Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Ria, like a lot of folks on here I found it difficult to get Betty and that wee family out of my mind today. I was just showing that lovely picture of Betty and Archie to my husband there, and I was saying to him just how special Betty is as a person. My husband said, "What your saying is she makes you feel safe " and I thought that was a lovely way to describe those very few special people we meet in this life.
Java
Aye, your husband's a wise man Melody...comes frae livin wi a wise wumman.. laugh.gif
Melody
I've taught him all he knows Java. smile.gif
Java
As long as ye dont teach him all YOU know, womankind is safe... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
How could they take it all in Java? No point in upsettin' the wee souls. wink.gif Take Care pal.
Marion Dougan
Just checked in here. Soooo sorry to hear of Bettys Grandaughter, my prayers are with them, sooooo sad
buntyq
Ria, do the newer members of the GG know that Betty is a poet? After the meet at Wee Mags in 2004 we were all treated to her memories in rhyme. I printed it out because it was so special. The wee grandkids sleep in my place when Suzy does night duty at the hospital. They say their prayers and we include special intentions. Betty and her grandaughter will be remembered. They always like a wee story so I will tell them about Betty and her courage.
jimmyd
Nice one Bunty !!! wub.gif
lindamac
wub.gif May God Speed recoveries to beyond miraculous for both Betty & her wee dolls in hospital. A woman of substance & courage can only be on this earth for one thing & that is to shine the peacefull light of GOD UPON ALL SHE MEETS,YES INDEED SHE DOES THAT 7 then some!!!

Dear God let not your servants come undone but even moreso let their hearts & their faces Stay Aglow! Theres still more love to share furr awe this wummin has been frae here tae there Dear God Speed yer Replys to our prayer!

Survive Revive & Arrive to healing beyond all expectations God Speed is more like a thousand years put as in 1 single day,Oh dear God let that be the speed for Betty & her needs tae be met & set up the lass who yet is asleep & sick,Oh My God come Quick in the Same as Bettys speed.

Bring Yer ain wan through to carry on yer good deeds to reach the hurting the broken hearted,Thank you God thats what ye had in mind when Betty started, for this one so near & dear to her Dear God ,speed up fast & heal her!!! as we have asked.Thankyou God bless these courageous women 1 & the same family different generations. Be still their hearts Trust yer God yer on yer way back oh thank God!! wub.gif
Gemini
I am saddend to say that betty's g/daughter passed away at 5.45a.m. scottich time this morning, not much more to say say other than had she pulled through she would have been a vegatable as she was already brain dead, as betty said.

Rest in Peace Jennifer.
Java
I am so, so sorry, Ria...please pass my heartfelt condolences to Betty and family...dont know what else to say...
keelie gal
Iam so sorry to hear of Jennifers passing ,such tragic news i can only pass on my sincere and heartfelt condolonces to you all,our love and thoughts are with you all at this very sad and difficult time god bless you all.xxxxxxx

Love Keelie Gal x
Angela Chick
Ria i am so so sorry to hear of jennifers passing my heart is broken here for all of you, my thoughts are with you all at this very sad time god bless you all and give you the strength to get through this.

Rest in peace sweetheart.

love angela xxxx
keelie gal
Rest in peace Jennifer.xxx
marina
i am so sorry there are no words that i can think of right now that can say how bad i feel for betty and all her family, except that im thinking of you all

At the rising of the sun and at its going down,
We remember them.

At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of Winter, We remember them.

At the opening of buds and in the rebirth of Spring,
We remember them.

At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of Summer,
We remember them.

At the rustling of leaves and the beauty of Autumn,
We remember them.

At the beginning of the year and when it ends,
We remember them.

As long as we live, they too will live;
for they are now a part of us, as we remember them.

When we are weary and in need of strength,
We remember them.

When we are lost and sick at heart,
We remember them.

When we have joys we yearn to share,
We remember them.

When we have decisions that are difficult to make,
We remember them

When we have achievements that are based on theirs,
We remember them.

As long as we live, they too shall live,
for they are a part of us, as we remember them.
jimmyd
Oh how my heart aches , for the sorrow of such a young passing .Jennifer I know you have moved on ,but your leaving has left such sadness.I never knew you pet , but I knew of you .Go in peace darlin . requiescant in pace.
jimmyd
Oh how my heart aches , for the sorrow of such a young passing .Jennifer I know you have moved on ,but your leaving has left such sadness.I never knew you pet , but I knew of you .Go in peace darlin . requiescant in pace.
witshisname
Betty,please accept my deepest condolences on the tragic passing of your Granddaughter,I was shocked when i found out today of her passing.But i am sure that she is in a better place.
My heart aches for you and your family.
Bob xxxxxxx
jakka13
So so sorry to hear the news .My heart goes out to you Betty and all your family .I'll Call Boots in a wee while and let her know /I know she will join me in prayer for you all .God Bless.
Gemini
Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers and condolences, will pass this on to betty, I know she will appreciate that so many people were thinking of her during this time. Thank You All.
Catherine
Ria you must feel very far from home pet, God Bless you and help you right now.

