Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
Am aw excited here, cos for the first time ever, ah'm goin international wi ma Christmas cards...wahoo......how posh am ah gonny look when ah go tae the post office?..... ...Wan tae New Zealand, a couple tae Canada, oh look, wan fur America....ah'm jist too cosmapolitan fur ma ain good.... laugh.gif

(Gallus am so sorry to hear about Flint.....ah'm raisin ma Baileys wi ye wub.gif )
jakka13
G.B sorry about your wee dog.Is'nt it amazing how attached we all become to our pets .My wee cat is now ten and I can't imagine life without her .The last time I came on I was in a terrible rush and didn't get a chance to sympathize with you .I hope you're feeling better now .
annie laurie
Hello GB
So sorry to hear about your Dog, yeh it does not matter how many you have I am sure you still miss him,
i went through the same thing last Year, lost my Dog called Sandy he was 15 yrs old as well and i had him since he was 6 Months, old,
Luckly though I still have his wee daughter, I dont think I could live without having a pet around,
As my hubby always say they give you so much love and affection and never talk back, : tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Avril
Really sorry to hear about your dog GB.I remember the terrible day that my mum called me from Glasgow to tell me that our family dog had died. I was in my 20's and living down south, mum couldn't tell me for crying then dad came on the phone and he managed to blurt it out before breaking down, I was heartbroken and cried for days, she was 13 and we knew she wouldn't last forever but it was like losing a member of the family.

We always had dogs when I was young. I love them, they understand every word and are great loyal pals, the best thing was the welcome you got when you arrived home. Our dog's whole body would wag....not just her tail!!! smile.gif

Unfortunately I developed a serious allergy to dogs and can't touch them or go into a anyone's house who own's a dog because it brings on asthma. I always felt mean because my kids never got a dog, especially my youngest daughter who is 'animal mad' and trained a a veterinary nurse for a while after leaving school! My kids had to have rabbits instead! We started off with 2 lovely white female dwarf rabbits and ended up with 9!!! (Aye ye've guessed right, they wurnae wee lassies ata')...anyway, we kept one baby and found good homes for the others. My husband built a '3 storey' hutch for mammy who was called Candy, daddy who was called Sugar and Sherbet, the baby rabbit.

GB when I was young, I remember my dad saying..'no more dogs' whenever one passed away but we always got another one!

Anyway I'll raise my glass tae Flint and the happy days that he gave you! smile.gif
sumac
Poor gallus! I know how you feel. We lost our big "boy", Ben, the Old English Sheepdog when he was 8. He was our baby and had a dicky heart. We didn't get another dog until about six years later - another OESD called Gemma. Unfortunately, our son was VERY allergic to her, so we had to sell her. I cried just as much for her as I did with Ben. Now we've got a wee Westie, Bonnie, who's 3 and I'm not thinking about when her time is up. Oh, and yes - I think a lot, still, about our Ben. They're your familly, aren't they?
sumac
Jings, crivvens, sae help ma boab! Ah furgoat tae say, "Hullo, everybody. Kin Ah sit doon an' take the weight aff ma feet? Ah'm ferr gaspin' fur a wee cuppa tea. Jist mulk- nae sugar - an' maybees a wee bit o' Madiera bun?
Gallusbisom
Thank you each and everyone of you who took the time and were very kind in your messages about Flint. I am very deeply touched at the depth of understanding shown. I just found out yesterday that my neighbour 2 doors away lost her wee Yorkie, Maggie the day before Flint, Maggie was 13. They are of course heart broken. Sometimes you wonder if these things are just "coincidence". Our cat Lucky is taking it pretty hard (he's 23) and he and Flinty used to lie in the sunshine at the frond door together. So Lucky is wandering around Meowing for him. Sad to see. But I know time will pass and it will become only the happy times we will recall, although the big empty spot will always be there. Thanks once again everyone, it helps a lot. GB
Angela Chick
I was chatting to betty on the phone tonight, she told me to tell you all she had a wonderful 4 days in rome and she got a papal blessing biggrin.gif

Also that she misses everyone but she is fine and keeping well and that she is still young free and single and looking laugh.gif

I regard betty as a very good friend she is a one in a million oor betty.
tammy
Oh that's wonderful news Angie. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. smile.gif
Melody
She is indeed Angela, a lovely woman. We don't half miss her on here.
Isobel
Hi GB, just reading through these posts I am so sorry to hear about Flint. Its like losing one of the family.Just you think of all the happy times he gave you , and he did have a good life. Your poor wee cat must be wondering where he is. I was blown away when you said your cat was over 20. He must be quite lost without Flint.
Angela Chick
A got a wee phone call from betty on friday night there she is doing well she is of on her travels again she is going to Donegal with her cousin in 2 weeks time for 5 days, she says hello to all of you and that she misses everyone biggrin.gif

