Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Isobel
What about some clever one amongst us doing a nice big wlecome home Betty across the door banner. Am no good at that stuff.
A jist ordered a big box of fern cakes and empire biscuits.
ok then see you all Friday.Hope nabudy touched ma rum a left a big bottle there , a think it was under the sink.
Melody
Ye've been missed so much Betty, hurry home. smile.gif Yer like a wee wonderful anchor on GG holding us all together. smile.gif
jakka13
I'll second that Melody ,the place just hasn't been the same without her .
Anne1
wub.gif wub.gif are new folk allowed into bettys room a will be very good and quiet honest
glasgow lass
unsure.gif me as well anne, a cant sleep.
Catherine
Yer only allowed in here Anne if yer NO quiet laugh.gif

In ye's come Anne an Glasgowlass, anither twenty four hoors an betty will be dishin oot the rota fur us aw laugh.gif
tammy
The more the merrier as long as you take a turn at the stairs and the cleaning. I've added 2 new mugs with your names on them so you will feel welcome when you come in for a cuppa. Put your feet up and have a wee chat with whomever is in. I've got a pound of Stabuck's coffee beans here for those who are wanting a coffee and a wee bottle of Bailey's for flavouring! wink.gif
Catherine
Oh well Tammy.......if ye insist rolleyes.gif .......wee bit mare....ta laugh.gif
Anne1
thanks girls will have a coffee and will take ma turn at the housework
Angela Chick
Just spoke to oor betty on the phone there, she is waiting on her son to put anti virus software in her pc then she will be online biggrin.gif
jakka13
Glad I made it in before her ,pheew/// I didn't have time to stitch a banner so I painted one .
It says "Gaun yersel' hen !!! ,Welcome back "I'll jist put it up on the door .I've got the punch all ready and enough to make a second batch if a lot of lassies come in .I've brought some of my macaroons and Millionaires Shortbread ,nane o' yer store bought stuff this is the genuine article as made by my Dad and he taught me .
Wghit a perty we're gonny hiv the night ,Java will we try and sing "The wild mountain thyme ?"We nearly did it awe at Catherines but somebody kept singing o're us .Wan two three ,
Oh' the summertime has come la la la .I'm that happy .
Anne1
Click to view attachmentHi Betty havent met you yet but heard all about you
jakka13
Mibee if we awe stert singin' Betty will hear us and hurry in to shush us up .Manky Franky's weans have done as I told them for once so the stairs are nice and clean .The new nets ur up on the nice clean windows and the banner is on the door .The punch will keep unless we put ice in it and then it starts to water down .The macaroons and shortbread are in tins so they will keep .I think I'll stert a wee singsong and see if we can get her to join in ,Let the Irish sing of their Emerald Isle where the four leaf shamrock grows .Let the English praise their valley's and their braes and their bonny bloomin' Rose .
But give me the land of the heather and the kilt ,the mountains and the rivers ,for the blood leaps in my veins when I hear the bagpipes play ,Scotland dear old Scotland for ever .
Hope I remembered all the words .Onybody singin' with me .???
Catherine
Sure ah'll sing wae ye Jean...whit wan noo pet? laugh.gif

Kin ye balieve the weather since oor Java went hame???.....it's baltic again, cripes ah wis in the shower the night furra hauf an hoor tryin tae heat up! laugh.gif
jakka13
Hi Catherine ,ended up watching soccer .If you're up for a song ,how about ,
Far frae my hame I've wandered ,does that get memories started ????
Whit else can we sing to get oor Betty to jine in ?????
wee mags
Jist aff the phone with Betty she let me hear the Celtic Supporters singing" You,ll never Walk alone " she is awe excited biggrin.gif ,and she is sorry but her son never came over and added the anti virus but said he wid be over so she will be BAAAAAAAck wink.gif
Java
Dae you see who ah see? biggrin.gif
betty2
Arrived an tae prove it am here at long last
betty2
oan at last an naebody tae talk tae wink.gif
Anne1
Hi Betty2 how are you heard alot about you from my cousin wee mags, hope your well and fit for this lot anyway pleased to meet you at last
Java
Welcome home Betty.....we missed ye....biggrin.gif

(And see if this place isny spick an span...remember ah've a doctors line...laugh.gif)
betty2
Hi javva if this hoose isnae up tae ma expectations there ll be a few mair needin a doctors line tongue.gif
Angela Chick
Woo hoo betty yer back biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
betty2
oops 1st mistake already mispelt yir name JAVA ohmy.gif
betty2
Aw Angela thats lovely hen
Angela Chick
Your very welcome betty ye have been truly missed biggrin.gif
betty2
Think they.re aw in bed or those that are far from home are having dinner . OR mibby am yasin the wrang perfume wub.gif
tammy
Welcome back Betty! Great to have you back in your wee hoose!Click to view attachment
betty2
rolleyes.gif
annie laurie
Hello Betty

Nice to see you posting again, have fun missed you
Cheers
Elma
Welcome back Betty, you really have been missed biggrin.gif
annie laurie
I am sure you are going to be very busy in the next couple of weeks catching up on everything Betty laugh.gif
Catherine
HHHHHHaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllooooooooooooo DOLLY!! YER BACK !! laugh.gif

