Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Ye don't need a band when ah'm here. laugh.gif Mags can dae the purvy. laugh.gif

By the time we pay for the outfits and the limos they'll be nae money left fur fancies.
lindamac
laugh.gif I think we should awe be bridesmaids wearing awe soarts of colours of them luvverly Bar maids / whorey type western pub wimmen from the cowboy films ye know the type am meaning aye the wans with the lace up the front soarta boots oan nawnaw not the bar wenches but the wimmen that hung oot at the craps tables listening tae the mens crapps as they gambled like they did in Maverick film either James Garner or Mel Gibson guys Melody surely tae goodness you or Java or Catherine wull know witt am talking aboot????????? a wanna be bright yella with Black lacey frills either that or a set of cancan kitty kitty cancan girls. :lol:we cin awe be bridesmaids cint we Jimmyd widd love that we cin hae wee flasks of booze tucked intae wurr garters fur wen Jimmyd gets nervous saroonded way awe us gorgeous wimmen eheh witt dye hink lassies?......YIPPEE KAYE EHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Melody
Did you say James Garner Linda? Ah'm there at that bar already. laugh.gif
betty2
Haud Mel Gibson there fur me . Linda ma outfit ,s gonny be that tight dont know if ah cin fit a wee booze flask onywherr rolleyes.gif ma basque is really really tight

still here in glesca
Isobel
Good morning girls, its only 6:30 and am up. Thinking about what am goin to wear to the wedding kept me up. A know you lot will be in yer best gear.A think a should hit the stores today and see whit a cin cum up way. Betty dont worry ill buy a bag big enough to hold a the wee flasks.
Java
Ah've jist tried oan a pink daisy basque an it looks luffly...whit'll ah put oan the ither leg?
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Isobel
tongue.gif biggrin.gif You guys are nuts. Must go get into the shower, mibe talk after church, Have a great day.
glasgow lass
me as well isobel its 6.45 the noo ,,,,,,,,ive been up aw night cutting and measuring bit its no jist quit short enough ive git aboot 6in left tae work whi,,,, its no too short noo is it, awch i'll jist keep cuttin tongue.gif
betty2
Wwell thats me home had a lovely day , met up with magas, melody, annei and bridie wee magas sister in law and a lovely person most say girls thank you for a very pleasant day. We had lunch at Lauders bar in sauchiehall st and a real good blether. Mags is lookin great tongue.gif she,s back tae london the morra then home tae the states on thursday. Safe journey dear pal

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Awww thats grand oor betty glad you had a good time, wish i could have made it the day but maybe another time biggrin.gif
stratson
Happy to hear you had a lovely meet with mags betty2. biggrin.gif I too wish mags a pleasant and safe journey home. Must have been great for Anne1 seeing her cousin again, small world, isn't it!(betty2, a feel a song comin' on, better get Melody rolleyes.gif
Melody
We had a lovely afternoon Angela, it was great to see Mags and Betty also Anne and Bridie. I wished that you had been there Angela, next time though. Betty never telt ye that I clicked twice did she? laugh.gif
Melody
Hi ya Stratson,

For Mags. ah miss her already.

I love those dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live in my home town.
Because those dear hearts and gentle people
Will never ever let you down.

They read the good Book from Fri' till Monday,
That's how the weekend goes.
I've got a dream house I'll build there one day,
With picket fence and ramblin' rose.

I feel so welcome each time that I return
That my happy heart keeps laughin' like a clown.
I love the dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live and love in my home town.

There's a place I'd like to go and it's Batten, Idaho,
Where your friendly neighbors smile and say "Hello."
It's a pleasure and a treat to meander down the street,
That's why I want the whole wide world to know.

