations Tammy ,ALL your pals on the boards are really chuffed ,I think it's O.K for me to include awe yer pals .I'm going to email you as soon as I post this .Three cheers for oor wee Paramedic.All together now ,Hip,Hip,Hooray.
Melody
Well done Tammy, we're all so proud of you. smile.gif
jimmyd
That is truly a wonderful profession you have chosen Tammy , I have had dealings with Paramedics in the past ,when I was working. Never ceased to amaze me how outwardly calm and reassuring they are.Congrats on your award , " haun ower yer shooder , an gie yersel a big pat oan the back " . dry.gif
Angela Chick
Well done Tammy thats great news you should be very proud of yourself biggrin.gif your commitment and hard work over the years has paid of for you.

Jakka it was 2 years ago you asked for that favour but this time i will deliver, so a box of gorgeous turkish delight will be winging its way to canada after i return biggrin.gif
betty2
Melody yi should huv followed him tae see whit else he wis buyin , next thing he,ll be wantin tae come wae us tae portugal rolleyes.gif an aw this fur the luv o a biled egg.

Here,s tae oor celebrity "Tammy" ah,ve a wee voddy in ma haun , Cheers to a very special lady.
Late oan the night fell asleep efter ma bath , missed Taggart, anaw

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Very quiet the night must all be in their beds, which is were am going shortly.

Betty mind Kanemans eggs in the morning ye know he will go ape if you forget. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.