Great tae see ye betty, course ye'll be aff tae yer bed noo laugh.gif
stuarty
wellcome back betty its good to see you up and running and you were around for me when i joined and i thank you for that a promise a havent been all doom and gloom but it just coincided with you coming back and am in the sad mode but the people on gg have been very kind to me as they have you a shall be up in glasgow for saturday at the latest but possibly thursday but hey this is youre night and a great big
betty2
Not in bed yet but am in ma jammy.s, Not even goin to try an read back on all i,ve missed so ah,ll go wae the flow an fill in the gaps as I go along rolleyes.gif On sunday I,m off to Lanzarotte for a week s holiday [needin some sunshine] But thank you to those who have welcomed me back. I missed you all too sad.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
Hullo betty
well Hullo betty
its so good tae hiv yae back where you belong wub.gif
missed yer wee poems and yer song .
you were missed betty, awefae gled yir back pal.
jimmyd
Hi Betty ,sadly we can't have Bard back ,but am sure she is saying

Welcome home, welcome
Come on in, and close the door
You've been gone, too long
Welcome, you're home once more

I thought of all the things I'd say to you
When you come back to me someday
When you are here and we're together
With all my heart you'll hear me say

Welcome home, welcome

There are so many lonely people
Why must they ever be apart
I hope someday you'll be together
Singing these words with all your heart

Welcome home, welcome
(Welcome home)

great to have you back love wub.gif wub.gif
betty2
Hello Mags

Jist fur you ah.ll take the time
Tae write fur you a wee shoart rhyme
You kept in touch with me by phone
And cause o this fur ma next BT bill ah,ll need a bank loan
But dinny worry or dinny fret
Cause a friend like you is hard to get

luv n xxxxxx,s betty
betty2
Aye jimmy The bard wish she was still with us . And thanks for the song. Wish ah could belt oot a wee number fur yi but gettin sleepy so ah,ll bid you all a goodnight and god bless

still here in glesca rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Aww welcome back betty wub.gif ....Stick the kettle oan
Catherine
Oh look at aw these lovely wee thoughts for ye betty, telt ye we aw missed ye.

Ah'll hae a wee cuppa Keelie, cauld ootside again an rainy weather.....

Ah wis jist up in the boys room there, came across their Junior Kindergarten books an wis in stitches laughin.
Therrs Jake, talkin aboot his big brother in a different class {liar liar pants oan fire cos he's no goat wan}, he's gaunni be a TV Helper Guy when he grows up, an sayin his favourite thing aboot the Science Centre wis his dad playin Baseball with him..... an therrs Maxiboy, he's gaunni go oan a rocket ship when he's big an loved goin oan the 'spinny thing' at the Science Centre laugh.gif

Then ah turnt roon tae leave their room an therrs ma slippers lined up the side a Jake's bed. He asked me earlier if he could huv them a minute......wee sowels goat them soarted fur him gettin oot the bed in the mornin.
Kin ye balieve ma nine year aulds goat the same size a feet as me laugh.gif .......but is that no the cutest.....an therr nae cuter than when they're gaun tae bed that's fur sure!!
jakka13
Hi Betty ,sorry I missed you comin' in .Great to have you back on board with us .How about you have a few wee quiet days to get used to the new boards and we'll plan a big party for when you get back from your holiday ?.I'll start makin' treats .tomorrow.Good night all .
lindamac
Even though I do not know you on a more personal level Betty ,may i say Iam looking forward to doing so now you are back at GG so welcome home to your wee hame frae hame.Iam looking forward to getting to know you more now & know already via the GG bunch that you are a dear lady of Calibre & they all adore you & your ways.They have indeed missed you a lot Betty so good to see you back.
Melody
Welcome back darlin' Betty, oor wee anchor, we missed ye so much pal. smile.gif
betty2
Lots of kind words and messages coming in from new and old friends Jeez its good to be back. Hud a quick look roon the place nice curtains [who picked them] must gie credit where due the place is spotless, haud oan a wee minute canny find the biscuit tin , Melody that wis aye youre dept. Knowin ma pal I,ll bet she.s off daen a shop at Marks fur goodies smile.gif Looks like another good day here in sunny gldesca am off tae the city fur some last bits n pieces fur the hols. rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
Mornin Betty ,
did Manky Franky's weans keep aff yer stairs??? I gave them awe some money and made them promise to be good .I'm away tae make some tottie scones .I usually make about four dozen and then freeze them .That way I don't hiv tae bother makin them up at the lake .I'll bring some by later .
Lennox
Betty, so nice to see you back , I don't come into vist very often, but glad to see your keeping all in ship shape.. Jist so I don't get the blame for any thing else .. I hivnae seen any tin o biscuits... must have been the green lassie laugh.gif she's got a sweet tooth you know.....
Melody
Ah brought a big Celebration cake for us all so it's party night in Betty's tonight. All Welcome BYOB.
Last oot washes the sterrs. laugh.gif
betty2
Well Lennox why not pop in now and again its always nice to see a friendly face. Still canny find the biscuit tin mad.gif

still here in glesca
Lennox
QUOTE (betty2 @ 2nd May 2007, 12:42 PM) *
Well Lennox why not pop in now and again its always nice to see a friendly face. Still canny find the biscuit tin mad.gif

still here in glesca

Betty I'll do that very thing .. thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.