I love those dear hearts and gentle people,
Who live in my home town.
Because those dear hearts and gentle people
Will never ever let you down.
betty2
Aye angela melody went oot for a wee draw and two guys spoke tae her , think ah,ll need tae start smokin again got ma buses nae bother melody thanks to you all for a nice day biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Angela, one said ' Are ye awright wee yin" and the other said " Aye ye meet nice people oot here", made ma day. laugh.gif Thanks to all for a lovely afternoon.
betty2
gOING TO RELAX NOW AND WATCH TELLY , unsure.gif
Angela Chick
Oooo melody am no surprised you were chatted up cos your a gem biggrin.gif aye betty going oot for a wee cig they even have given it a name now its called SMIRTING( smoking and flirting its all the rage laugh.gif
Melody
Is it Angela? Naebody telt me and they let me go oot there masel as well. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Honest Melody its called Smirting it was in the paper i could not stop laughing when i read it laugh.gif aye imagine betty no telling you wait to a see her laugh.gif
Melody
Ah could be away getting sold in the white slave trade by noo. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
laugh.gif Jeez the boards are no half slow the night taking me forever to get into a topic or post. rolleyes.gif
Melody
Same here Angela. sad.gif
Angela Chick
Its not so slow now speed is getting better by the minute rolleyes.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif evening everyone thanks for a lovely afternoon it was nice meeting with you today melody and betty 2 plus wee mags I had to put out an all points bulletin for mags i had trudged fae wan tearoom tae another then coffee shops nae bliddy mags so went to information desk and said can you help me ave lost somebody he says what age and a said shes over 21 oh we only do it for kids who are lost told them she was from America so he puts call out for her and round shes saunters and says you looking fur me, I ask you, then after tea wee went to lauders pub for lunch and very nice too, got home at 5pm to find neville had made roast dinner so had tae eat that as well.
So thats ma day folks and very enjoyable too thanks
Avril
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 24th Jun 2007, 04:17 AM) *
did ah hear weddin,,,,,, can i come as well awch ah dont need a new ootfit ive still got my mary quant gear its good as new and ive got loads of white makeup its ah wee bit gooy but i'll add ah wee bit'o fizzy wahtir and gee it ah good sturr,,,,jist a wee hem oan mah minnie dress tae jazz it up and ive got nice stilettos , i'll wear my fur but if its too warm i'' jist wear that fur thingy with the heed oan it and the hard nose , and ahm good tae go mah present tae the happy couple will be a wee latino dance thats whit ah gee everybiddy.

glasgow lass, that's a brilliant idea hen!!! Ah've still goet ma Mary Quant stuff tae! Somewhere in the attic is ma black & white opart dress, big plastic dangly plastic earrings and white boots. Ah'm invitin' masel tae 'the wedding o' the year' an' ah'm gonnie wear ma 60's gear! laugh.gif

Betty ah hud tae buy some mare rid biddy 'cause that Angela drank it a', she's sittin' oot' in the stairheid lavvy singin' her heid aff.......an' ah feel a song' comin' oan tae......THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN'....... Awe ma heid's birlin'......'Angela get oot o' there noo, ah need tae talk tae god oan the great white telephone......OH GOD!!!! wub.gif
Avril
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 24th Jun 2007, 09:50 PM) *
evening everyone thanks for a lovely afternoon it was nice meeting with you today melody and betty 2 plus wee mags I had to put out an all points bulletin for mags i had trudged fae wan tearoom tae another then coffee shops nae bliddy mags so went to information desk and said can you help me ave lost somebody he says what age and a said shes over 21 oh we only do it for kids who are lost told them she was from America so he puts call out for her and round shes saunters and says you looking fur me, I ask you, then after tea wee went to lauders pub for lunch and very nice too, got home at 5pm to find neville had made roast dinner so had tae eat that as well.
So thats ma day folks and very enjoyable too thanks

Sounds like you a' hud a great time..wish a' could huv been there! sad.gif

I'm staying at my daughters' at the moment. I have been here since Saturday 16th June. She gave birth to a another gorgeous wee girl Leah Yasmin, weighing 7lb 11oz, on Tuesday 19th June. Granny has been very busy looking after big sister while mummy was in hospital. My daughter's back home now and I feel like the 'Irish Washer Wummin'....up to my neck in tiny sleep-suits & vests biggrin.gif My son-in-law goes back to work in 10 days time...as yet, I'm not sure how long I will be staying here for. I have my laptop with me though I don't get much time to use it but I'll log in when I get a minute.
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif congratulations georgia on the birth of Leah Yasmin what a lovely name bet your enjoying being up to eyeballs in sleepsuits I would love it, expect your other girl will feel it a wee bit now, I had an enjoyable day with the girls
Isobel
Congratulations Georgia ,yes that is a lovely name. Glag you girls all had a good lunch. Cant believe Mags is on her way home . She was looking forward to this trip for so long and how fast it all goes.
glasgow lass
gorgia diz that mean we'll both be in fish nets then acin alwiz pull mine ahff furr a wee while. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lennox
glad everyone enjoyed the afternoon with Wee Mags, now be honest, how many of you had a wee greet when you had to part ways???

