Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Oh GB does the 'pickin' up' part mean whit ah think it means? sad.gif Oh Mammy Daddy.
Anne1
laugh.gif dont go there melody you might put your foot in it
Gallusbisom
Aye Melody, it does. Morning and evening and that doesn't even include the "doggie bags" when they go walking. Has anyone else tried walking 4 dogs at once? It can be really interesting rolleyes.gif

The part that has me worried, though, is the fact that our daughter that is studying monkeys and does research on their "stuff" is now looking at doing a project on elephants. To quote my Mum, in the name of the wee man and Jimmy the bookie, I ain't picking up any of THAT stuff (besides, I don't think we can have elephants in Unionville, must be some stupid bylaw against it laugh.gif ) GB
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif GB your hoping theres a bylaw
Angela Chick
Aye betty go back to swimming great exercise biggrin.gif but dont be diving of the spring board or anything like that biggrin.gif
betty2
Thanks but no thanks GB goat too attached tae ma wee westie Ben , broke my heart when he died.BUT ah cin see masel sittin oan an elephants back wink.gif ah could look the part therr , well melody says "am versatile"
Aye Angela its back tae the swimmin fur me goat 5 weeks tae shed a few pounds and then its the Algarve fur me . Ah cin dae it so ah cin rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
Hi Betty soory I hivnae been in for a wee while but ma gransons fair dain me in ,he must know Jimyd for he is a wee bugger like him,I never knew your wee dog had died ,sorry to hear it ,I have visions of you jumping aff the dive board !!!!!!!!cannae help but laugh at the thought biggrin.gif
betty2
Haud that dream mags "me oan a divin board" never canny even swim aw that much an ah never leave the shallow end. cool.gif Missed yi but ah know youre busy wae the kids, How,s the yank ???????

still here in glesca
Isobel
Oh my its great to be back thanks for the warm welcome Betty and Elma.Your so right Betty about the shopping ,but how expensive it is. I was blown away by the prices. The wages there must be pretty high.I loved John Lewis ,what a nice store.I seemed to be in there quite a bit. Maybe because it was right next to the bus station.I saw lots of changes.Bishopbriggs is not as nice as I remembered it.I took the bus tour of the city that was great,saw places I may not have had time to see. The people still as friendly as ever, no change there.
penny dainty
Ah Isobel you make me quite jealous , I would love a wee trip back home , I'm fine most of the time , but every now and then I get real pangs of homesickness .
Betty I can see you on the top board diving off into the crystal waters below just hang on to that cossie though, dont want it comin aff when you hit the water laugh.gif
Kaneman
Mornin Betty did ye give ah ma food away last night, you should be really fit wi ah that dancin.......or have you no been tellin the truth...I am fare shocked.......nae food nae dancin an am no askin.........
Melody
Betty will ye see if you've switched off something in your PMs thingy because I can't get a message to send to you. Could be me right enough. laugh.gif It has been known. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Sitting oan an elephants back laugh.gif aye betty i could just imagine ye going on one of your shopping trips and loading the elephant up might get some wee funny looks mind you laugh.gif
wee mags
ach Isobel you made me think of ma wee trip tae glesga there ,my son loved M&S he said he was having M&S withdrawal when he got back to South Carolina ,he also liked John Lewis ,As for Me John Lewis will be the place where ma daft cousin got ma name called over the loudspeaker and she lokin at me and I came out with ma famous De Niro saying "You looking fur me "?then the two Glamour girls came out of wan of the shops lookin like the glamour girls they are wub.gif
I loved every moment of it ,
keelie gal
here come's the weekend ochh dont ye just love em wub.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif aye keelie a know the feeling roll on saturday
betty2
Melody no youre fault , aw mine chinged ma e-mail address and messed everything up couldna get postin , but a wee phone call tae Angela who goat in touch wae Martin , and the man himself soartit it aw oot fur me. So a big thanks to ma pal Angela and Martin thanks to you I,m up and runnin again

