Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
wee mags
oops a posted twice
betty2
Jist call it a wee senior moment mags , its allowed at oor agw biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
another oops that should read AGE anither senior moment sad.gif
penny dainty
laugh.gif
betty2
fell asleep earlier , so looks like ah,ll be doin a nightshift sad.gif

fell asleep earlier , so looks like ah,ll be doin a nightshift sad.gif
wee mags
aye betty these senior moments are coming too fast tae me biggrin.gif
betty2
Dont worry mags youre not alone on this one biggrin.gif

still here in glesca

might disappear soon startin tae get sleepy
keelie gal
Hello ladies just popping in tae say hello well its my day off today ,got the wee grandaughter comming round and the sun is shinning the washing is flapping happily on the line and all the hoosework is done biggrin.gif so guess its a nice long stroll in the park for me today well we have to make the most of the good weather when we can eh biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aw Keelie that sounds like one of the best ways tae spend a day walking with a wee baby in a pram,,,,nothing like having a wee baby in yir erms,,,ahe think it brings the best oot in us,,Lass
betty2
Have a lovely day Keelie wish ma hoosework wis done , the washin,s aw done waitin oan me pullin oot the ironing board and iron. Bought wan o they steam generators, great thing, makes ironing a lot easier, [a job ah hate] GL youre soundin a bit broody but wee weans in prams diz that tae us knowin that efter the walk they go hame biggrin.gif Enjoy the rest of the day ladies am goin tae face the ironing sad.gif

still here in glesca
Java
Betty, see when ye've finished yer ironin, if ye should happen tae be thinkin o' maybe perhaps makin semolina wi sultanas and then if ye should happen tae be fancyin a wee walk tae Glasgow Central wi a bowl o' it and then if ye happen tae get oan the carlisle train by mistake......ah'll meet ye at the ither end an take the bowl off ye, jist tae save ye takin it aw the wey back, ye understand....biggrin.gif
Lennox
haud oan here a min , Betty if your gonna make her epudding we all want some , fair's fair you know ...
glasgow lass
laugh.gif aye lennox yir right oan hen,,,aha wee bitty puddin furr aw eh. aye it'll help me oot mah broodin tongue.gif
stratson
Am mair interested in yer Iron, whit make is it, hiv bin chowin' ower purchasin' wan, if they ur that good a want wan, as a hate ironin' masel.So Betty, wid ye say is a good invest ment? ohmy.gif
Java
Are ye mental Stratson....pickin an iron ower a bowla semolina an sultanas?...laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Naw, um aw ther/ jist don't fancy semolinaand sultanas>>>>yuk. Noo baked rice wae them wid tickle ma fancy
Java
Oh now yer talkin Stratson....see if ye happen tae get oan the same train as Betty by mistake....ah'll meet you at the ither end tae...laugh.gif
stratson
His any wan goat a big ashet fur bakin' rice,? that poor lassie java is hivin pangs. Noo see if the train tae Carlisle wid take the free bus pass, ye'd be in wae a shout
Gallusbisom
That's it ah'm there anaw. Semonlina is good bit rice wae sultannas??? Smashin. Jist whit a need tae recoup fae the weddin. wink.gif GB
stratson
QUOTE (Gallusbisom @ 19th Jul 2007, 09:13 PM) *
That's it ah'm there anaw. Semonlina is good bit rice wae sultannas??? Smashin. Jist whit a need tae recoup fae the weddin. wink.gif GB

Ye didnae get merrid Gallus, did ye? laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Tee Hee Hee , ah'm admittin nowt rolleyes.gif GB
Angela Chick
Hello gang biggrin.gif well i will be glad to see the back of this week a have been on Jury Duty since Tuesday driving me nuts my whole routine is up the swanee so am looking forward to the weekend for a bit of normality biggrin.gif
Heather
Angela, I know how you feel.
I have been on Jury Duty on two occasions and each time spent a full week sitting about the Court.
The second time I was called they tried to get a Trial under way, with the accused in the Dock then his Legal Team started conferring with the Judge, so the Trial was cancelled.
On the Thursday they sent us to the High Court and the same thing happened. We were told to come back the next day, then at lunch time we were sent home.
The third time I was called I had a Chest Infection, so I went to the Doctor and got a sick line, I have never been called again.

We all accept that we have to do our Civic Duty, but the time wasted sitting about the Court for a full week is not acceptable, when a Trial does not get started.
Angela Chick
Heather this is the second time i have been called up in the space of 2 years am fed up with it, been called up 4 times all together and seemingly once you sit the 10 years excusal was brought down to 5 years then 1 year, but now you can get cited anytime straight after.
Heather
Angela, I did not know they could call you up so often in such a short time. I can only think the reason is because the soaring crime rate in Glasgow. Unfortunate for you and others in your position.
If they keep on calling you the way they are doing , you will soon have enough knowledge of the Law to get a Law Degree. smile.gif

When I got the sick note from my doctor, he also said that as well as being ill at that time, I was unfit for Jury Duty because I had Asthma. Now that I am retired, I don't think I will be called again.
Angela Chick
Heather mark said to me at this rate angela you will have your own seat next to the Judge laugh.gif seriously though i agree with what you said about the soaring crime rate in glasgow.

