Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Mary48
Leen, there ye go..ah'm aw misty eyed now!

I have looked for the old WA meet thread but Martin must be keeping the board fairly well trimmed cos it's not here noo...so, here goes:)

Leen had given me directions to her house and, as I wasn't meeting Mary from Melbourne (also a member here) till 1.55pm, I took off early this morning for the 4 hour drive to Perth arriving at Leen's just after 10am. Drove past her road-end but only a few yards so.....easy to get to:)
When I got there she was at her front door....good timing or what?
Into the house, on with the kettle, non-stop talk ..then out with the coffee to sit by the pool and relax. When Anne and Iain arrived we had a quick word with Iain before he took off like a scared rabbit at the thought of being with us 3 women! (still wondeing why?? LOL)
Somehow, it was lunchtime before we knew it and Leen went in and set us up a lovely quiche and salad lunch followed by fresh fruit, with cream and a piece of a beautiful sponge...didnae get the name of it. By that time it was less than half an hour till the plane got in so we took off down to the airport leaving Anne at Leen's waiting for Iain to pick her up.
I'd told Leen before we left that I'd drop her back but that we werenae going to come in on the way back! HUH!!
When we got back Leen's daughter was there. She made us all a cuppa while we went back out and put our feet out...we were good though and didnae stay long, being back on the road just after 3pm.

Anne, it was a pleasure meeting you, sorry for diving off the way we did but we only just made the official time for the plane ..it ended up being a few minutes late

Leen, thank-you so much for your hospitality, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and Andrea and look forward to seeing a lot more of you both in the future:)

Anne..we never did get those photos taken!! LOL
Mary48
ROFL........jist read Catherine's msg..ah forgot aboot the glass of wine we had wae lunch...nice it wis too:)
Marg
Great Mary I had a first hand account from Leen this morning and she was so Pleased , she had a lovely visit and felt so good having meet you .It just surprises me the warmth of so many here on the GG site.
Fearn
Leeninaus: Don't you worry about the Glasgow twang - I never knew much of it and after all my years in Canada had about forgotten all of it - I'm half Sassanach - figure I've got the best of both worlds though.

It's amazing what's come back to me since I logged on here about 10 months ago - I was mortified at the 'crash'. Great bunch of folks here!

Now a question - How many on this Board remember when Christmas (apart from in Church) was not generally celebrated in Scotland and in England, Hogmanay was considered a pagan Scottish ritual?

unsure.gif ooooooh! off topic, I guess...... a wee giggle here!
anne
Leeinus and Mary 48, thanks for Wednesday and all the gabbing we did, it was lovely meeting you both. Lunch was nice and so was the glass of wine we had. Mary I know you 2 just had to run away so I would do the dishes lol, I done them by hand as well !!! Leen I got your phone call at night, thanks for that, Mary hope your party goes well on Saturday, behave yourself, not. Hope we meet again.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
Catherine
Well it sounds as if ye's had a brilliant time you three....that's terrific an so nice tae read ....Cripes is this the year fur the meets or whit eh!......You lot in the States should get the heids the gither noo......Nae paaarrrreshur mind tongue.gif
betty2
There yi go ladies anither triumph ant meet thanks fur sharin it wae us , an leen you watch oot fur the postman rolleyes.gif
Marg
Well, well ,well everyone is having computer problems wonder what's up .I had a wee chat with Rena she passes on hello again and yes her computer is acting up again she hoping to have in back running soon .Could these computers be catching something other than a virus ohmy.gif joking I know better. Rena says hello Betty she was asking after you, she didn't say but I bet she's hoping the kettle's on.
Teeny
wink.gif
maggie2
I will bring the black pudding if I can find it here!
I haven't been in for a visit for a while, my back has not been kind to me! I hope Hubert has been doing the stairs for me!!
I can smell those tattie scones and bacon!!! I like my eggs over easy thanks! Maggie2
betty2
Hi marg tell rena there's mair than a cuppa tea waitin fur her hope she is up and runnin soon gotta helluva lot oan this weekend so might no be in here much then there's the hospital oan monday so am hopin fur some good news there maggie dont worry aboot the sterrs ah've goat it aw worked oot you rest yir back , huv tae go t am in the middle o makin soup (ham weather gettin chilly here rolleyes.gif if ah dont get back oan catherine , enjoy yir break at the cottage
Teeny
wink.gif
orranrol
Hi Anne finally got on the site, just had to try it .
Marg
Betty no problem she will be back on as soon as its fixed , hope all goes well Monday.we will clean the stairs for you and make sure the tea on when you come home.Welcome to orranrol hope you enjoy your stay here. smile.gif
orranrol
Thanks I am sure I will. biggrin.gif
betty2
hi orrinol welcome tae INMASEL this is a great site noo there's a sperr pair o slippers lyin in the coarner see if they fit yi noo fur trhe 1st week yir exempt fae sterr duty rolleyes.gif
orranrol
Thanks would love to try them on

