Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Java
Wisny me Stuarty, honest...the empty wan was on the holder when ah went in...this floor's jist lovely...ah feel like ah'm oan 'Come Dancin' or somethin....jist keep an eye oot fur wan of yer icy buns cos ah wis gettin carried away wi ma birlin and it jist kinda slipped oot mah hand..ah think it mighta went under the couch and ah did look but ah found a ten bob note under ther so ah'm away tae spend it....and naw Catherine..it wisny yours...ah checked the serial number..
Angela Chick
Betty called me the night had a great blether with her, she really enjoyed her holiday in Bulgaria,

She said to say hello to you all and hopefully she will be back online soon, she is a gem of a woman oor betty biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh java a hope that bun wont go foosty or betty wll bang our heids thegether well am just blacking the fire so it looks nice for the next yins in a couple of cream slices in the fridge enjoy and wipe the mess up laugh.gif
keelie gal
Glad to hear betty had a rerr terr on her hols ,sorry to hear she had such a long delay ochhh there's nothing worse eh !!!...well betty we are keeping yer wee butt n ben spick n span fer ye ,and i never eat any of the cream cakes ....honest laugh.gif
tammy
Well, the place is looking great. All ready for a party when Betty returns. Stuarty what is synthetic cream..is that an edible oil product? I think I'll stick to chocolate. Unless Jakka would like to leave some more of her home baked scones....mmmm. I've left a barbecue outside in teh garden too for the party, with all this nice weather I thought we might use it. Strung up some patio lanterns too. A quick check on the stairs and I'll be off. smile.gif
Java
There's been somebody roon today askin if ye want life insurance and double glazin so ah've given all yer numbers, okay? Ah've cleaned all the barbecue tools cos they were a wee bit rusty...oh and ah've arranged for a pool in the garden, so mind yerselfs in yer bikinis when that barbecue gets goin....
jakka13
Ah' jist went next door and told Mankie Frankie to keep his weans oot o' the pool or all uf us would gee him a lot of sorrow Bug%$^# the lot o' them .I put a lot of "Vol-au vents" in the fridge .They just need a couple of mins in the oven to warm up .I made a big batch of my famous punch and it's in the fridge .Java ,will you pick up some napkins for me .My weans are ariving in the morning and I might no get a chance to get by this week end .The shrimp "Vol'au'vents' stay cold and I hope someone eats them .I'm off to marinate some chicken for the BBQ tomorrow .Cheers Jakka
stuarty
oh javand jakka13 a cant resist prawn volavants a will only ave a few...........dozen and for my sins a cleaned and the lum the windows oh and the stair well as sombody weed out the corner so am doing it all on the graveyard shift ok huggles to all laugh.gif oh tammy you havent lived until you have eaten a synthetic cream with sticky icing on the top ask the inlaws cream rings also fantastic sorry oh java the insurance man asked for a bank card number a let him have yours ok doll
tammy
I've just dropped off some lovely steaks and a ceasar salad for the barbecue. Oh and some paper plates, who wants to do more dishes? rolleyes.gif Anyone hang up the patio lanterns?
Java
Jakka ah've got the napkins....luffly summery ones....so nobody use them please...paper disny grow on trees ye know....and yer vol au vents are delishus......Tammy ah've hung the lanterns but ah think we need a wee bit citronella...the midgies are everywhere....oh and ah've hired a pool boy.... wink.gif and no prob Stuarty...ye canny get blood out of a stone...
stuarty
nay bover java and citronella is fantastic a used to make my own sunoil up and add lavender and teatree and citronella virgin oliveoil and the smell was delish and it worked so am just passing it on oh a hope the party at tammys was good and a put some plug ins to mellow the mood and keep the ambeance of bettys going a wonder if big davys aboot to sort that window sash in the stair heid as its frayed and if it breakes the windy will smash so a put some home made carmel cake with the chocolate vermaccelli on top keep it in the fridge or it will go runny teres 30 pices in thet from a tray ok people enjoy woosh must do the washong bog time as a need to catch up on all my things so ta ta for now enjoy rolleyes.gif
jimmyd
The Dolly sisters !!! Catherine , and her lovely sister Joanne,whom I met a couple of years ago ,when she and husband John visited Aust.Ok Catherine ,your wish is my command biggrin.gif
Catherine
Cripes Jimmy ye kin see ma tonsils laugh.gif
Thanks pet.....that was us at the airport last night, they'll be home an tucked intae bed by now. What a laugh we had.

