Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
anne
Hey Teeny,I thought that's what you got at flea markets.....Lorna is my mate from up the road from me, and yes you were right about the name, she's from Glasgow as well, can't get away from them.... biggrin.gif

Anne Perth Aussieland

Where are you?
betty2
This is just a quick visit , its been a long and stressful day and i'm going for a long soak and then an early night . My result at the hospital was a favourable one they did'nt tell me anything that i did'nt already know , once again the subject of an operation was mentioned but i once again refused to even consider this , I've had too many disappointments already and i aint getting any younger. .So i'll make the best of what i've got and get on with my life. A very dear friend of mine is very ill so i'm taking a break from the board i know my good friends here will keep things neat'n'tidy cheers rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Hey betty, Keep the chin up pet and sleep well tonight. I'm on holiday weekend mode here and thinking today is Sunday still. Prayers are with you and yours....and I'm glad that's the hospital over with and you've made your decision. I know it's never an easy one to make so Well Done wink.gif Talk soon xxxx
Melody
Hi ya Betty, I was thinking about you today, I know that you will have made the right decision, you know best what's right for you. I'm glad you got on alright and that it is over for you today, thinking about you, take care of yourself. Talk soon.
Marg
Betty was chatting with your sister today and we were thinking about you , glad thats over with and be happy with your choice as you know whats best for you.Hope your friend is well soon.take care
leeninaus
Betty, was going to give you a quick call when I woke at 4.00 this morning ( thinking it was an ideal time ) but sooooooo glad I didn't ! would have hated to waken you from your early night unsure.gif Glad you got today over without too much bother ! Take Care !!!!
maggie2
Betty glad you have decided whats best for you! Hope your friend gets better soon, Remember to take care of yourself!!
Maggie
maggie2
AWWWWWWWWW! Teeny I was just pulling your leg! I got a nice big box of Black Majic for you! course being from here I hope there not stale!! unsure.gif
anne
Hi Betty, Hope you are okay and your friend as well, take care, Archie do you call those bloomers !!!!! My letterbox grows lovely daisies don't you think.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
maggie2
Oh very nice photo Anne......I love daisys!! we are cming into fall here so all my flowers are about gone!
Well I sure hope someone is cookin' breakfast later today! as I will be stervin later! LOL
davyab44
Hello Betty love.....so sorry to hear about your friend....I'm sure your ministrations will be of great benefit to her.....I also hope you yourself will be feeling better in your mind regarding your decision....enjoy your wee rest from the Boards with this wee poem ....just for you and the kindness you've shown me........

Wi hope yur feelin' better hen
Wur thinkin' o' ye tae
So hae a rest, pit up yur feet
May guid things fill yur day
An' while yur tendin' tae yur freen
Wull pray fur her an' a'
Then when yur back in yur ROOM, wance mair
Again wull huv a ba'

Take good care o' yersel Darlin'.....GOOD PEOPLE ARE SCARCE!!!!!