Lorna rolleyes.gif
orranrol
Goodnight

smile.gif
leeninaus
orranrol ( tell me what that name means ) welcome !
I have to make amends here ! I was just so elated on Wednesday about meeting up with MaryR I forgot my manners ! sorry Anne, it was very nice meeting you too !! & when we got back from the airport & found you had hung around my place & washed the lunch dishes to boot ( all by hand, though how the hell you found the Palmolive in my messy cupboards I dread to think ! ) but Thankyou Anne !! it was a pleasure to meet you !! & I hope you will pay me a visit soon along with Ian & the rest of the family!!!!
betty2
Sorry orranrol for the wrong spelling of your name , and thanks leen fur drawin ma attenshun tae it but yi see ah wis that busy lookin fur thae slippers (when wee mags reds up she dis it well) they're sittin by the fire waitin oan yir next visit, leen did yi huv a cuppa when yi cawd in the palmolive is under the sink (jist in case yi feel like daen a wee bit washin up lol cheers rolleyes.gif
Kaz61
Hame made sausages???? Me??

have ah just missed a wee fry-up??
Catherine
KAZ HOW YE DOIN?.....It's SO nice tae see ye, we miss ye biggrin.gif ....Hurry up an get that computer set up in the hoose....How are ye an whit huv ye been doin?

Hoi ahv jist this minute hud a phone call guys....Ahv won 250 dollars worth a shoes at the Shoe company {big shoap}....signed ma name in wan of these draws.....hell ahv never won an argument afore, ah cannae take the smile aff ma face....Sorry Kaz, but ye no me an ma shoes pal....oan ye go an sorry fur interruptin ye....sno like me {tongueootangreatbiggguffaw}
Kaz61
well ah'm doin' just fine and dandy thank yoo very much, and so glad tae here o' yer good luck.

So whit will it be??? 100 dollars fur Geoff and 75 each fur the kids, that should keep them going fur a while rolleyes.gif

Anyway...back tae masel.....ye did ask.

doing just fine, working away ( how else could ah get oan here ) but missing these boards big style.....ah try tae keep up in the mornings but yer awe to fast fur me.

Just getting ower the worst food poisoning ah've ever had, real scary (honest) wis nearly passing oot at times wi the pain.....and only had one day off ma work.....how's that fur cummitment (or stupidity??)

Nice tae everyone posting away....and meeting up...ah think thats magic so ah dae.

The End
Archie Millar
A dont know if am on the right --but sombody wis talkin' aboot bloomers -am afraid this is the only wans a've got
Marg
kaz great to see you ,Archie those are the bloomers we were talking about glad you found a picture . tongue.gif
wee mags
even if your no in the right post Archie its the nicest bloomers ah hiv seen in a while.hope all is awright wae you and the missus wink.gif
leeninaus
Archie, ye wee devil! I thought I was going to see my old Head Mistress's knickers there ! Miss Butterfield("God rest her soul")
betty2
Guess whit anither wee meet in glesca rolleyes.gif George is comin wae her its a flyin visit tae see her mammy surprise surprise lookin forward tae this . And hello KAZ anither nice surprise hearin fae you howzitt gawn? will catch up later this is swally night huv tae fly. Och aint life great oan here busy busy busy
betty2
WHOOPS messed up there paper boy came tae the door an ah loast hauf ma post its ladykate who pm'd me fur a date rolleyes.gif
wee mags
as Catherine of canada wid say yoo hoo kaz nice tae see yae postin wink.gif hope tae see you in the chat room again miss oor wee blethers
Kaz61
hiya Marg and Betty, I too huv tae fly but ah will catch up sumday...sure ah will....have a nice weekend all.
Melody
We all miss you Kaz, great to see you on again, is that that Betty away out again? She's a lassie and a half!
Marg
nice seeing you Melody as well as Kaz I miss chatting with the two of you , is there no way of you getting in this chat ?? sad.gif
Teeny
wink.gif
maggie2
Teeny wins the orranrol prize !!( she is so smart to have figured that out by herself too! )she gets to do the dishes!!
us ungrateful lot has skeedaddled oot of there mighty fast!! once the grub was done!! it was deelishus too!!
Catherine
Maggie.....is it yersel oan Shamus's board? Cripes ah didnae make the connection if it is....sorry pet.....or mibbe no.....whits the right answer laugh.gif
jimmyd
Tell you whit I was back to reading books this last week,and not one was on par with this site.Great to see you all yakkin away here,sorry I missed out on that Perth meet.Another time maybe.Noo am a wee bit concerned, that there is too much tea being drunk aroon here.Very bad for your liver that stuff,rots yer wallies it does.Am aff for the swally,an wull pick up some wulks oan the way.So oot wi the best crystal Betty,ah like the glasses wi the wee Golliwog on them best.
Sing song comin up. biggrin.gif oops welcome oolaroo,oops ah hiv got rocks in ma heid { ah wee Aussie in joke folks } I know you will love it here "orranol".any china of Annes is awright wi me.
anne
Hey Lorna, you made it toooo easy for this lot, now teeny thinks she is the bees knees !!!! Glad you made it on the board, don't take any , you no what. Jimmy is my mate from way back. Leenius and Mary 48 were a joy to meet. biggrin.gif