Hello to the rest of you who cawd in when I was disabled from the board , will catch up with you all later Taggart,s oan the telly an ah jist luv that programme

Melody go intae google an type in betty inmasel it will give you all the pages from the day we all had to reregister back in 2003 what a laugh I had reading it and guess what "the bard" was on in all her glory that day. Takes you back to the fun we had back then. Give it a go

Once again Martin thank you and you too Angela

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif aye busy day the day so noo ahm having my ain wee perty,,,jist waiting furr stratson tae have cake and ginger with me,, then off tae listen tae oor jimmy sing,,diz a great job of it aha must say lassies,,, wink.gif
betty2
The man,s a star GL nae end tae his talent

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
aye betty,,,,,how are you hen biggrin.gif
betty2
I,m fine GL taking things easy , and at a more relaxing pace tongue.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
ohmy.gif gettin sleepy ohmy.gif time for bed

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty are you still up,,,must be aboot 4an
Melody
Ah'll do it now Betty, oh happy days eh? smile.gif
penny dainty
did ye hear jimmy singin The Old Rugged Cross , wasnt it lovely?
glasgow lass
aye penny,, was jist great,he sure knows how tae belt them oot,,i would love tae try it mahsel but id faint if i was to hear mah ain voice on here,,,,, awch a might dae it wanuthese days eh but ahm sure that most of yiz would skite it,,, laugh.gif laugh.gif
keelie gal
aye i thought it was lovely too he sure has great wee voice eh biggrin.gif
betty2
Aye jimmy is in fine voice still Well they do say "the older the fiddle the better the tune"
Oh happy days right enough melody, I spent the biggest part of last night reminising there . It was good to read the posts of members past. Wonder if they,ll come back eh? its been a long time since ladykate and doremi posted. Miss aw that banter wink.gif

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
laugh.gif aye betty ,,,,some members say that the old boards were the best what has changed , and the old chatbox wiz better than this one,,,cin yi fill me in a wee bit as aha wasn't a member then,,,thanks betty,,,,Lass smile.gif
betty2
Dont know what changed really , but it was a better board , We all got along and it was hilarious at times , not knockin new members , but the humour is,nt the same . When we all met for that first big meet back in 2003 we had a ball and there has,nt been one to beat it , but in saying so wee mags meet was a terrific time also. And to be honest the last meet in the horseshoe bar was such a calamity that it has put me off any future big meets. I,ll stick tae the wee wans enjoy them biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
In my opinion i think lately the boards has got very clannish, i suppose you get that everywhere in life so a website is no different. rolleyes.gif
betty2
tongue.gif Yes angela totally agree but there are those who do keep a friendly attitude and the ones that dont well its their loss .Ignorance arrogance and a hint o snobbery but to all this I dont give a hoot After all its like the telly what you dont want to watch you switch off tongue.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
aye whit happened did some one overnight change the site ? naw jist some think they own the board but its for everyone ,noo lets get the place cleared oot before we hiv company or am off tae listen tae oor Jimmy, or the post Basakar done for me the one wae Perry Como wub.gif
betty2
Hi mags am off tae bed noo goat a heavy day the morra , too much tae dae an no enuff hoors in the day tae dae it aw , cin yi no pop ower an gie me a wee haun tongue.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
aye I,ll be righ oor wink.gif
glasgow lass
betty, angela and mags,,,,,,the times that i would look into the ggbs before i became a member i did feel that there was a bit of bullying going on, and certain members trying to stuff their opinion down anothers throat, and not only with the guys at times the lassies were the worst to one another,interesting eh.
penny dainty
I come in for a laugh and a bit of lightsome banter, very occasioally a topic goes against the grain so to speak , but I voice an opinion and it's only an opinion mind and move on , I dont like to get into arguments , I'll join a debating group if I want agro.Lets keep it light.
It's so nice to have a laugh with like minded people.I find the Australians very lacking in their sense of humour , nice people don't get me wrong , but there is nothing in the world like a Glasgow sense of humour and unless you are from there it is difficult to understand what I mean as I'm sure you will all know.So I don't want to be nasty or bully anyone , unless ye steal ma sweeties , then yer deid, but do you get what I'm trying to say?
Elma
I know what you mean Betty and Mags, when I joined the boards were funny and also had serious topics which I would sometimes read and not respond because I thought maybe the debate was over my head. As you say, however, even the humour seems rather biting and sometimes even nasty these days, and I agree it is getting a bit cliquish (is that how you spell it!) with PMs going around to the "in" crowd. I'm not in that loop, that's not a complaint just an observation, although it would be nice to have an occasional one biggrin.gif . Having said that I'll still be on the board for my dailly fix and am looking forward to the big meet next year, but only if it is NOT in the Horseshoe.

