Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
stuarty
oh well we will all be routing for your team to win isobel a wee change of luck oh a got 30 tunnocks teacakes and a polished the lino roon the carpet and a good brushing the carpetjust incase betty gets a chance to come in laugh.gif a dont want her getting upset as we have been using it well but she would love us yousing it am sure oh java thanks for the teams and getting us all involved when we would normally have had no interest in the game well done a wee head massage for you and a nice pampering for being the director of our womans world cup yeh
Isobel
Yes Java you deserve some pampering as well. I got really interested after a got in the game. God a never thought a would come this far. Portugal out today. Germany did well to get third place. Glad they got something as they were the host country. Java could you try and get a couple of empire biscuits please. That would be a nice wee treat. rolleyes.gif
Java
Wid yees look at the layer of dust in here...yous are aw in serious soapy....

(ah've got an excuse....ah dont know whit it is yet, but ah've goat wan)...
stuarty
oye java get ben this lobby noo and here dont hide in the coal bunker again right theres a bucket and mop clean the lino efter a polished the mantle piece and windy sills ans ledges and all the ornaments ok a will go out and scrub the stairs and the cludgie mankie frankie,s weans have been throwin sweeties and chewingum in the pan mankie right enough well the kettles on cause a heared a wee rumour betty2 was gonny do a quick inspection on monday oh the sparks will be flying a tell you ok java run doon to the ham and egg shop and get a lb of best ayrshire bacon and some fresh butter and bread and eggs and we can have ham n egg sandwiches and boilin hot tea ok doll theres a 10bob note and mind and check the weight incase he tries to diddle you ok well am fair wabbit noo and built up an appitite am just poppin oot anaw ok woosh out the door
laugh.gif
Catherine
Guys ahm sittin here wae the tears streamin...Ah'v jist realised ahv lost ma diamond tennis bracelet the day when ah wis out, must have slipped over ma wrist.
It wis a gift from ma dad, say a wee prayer wid ye's an mibbe it'll turn up.
jakka13
Och ,hen ,I wish a' could gee ye a wee cuddle .It must be breakin' yer heart .I lost my original engagement ring seven years ago ,and even tho' Al bought me a bigger ,better one I cried for weeks .I'll say a wee prayer that it fell off somewhere on your property ,if not try and retrace your steps and go the the shops you were in that day and check the police station .You just never know someone may have turned it in .You could also put up posters offering a reward for it's return .Even if you never find it you will always have the memories with your Dad when he gave it to you ,so keep them close to your heart .I'll be thinking about you pet .Love Jean xx
Catherine
Thanks Jean, it's such a horrible feelin sure it is, and your Engagement ring of all things.
Our Engagement rings got stolen when our house got broken into the first year we were married, I was sick then and can only imagine what you must have felt like after having it all those years.

Out of the four shops I was in I've spoken with two and no luck.
I'll check the other two tomorrow when they open.

Ironically the one shop I've a feeling it must have got lost in I was jist in for two minutes before this wee woman started panicking as she'd put her handbag down and couldnae find it.
I jist seen her hyperventillatin and took her hand an said camon we'll retrace where ye were and wait to ye see we'll find it....and we did about five minutes later.
God love her ah think she'd her life in the bag she wis in such a state.
Unbeknownst tae me ah wis jist about tae lose ma ain stuff!

I jist feel as if I've been hit wae a sack of potatoes, yet the strangest thing is as each minutes goin by ah kin hear ma dad laughin an sayin it's jist a bracelet doll, easy come easy go.....ah really think he's givin me the vibes the noo Jean, he wis like that so he wis, ahm even answerin him back sayin stoap laughin at me an find it fur me laugh.gif

Fingers crossed for the shops tomorrow.
Isobel
Jakka I can remember when I first got engaged. One of the older ladies I worked with told me never to take it of. She said I used to take mine of every night I would never bake or clean with it on.Then one day I lost it. I remembered that story every time I would bake and get the dough in my ring, when I was cleaning toilets etc. But she was right I still have it. Am so sorry to hear you lost yours. Catherine maybe just maybe some kind soul will have turned your braclet in. There's a lot of good ;people out there. I will say a wee prayer tonight that tomorrow you may hear something.
annie laurie
Catherine,
Thinking of you, and hoping some nice honest person, will return your Braclet, soon, fingers crossed also, Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
tammy
Catherine, I'm sorry about your bracelet, my heart feels for you pal. Fingers are crossed for you. It's always heartbreaking when you lose something special from someone. I have one beautiful garnet and diamond earring, that I treasure. Phil had been away on a business trip on one of our anniversaries and we didn't have much money then and he came home with these beautiful and expensive earrings and one day I was away with the girl's on a Girl guide camp and noticed one of them was gone. I was devastated. That was about 10 yrs ago or more now and I still think about it. But, I have the memory of how special it was to get them in the first place. I hope your bracelet turns up.