Back to reality here, boys eatin breakfast upsterrs before school.
Naturally ah forgot an ahv jist remembered ahv tae take in 27 cup cakes this mornin to Max's class.
Burly broon again here!!
Angela Chick
Lovely pic catherine you both look smashing biggrin.gif

Some tan ye got there lovely.
stuarty
yous look great a like happy faces in pics and catherine can a borrow your tan as am a lovely white colour glasgow tan its cald laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine you and your sister look very much alike..beautiful. wub.gif The party looks like it will be great at Betty's. Pool boy java? Naughty girl! HA!HA! Who's playing the music?
keelie gal
Catherine thats a lovely happy pic so it is you look fab,hope ye managed tae get yer cup cakes done pal wink.gif Tammy who's having the party ye know me pal not one to miss oot on a party and get ma frock on eh...lol
aaron king
Beauty as well as brains catherine rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Thanks guys for the lovely comments.....aaron ahv nae money left pet so ah cannae pay ye...oh hear ahv wan of thae wee cheques bouncin aboot somewherr, ah'll pit it in the mail fur ye laugh.gif

Keelie ye shoulda seen ma kitchen yesterday mornin, ah put doon the mixer in the bowl tae wipe a bit ahd spillt oan the flerr.....next thing ahd turned the bloody thing oan itsel in the bowl....ahd chocolate cake mix aw ower the joint, up the wa's doon the doors, the noise wis deafenin anna jist caught the baeth of them afore they smashed oan the flerr.....then ah ran oot of the wee paper cup things, two neighbours later am beltin back in the hoose an prayin a wee rub of the butter oan the bakin tray wid work cos they didnae have any either.

Ah goat up tae school at ten tae eleven, ahd chocolate aw ower me, herr wis like the hedge, sweat oan the tap lip an jist that general madwummin look tae me y'no...... an Max turnt roon an said 'aw are they chocolate ones mum, couldn't ye find any vanilla ones?'
Know that feelin ye get sometimes, like blood ower the brain....but....I am the adult, he is the child.....and it's all about the child.....so ah jist breathed deeply, looked intae his eyes an calmly said PICK A WINDAE!!!!
Wee bandit's sometimes sure they are, cripes if ye didnae laugh ye'd greet sometimes.
Elma
Oh Catherine, what a performance...... ohmy.gif

I bet all the wee boys enjoyed them even if they were chocolate.....lol
Java
Catherine ah'm killin masel here...yer mental... laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine I'll have Max's I love the chocolate ones! I've got a pretty good idea why Geoff does most of thecooking in your house now to pal! LOL! Oh my god, you're hilarious. Step away from the kitchen. laugh.gif
keelie gal
aww catherine im wettin maself here i can just imagine you ,aww bless ye pal ....pick a windae ...classic laugh.gif
jakka13
No been on for a couple of days .Great picture Catherine ,you and your sister are a per a' smashers .
I can just see you rushing about your kitchen with chocolate in your hair .Weans !!!! what would we do without them ?.
By the way guys and gals I made a big bowl of my famous punch and left it in the fridge .Remember it feels like your drinking fruit juice ,but it will blow your head off .
Catherine
Dear God therrs a reason they say weans are priceless eh.....whit they really mean is who the hell wid waant tae buy wan laugh.gif

Here guess whit, the morra ahm meetin auld grumpy fur lunch! Both him an Anne are up here the now seein their son an family, so weans are chartert oot tae foreign territory the morra an mammy here's joinin the adult world for lunch!

