Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Awoman after my own heart glaagowlass, yi canny beat a good blether, tongue.gif There are times [most times' when I look iin and dont find anything interesting. That was wee mags phoning there to tell me she went to loch lomond today and then visited the street where she was brought up , and had hersel a good greet. Even as she was talking she was crying. This is also a very sentimental journey for her. She is staying in sauchiehall st rolleyes.gif so she,s central for all transport and shops and for whatever else takes her fancy

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty if yi speak tae wee mags tell her i said to go ahead and have a good greet and tell her i was crying as well as am very homesick mahsel sad.gif i hope she's ok and im sure that she will be with that big son at her side for a wee bit of steady, take care betty - Lass smile.gif
Angela Chick
Betty im glad wee mags is having a good time, am sitting here ma eyes are shutting biggrin.gif

Hi Glasgow lass biggrin.gif right im of to bed goodnight all.
glasgow lass
hi Angela Chick, good nite hen sleep good and have a nice day the morra. smile.gif
betty2
Goodnight Angela hi gl it was quite touching listening tae her ,but she is loving her stay so far I,ll be seeing her over the weekend so I,ll pass on youre message,Where is it you live now gl dont think I know . Getting late here so I,ll bid you a very goodnight also and we will blether soon rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
penny dainty
I'd love to come in and have a wee blether , but I get ignored as well so I dont say too much sad.gif
glasgow lass
has anyone seen that angel aboot, boy oh boy she's really went urr dinger this week - - - ucccccch is long is she's enjoying hersel thats the main thing ah suppose eh. laugh.gif
jakka13
Betty ,I can feel your excitment right through the wires .Please wish Mags a great holiday from me and you to enjoy yer blether .
glasgow lass
aw penny mellow.gif
Melody
I hate to hear people say that they feel ignored I'm absolutely sure that it happens to us all at times.
It's just that sometimes people are logged in but not actually on board. It happens to me all the time and ah think, " They so and so's are no talkin' tae me." Ah mean who could blame then really. laugh.gif laugh.gif It's unintentional pals. ( Is that how ye spell unintentional?) looks funny.
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif Morning must say I feel like Penny you can come on and and people ignore you so then you think whats the point no ones interested sometimes feels like Old school Tie club, and people say that topics dont get carried along enough thats because people are being ignored. No o.ffence
Java
Did sumbody jist say somethin?...thoat ah heard a wee squeek.....laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif wee squeek wis ma joints
Java
Oil see if ah can find sumthin tae help that...laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif WD40 wid dae java a hivnae any left used the last on ma brain
Anne1
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif just had phone call from mags she is going to dental hospital as she has large abccess in her mouth will be calling me back, just keeping you updated folks
Angela Chick
Awww Anne poor mags thats rotten luck, poor soul will be in pain hope she gets sorted soon. rolleyes.gif
betty2
Dont think its a point of being ignored ,I answer to people in general and dont use names thats not because I,m ignoring them but I dont have the time to answer each individually, iI lead quite a busy life I have friends [off board] with whom I meet for lunch, bingo or shopping trips. My world is,nt all about on here.So hence the reason I mostly use the chat . This is because I like a good blether. So HELLO to all who are on board being friday I,m off to have my hair done and meet up with Jessie ;my friend who is also my cousin', for a spot of shopping and rounding off with lunch

So long farewell I bid you all adieu
TaTa to you and you and you
hoping that covers all and naebody is feelin left oot rolleyes.gif
will pass on to mags the wishes of you all poor soul she,s got a swelling in her gum, mentioned the dental hospital to her hope she,s went this can be a very painful thing

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Morning betty have yerself a good wee day with jessie biggrin.gif and mind no tripping the light fantastic especially during the day laugh.gif
betty2
Ma day oot hus jist been hut oan the feid ,Lee has jist phoned tae sat he,s goat me a plasterer )been lookin fur wan fur ages] and he,s coming this afternoon.