Now back to this wee hoose. I've washed all teh curtains and hung them back up and scrubbed out the fridge for all the new groceries to go inside. I've left some freshly baked blueberry tarts with custard for any who would like one with their tea. smile.gif
Java
Aw Catherine, ah'm sorry aboot yer bracelet hen. Ah've a funny feelin it'll turn up, ye canny be as good a person as you are (make the most o that cos ah'll no say it very often laugh.gif ) withoot gettin a wee bit of luck back...

Ah lost an earring ma granny gave me and found it months later, so ye never know....and is it jist me that looks in places it couldny possibly be?

And Tammy, the blueberry tarts were ebslootly delicious...so ah finished them....
tammy
Java all 2 dozen of them??? huh.gif Well, I've just left a tray of veggies and dip, not sure how popular you'll be. You better get back in here and clean up your crumbs you left behind before Betty sees them!
Catherine
laugh.gif Two dozen of them...quick comeback Tammy that made me laugh.
Back up here, cannae sleep, thanks for all yer kind wishes guys.
tammy
Aww Catherine, sit yourself down pal, I saved you a fresh blueberry tart and I have the kettle on. Put your feet up and I'll fluff you a pillow on Betty's comfy couch and a nice wee blanket. Close youur eyes and relax. wub.gif
Catherine
FOUND IT FOUND IT FOUND IT !!!
Ah went over to the shop fifteen minutes afore it opened, phoned them with ma cell phone an they let me in tae look for it.....and ah walked right to it....therr it wis oan the floor!
Ahm still shakin.

Aw the staff came oot tae congratulate me, the Manager said you are one lucky woman as the store wis mobbed until it closed at six last night, two hours after ahd left it.

Thankyou Dad, Thankyou St Anthony and thankyou to all ma friends here for your support.
Ahm jist THRILLED.......an since ahd three anna hauf hoors sleep ahm off tae ma kip for a nap.
Here's hopin the two pots a Kick Ass coffee have lost their effect laugh.gif
marina
oh catherine im so glad for you

your dad guided you to it
wee sammy
I told you Catherine St Anthony would find it for you now for god sake dont lose it again still trying to figure out this msn and did figure out PMS laugh.gif
annie laurie
Terrific News
Now I want you to go to the jeweller and get a safety chain put on the braclet O>K>>>>>>>>>ASAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Because you cannae go thro that again, to hard on everybody rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Oh Catherine ,you just brightened my day .Now I can get tore into this place and work off some steam .They cheeky wee bu#$%^& that belong to Manky Frankie have made a mess on the stairs .I'll run oot and get some pipe clay and make them nice again .I gave the brasses a good polish and if I come across the wee devils I'll sort them out .Didn't have time to bake today so I'll just pick up something nice for a wee cup of tea .
stuarty
oh catherine you said in the return pm a sent you had a feelin it might be in there and was it were the wee wummins bag was, sleep well and please do as annte sugested a safty clip or chain oh jakka a scrubbed them stairs lastnight a think that manky frankies weans are sabbatours the wee bandits am gonny get a webcam on the entance so we can see whos been in and oot and that will stop the wee imps oh a nice cup of tea and a wee teacake tunnocks of course the best for betty,s hoose a hope you are doing well jakka oh this is bliss sitting with my feet up for ten mins wink.gif
marina
catherine have some
Angela Chick
Hi all, catherine so glad you found your bracelet your heart must have been in your mouth, i know how you feel but so glad its back where it belongs biggrin.gif
marina
hi angela how are you?
Angela Chick
Hello marina, i am ok thanks, my pc is on the blink i am on laurens just now while she is out biggrin.gif ours is getting fixed hopefully, the guy better fix it lol.

Hows things with you?.
Java
Tammy, I apologise fur eatin aw the tarts....ah feel sick noo blink.gif ...ma face is green and ma lips and tongue ur navy blue...(sexy or whit)....ah promise ah wont eat anythin else....well...mibees a wee cream...no...no....nothin....ah promise....an ah'm gonna do aw the dishes for a week....d'ye forgive me?...please....please....pretty please...pretty please wi sugar oan it....

(Catherine ah'm chuffed tae wee mint balls aboot yer bracelet hen..have a good wee sleep ....)
Isobel
ok great news Catherine. I'm so happy for you . All the prayers were answered. biggrin.gif
Gallusbisom
Tammy,
Jist a wee suggestion here-ah hid wan o ma mammy's earrings that she wiz offy fond of (she hid loast the other wan) an a hid it made inta a ring tae pass ontae wan o ma weans. Mind you ah could hiv made it intae a pendant but it the time ah never thoat o that. Ah hiv anither wan (Mum was a wee smasher but aye losing earings!) that ah will hiv done fur hir ither granddaughter.