Ahm so lookin forward to it, Hubert an I have been pals since ah joined, yet wae him bein in Nevada it's always been too far away for him to get to any kind of Meet before.
Since they're only up here for a week it wis touch an go even to manage this so ahm awfy lucky his Highness Auld Grumpy has managed tae fit me intae the busy schedule.

Weemags is missed, ah'll phone her either the night or the morra, she's great pals wae the grumpy get annaw.

Ahm supposed tae be nippin doon tae see Donna an Karen the now, they're in the local lovely wee restaurant wae Donna's mum for dinner an ah'll jist join them to say cheerio tae Netta as she's flyin home at the weekend.
Wis at Jake's football game earlier therr......roll oan summer holidays, talk aboot jiggert!!
Y'all have a good night now y'hear.
tammy
Punch! You better believe it, I remember having a wee drink and that was 3 days ago! What is in it Jakka? I think next time I'll let Wee Sammy test it first! HA!HA! Oh well, I'll just do the stairs befoer I run out. Left some strawberry tarts in teh fridge if anyone wants one. smile.gif
jakka13
Hi Tammy I just had one of your wee strawberry tarts ,lovely !!.I needed a wee treat before I take the carpets oot and beat them .I'm going to do the brasses and I've telt Mankie Frankie's weans to stay off the stairs .We don't need them playing shops on the landing .Betty will be right pleased when she sees her wee house .Hurry hame Betty we miss your chat .
keelie gal
Lol.... laugh.gif jakka mankie frankie's weans thats a good wan pal ,right lassies just popping in fer a wee cuppa and to see if i can lend a hand ..tammy yer strawberry tarts look rerr there pal yummy so i will stick the kettle on for us all so we can all sit doon and have a wee blether
Catherine
Shift ower oan the couch therr Keelie, sbeen a busy two days pet!

Last day a school the day........picked up an delivert five Pizza boxes fur the Jakeyboys class doon in the park.....ah felt like the cavalry walkin in, the welcome ah goat..ye'd think they'd been in the desert fur forty days an nights an they'd only been doon in the park for an hour...wisnae even lunchtime yit! laugh.gif

Arranged a dinner last night for masel an other mums fae Max's class tae thank the class parent{person who organises everythin fur the teacher} ......furgoat tae tell her it wis in her honour an wis she the only wan that didnae turn up!
You stoap laughin Java.
Wis a fine dinner annaw, no sae fine this mornin gettin up mind you but that's the sign of a good night oot the night afore.

Negotiations goin oan the noo oot the front, Jake's wee pal waants a sleepover, his usual perty tricks waitin tae hauf one in the mornin afore wakin us aw up tae take him hame cos he's chinjed his mind......so we'll see!

Off tae phone weemags an catch up wae her, feel as if ahm chasin ma tail here an huv been for months.
Jaaka ah'll get back to ye pet xxxxxx
Isobel
Well Catherine let me tell you it never ends. I spent all of last night down in Kathryn's class helping her clear it out .Friday is her last day. She is hoping that she gets a full time position at that school .She just loved it. So keep your fingers crossed guys.
Java
Aw Catherine, such a short time an yet ye already know me so well.....ah'm still laughin at ye noo an ah read it four hoors ago....if mine wurny aw grown up ah wid be modellin masel oan ye cos fur sure yer up fur some kinda bam...ah mean mam.. of the year award.....