Betty is a right jet setter good for her thats what i say biggrin.gif
marina
och thats nice, i hope she has a wonderful time and am glad shes ok
tammy
ok that's me finished oputting up all the Christmas lights outside and inside the house. I left a tray of shorbread and some eggnog with fresh nutmeg for everyone. Add your own rum, or not. I've hauled in the Christmas tree and put the lights on, now everyone just needs to bring in one special ornament to put on to make it extra special. I'll just give the place a quick dusting and stoke the fire before I leave so it's nice and cozy for the next person coming in. It's awfully cold outside. Come on in from the cold and have a rest before you head back out for more Christmas shopping. wub.gif
wee mags
Hi everyone I to spoke to our happy wanderer she is enjoying her trips,she is also looking forward to the meet ,but feels a bit strange as she doesnt know all of you ,but once you get to meet her she will be just dandy ,noo we hiv tae some one tae take care of the place while shes gone wink.gif
keelie gal
Ochh it will just be like weee betty's hoose ye will be alright as long as ye wipe yer feet afore ye come in ,ye will ll have a rerr terr wub.gif
Catherine
Spoke with betty on the phone today guys, she's doing well and as mags says is lookin forward to the 'wee splash' outin along with her other outins biggrin.gif .

Angela's mentioned she's off tae Donegal, which is wonderful timing as sadly she's jist received word her Cornea Transplant has rejected, and there's no more hope for her eyes.
For those that don't know, betty has 40% vision in one eye, and is blind in the other eye.

The shadows and better image she's had since having the Transpant will eventually disappear in the next wee while is what she's been told, so please jist remember her in yer prayers guys, or when ye make a Toast somewherr, or have a happy thought....jist pass it along in yer head tae our betty....she'll no care whit avenue the thought for her comes, but ah think it's important for us to throw our thought towards her in whitever way.

I felt very sad after Angela passed on the news to me, and I know Angela has been torn whether or not to put it up here and didnae know how to do it.....but after having spoken with betty ah kin honestly say therrs no many like her in a pun.....Her desire to jist 'keep gaun' is full of courage, and ma hats off tae her.

God Bless betty tonight, and thanks Angela for being there for that phone call.
Melody
Such a hard blow for our dear Betty. Betty to those who don't know her is what I would call a 'real' human being. She has a heart as big as any that I have known full of love for all who pass her way. A Glaswegian through and through in the real sense of the word. She is a mother, a sister, a friend to all, someone who makes life worth living, a lady.
Love to you dear friend Betty, I know that you'll conquer this blow, nothing could keep that love from shining out of you as it does.
sumac
Betty, I don't know you but I really do, if you know what I mean. Your lovely and loving friends on the Board have told us all about you and you really DO sound like a VSP - a Very Special Person. God bless you in the days and weeks ahead.
wee mags
I cannot believe what I just read ,she was so full of her usual fun self when I spoke to her the other day,jokinng and so happy about her trip to ireland ,but as Melody says she will conquer her new trial with all the guts of her Glaswegian style,
,for if you met her you would think you had known her all your life ,so Betty I will join the others in wishing you well,and my thoughts and prayers are with you wub.gif
Angela Chick
When betty called me to tell me her sad news i felt so bad for her, but like you guys have said their aint anything that would bring betty to her knees no chance she has the fighting spirit of a lioness.

As wee mags mentioned there is just something wonderful about betty first time i met her i said to myself " i really like this woman" biggrin.gif and so true you feel like you have known her your entire life she has that special aura about her.

Melody coined the phrase about betty a true glaswegian.

Thank you catherine for stepping in here and posting and letting her pals know i was only to glad you did it.

God bless oor betty a mighty and strong true glaswegian wub.gif
keelie gal
God Bless Betty im so sad to hear the news about her eyes i have only met betty once as Angela says shes the kinda woman ye take to straight away .....god bless ye betty fer yer one in a million xxxxxxxx wub.gif
aaron king
hi oor betty ,you have a lot of friends on here ,our thoughts are with you,you are a wee trooper,
Catherine
I should have made some PMs last night guys before I put this up.

I sincerely apologise to you all, in retrospect I realise how angry I was towards God for letting these things happen, and didn't stop to think first.

After reading replies here ye cannae help but feel the strength for betty comin through.
Isobel
I have been so busy with my own stuff right now I have not been reading all the post's recently. I was so upset for Betty when I read this. I cant add much more than what you have already said.As I myself have been told in the past few weeks.God has a reason for everything.Betty is a strong compassionate lady , and through all of this I have no doubt she will be able to help many others.I think thats just Betty's style. Angela please give Betty my love and best wishes. She will for sure be in my prayers .
Angela Chick
I am just of the phone to betty there and i read out all your posts to her and all your good wishes she thanks you all from the bottom of her heart biggrin.gif

She told me to tell you all she is fine she picked herself up dusted herself down and is getting on with it and looking forward to visiting Ireland on friday.