O why does it always rain on me? laugh.gif

suppose if ah want the work done ah cin sacrifice wan day in

oh woe is mw what goes with me
Ah hate this life thats chose fur me
Tired o leading misery I should have never roamed
And stuck with home cookin home cookin
Quiet life is certainly not the life for me

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
ach betty he might be a good lookin wan eh laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif well at least that will be it done and no needed doing for a long time
Gemini
well Tuesday I take off for Georgia for a couple of weeks and hopefully will meet up with Bunty as she lives not too far from my daughter, then heading up to Hilton Head for a few days, would like to meet up with Marion when I get there but not sure just how far from her that is need to check in with her aboot that, weather here is just awesome the noo a few really bad t/storms but at least their coming at night so thats fine wi me, tomorrow Sat I am taking g/daughter on a tour of the Doris Dukes Mansion, I have done this before fabulous house, in case anyone doesnt know Doris Dukes ranks up there with Gloria Vanderbilt both were poor little rich girls anyhow her dad was the one that made cigarettes famous here in the states and abroad., so I will be closed down for a couple of weeks, poor Mags she's been waiting so long for this trip and to have this happen, I know how painful that is as I once I had an abscessed tooth, thought the pain wis gonnae kill me. sad.gif
stuarty
anne 1 i hope wee mags gum abscess goes soon as the dentist sorts it out relief just hope its no long a would rather have a baby than toothache oh am fair vext for her a hope that she has a good time when you see her anne and everybody else that she will meet up with enjoy the quality time with her and make her trip a fantastic memory as nobody can take memories away the pictures in your wee camera of the mind wonderful wub.gif have a nice time gemini in georgia and give marion a hug for being one fiesty lady
glasgow lass
my computer is making all sorts of noise at the moment , jist asked mr latino why its doing this - - - his reply was,,,,,,,,,,,, is it a male or female if its a female then i'll do that,,,,,,,,,,, make a lot of noise laugh.gif
betty2
Plasterer was godd lookin a bit way too young and very hungry , poor wee thing made him something to eat but the job,s gettin done glasgowlass, then next week the painter comes in but Lee is off to housesit at my daughter,s next week [ they,re off tae las vegas for the celtic convention, so I can get on with all the work in hand .without interuptions. , The place is like t hells kitchen but as the saying goes "it,ll be worth it when its all finished" ohmy.gif Too auld fur aw this upheaval . Noo ah suppose ah better start dinner another hungry workman due in shortly, tellin me what a hard day he,s hud. Passed his exams last week noo a fully registered plumber and heating engineer noo. Another year o his trade to do yet then ah guess he,ll fly the nest , thats what happens when they start earnin the big money, but I dont regrethelpin him through it .If he does well then I,m happy for him. better see tae dinner

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty youre a gid mother thats wit its all about at that age to help them get on their feet and give them a good start in their adult life,,,,,,,,, then when its all done you can relax a bit if they let yi, but they might say maw theres this wee hoose can yi help me oot with a few bucks. laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
glasgow lass am no his birth mother am his granny tho I have brought him up since he was a baby , and he calls me MA, he,s my daughters son , but he has always had a special place in my heart wub.gif

still here in glesca
Avril
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 22nd Jun 2007, 03:27 AM) *
I'd love to come in and have a wee blether , but I get ignored as well so I dont say too much sad.gif