So wur ye up in the middle o the night or no?...(bet ye wur!) laugh.gif
Gemini
THOAT AH'D DRAP IN FUR A WEE CUPPA, NOTICED THE STAIRS WURNAE DUN WHOSE TURN WIS IT AH NO IT WISNAE MINE, WELL AHVE PIT THE KETTLE OAN OH MY AH HEAR SINGING IS THAT OOR ANDY, JIMMY AN SHAMUS COMING DOON THE HILL LOOKS LIKE THEYVE GOAT FISH SUPPERS IN HAND FREAT AH FEEL LIKE WAN O THEM, HEY JAKKA HURRY HEN GET THE PLATES OOT WHO TOOK MAH BAILEYS GOSH ALMIGHTY THERES NAE VODKA FUR BETTY OH IS SHE GONNAE BE MAD WAIT AHLL RUN OOT AN GIT A BOATLE TELL THEM NO TAE EAT AWE THE FISH SUPPERS BE RIGHT BACK HERE MARION GIE THE ROOM A WEE VACUUM WULL YE THANKS HEN BE RIGHT BACK GOSH HERES OOR BETTY DONT TELL HER ABOOT NAE VODKA AHLL RUN AW THE WAY JIST KEEP HER BUSY TAE AH GET BACK ohmy.gif
Java
Okay, ah'll take the blame fur the stairs...ah goat distracted wi the pool boy....but ah'm definately no takin the blame fur the baileys or the vodka..... ah'm pretty sure ah saw that Isobel an Keelie lookin aw mischevious when they wur in.....
Catherine
Cripes ah jist started readin earlier therr an wis therr no the biggest crack a lightenin an thunder aw at the wan time.....power zoomed oot then back oan in a jiffy, but ma haun hud been oan the mouse an ahd shot aff it wae the fright!

Turnt the computer aff, ran upsterrs wae the tinglin goin doon ma arm an said tae Jake ah think ah jist goat an electric shock .....he jist looked at me as if ah wis stupit an gave that exassssperated eye roll that ye kin only dae when yer eight an a hauf, an said naw ye didnae mum... the mouse hus goat batteries init, it's wireless..so how kin ye get a shock ?
Here wis me aw ready tae start takin ma pulse annaw, wee smart arse laugh.gif

Ah see Ria's kiddin oan she didnae pummel the Baileys again, good wan Ria but we've aw heard it......an fillin up the vodka wae waater each time ye take the vodka oot disnae mean yer no drinkin the vodka pet.....looks good but disnae waash.
jakka13
Well just read this lot .Ria I've got a bottle of Irish Cream for you hen .I picked up a bottle of Vodka but I need some of it to make another bowl of my famous punch .That Tammy was the only one who said she had a couple but I found the bowl empty ?????
I washed the windows and took a quick dust around ,chased Mankie Frankies weans again ,wee bu$$%$s ,jist like their Da .
Next one in will you please bring tea ? we're getting low .
keelie gal
Right jakka thats me in pal and i have a box of tetley tea bags and a box of pg tips and a bottle of camp coffee 20 blue riband and a packet o rich tea biscuits and i stopped off at greggs fer some coconut ,macaroons and wee trifles tea anyone ???? wink.gif
tammy
It wasnae me honest! Fingers crossed behind my back. Oh Keelie you sound like you hit the jackpot of goodies pal. I'll just help you out there. Put the kettle on pal and let's sit and have a chat shall we. Oh and Catherine, let me tell you the eye rolling never goes away! Just more dramatic! So don't worry pal, you'll be thought of as old and out of the times and stupid for a few more years yet pal! LOL! So, just come and have a sit with Keelie and I. I'm pretty sure the missing vodka was some of those men nippin in here, I saw some suspicious large foot prints last time I did the stairs. unsure.gif
Isobel
Ok it wis me A really needed a wee voddi, jist to settle ma nerves.Come on in and join me a thought we could raise oor glasses in a toast to Davie and Shari. Did any of you remember they were getting hitched today?
Gemini
aye ah minded the day wis the big day "here's tae ye.Shari"n"Davey," best o' luck tae ye here's gies anither bailleys och where did ah pit it noo time fur a wee song tae serenade the happy hic couple

Oh maaah love is like a red red rose(hic) wub.gif

och Martin it wis speshul occshun
davyab44
Hullawrerrhowzigaun?........We heard ye wur huvvin' a wee o' trouble wae yur lack o' Baileys an' Voddie so we jist drapped in wae a boattul o' each fur yeez.
It wiz a rerr wee waddin' an ma Shari wiz beeootifu l like knew she wid be.
Wur aw happy noo an' oan oor wey up tae ra Trossachs tae dae a wee bit winchin' an.........ach yuv goat ra idea, hint ye?