Anne Perth Aussieland
maggie2
Morning all!! I am off to the flea market here a bit like the barras without the patter! I am trying to get some excersise, since this back surgery I am wishing iIdidn't have!! anyway nobodies in here making breakfast?? I guess on the week ends we fend for ourselves! hope our Teeny is not huffin! 'cause she got stuck with yon dishes!! It's ma back honest Teeny! do I need a Drs note?
Catherine, hello! yup! it's me from Shamus' board! thought you knew that? I seem to have lost the smilies in here? I have clicked on the enable smilies....?? where did they go?
Hello to everyone else that I haven't met in here yet!!
betty2
Hi maggie2 welcome tae ma hoose canny mind if its yir first visit in here (hard tae keep track at times) but onywey this is where aw freens meet an huv a blether, Therr hus been mony a good perty in here in the past so jist you keep poppin in rolleyes.gif
Gemini
knock knock, hey betty ur ye in hen, ahm back an' ah stoapped in last night sumbody wis huving a perty an' ah didnae know them thocht ah'd wis in the wrang hoose, ye know ah'm no wan fer tattlin' but ah saw kaz cosying up tae sumbody in yer ain hoose mind ye, weel anyhoo catherine wee mags an' marion ur cumin' ddoon the road so's ye better get the kettle oan, ah heard frae melody an leen they stoapped at the bakery, so whit did ah miss when ah wis gon any goss hey mags sit doon there's nothing wrang wi the curtains (always the hoosewife she is) well syas betty the waddins aff, aye says catherine och naw says ria ah hiv tae nip ower tae keyboard an see whits gon oan keep wan o' they fern cakes fur me be right back unsure.gif
betty2
Jimmy the glesses ur washed an left drainin oan the sink noo you supply the necessary
kas
hey there betty2 how r u? i haven't been by to visit in a while- thought i'd stop in & say hi & see how all the gang is doing. did u guys have ur standard friday night bash? i've got the kettle on & i'm waiting for the fern cakes- yum. all is well in the desert here- had a bit of rain & flooding yesterday, but right back to sunny clear sky today. we are excited about the baseball- go red sox-go cubs! how's ur grandson betty? hope's he's doing well. my wee boy is away taking s.a.t test this a.m. i'm fighting a sore throat- i think the "sore throat" is winning- i need some honey & lemon for my tea..thinking of u all
maggie2
aw Kas you need a wee hot toddy!
we are getting all the rain here now!! so misrable and overcast! i remember well waiting on mine while they sat their psats and sats...then you have to wait foe weeks to get the results!! Hope he does well...
Well I cannot stop in for long as it is my daughter in laws birthday the day! son in laws tomorrow......so it is busy busy making plans!! we are having a girls night out tonight! just dinner and a movie but we always have fun!! but seems i will miss the party here tonight! have one on me Jimmy! though I am a tee toatler these days!!
Betty I have been in here quite a few times! but your never hame??? it is amazing how you get all these peolple to clean your place! remember Hubert has to do the stairs for me, as I have a bad back.... smile.gif
betty2
Hi kas how yi daen aye last night wis whit us GIRLS caw swally night an buleeve you me we know how tae enjoy wursels two weeks time we're off tae saltcoats fur wur friday saterday an sunday bash really lookin forward tae it , they're a great crowd an noo tae you maggie the back still playin up eh? doant yi worry nane aboot the sterrs they'll git done plenty in here tae see tae that . Hus that jimmy no showed up wae the necessary yet? hellish weather here dull dank an miserable but ah've a wee vodka smilin at me so will talk soon rolleyes.gif bye ladies
Teeny
wink.gif
Marg
Good day to one and all hope your day is fine , I've this lovely weather that I'd like to spread around for it is nearly 20c and to go to 24c I can't believe it october 12th and this warm but I'll hang on to it as long as I can .I'm glad its not me having to cook the thanks giving turkey in this heat but I'll have a wee feast of it in a few hours time.
maggie2
You are so right Teeny! that was rather mean spirited of me! and you being the first to figure out that thon name was an alias too! You deserve a grand prize for being so clever! so I am getting you a peeny, so you won't be getting wet when you do thon dishes!! What do you think of that then? a brilliant idea huh?
davyab44
Haw Betty....howzitgaun hen....you talkin' aboot Saltcoats made me sae hamesick....Ah spent the furst 4 years o' ma life therr...an' went doon tae ma auntie's therr every year fur ma hoalidays.....
Wid ye look at ra lovely tipsy cake a broat...bile ra kettle luv while a tak ra rubbish tae ra midden...it's aw thae empties fae the swallys yur efter huvin'.........be right back.......

davyab44
Teeny
wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.