Marina that wis beautiful, thank you.

Jennifer never woke up after the accident, she had her family always by her side and she felt safe to go on, surrounded with love and prayers.
R.I.P. Sweetheart

I've jist spoken with betty and she thanks everyone for all the comfort she's been given.

We love you betty.
buntyq
Ria, Betty. My heart is saddened at the news.
stuarty
my heart and thoughts are with all that are hurting at this sad time so young and life is unfair somtimes .A lot of questions will be left unanswered god bless you all from stuarty
tammy
Can't imagine what the family are going through. What a tragic ending to a young woman's life. My heart and prayers go out to Betty, Ria and family. What a sad shame. Thinking of all of you. Rest in Peace young Jennifer. sad.gif
Melody
This must be one of the saddest days I ever remember on these boards. Wee Jennifer has gone on ahead and she has taken a wee bit of all of our hearts with her. Goodnight darlin' sleep in peace.
Lennox
Betty, I am so sorry for you and your family, please knowthat you are in all our hearts today. I don't know what else to say
wee mags
to Paul and family my thoughts and prayers are with you today Iam soory to hear that Jennifer lost her battle but I hope you find strength in all the prayers that have and are being said for you all
Betty,you know by our wee talks to one anotherthis week how I feel
and Ria like Catherine said ita a hard time for you being so far away from all at this time

Iam home in Heaven dear ones,
Oh so happy and so bright!
there is perfect joy and beauty in this everlasting light,
All the pain and grief is over,iam now at peace for ever Safely home at last.
did you wonder I so calmly trod the valley of the shade?
Oh but Jesus love illuminated every dark and fearful glade
and he came Himself to meet me in that way so hard to tread
and with Jesus arm to lean on
Could I have one doubt or dread?
Then you must not grieve so sorely
for I love you dearly still.
try to look beyond earths shadows,pray to trust our fathers will

god bless Jennifer and may she rest in peace
sumac
I am thinking of you still, Betty, and now too, of your grand-daughter. You will both be in my prayers tonight.

God bless your family, and I know he will give you the strength to carry on.

Love from Susanne
stratson
So very sad ,my deepest sympathy to all of the family.

Eternal rest grant unto her oh lord,
and let perpetual light, shine upon her,
May she rest in Peace.-Amen.
annie laurie
Condolences, to Betty and her Family,
God Bless you all,
George Muir
Betty and Gemini,
I just heard today of the passing of Jennifer. She was so young, as were her parents, I couldn't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. For a child to go before her parents is against nature. My thoughts go out to her young parents and to you also, Betty and Gemini. Very sad. RIP Jennifer.
George
Avril
Dear Betty, I don't know you, but my heart goes out to you. To lose your darling granddaughter just doesn't bear thinking about. May you get the strength to cope. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. Lots of Love to you allXXXXXX
Elma
Betty and Ria, my words cannot express how much I feel for you today as you mourn the loss of such a young life.

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make his face shine upon you
And be gracious unto you;
The Lord life up his countenance upon you
And give you peace

God Bless,
Elma
Isobel
Betty I am heart broken for you and your family tonight. Your darling grand daughter taken at such a young age.May she rest in peace. There is one more angel in heaven tonight. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ria at a time like this its so difficult to be so far from home, I am thinking of you .
toerag
Betty, please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your darling grand daughter, you must be asking yourself a million why's and if's. Ria I feel for you, being so far away and just wanting to give your sister a big hug, life is so unfair at times and this is one of them. Please know that you are in our thoughts & prayers.
lindamac
wub.gif My deepest sincerest condolances Betty to you Ria & yours!
A POEM FOR BETTYS GRAND GIRL
JENNIFER BETTYS GRAND LASS
May the dear lass , may she be still at last ,
At peace in the arms of her Father God her Maker,
Be still yet, released from Danger,
Far worse a deed & beyond It would have been, were ye to stay on this land Or somewhere in Between,

Today is another day,Dear Betty So at a loss!,her eyes yes they shall mist!for her Granddaughter no more is here to kiss,
According to Betty Ria & All, You Sweet Jennifer Are Forever Missed!
Betty from all of us at GG We are Sad this turned out to be so,
we send Prayers For Betty & her Angel Girl,Ria, Her Family Too.

Farewell Angel Granddaaughter Fly as the Angels do!
Be free, Rest At Last,Oh Know You Will Be Missed!

Betty so strong & courageous We miss you Too! Hold On Now Help Comes ,It`s Near Too You & Yours Oh Betty,Be Still & Trust Yer God He has Got you,You are Not Lost. This Hurts God Knows,

May God Help You & Yours,Strenghthen , Oh God Hear Her Heart Cries still,Yes Be Still yet, As With All Gods Help, God Shall Hear All The Familys praises,God Speed Times & Griefs Duration.Heal The Hurts The thoughts,
Make Them Good,Throughout Time Jennifers Life Never Erases.

