Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Tomorrow am up wae the birds an hittin the shops ,then ah;ll huv anither go at the afternoon session of bingo you never know lightning cin strike twice . Gotta think positive anne , Angela looked in on lauren,s place of work they told me she was on holiday

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Aye betty she is on holiday just now, away up the jigging the night oh to be 18 again(bliss) biggrin.gif
betty2
Am away tae watch telly love that crime and investigation programme see you all at another time rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Nite betty enjoy yer spending spree the morro biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh well ave had my tea am away to polish the coals and the toilet best to put the dirty jobs oot the road as nobody likes cleaning the cludgie eh lassies oh a cooked up some dinner for all ok enjoy wub.gif
betty2
Back again , just lookin in tae see all is well wae the world. Telly wisnae aw that good, but an early start the morra so bright eyed and bushy tailed I,ll be biggrin.gif Oh ah luv spendin money

still here in glesca
Catherine
Betty spend some oan me laugh.gif
Cripes ahm here, near hauf eight at night, anna STILL cannae get rid of the weans oan the street....Jake's gaunni try a sleepover wae Bridgi, Max is huvin wan here wae Becca....ma heids like a peery wae them aw.
They've been doon here playin hoose, ma basements went tae hell again.....ah came doon ready tae plow them an then ye look at the wee faces aw happy......doomed again laugh.gif
betty2
Life can be a bitch ehh rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Cripes sure can betty.....moan we'll blame it oan the men again laugh.gif

Jist gettin ready tae sort this lot oot, big stormy weather earlier there an it's about to happen again ah think, humids no the word for it.
Pickin mum up the morra, she's been up at auntie Nessie's aw week......huvnae heard a peep fae her.....talk aboot oota sound oota mind laugh.gif
Wherr you gaun the morra spendin?
betty2
Wherr else catherine up sauchie doon buchie then alang argyle rolleyes.gif jist cruisin its whit ah dae best biggrin.gif

tell mum ah wis askin for her

still here in glesca
Catherine
Will do betty.......that's them doon... take one laugh.gif

Jist went ower an settled Jake, ahm givin it an hoor an then he'll be hame.....same auld same auld.....how kin ye huv two weans, bring them up the same, yet wans the opposite fae the ither laugh.gif
betty2
C/mon catherine it widny be fun huvin them too much alike, variety is the spice o life rolleyes.gif my mother had 8 o us and none of us have anything in common oh aye we hud the same faither sad.gif

still here in glesca
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif come on betty i thought youd be up and away to spend your money, meant to tell you last wednesday after noon at bingo called on national on 43 calls[had waited 10 numbers] won on 41 then everday including last night been called on 43 44 47 45 last 43 a could have cried never mind the story of ma life will try today
Melody
Ah'm up Anne, it's a glorious mornin' sure it is? ' Here comes the sun' smile.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif hi melody we sure need to catch the sun
betty2
mornin all thats me all set to go
where to I do not know
a look round the shops
I think would be nice
never can tell what Ill pick up
at a reasonable price
then finish my day
with a game of bingo
and if my numbers come up
then tomorrow it will once again be ditto

anne if you;re indulging in a game of bingo today I wish you luck rolleyes.gif

melody have a nice day you deserve it after working all week

still here in glesca
stuarty
bingo betty is her name away to win her fortune and fame 400quid was a start lets see if she can win more than that hers a lucky leprecharn just for you put him in your dibby dob pen and start getting lucky all over again
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif can a get some o that luck
Java
S'awfy warm the day intit.....
angel
QUOTE (Java @ 9th Jun 2007, 02:50 PM) *
S'awfy warm the day intit.....