Take care all and thanks again for all the kind thoughts and best wishes.

Very sincerely...to our GGBB Friends....Shari & Davy

......................................( Mr. & Mrs. McKnight ) wub.gif
Catherine
Congratulations again Davy, lookin forward to seein those photo's of yourself and yer beautiful bride .
Yer both living proof that happiness really can jist around the next corner biggrin.gif
stuarty
hello mr and mrs McKnight and shari a bet that sounds funny well a will have a nice wee cocktail of pineapple juice coconut creame and lemonade with crushed ice and great for all the drivers in betty,s house or a nice pineapple n blackcurrent with lots of crushed ice and a quench buster for the hot weather enjoy and a will leave a couple of cheese cakes in the fridge strawberry or blackcurrent and a cleaned the cludge as it was minging again a think manky franky nicked the bog rolls thats the 5th one in 2 days a will muller them if a catch them up to their old tricks selling bog rolls 2 for 50pence the wee skunners still a put a trakker bleep on the last yin so sombody is on a roll looking for it noo ok peeps am offski enjoy see ya woosh laugh.gif
jakka13
Best wishes Mr & mrs Mc Knight .Hope your day was wonderful .
Looking forward to seeing pictures of you both .It was a real pleasure meeting you in TO .Hope we can all make it to the next one .I raise my glass to you both ,wishing you good health ,wealth and a great deal of happiness .Cheers Jean xx
keelie gal
Congratulations mr mrs mc knight all the very best to you both,looking forward to seeing all the lovely pictures of you both wub.gif
tammy
Ok I've bought a very large cooler and have filled it with loads of ice for all the drinks to be kept cold in the heat wave. The ice won't melt for a t least 7 days it says. And Davy and Shari, there is a special bottle of champagne chilling for the two of you when you pop in. I've left it full of every kind of beverage you can imagine so nobody can complain they've nothing when they come in. I've put a few bags of crisps in the cupboards too. Now where is that fan? I'm talking to a man about setting up Betty's wee hoose with air conditioning. Oh I'll just give the place a wee dust before I leave. wub.gif
keelie gal
Hi Tammy wit a wee star you are to bring the cooler and lots of ice just gonna enjoy downing some ice tea ,and i found a big fan under the stairs in the cupboard so i have the thing going full pelt at the moment well i need it as i have just finished doing the rugs again noo im jiggered and i have stuck all the nets oot on the line to dry once i have had ma tea i will wash all the windows then i will crack on and do us all a nice florida salad fer tea if anyone is peckish wink.gif
tammy
Keelie you're a star doing all that cleaning pal. I washed the windows inside and out, so we can see who's coming and going! What is in a Florida salad? Sounds good. I'll just sit down here and wait for you to make it pal. Ahh that fan feels lovely in this heat. wub.gif
Isobel
Gees am real pleased you are getting the place ready fur the big party.God a cant wait for all ma pampering . See if that France dont win, mibe all get the runner up prize. Oh af got ma fingers crossed.
Isobel
Really tired didn't get much sleep last night. As you know we are only back from England two weeks. Well things are not looking great over there. Oldest brother going over on Monday,Jim and I have just booked another trip. We arrive on Oct 10th for two weeks. Its a nightmare really, had such a problem getting bed and breakfast. The prices are unreal. We ended up getting what is I am told a good deal 70 pound a night. Makes for an expensive trip. But what can you do ,it is Jim's dad .You just never know how you might end up yourself. God wiling not in a home. Anyway thank god for visa.
Java
Aw Isobel....I think ye might have run into dates for the half term school holidays there and the prices always go up around those dates...particularly in places like Devon & Cornwall....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.