If i disappear from the GG you will know i have gained a law degree and i am mixing in higher cirlces now laugh.gif ( i wish)
Heather
Yes m'lord. laugh.gif
stratson
Like Heather and Angela Chick have done my stint of jury service, the last time was about sixteen years ago,due to health problems I too got a Dr,'s letter. They in due course sent me a letter telling me was excused jury duty for rest of my life. Of the three times I was asked, only one case went to trial
tammy
Hi Angie, Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend! smile.gif Hopefully you won't be called again. I got called once, but the lawyer for the defence didn't want me....as soon as he heard what my job was he refused. I wouldn't have helped his "client" I guess. He seemed to turn away anyone with any credibility. I often wonder how that trial went after seeing who he did agree too. Make sure you are looking after your health too.

Ok, who wants some fresh baked scones with fresh picked raspbrries? I've left them in the kitchen ready for tea. A quick dusting of the place before I leave for work.
stratson
Sounds Yummy to me, I'll have one please Tammy, laugh.gif
keelie gal
Angela hopefully this will be the last time you get cited pal wink.gif ohhh tammy i will have some scones please the sound so yummy well lassies hope all is well with you all ,im off out tonite got some VIP tickets through work for a new venue opening up so its free drinks and free meals around no bad eh fer a friday night ,weather still crap down my way its getting depressing noo sad.gif wheres oor summer gone tammy bet you are having great weather pal send us over some sunshine pal
keelie gal
ohhh nearly fergot
Angela Chick
QUOTE (Heather @ 20th Jul 2007, 12:24 AM) *
Yes m'lord. laugh.gif

Objection laugh.gif
Lennox
QUOTE (stratson @ 19th Jul 2007, 03:05 PM) *
Noo baked rice wae them wid tickle ma fancy

Stratson , see wit ou've started noo, Ok I want some of that , and I'll do your Ironing Stratson
Angela Chick
Oops hi Tammy hi Keelie never saw your posts there biggrin.gif
Heather
Tammy, Angela did not see your post as she was too busy admiring her wig, you know the kind the Judge's wear. laugh.gif
betty2
Playin catch up here, so bear wae me ladies, java gettin tae carlisle is nae problem tae me ma pass allows me tae travel FREE oan the train in scotland. No sure where yi stey tho wis thinkin o makin an overnight stay efter aw luggin that big ashet o semolina wid be tirin tongue.gif

Stratson strongly recommend the iron [moulinex] goat it in watt bros. its oan special offer at 50 quid

Angela gled yir ordeal,s ower thankfully ah,ve never done jury duty [exempt]

an am losin track here but withoot ony offence intended to all you ladies who directed youre posts tae me Lennox, Tammy. glasgowlass, gallusbissom think that covers yi all. Dont like tae ignore folk [definately no ma style] withoot cause. So are we aw meetin up at carlisle for semolina an sultanas then wash it doon wae tea an some o they hame made scones. Think it wid need tae be an qvernight stay cos this could finish up a pairty rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
keelie gal
well wit can a say rolleyes.gif ran oot of fags sent the big yin up 24 HOOR garage.......eargarley waits the tap oan the door
tongue.gif
keelie gal
also miss ma wee blethers wi tammy n angela
betty2
Sorry keeliegal

missed you oot oan ma post see whit happens when you dont visit oan here wan is inclined tae get aw fanklied up. Is he back wae yir fags yet biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Got a message from leen there she is heading to glasgow within the next couple of weeks lookin forward to meeting up with her biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
stratson
Hi Betty2, thanx for info! Guess where am off tae>>>>>Watt Bros. biggrin.gif
stratson
Got the MoulinexGenerator. Luckily there were a couple left.

Suppose aw a huv tae dae noo is twitch ma nose and" Voila", ironin' will be aw done! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Angela Chick
QUOTE (Heather @ 21st Jul 2007, 12:48 AM) *
Tammy, Angela did not see your post as she was too busy admiring her wig, you know the kind the Judge's wear. laugh.gif

Heather a could not see a thing the wig was so long biggrin.gif
betty2
stratson they were selling fast an furious trhe day I was in , I think its great , but alas twitchin yir nose disnae work rolleyes.gif but it does make ironin a lot less tiresome

Nae luck at bingo the day , anither contribution still always a next time

still here in glesca
betty2
Hi angela put it up in a pony tail wae a nice ribbon an am sure you,ll see a lot clearer. Off tae watch telly , miserable night so its pj,s couch an telly fur me this night , wink.gif

still here in glesca
keelie gal
Morning Ladies sunday morning's dont ye just love them well the sun is shining here just now dont know how long for mind you as they have forecast heavy rain again they reckon we will have two months rainfall in 24 hours i heard on the radio unsure.gif just been watching the floods on the telly feel so sorry fer the poor souls in the midlands and evesham just keeping ma fingers crossed we dont get them doon here,well lassies im away tae make my brekkie so catch you all laters wink.gif
penny dainty
Can't beleive all the rain that is falling in the U.K just now, the poor folk losing their homes and all being washed away , it's dreadful.
Was out for a curry the night for tea, nice wee change instead of me cooking, back home kettle on and the gas fire , still cold.
glasgow lass
hallo lassies ahve no been in for a while as the weather has been so nice here one of the nicest summers thst i can remember usually its humid jist aboot every day in the summer time but this yr its been lovely with breezy days and the bluest skys with big white clouds its breath taking so ive been enjoying every bit of it,,,,ahm still waiting furr stuarty tah gee me a nice oot fit furr the cruise god knows shes in the shops enough these days tongue.gif , urr is it jist aw aboot her perty urr whit tongue.gif aye lassies have a good wan eh,,,,Lass.
keelie gal
aye okay dont rub it in cool.gif laugh.gif.... glasgow lass send me some of that good weather yer having
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.