Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
That is definitely a Glasgow personality being quick to anger and equally quick to laugh laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Awww well thats us weegies for you biggrin.gif
Melody
I like being a weegie. laugh.gif
Java
Since ah'm doon south, ah'll be a scweegie...laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Being a Weegie is grand,
Only a Weegie would know,
That we are the best,
Cause its simply so biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif nice wan angela see that wee java shes into everything
Angela Chick
Learn something knew everyday Anne biggrin.gif
betty2
Here I am ladies nice tae be missed wis startin tae think it wis "ah hate betty2 week" Melody enjoyed meetin up wiyth you yesterday. Plenty of laughter wish there was more of that instead of all the bitterness in the world of today. have been busy in here all day most of it done now , well the clearing out part painter arrives on thursday he,s here for two days then the floor to get laid then the furniture to get built all go in here this week and part of next biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Me too Betty, thoroughly enjoyed our meeting with the others nice wee civilised blether and a good laugh. That's what friendship is all about. smile.gif Such a treat to meet Mags I've aways been very fond of her too. So many happy topics and so many laughs over the years gives us all such pleasant memories. smile.gif
penny dainty
It must be lovely for you all to be able to meet up.Apart from those of you who are related , did any of you know each other before coming on the boards?
jimmyd
I think mibbee wan or two members are related or were friends before GG Penny , I know I can talk for Betty , Melody and Mags , they were complete strangers prior to GG. I never knew anyone before , and yet I feel I have known some members all my life. To me that is the magic of these boards . It's a Glesga thing. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Isobel
Like Jimmy I knew no one when I arrived. So we all became close friends. Meeting up with a number of the members has just made it all that better.Such wonderful people Honest I feel like I have know them all my life. Maybe it is a Glasgow thing.To all reading this ,If you can make it to the meet in Glasgow please go .I know you will have a great time.
Angela Chick
Im the same feel like i know certain members, like wee mags once mentioned when you meet Betty its like you have know her all your life biggrin.gif I never made it to the wee meet on sunday for Mags but im sure i would have had a great time if i had. biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif just had a wee call fae mags shes shattered wae aw the travelling shes hoping to meet up with our other cousin tomorrow
betty2
mornin campers another day here in no so sunny glesca, dont care cos am stuck in work work and merr work an the morra ah,ll be watchin paint dryin tongue.gif sounds like fun eh

still here in glesca
Java
Depens Betty...whit coloura paint is it?...laugh.gif
betty2
gettin done in in chocolate and cream seen it in a friends house and it looks nice , just the one wall dark the other three in cream . god java ah know it,ll be nice when its finished but its aw the upheaval . Whole room is gettin done top tae bottom , yi widnae huv a sperr minute tae gie me a hun liftin this carpet tongue.gif ah well workin gear oan so its Hi Ho

still here in glesca
Java
Ah wid help Betty, but ah've been tae the doctor an he says ah've put ma back oot....well he mighta said oot an dont come back, but whits a wee word swop between pals....ah'll make ye a wee cuppa if ye want, jist gie's a wee shout when yer ready....
betty2
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

still here in glesca

better get startit will gie yi a shout fur that cuppa in a while
betty2
Ready fur a cuupa noo worked like a trojan the day , but thats it aw ready fur the tradesmen,, So noo its time fur a long soak in the bath then dinner and this night I aint doin no more , Family members are off tae vegas in the early hoors so will gie them a wee call tae wish them bon voyage an ah still wish ah wis gaun wae them sad.gif

still here in glesca

jimmy am still lookin fur that phone number hooase is upside doon at the moment will pm it tae yi
Isobel
Sound lovely Betty I'm a beige and brown person myself so I know I would love it.I remember doing my bathroom in a nice dark brown with beige towels etc. Most of my friends thought i was nuts when i bought the paint. However everyone loved it , and when I sold my house a few months ago the lady just thought it was beautiful, something she would never have done but would not change now she sees it.This house I have moved into is all the builders beige cant wait to get a bit of colour to it.
Angela Chick
My sister done her hall up last month dark brown i thought she had lost the plot but like you say Isobel it turned out lovely really rich looking biggrin.gif

Betty in you come for a wee sit down a bet your napping on the settee laugh.gif
Melody
Angela, see if Betty's got any biscuits left? Ah'll put the tea on. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Ok melody am on it known betty she will have a stash somewhere it better no be plain ones left laugh.gif
Melody
Angela, she better have some of the Markies wans a took her on Sunday. Mibbe she's finished them it was only a wee packet. smile.gif
Java
Would that be the wans ah planked behind the couch?.......s'a funny thing...when ah went tae get them, there wis three missin....
Angela Chick
Melody betty better no have ate all the markies ones biggrin.gif

Java a had a feeling you had a stash as well as betty call it gut instinct laugh.gif
Java
In ma case ah think its called gutsy instinct....laugh.gif laugh.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Java am hungry just thinking of markies choccy biscuits or the cream and jam scones they do pity a canny eat them but a can dream biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Im of to watch some tv thanks for the fun ladies as always biggrin.gif Goodnight.
penny dainty
Ah kin eat them Angela Chick, shouldnt , but can, in fact probably will.
jakka13
Just dropped in for a wee cuppa .I've brought some Millionairs Shortbread ,hope Betty likes it .She must be shattered with all the painting .Haven't been in much lately .Too bli@#$ hot .I don't have AC in this room my computer's in and right now at 10:10pm it's 83 in here .I'm away to cool down before I go to bed .Goodnight pals ,Jakka
Catherine
Aw turn it up Penny, ah wis jist in the mood fur wan an you've scoffed them aw laugh.gif

Kiddin oan pet.....ahv jist fur the third time this week made cup cakes fur the class.......BOLK!! If ah see wan mare cup cake it's gaun intae space like a rocket !!
Mind you, ah wis at a neighbours earlier fur dinner therr, came hame tae make the cup cakes an ye get a better laugh when the mix goes aw ower the joint when yer hauf cut laugh.gif

Boys are aw excited, last day a school the morra.....ah jist cannae wait fur a mornin wherr ye don't need tae be runnin aboot like a blue A fly y'no!