Can I pop in and give you a wee hand with the housework too Betty, I'm great with a wee duster smile.gif
penny dainty
How are you with the iron Elma?
Kaneman
Mornin all, wake up Betty ahv been bangin on yer door fur an oor, came tae help yeh with yer hooswork, and get mah expat eggs an stuff........Elma where is Kimberley?? We have a Kimberley here as well big hole there!!
Kaneman
rolleyes.gif Penny where dae yeh hide them sweeties.... biggrin.gif
Elma
Kaneman, Kimberley is in British Columbia, Canada. It was called after Kimberley, South Africa as there was a mine here which produced zinc and silver. It closed at the end of 2001 after 100 years of continuous mining, the longest in the world, well at least Canada. Kimberley is now a resort town with a fantastic ski hill and also 3 world class golf courses in the city itself and 4 more within a 20 mile radius.

End of geography lesson...............
Kaneman
Ta Elma, arr you helpin Betty wi her hooswork, ah hope so cos shes got tae get ma breakfast ready, Ah have been to Kimberley, here its doon sooth, was a mine ahuge big hole in the grund nae wurk there noo cos theres nuthin left tae mine..........is it biled eggs agin?????
Kaneman
Ah went skiin once in Aviemore, well thats what they telt us it was, spent all the time on mah backside and freezin tae death........cost 30 bob fur the weekend then..ah think it was somethin tae do wi Duke of endinburgh award scheme cool.gif
Kaneman
Hey Betty are you cheatin on me an makin biled eggs fur anothir ex pat.... wub.gif
betty2
Mornin all , well it seems there are a few of us agrred on the situation on here but maybe it,ll sort itself out in time . Now where,s aw ma little helpers this mornin?, plenty o offers oot there an ah could br daen wae some help. Kaneman heard yi bangin oan the door , here get these eggs doon yi an am sorry but ah burnt the toast. wink.gif an PD dont gie him ony sweeties tae he eats his brekkie. Elma you take care o the dustin while ah make the beds , Monday,s the day fur chingin them. Angela ,s mibby gawn shoppin fur swimwear an sun lotion , she,s off tae turkey in a coupla weeks, tell me its really hot there , me am off tae the algarve at the same time ,

still here in glesca
Kaneman
Hi Betty, a thought ye wer noring me........ah see its biled eggs agin.. well beggars canna be........if ye are goin away whoos gona make mah eggs....tell them tae pack the Nivea...good fur sunburn tongue.gif
Kaneman
Betty am havin trouble findin PD's sweeties, where does she hide them.....leave her an Elma tae do yer hooswork and come over here and help me find them sweeties....... rolleyes.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif Ach yir a tonic at this time o the mornin kaneman, whit dae yi mean biled eggs again yi never asked fur a chinge . Ah,ll scramble them the morra. The clue tae the sweetie hideoot is in her name, if am right in thinkin "penny dainty" is a big sweetie. so smile nice an you,ll get wan

still here in glesca
Kaneman
Ahv given up oan they sweets any way..Anne1 telt mae she'd bring me a stick a rock..ah think she was havin mae oan said she wid bring mae biled egg flavor...is this a new flavor or wit???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.