Catherine,
Thrilled to bits that your bracelet turned up! Good things happen to good people. biggrin.gif
G.B.
Java
Gallus, it's lovely tae see ye....and that's a lovely idea....will ye hiv a wee cuppa hen?
toerag
Catherine,so glad you found your bracelet, your luck was in (thank yer daddy!!!) But it always pays to go back and ask, I work in a shop and this guy came in to day and said he had lost $70 yesterday and had it been turn in ,no it hudnae but $100 bill was handed in, but he said no his was twenties and tens!! So it always pays to ask!!
Catherine
Thanks so much guys for all yer kind wishes, anna loved ma hugs there Marina....ahv had a hauf hoor nap, managed tae visit ma pal an now ahm sittin oot the back readin ma Detective Harry Bosch...Oh whit a difference a day makes y'no!

Isobel how many times dae we aw say the power a prayer's a great thing eh?
Toerag that wis an honest man sure it was, I hope he finds his money.
Java we aw jist thoat ye werr back intae the punk stage...ahv a gravol somwherr pet, haud oan try an contain yersel next time an no leave us wae nothin {apart fae the secret plank but that's anither story heehawheehaw}

Yo Gallus, lovely tae see ye an it's your turn tae dae the dishes hen...no much chinjes dis it laugh.gif

Blowin ye's aw a kiss of thanks
marina
hi catherine i read harry bosch as well
Catherine
Hi Marina, I read Trunk Music and The Poet up at the cottage, jist on the last chapter of The Closers....all good reading.
Ah do like auld Harry laugh.gif
Who do ye imagine he looks like?
For some reason I see him looking like the guy who was in that British Police CID series a few years ago. Character name wis Tony?
I'll get the right name of both from ma pal tomorrow, she loved the programme.
marina
i just had my baby at the vet there, hes got a chronic ear infection and now hes in the huff with me and the wee one keeps spitting at him cos he smells the vet
stuarty
marina am sitting here visulising the cat spittin at the other cat you getting the durty looks what a rare tear the the hoose is the day am in stitches
laugh.gif
Java
There wis a wee gypsy wummin at the door sellin dusters an ah tried tae tell her we didny need ony, but she threatened tae pit a curse oan us. Ah tellt her we wid hide behind Catherine an laugh in the face of her curse but she pit the evil eye oan me so ah ended up with sixteen packetsa dusters and twinty seven clothes pegs....don't ask me how there's twinty seven...mibees she canny count in even numbers.....oh, and yees mibbees no want tae eat that lovely red apple she left....jist in case...

Dis anybuddy else think we could dae wi a wee bitta redecoratin' in here? Wid be a lovely surprise fur Betty when she gets back.
marina
ill get some candles au naturale have got some lovely ones tongue.gif
Isobel
Before you do all that ,could you please put the kettle on, a need a wee cupa. Its been the hotest day of the year,am exausted. Youngest daughter moved into her new house today. We were all sweating, good way to loose a few pounds. You know what forget the tea, a really good do with something stronger. rolleyes.gif
marina
heres a wee gee and tee tongue.gif
stratson
Come on girls, let's all party, make mine a wee cognac Marina, pit a wee splash o' ginger ale in it hen,
java, you could light the candles,
awe, is that no better. smile.gif
marina
aye but ill be keeping ma eye on aew a yea mind
marina
well ive got ma pillow and im off to bed goodnight all
Java
och is this candlelight flatterin or whit......ah think ah'll cairry wan wi me aw the time....ah look forty years younger....
stuarty
i would like a virgin pina colada ok that means no rum everything else laugh.gif
Isobel
I'l just huv a plain old rum and coke biggrin.gif
Elma
Scotch and Seven would be nice.......
marina
this is for annie and stratson and anybody else biggrin.gif

I see you are having problems posting pictures, didnt we all at one time or another
First, when you see a fancy image you like on a web page, save it to your computer for future use.
I have a Macintosh but I think the procedure is the same for all computers.
After you have clicked "add reply" the reply page will appear, so type in your message in the big box, scroll down to where it says "browse", click on that and the names of all the pictures stored on YOUR computer will come up, go through them and click on the picture you want to post and the name of your picture appears next to "browse". Then just click on "add reply" and you're done. Good luck!
George.

PS, the best kind of pictures to post are JPGs
Angela Chick
Marina i am just trying something here biggrin.gif
marina
hi angela, ill use that wee pic as my screen saver cos i love all shades of blue biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Hi marina its a nice pic eh? it was in my sample pics on the pc biggrin.gif
marina
yer some lassie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.