davyab44
Teeny
wink.gif
anne
Hi Teeny, yer a wee stoater so ya are. My wee dug Albi would have you before you got out the car. You wouldn't be able to get these in the back yard unless you had a chopper.As for me leading Lorna astray !!!! Your right.. We go caravaning and every morning we have bacon, eggs, tottie scones, that my Iain makes and scotch sausage, that I make, yum yum. Maggie 2, glad you liked my daisies, we are going into summer and Iain's sister is coming over next month, from Scotland, and I'm hoping the daisies stay put.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
Archie Millar
Smashin' photos Anne colours are great ,of course its your spring now, and here's us going into winter---it's a wonderful world
Teeny
wink.gif
Archie Millar
Hi Tenny---Yi've gote tae blether tae the floores ,tae make them grow---but, they don't understaun Glasgwegian rolleyes.gif
Hugo
Wumi ndefenately rule !!!!! :
Archie Millar
Hugo smashin' photo--A think yi should buy a pair o' waater-wings
kas
betty glad things went well for you -hope ur friend is enjoying ur company-thinking of u both. anne those daisy r beautiful, u must sing to them? hugo is that ur little yacht pulled up to ur dock? archie- tell the desert it's fall it still thinks it's summer! melody talking about singing-how r u? i was looking for ur singing thread-where is it? maggie2 how's ur back healing? i love black magic tae! share some eh?
maggie2
Foostie! oh Teeny I haven't heard that expression in years!!made me laugh thinking about it!!
Gosh Hugo somebody parked a big boat in your garden?hope your charging docking fees?
Anne I loved your rose arbor...i still have some late butterflies out in my garden, which is still in bloom but not as pretty as it was in summer.
Teeny did you make breakfast? did I miss it then?
Kas I am doing ok....still some pain and have to wear a bloody uncomfortable brace when up and about! I have no patience! and these things take time to heal and all that!!
Oh Anne can you no just see Teeny in a floatin' balloon with your Albi and it full oh the daisies??? LOL
Marion Dougan
Betty,
My thoughts are with you. Hope your friend is well,
Love,
Marion
Gemini
ok gang betty is not available the noo but left me in charge of her wee hoose, an' ah cin see its gettin a wee bit messy, so spit spot time to clean an air this place oot she'll ho hauf be mad if she walks in the door, whose turn wis it fur the sterrs, haw wee mags shud we take the curtains doon an' waaash them ah'll dae the windaes need a volunteer fur the flair an wan fur the toilet , c'mon noo hauns up fur volunteerin
rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Aw great.......Here we go.....Don't bother tossin the coin Melody, AHLL dae the toilets...AGAIN!!!! laugh.gif Okay sargeant Ria, ah'll be starvin efter the toidy joab{pardon the pun}, so whose turn is it tae go fur the rolls an sausage......Wherr the hells that Shamus hidin onyway? Aw here Rabbie kin go an tell him tae get a pint a milk an aw....Toss ower that bleach hen will ye...Hoi Marion did you bring in the towels aff the line?..Gies wan wae me, thanks pet..
Kaz61
whilst yes are daein that ah'll just hae a wee coaffee sitting oan the pouffe in the coarner huh.gif
Melody
Kaz pal jist get a wee duster and dust roon, here's the polish and stuff, ye know how fussy Betty is, make sure ye get into the coarners. I'll get the rolls and sausage, well fired is it? They probably will be by the time I'm finished wi them! Ria whit are you daein'? Are you jist the gaffer the day? Hurry up and get the tea made fur me coming back, Kaz get yer feet doon aff the table. Maybe we'll get visitors the night, maybe dark strangers wi any luck!
Catherine
sittin oan the pouffe wae aw the oad soacks an matchin them up....good fur you Kaz.....ahll hae a coffee an aw then laugh.gif
Melody
Come oan Ria, we'll sit doon beside these two and match the soacks, another two cups Kaz... we'll have a wee rest and a wee chat! Good idea? Pass the paper ower Catherine whits the favourite in the 3.30pm the day!
Kaz61
Super idea.......tway cups coming up. and have a wee digestive or two...for dipping in ( or don't we do that in Betty's hoose??)

Or is thur an Etiquette book so as ah know how tae behave wi the blue blooded aristocrasy???
Gemini
aye awright yoo lot Kaz cin yi no dae sumpin whilst yir stiin therr twiddlin yir toes noo watch they digestives dont be gettin any crumbs oan the flerr, whars that wee mags an' marion catherine did yoo dae the toidy yit melody hurry up hen an get they rolls an' sausage yoo know betty disnae like the greasy smell in here hoi there's jimmyd an big al cumin doon the road, whit the heck ur they cairryin' kaz quick get the door an help them unsure.gif
Catherine
Well here''s hopin Ria their kerryin a decongestant fur me, alang wae a boattle of asprin an a lemsip......ma heids burstin here wae sinus laugh.gif
Always the same this time a year wae the change a weather, don't think ahv hud a Thanksgivin yet that a don't end up wae this......must be the different pollens in the air up North {an aw the dust ye stir up when yer cleanin an closin}. It's pitch black here, rain pourin doon an totally miserable. Oh an aye ahv cleant the toidy...it's gleamin....so ah bags the furst roll in sausage...please...an thankye..
Fearn
QUOTE (Hugo @ 14th Oct 2003, 09:34 AM)
Archie, can you advise me on my garden , as you see it can get a bit damp and waterlogged.

Could this by any chance be 'The World'?

HAL Rotterdam V1 on the right
Teeny
wink.gif
anne
Hey Teeny, lovely roses...My Albi is on the way ...Beware..Beware

Anne. Perth Aussieland biggrin.gif
panless
it's my first time in glasgow in a few weeks , i'm uptraining for my new job, i'm from the north east, where is the best place to go
Archie Millar
Hi Tenny where dae yi get the horse sh-t (manure) fur such smashin' floers?--a thought it was a' sheep-sh-t where you come from!!!
Mary48
LOL, Archie, Teeny's fu' o' it!!

Jist kiddin, hen:)
Gemini
ah hear catherine, rain an' wind pounding the windaes last night, gettin' a wee bit nippy oot think ah'll light the fire, haw kaz wull yoo get some coal while ah set the fire, aaah thats better a nice toasty fire a wee cuppa guid company, well hullo therr Panless c'moan in an' huv a wee cuppa here sit by the fire awfy cauld oot there Melody bring Panless a wee cuppa, thanks hen, Betty'll be in the noo panless so sit back an' pit yir feet up we're awe freens here in betty's hoose, rolleyes.gif
Fearn
Glorious Teeny!
Catherine
Lovely flooers Teeny, Geoff planted a few wee rose bushes for me this summer and they wur still bloomin two weeks ago...Plus ye should see the height thae goat tae!!