Aye
it is,................Angel

a just cut the grass again, did'nae see any rabbits, hope thats a good sign,

cheers
Java
Oh its a good sign fur the rabbits....means the camaflage is workin...laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
its cald doon here am sittin quiet no telly just me and the pooter going slighty mad ha ha better have a cup of tea here lassies and lads no that many of them come in here to frightend a suppose davyab44 was naybother he was always in and oot the rabbit are in noo look
Gallusbisom
Ok, that's it, Betty you are a bad influence, OR I am easily led laugh.gif When I was out this afternoon, I bought not one but TWO 649 tickets and just because the prize is 37million, cost me 4 bucks! So if ye hear girnin an greetin here the morra, ye'll ken ah didnae win an a want ma 4 bucks back! ( Do you think I can keep this gambling fever I have developed under control? ) I just plain got carried away with the fact that a friend won something. So I went over the top and splurged rolleyes.gif BUT I think I can still buy the groceries etc. for the next week, despite my "fling".

Tongue in cheek here y'all as all the auld yins know.

GB
betty2
Thanks for the leprechaun stuarty I also was given a shamrock fridge magnet a friend of my daughter brought me it from Dublin. So to the bingo i happily went
but alas no return for the money I spen
Tho spent a good day with my bingo pals
A great crowd are rhese gals
Maybe another time canny grumble, went round the travel agents to see if there was anything on offer but nothing took my fancy . So I,ll content masel till september then off to Rome.. A few merr bingo days to see if I can increase the money for euros biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
sorry gb but if at first you dont succeed try again it makes life merr interestin to go on the wild side noo an again, ah should know ah,ve lived in the fast lane maist o ma life and enjoyed the ride rolleyes.gif

ma lottery wis s**t anaw

still here in glesca
betty2
going back tae watch telly [crime and investigation] am obsessed wae that programme .

still here in glesca
Gallusbisom
Awe right hen, ( she said steeling herself bravely against the thought of maybe losing 4 bucks) ah'll dae the Bruce thing an if ah don't win the night, ah'l buy anither ticket on Wed (providing some other lucky b--oops person didn't win wink.gif Last o the big spenders that's me laugh.gif But I have to admit that just spending some big winnings (in my mind, of course-or at least what's left of it) gives me great pleasure. Even a million wid dae me!

GB
Gallusbisom
Betty,
Jist a daft question here, some o my mum's cousins used to run bingo halls in Glasgow, name of Coates, before that they were show people, ever hear of them?
GB
Melody
GB would this John Coates mentioned in this post from Fairground Heritage Trust be the same family, we bit of reading there if it is. smile.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:41 pm Post subject: McArdles fair in Inverness 1940's/50's Reply with quote
I remember seeing somewhere in the archive copies of the Inverness Courier an advert for a fair being held on the Bught Park Inverness in the late 1940's or early 1950's. I'm sure McArdles motor cycle speedway and mont-blanc were the main attractions and I think a chairoplane was also noted, (John Coats?). What made this advert really interesting was another advert on the same page for Joe Leonard's fair open at the same time also on the Bught Park.
Does anyone know anything of the back ground to this? There must have been a big collection of amusements between the two fairs.
Gallusbisom
Melody hen, You have just knocked my socks off ( so to speak). My Mum's Uncle Johnny was indeed a Coats or Coates (we have two spellings of the family name) and he was directly related to another well known Glasgow show family. My Great Aunty Bridget fell in love, at a very young age, with G. Uncle Johnny and they were show people and lived in Caravans, G Auntie Bridget died giving birth to her 11th child. He never recovered. BUT I know, from my Mum that their kids drove motor cars (at the time you still wore leather helments) and motorcyles. The most interesting part being that the GIRLS did it too, which was unusaul at that time. ( circa 1930's) Could be a connection here.