Me too Penny, like Betty says, we used to have great fun on these boards and everyone blethered to each other but I'm finding that my posts are getting ignored too so I'm losing interest in GGBB....what's happened????
Melody
We don't know Georgia, not enough people chatting on the board for some reason. It's strange.
stuarty
a feel there is enough people in gg to chat and have a laugh because most of the time im restricted in when and where i can go as the weather affects me i do spend a lot of time on gg but the fun is there if you want it betty 2 when you where away we came in had a great time keeping the place tidy and even davy cleaned up way a pinny on aye but he got married and a suppose has better things to do sometimes a feel that if i was to explain my whole illness maybe a better understanding would be met as i need 2 major ops forby my lungtransplant and my bob can vouch for that as he seen the letters from the colorectaral and the guyny surgeions and thats since 2001 so the pain from they illnessess alone are crippiling and a would be out here there and everywhere but whats the point cuase now a will be tainted a wihinger for moaning aboot beig poorly so a cant win catch 22 but a loved betty.s room and manky frankies weans and the polishin the coal and gettine the strawberry tarts that was good fun and how do we make betty
s room happier by smiling when typing it comes through in the way things are said a canny spell a was rubbish a litriture and comossitions a canny cross my t's and dot the i's or full stops but a talk how a say it as it comes out and if thats what upsets people am sorry i was great sports woman and that was my forte but academicly rubbish but hey am sure most of you understand what a was talking aboot but please dont condem me for being me after all there is only one sturty and am a spechial person and a have a lot of friends as when my 50th party a will show the photos and a want to have a ball and a wont be able to dance and a loved dancing so a will enjoy everyone else dancing so thats me anything that comes of this lets not leave this site tonight heavy hearted lets leave with a smile in our typing
stratson
Well spoken stuarty, speak from your heart, so just you enjoy yourself on the G.G. hen. I find your posts refreshing most times. Wish you were not so sensitive, you take so much personally.
Life's too short for trouble and strife,
Hearts are too precious to break.
Keep Smiling.
Isobel
Most of us have had times when we have felt like we are being ignored.Its not so , rolleyes.gif most of the regulars on here post almost everyday so we feel like we know each other.However we are always interested in reading what everyone has to contribute.Its really nice to have others post. When you see the number of folks who visit the GG I have to wonder why we don't hear from more of you .
betty2
That was a lengthy post stuarty, explaining about youre illness , which I have no doubt of, but bear in mind you are not alone ,there are all different reasons of illnesses and that wasnt the point that was being made. You say in youre post that fun is there if you look for it, and If I,m reading right you imply that was so when I was away. Well I also have problems but I,m not airing them on here, in another post you stated that I was an angry person, so now I,m not a fun person? well seems for some reason you dont like me , but I,m not bothered with that after all I am not an angry nor a funless person, The only reason I.m posting like this is because you directed youre post to me But there are others who also feel the same way as I do so are they also angry and without humour, I dont think so. What we are saying is that the gg seems to have lost the friendly atmosphere it once had. Now before you go blowing off more steam
, which I think you,ll agree you are inclined to do I agree with stratsun that you do take things far too personally, and I,m not retracting from any posts I have made on this subject.
New members bring changes thats fine by me , after all I like the rest of you am just a board member a fact which there are those on here who think they are GG. sO i,ll be continuing to post and to them that dont like it "tough" Ignore me I wont beef about that . Now I ,ve a busy day the morra "bingo"so I.m off to grab some shuteye cause its eyes down look in thats the only way you can win. and I,ve a holiday to pay for , off to the algarve late august so need the euros rolleyes.gif This is straight talking and by no means am I being offensive , but its when sore points come up thats what chases other gg members off and that
still here and will stay here in glesca
betty2
better finish aff the previous post

[and that] we dont want ,hopefully members will return

noo it seems ah,ve passed the point of no return as far as sleep goes, thats what happens when i take an afternoon nap, but I will make the bingo Oh ah jist luv saturdays just up in the mornin shower dress and slap oan the moisturiser and set off walk roon the shops , wee bit lunch then bingo, then go to my daughters for dinner. Its a day free from cooking and washing dishes tongue.gif