She has asked santa for a computer in her christmas list biggrin.gif so you never know when betty might just pop in again.
tammy
Angie next time you're speaking with Betty, tell her I'm sending her my thoughts from Canada and a big hug as well! She's lucky you're a good friend to her as well. Betty is a true gem. wub.gif You can let her know until she gets back on line we are all looking after her "wee hoose".
stuarty
oor betty will no give in fiesty wummin full of hope and an example of being humble and she will soldier on too the best of her ability betty my hat is off too you huggles for your courage and determination and who knows you might go speed dating .... am jokin honest a am welldone betty you give me hope and insperation wub.gif
jakka13
Best wishes to you Betty .You were the one who welcomed me to these boards .You certainly are a class act .Prayers go out to you from me Jakka
Elma
Betty, here's a big hug from me. I hope you are enjoying your holiday in Ireland. We've never met but I know from all your friends on here who have that you are a wonderful woman and an inspiration to all who meet you. Maybe one day we'll meet, I hope so. God bless wub.gif
lindamac
wub.gif Blessings & Travelling Mercies to you Betty,I don`t know you either yet feel as if I do,Do be safe & stay as Well as you can & in the quiet Hour Know You have company & prayers Praying for your wellbeing. Take Care & Have a Great christmas time. May you feel Loved all of the time. wub.gif
jimmyd
I was so upset to hear the news, she is one grand wummin is oor Betty ,but I know she will fight this and win. I have been asked by Wee Mags to post the following pic of Betty belting it oot at the meet in Connneticut ,at Wee Mags hoose !!! here she is the Diva of the GG .God bless you Betty ma wee love,I will ring you soon. wub.gif wub.gif
wee mags
thanks Jimmy yir awe right wink.gif
big al
Angela

Please pass on my best wishes to Betty - I was privileged to meet her in 2003 at the first Glasgow Meet and was full of admiration for her Glasgow courage and humour - truly a great representative of the city. Betty is a real lady and I am sure that she will overcome her problems again and show true spirit in all that she does.

Lots of love and best wishes Betty from Alan
Kaz61
Don't get on here too often now and just been catching up, cannae believe the news about Betty, why do these things always happen tae the good people!! life's just pure no fair so it isnae...

Be thinking about you Betty take care and keep smiling wink.gif

P.S Ah miss yer poems.
Gemini
sorry to be the bearer of sad news, but another bitter blow for "oor Betty", as some of you know betty and I are sisters, and I have just heard her granddaughter has been in a terrible car accident and is not doing too well, a pin was put in her brain to relieve pressure but from what I have been told her organs are beginning to fail, so please all prayers would be welcome at this time.

Ria
stuarty
oh gemini my thoughts and prayers are with you and betty and all the family what a terrible thing to happen everything crossed ria
Java
Betty must be frantic jist now Ria, you probably all are...just when ye think it cant get much worse....please take my hopes and prayers for a brighter tomorrow for all of you... wub.gif
keelie gal
Gemini so sorry to hear of the tragic news my love and thoughts go out to you all i will pray hard that bettys grandaughter pulls through god bless wub.gif
jakka13
I;m sure Betty must have very strong faith to bring her this far .Let's hope her faith is a comfort to her in these sad times .Love and prayers going out to you Geminie and to Betty and her grand daughter .God Bless you all .
Melody
Ria, rest assured of the prayers for Betty's wee granddaughter and for Betty. What an awful thing to happen to them all. Love to you all.
marina
oh god, how bad can things get? i know i dont know you betty but im thinking of you and all of your family and hope to god that the wee lassies alright xx
stratson
This is just so hard for all of you. I am posting this photo of Betty with Archie at the Horseshoe , she was happy mood, we just never know what's around the corner.The Power of Prayer from all on here is sincere, all must go well,Blessin.gs to all
jakka13
I'm writing this on behalf of our Boots .She is here, near Toronto visiting her nephew and didn't know about Betty till I called her today .She wanted Betty and all her family to know that she is thinking about them and joins hands with the rest of us to try and make our prayers stronger .A few of us are meeting for lunch this week-end and we'll make a wee circle here and hope for the best .
Java
Jakka, I'd be grateful if you could pass on my very best wishes to Boots and tell her I hope she's posting again soon.. biggrin.gif
annie laurie
So sorry to hear of the sad News of Bettys Grand-daughter, my Prayers are with all of the family
Thinking of you Betty, and i know you are strong, have faith,
God Bless
Elma
I'm praying too Betty that your grand-daughter pulls through this ordeal. It is amazing what can be done in themedical field these days.

I'm joining in the circle of prayer for both Betty and her grand-daughter, God bless you both
tammy
So sorry to hear about Betty's grandaughter. Praying she pulls through. sad.gif
jimmyd
Oh whit can I say Betty love ,you have been such a trooper all these years ,now you have to deal with this awful situation. I am praying so hard for you and the wee lassie . An thanks to Angela and Catherine for letting me know what happened .
Gemini
just got off the phone with Betty, and she thanks you all from the bottom of her heart for all the prayers and good wishes, will let you all know anything I find out. I too thank you all you are a great bunch no getting away from it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.