GB
peter-f
I got shivers noo.

my sis{lennox} does the family research. and there's a john coates there wi motorbikes.
also a James, who,we think may be more of a mystery than just an uncle. She had a lead wan time that led to Inverness,but she wisny sure.so I dont know if she followed it up. it wid be funny if we were aw related. Mind you if you met me you might no think it wis funny then. heheheh

sorry for jist jumpin in here I am being nosey and looking at everything.
stuarty
a was in the wraf with linda coates her family owned the thread mills many years ago she was a big lanky yorksire lass with a great sense a houmor and kept is laughing as she was so slow answering her name rank and number we would try to stop laughing and one day we all said it out loud the corparal laughed as he could see the funny side oop sorry betty aff topic but better lick nextime gor to speculate to accumulate gb thats my story and am sticken to it
peter-f
the coates thread folk are related somehow tae my sis.{and brother I am talking about the mills in paisley} I get lost in aw this,and aw this topic stuff.
can we no jist talk.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif
betty2
Talk away peter thats what chit chat is all about no restrictions on here. Its the on topic boards that you,re supposed to keep to the said subject. GByou seem to have found kin folk here good on you , amazing what this board turns up . Once again I call to mind £we,re aw jock tamsons bairns" Sorry gb I cant contribute any info here but you,ve done well with melody and peter fulton. Sunshine forecast for tomorrow wonder whit ah,ll dae wae masel?

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
were is everyone the nite, yir aw oot oan dates right, and im the only wan that got kept in, sniff sniff boo hoo no fair. sad.gif
betty2
I.m here lass havin trouble sleepin these nights so came on here a while ago and you,re the first friendly face to come in

still here in glesca
wee mags
noo heres another yin [I hope] wink.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif hello dolly biggrin.gif

hows the travel plans going

still here in glesca
wee mags
ma bags ur packed well for noo ,I will have to add some thing am sure before I leave ,see ya soon biggrin.gif
betty2
They dammed birds are chirpin like mad ootside ma window an ah,ve no even been in ma bed yet. since the doctor started taking blood fae me I,ve been havin trouble sleepin. They say its my thyroid but dont know if its over or under active,mind you ah huvnae asked . Dont like when they stert messin around. Other than the athritis I,m fine Wish ah could get a good nights sleep tho wub.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Iawait in anticipation for you tongue.gif gonny try and get a sleep so instead of goodnite its good mornin wink.gif

still here in glesca
glasgow lass
betty ive got the same thing going on with the birds oot side my bedroom there must be aboot a million of them in the tree, first wan starts squeekin then the aw start squawkin laugh.gif it makes me crazy, ah jist get up fur a cupa, sorry to hear yir no feelin well betty we can have a wee chat anytime ok betty, you take good care of yirsel and ah hope yi got a wee shut eye the nite betty. Lass smile.gif
glasgow lass
maggs thats great, i hope yi have a safe trip and enjoy yirsel get back safe and sound Lass smile.gif
annie laurie
Hello Betty,

I know what you are going through,
I have Thyroid Problems as well (cannae remember if it is over active or underactive I think Underactive, ohmy.gif

And I have many a sleepless night as well even on the Medication,
So try and don't worry about it the more you worry I think the worse it gets and you cant get to sleep
So I generally just read or go on the P>C> '
Age thingy Betty oor Hormones, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4am
glasgow lass
nite all - thats me ahve had it - going to sleeo noo, sweet dreams to me. wub.gif laugh.gif

darn, sleep.
stratson
Hope Betty ye managed tae get a sleep, there's nothin' worse, a know a can't function withoot it, even a couple o' hours at a time>>>> smile.gif
Anne1
unsure.gif rolleyes.gif its horrible when you cant sleep I get spells of it but not so bad now I can come on GG
angel
hello betty , my mother had an over active thyroid , and that was a long time ago.
anyways she was never able to gain any weight , although she ate well, and also never much energy, She did get help for this condition with some success.........Angel
betty2
It,s gonny be 10 days before I get the results of the blood test, not too worried about it so far they have,nt prescribed any medication . Cripes auld age disnae come itsel smile.gif Dog sittin for my son this week so walking the dog is giving me more exercise, Quite enjoying it , so long as yhe weather keeps dry. Gonny browse through and see whit everybody else are up tae

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.