It's been roastin here, ah phoned ma mum the night at five a clock, wis 97 oan ma deck in the shade!
Not complainin, it's been a long time comin as they say...so they say..who's they when they're at hame onyway ?
Catherine
Yo Jean ye sneaked in there pet.....how ye doin up in cottage terrain? biggrin.gif
Isobel
Hello Jean , I was just thinking how lucky you were being up at the lake, its roasting down here. Catherine you are lucky having the deck. All a have right now is a bloddy big pile of dirt outside my window. One week today I leave for dear old Glasgow toon. Should be in Bishopbrigg on Friday. I will keep an eye out for you Melody.What did you say you were the lady on Kirkintilloch Road with the big flower hat.My wee daughter leaves this Saturday back packing Europe. Its been in the planning for some time now.They arrive this Sunday in Glasgow. Then London then all over Europe for four weeks. As I am a real worry wart I do hope they will be alright.As Jim says , no wonder you have high blood pressure.Ok Betty is there any tea in the pot. Well maybe I will have something stronger tonight , help me to sleep. Goodnight all. See you in the morning. tongue.gif
betty2
Sorry never made it fur the cuppa gurls lifted that carpet masel , so efter a hot bath and dinner flaked oot oan the couch. Then checking oot the time in ma diary [goat tae write everything doon noo} noticed ah,ve the dental hospital the dat an ah wis thinkin it wis thursday. Talk aboot senior moments. However the painter has telt me tae leave the curtain rails an he,ll take them and the blinds doon. God bless him. See when yi feed them well workmen cin be very nice an dae aw they wee extras tongue.gif . Slept that much am up afore the lark this mornin. Leave me some o they biscuits they wur a present fae ma pal melody

still here in glesca
penny dainty
A present ye say Betty unsure.gif sorry , Penny says wiping the crumbs off her chins, I ate them all along wi the cup cakes and the scones. sad.gif
lindamac
OCH YER FINE & DANDY BETTY DOLL AVE GOAT A HUGE BAG HER FULL OF TOFFE & MINT YOYOS & ORANGE CLUB BISCUITS DARL SO HERE YE ARE THEN A HALE NEW CHOCCY BISCUIT STASH AVE PIT IN SOME OF THEM MCVITIES DIGESTIVES & RICH TEA BICCIES TAE FOR THE PLAIN PREFERANCES WHICH WILL LIKELY BE JIST ME HAHAHA.....hAPPY tAE BE BACK LOAST YEES AWE FOR A COUPLA DAYS THERE GGGEMS GREAT TAE BE BACK AM CERTAIN O THAT YIN.......SO URR WE HUVIN THAT SALOON CHICK BRIDESMAIDS THINGY URR NOT? hAPPY TRAVELS ISOBEL & YER DAUGHTER WILL DAE WELL REMEMBER A SAID YE CIN TRUST HER TAE KEEP HER WITTS ABOOT HER IF NAEWAN ELSE PETAL CHEERS AM HUVING A HOAT CHOCCY ANYWANNA YOU LOT WANTING ICE TEA OR HOAT CHOCCY? laugh.gif :Doh here noo did a furget tae tell yees that ma wee china pennyDainty eats awe the sweetie grubbs shoulda telt yees eh she is a fantom sweetmeet eater hahaha spose thats better than a purple people eater eh ocht she is hermless realy & bakes amaing grubb & the bestest tablet in the world thus forr GGGems so weel need tae pit a bell oan the sweet stuff tae look oot furr penny stealing the goodies eh shes the sweetbuglur steada catburglar haha
betty2
Ach theres nae herm when a freen gets tongue.gif go on spoil yirsels you tae lindamac. Only leave me some fur when ah get back fae the dental hospital, wan thing they;ll no spoil ma teeth , wub.gif An ah done ma ferr share o that afore settlin doon. Memories like the corner of my mind, ooops should be ower at melodys if its singin amwantin

still here in glesca
penny dainty
They call me the chocolate thief at home, no jokin leave a sweetie and it's no safe if i'm around.
betty2
Have to love you,se and leave you ladies a lot to do , and have to go do a bit of shopping before hospital appointment . So I,m going to make a day of it in the city. This is my kind of thing shops ah luv them

still here in glesca
Java
Have a good day....an dont forget markies for the biskits...biggrin.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif please get a box o markies finest selection biscuits and a will send you the money cheers pal
Java
Don't believe her Betty...ah'm still waitin for the money fur they armbands ah goat her...save her life an whit dae ah get...abuse..nuthin but abuse...laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif betty thats no true the armbands had a slow puncture shes mean that wan honest
Java
It's no a slow puncture...its a design feature...if ye pey the money ye get the plug...if ye dont, ye go doon the plug...laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif god you make me laugh java
Java
Ah'm jist gonna go right ahead an assume ye mean that in a good wey Anne....even if ye don't s'like waater oaf a duck's back....laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif goodmornin angel,,,,,,,nice tae see yi back - missed oor wee chats
Angela Chick
Afternoon campers biggrin.gif just thought i would pop in and make a wee cuppa, hope java has not hauf inched the biscuits again, we should aw have our own wee cupboards with our own wee stash and we can come in and out when we feel like it biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.