God Help Them All With This Loss,Remember To Talk With Jesus Throughout This Time Here & Throughout His Christmas Season! wub.gif
Gemini
that was beautiful Lindamac, and I know betty will appreciate it, I talked with her last night, and she said she was just chilling out as it was a really hectic week for her and the family, she also wanted to make sure I told you all how much she appreciated the thoughts, prayers and condolences from all of you and was really touched by the outpouring. Thank you all again.
Gallusbisom
Dear Betty
When I read the bad news about your operation I was totally taken aback and felt dreadful about this set back. I was thinking of you often and didn't really have the proper words to express how much I cared. I know we have never met in person but I feel I know you from all your postings and those of your friends on the boards. It seems that you are a caring, strong, fiesty, kind person, to mention just a few of the great things that have been said about you. It has been my good fortune to have made your acquaintance on the boards.
The news of the loss of Jennifer hit me like a physical pain, the loss for both her parents and yourself, overwhelming. I have no words to ease the loss but I do know that faith can pull us through these times and I know yours is strong. You are a sterling person and an example of courage and grit to all of us.

Ria, it is the worst of times when we are not there-at least in person, I know your heart is there.

God Bless the entire family and help them through this horrendous loss.

Hugs coming through, Irene
buntyq
Ria, Betty, I had a special prayer that my own children said at bedtime so I taught it to the grandkids. However, I always let them add on their own prayers for special intentions. I had told them before going to bed about Betty and Jennifer. There were tears in my eyes as I listened to them asking Our Lord to comfort both of you. wub.gif from Bunty and the Braz grandkids.
Marion Dougan
Ria Betty I am soooo sorry to hear the sad news. May Jennifer Rest in Peace
peter-f
I maybe a newbe on here but i 'd like to offer my condolances, to everyone affected by the loss of this young girl.
betty2
Thanks to all who have sent kind thoughts and prayers . Both Paul and Shirleyann,along with myself are overwhelmed at this response. God bless each and everyone of you. I am at this moment using their pc to let you all know that I have read youre messages . Hopefully I will soon be back among you on this board. IT has been a tragic time and will remain so for some time to come. Once again I thank you all where elsi in this wide world are there friends are dear as you all. xxxx
betty2 still here in glesca
wee mags
I got a lovely call from Betty this morning, she called to tell me how touched she and her son Paul and his wife were by the notices of condolance they could not believe that people who did not even know them could be so thoughtful ,and Betty said when she has her pc up and running she will thank you all her self ,
they are dealing with the lost the best they can och aye a forgot she sends her love and to you jimmy thanks for your call it was much appreciated wink.gif
keelie gal
Betty you take yer time doll and when yer good n ready to come back on the boards ye will have a big circle o pals ,ready n waiting fer ye hen wub.gif
Gemini
peter fulton I thank you on behalf of betty and myself, so thoughtful of you and let me take this time to welcome you to the board, you will really enjoy this great bunch.
Gemini
peter fulton I thank you on behalf of betty and myself, so thoughtful of you and let me take this time to welcome you to the board, you will really enjoy this great bunch.
buntyq
Betty, you were given a gift to express your thoughts and feelings in rhyme. Even if you dont share them with others I think this gift will help you in this sad time. wub.gif
jimmyd
At the risk of being branded an insensitive big sod , I have to relate a humerous incident here , and I know my dear friend Betty 2 , being the Glesga wummin she is will appreciate it , for the reason intended

I had just stepped out of the shower and my phone rang , it was Betty's sister Gemini ,she was ringing on behalf of Betty to tell me Betty was sorry to miss my calls to her. So here is me staunin in the nude , an saying to Ria 'Oh my goad a hivnae goat any clase oan " ah mean whit am ah like eh!!! Ria cannae see me , so she is cracking up laffin an am trying to put my underpants oan wi wan haun , and I may add !!! I managed it , and my troosers as well . Gemini said my goad this wid get the tongues waggin on GG if they knew this . OK Betty hen I am no two timin ye honest ,yer still ma main squeeze ok . I put this here as laughter has the power to help us heal, yes it's a sad time ,but am sure oor Betty will feel a wee bit better efter a wee laff .
Tori G
Well Jimmyd that certainly will have us all with tounges wagging, you've just told us the story ha ha and no insensitive atawe your humour is appriciated. God love ya, noo talkin aboot those cockies oot in the verandah how's they going, still leavin yer wallet dry, ner mind someone has to do it and who better too, watch oot for those colourfull wans I've goat wan and as you probally know they never stoap when they know theyre oan to a good thing. All the best to you Jimmyd. wub.gif

Betty my dear I would like to send you and your family my condolences, I feel somewhat silly now for one of my posts as it was a few days after I heard of this.....Hugs and love from me my dear and your family too. Love Tori xoxoxox wub.gif
Angela Chick
Got a phone call from betty today, she is bearing up not bad considering,Jennifers funeral was yesterday and what a great turn out she got, betty said it was a beautiful service but as you can imagine was very very sad.

She asked me to thank you all again from the bottom of her heart.

A wee special thank you to jimmy, betty got all your phone messages, she is just gonna have a few days to herself now as best as she can and be there for all her family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.