Ah could be daen wae a cuppa Gemini hen, the wind here last night wis howlin, ah woke up tae hear the weans wagon rollin doon the path an ontae the road...up ah goat an oot ah went tae retrieve it...hauf two in the mornin, rain slantin doon an me puulin this wet wagon back oantae the driveway{cursin geoff fur no puttin it in the garage}...goes back tae bed wherr Maxi hud sneaked in in ma absence......cuddles intae the back of me ahn ahm thinkin aw nice an waarm...then reality hit...somebody wis dreamin they wur in the toilet.....Next thing we're aw up staggerin aw ower the place tryin tae fun anither bed laugh.gif Ah ended up in Max's bed wae Jake at the fit an max aw ower me....Ah don't take sugar but gies a wee nip in ma brew while yer therr Melody..thanks hen...
Archie Millar
Hey Panless--yi'll need tae tell us whit yi'r aboot an whit yi'r lookin' fur --am sure there's still a few of us in the auld toon cin steer yi in the right direction---no livin' there maself fur forty-odd years a don't ken ma wey roon --an yi'll hiv tae learn tae use this daft language biggrin.gif
Catherine
Whit daft language izat Archie????? laugh.gif
Hi Panless, Nice tae meet ye, wance ye'v hud yer tea why don't ye nip ower tae Questions forum an put yer question in therr...Bet someone will come up wae somethin fur ye....in here therrs a guid chance ye'll get loast wae the amount a bletherin this rabble dae...{no me mind, ahm no wan tae blether...it's aw them ower therr}
Barbara
Archie, I couldn't make out all of your words, some of them got bleeped out.........rofl.....what was it you were trying to say? ha ha ha ha ha tongue.gif

Nice Buds, Teeny!!!!

Speaking of manure, get your hands (well, maybe not your HANDS) on some Alpaca poop. Can't be beat.
betty2
welcome panless draw a cherr up this is the place where aw us freens meet up fur a cuppa an a blether i'm sure your stay in glasgow will be a pleasant one and you'll find lots to do remember we are known as the city of culture .Let us know a wee bit more about yourself and i'm sure there will be someone here who can advise you on where to go and what to see cheers rolleyes.gif
Hugo
Wumin rule , oh aye !!!!!!!!!!
Catherine
Well cripes ah seen it aw noo....look oot the windae guys...therrs a SHIP parked ootside yer front door betty!!!! Ahd like tae see the warden givin that wan a ticket laugh.gif Dam ur we oota milk again? Hoi who's turn is it tae go..sno mine..naw it isnae...ah went last time..Och stoap shoutin..aye awright AHLL GO!!!! {might meet a wee sailor fur Marion}
Marion Dougan
Hi guys,
No bin in fur a few days. Whit's wie the photo's.this is Bettys wee hoose, no an art gallery. We, from day 1 came in here fur a wee cuppa, mibee somethin stroanger, wee blether, phot'os a don't think so. So PLEASE git rid o the phot's an jist git us in tae Betty's hoose the wey it wis. Onybuddy goat anything tae say, say it, yee'l no hurt ma feelins, am a big lassie ( nae comments you guys lol) kinluk oot fur masel. Please take the art gallery to another thread. Martin, we may need your help here. This is Betty's hoose an it's styin that wey,
marion
Marion Dougan
Scuuuuuuze me. I know I don't have to look. I don't want to look.
This is not the place for photo's,
Marion
Fearn
QUOTE (Marion Dougan @ 15th Oct 2003, 02:11 PM)
Hi guys,
No bin in fur a few days. Whit's wie the photo's.this is Bettys wee hoose, no an art gallery. We, from day 1 came in here fur a wee cuppa, mibee somethin stroanger, wee blether, phot'os a don't think so. So PLEASE git rid o the phot's an jist git us in tae Betty's hoose the wey it wis. Onybuddy goat anything tae say, say it, yee'l no hurt ma feelins, am a big lassie ( nae comments you guys lol) kinluk oot fur masel. Please take the art gallery to another thread. Martin, we may need your help here. This is Betty's hoose an it's styin that wey,
marion

Yer right on the mark Marion!!!!!!!!!!!! bit it's aw Hugo's fault!

Ah could nae post a reply in the right place whin he wis ower here.

Ah think flowers in the hoose could be fine , bit no the ither stuff!

Hiv ye asked fur Martin's help? smile.gif
hubert
Cue fur a song, lovely photo lovely flooers.
There`s a yellow rose in Texas, I`m going there to see.
I know she`s waiting for me, nobody only me.
She cried so when I left her, it like to broke her heart.
And if we ever meet again, we never more shall part.

She`s the sweetest little rosebud, that Texas ever knew.
Her eyes are bright as diamonds, they sparkle like the dew.
You may talk about your Clementine, and sing of Rosy Lee.
But the Yellow Rose of Texas, is the only one for me.

Oh, I`m going back to find her, my heart is full of woe.
We`ll sing the songs together, that we sang so long ago.
I`ll pick the banjo gailly, and sing the songs of yore.
The Yellow Rose of Texas, shall be mine forever more.

Encore, encore, shuv him oot the back door.
Hugo
Fearn!, what do you mean , "it's all Hugo's fault". Explain please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.