come on now I know someone did , right Anne sad.gif
safe trips back Mags
betty2
congratulations georgia on the birth of youre new grandaughter, and it is a beautiful name , bet youre really enjoying yirsel there lookin after them all tongue.gif the joys o bein a granny

still here in glesca
betty2
Melody nice biscuits yi brought me yesterday went doon well wae ma wee cuppa last night, will leave them oot in case wan o yis drop in fur a blether. This is the start o a busy week fur me redecoratin Lees room , and refurnishing all being done from scratch, its a treat for him passing his exams tongue.gif So whats no nailed tae the flerr is goin oot tae the rubbish dump

still here in glesca
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif lennox a wis greeting before a met her as a couldnae find her kept ma tears till later
betty2
sad.gif oh so sad fur yi anne, goin off now got a lot to do s[peak tae y/all later if ah,ve goat the strength and energy tae climb oan tae this chair tongue.gif

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Just catching up here ,was away for the weekend so missed aw the goss .How lucky are you lot , all getting together. Hope you guys gave big hugs all round fae me .Hey wee adopted sister ! you be careful wi that Smirting thingy !! A don't want tae be comin tae some Casbah tae save ye !! laugh.gif wub.gif
Gemini
well thats me off tomorrow to Georgia, hud tae go buy another suitcase as wan wis too big and the other wan wis too wee, of course aw mah cases ur doon in Georgia as each time g/kids came up here they hud tae borrow wan gawn back, I will be away fur a couple o' weeks, quite looking forward tae it, its been a year since since ah last saw mah daughter. Weather wis smashing while g/daughter wis here, but ah hear its stinking HOT DOON in GA. but thats aw right, we'll be hitting the beach doon therr, then ah'll head tae Tennesee tae see college that g/daughter goes tae, hopefully will get a chance to see the GRAND OLE OPREY in Nashville, so ah'll say cheribye the noo, hey wee Mags ah'll catch up wi yi when ah get back, safe trip home hen. wink.gif
betty2
Aw jimmy hugs an xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,s galore went roon fae yi Whit dae yi think o melody only wan tae get a pull rolleyes.gif We hud a great day jimmy jist wish yi could huv been eae us ohmy.gif

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Y'all behave yosel down in them Jawjah savannahs , you here me gal, an as you are sippin yore Mint Julep unerneath that old Magnolia tree ,an dreamin o ole Rhett Butler ,y'all remember you is juss a lil ole Glesga gal at heart .Enjoy your holiday Gemini ! rolleyes.gif wub.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif jimmyd did you get pm from me about mags
Melody
Me too, thanks Anne it was a lovely afternoon. I was so happy to have seen Mags. smile.gif We have been friends for such a long time.
Angela Chick
Hi melody how you doing pal? biggrin.gif
Melody
Fine thanks Angela, hope things are good with you and yours. Where's Betty tonight? Ye miss her now when she's not in. Great to have her back on board.
Angela Chick
We are all doing fine melody just trudging along in life like you do biggrin.gif oh you know betty she will come in when we least expect it laugh.gif
Melody
We had such a good laugh talking about old times yesterday and some of the brilliant topics of the past. I'd forgotten a lot of them until she mentioned them. Remember the times we had such fun with Kaz and a topic one time where we talked about what we thought each other looked like. What a laugh it was. smile.gif
Angela Chick
Aye melody you can always rely on betty for a good laugh she is one of lifes treasures biggrin.gif a wish this weather would take a turn for the better what ever happened to the old saying Flaming June biggrin.gif
Melody
I know please God we get some summer weather Angela. Ach well ah suppose Glasgow wouldn't be Glasgow if we could rely on good weather. Never mind it's the wild weather that makes Scotland so beautiful. laugh.gif Just like wursels. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Exactly melody laugh.gif a think the good weather in march and april was our summer. All part and parcel of being a weegie. biggrin.gif
Melody
Good job we're good natured. laugh.gif laugh.gif Sometimes.
Angela Chick
Aye we sure are unless someone yanks our chain then its all guns blazing laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.