still here in glesca
penny dainty
I enjoy coming on to the boards and reading the stories and comments that the people make, some of you are very quick witted and funny with your replies and have me laughing out loud at times , others can bring tears to my eyes with the sadness and ill health they endure but still most of you manage to look life in eye with an optomistic view.
It's lovely to come in and read stories about peoples lives and families, share the joy and the sadness, offer a wee bit encouragement , a hug, advice even a cuppy tea at times or a dram at the pub.Even when there are harsh words and wee disagreements , they can all be fixed.
Glasgow is the one thing we all have in common which has brought us here and from there friendships have been made accross the world and back and that itself is a wonderful thing.So I for one will finish with a smile. biggrin.gif
betty2
Well said pennydainty and from me to you biggrin.gif I agree wholeheartidly with you on this one life is too short so make a smile be yiyre umbrella and it,ll keep the rain away biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Am off noo java thinks am gonny win oan number 26 hope its a big win rolleyes.gif
Melody
So dae ah Betty laugh.gif Have a great day.
stuarty
naw betty it was what you said in the post number insinuating that you have a life im really pleased you have a life but some of us are not well enough to do the things you do and i dont envy you one bit but a do take things sensitivly because im a [sensitive compassonate person and i wasnt saying my illnesses to get the sympathy vote am never looking for sympathy as that is somthing i hate if it is about my illness a was stating that i cant get out asmuch as some people that are fitter than me and can enjoy a trip roond the toon go to the bingo these are all things a used to do a was saying that we did have fun in betty's room but it fell apart as other things came along that was more fun so a dont know i know you say you are a straight talker but straight talking and being hurtful is not the same and when i did my big brother thing you put the kybosh on that with the sarcastic comment what you like and what i like are different but best betty i stay out of yore hair and you out of mine clash of pesonallities are not good but hurtful with straight talkin never in my life i hope imnever as sharp as that god bless you betty and bettys2 room but a will leave it alone a will read the stories but keep my mooth shut unless it involves me then i shall say somthing so happy posting in bettys room may all your postings n
be happy and may you have all you wish for ten fold and more take care i will be posting where a feel im wanted and i hope you do i will no longer let you have my permission to live in my head rent free like it was before because my buttons are pushed to breaking point so they cant be pushed no more
Catherine
If ah kin give some advice to ALL members, it's NEVER tae say yer no gaunni post in a certain joint again....cos as soon as ye say that dis it no turn oot that every post ye read efter ye say it yer dyin tae reply tae somethin laugh.gif

Mind poor Kas gied it the auld ' ...and that's the last ahm sayin' aw indignant so he wis an quite 'pit that in yer pipe an smoke it'........an we werr aw in hysterics cos we knew he wis JIST DYIN tae say mare.....an couldnae cos he'd pit hisel innit.
He wis back within two replies......a tough nut tae crack wis Kas laugh.gif

Ahm spray paintin ma deck furniture the noo guys, ahm daen the 'zen'.......moan chill wae me china's......moan.....ah'll wait here.....ah'll pit the sounds oan while ahm waitin fur ye's xxxxx
Java
See if ah sit here, could ye jist gie me a wee second coat, this wans went aw dried an flaky....laugh.gif
Catherine
See Java .........It wisnae Kas that made the comment..it wis KaZ.......perfect example of whit ahm talkin aboot cos if ahd said ah wisnae postin again ah widnae huv been able tae come back an correct that laugh.gif

Lift yer erm a bit pet, ah'll correct that run ye'v goat wae anither wan....wherrs ma wee spray....ats it...scooshscoosh laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Thats why i dont come on much now, novelty has wore off for me like all things do eventually used to get a good laugh but sometimes its all doom and gloom and silly childish rows about nothing of importance, but hey who cares theres a big wide world out there, some folk are very sensitive by nature and some are dont give a monkeys(best way to be) biggrin.gif you die if you worry you die if you dont(great wee saying) biggrin.gif
Catherine
Here meant tae say it's black spray paint ahm yasin......ye awright wae that? laugh.gif
Catherine
Here Angela if ah spray painted us aw the same colour we'd blend intae ma cherrs laugh.gif

Wherrd Java go? Oh therr ye ur......good blend hen laugh.gif
Java
See black...see when ye pit it oantae green.....it goes kinna purple....fetchin intit....laugh.gif
Lennox
cin I get a clear coat for the wellies ???
Catherine
Dae we no the wellies Lennox? laugh.gif
Naw hen......ahv a better idea.....you bring the wellies, pit them tae each side, then bend ower......an kidoan yer a table laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Aye catherine but the thing is known this place somebody would start moaning a dont want to be painted black a want another colour laugh.gif just canny please some folk on here but black is fine by me biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.