Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
kas
dear marg..u've got me greeting! that is such wonderful news. jessiemac & i were praying all would go well for u..we didn't know what we were praying for, just that u were going for a scan! i'm so happy u shared the news with all us friends here & betty's house is the best place to celebrate it in! this is ur yr marg..so kick up ur heels & scream w/delight u deserve it!
thistle46
What great news Marg. You take care of yourself and keep well.

So nice talking to you in chat last week. Hope for a wee blether sometime soon...thistle
ladykate
This is a great place for your news Marg,Im so Happy for you hen what a load has been lifted from your shoulders.
You take care of yourself god bless.
kate
Catherine
Hi Marg, betty sends her love straight to you and will be in touch when her computer gets back from the shop, hopefully in the next few days. I've to give ye these from her X X X X X X X X X X ...Och tae hell, might as well gie ye some masel pet, kisses are good right!! X X X X X X X X X X
ca,ppp,doremi
Just spoke with Marg by telephone, and she sure is one happy Camper. Way to go kiddo. Another feather in yer ATTITUDE eh?LOL. yer pal Rena wink.gif
jimmyd
Am so happy for you Marg,know it has been bothering you.Life is sweet Eh!!! tongue.gif
maggie2
Marg I am so glad for you!! I am sure this is such a relief for you?
You had so many friends rootin for you! so I know you are a nice lady! and I hope we will become friends too...... biggrin.gif
Marion Dougan
Good to see you posting Maggie 2. Geeze a wagon wheel wie a wee cuppa tea, wull ye Maggie, please. Hope Betty comes back soon, a canny fun the vodka, that rid wine geeze ma a sare heed.
Whit we aw dain the night? onybudy else comin uwer??/ Well.... in walks Catherine an Melody, six big strawberrt tarts, A'll hae wan o them shouts Jimmy D. Aye no afore me shouts Marion. I's gittin cauld in here Jimmy, git another bucket o coal, am mind make sare the electric meters goat money, telly anaw
isa
biggrin.gif hya marg,
I know I don't really know you, but I was just reading your post, I know what you wen't through and I am soooo pleased for you, all my love and huggies, isa
Marg
My but I never knew I had so many friends here but that goes to show that GG is a special place thank you all again for your kind words here in pm's and e-mails .Rena just got the pm posted right back with catherine's number tried to call but line was busy . Thank you one and all again wub.gif
jimmyd
Hey in all the excitement,forgot to welcome Isa tae the boards.Hope you enjoy your stay with us love.Just join in and have your say. Always remember ma Maw saying to me,when I left for to join the Merchant Navy,all of 16 mind you. "Noo if ye get loast,jist remember ye hiv a good Scots tongue in your heid,don't you be feart tae ask", so Isa mind whit she says.
isa
Jimmy,
thankyou sooo much for the warm welcome, and I will bare that in mind, lol, my hubby would say, oh she has the tongue and she is never afraid to use it,hehehe.
maggie2
Hello Isa, I am new here too, and just finding my way around! But let me welcome you too!this is a nice site, lots of trips down memory lane,I have been in the chat room and met a lot of nice people there too.I don't remember who posted it but the site on tea and biscuits is full of interesting stuff!I found out that they no longer make Royal Scot biscuits! sad.gif I used to jam two together then ice the top and put those wee sprinkles on and voila! I had "made" my own empire biscuits, the were good too....I have a recipe, somewhere here for them, but it has been a while since I made them, I had to triple the recipe as my three were eating them as fast as I could ice them!!I also make an easy recipe here for wee bakewell tarts, even though kids are grown I have to say "keep your mitts off, there for company!!!" My American friends love them!!
Marg
Welcome Isa, I think I missed a few to welcome in the last month if so I'm sorry for I like to welcome everyone when they come aboard the GG site it's so like family here. smile.gif
Gemini
welcome Isa tae the land of nod, jine in hen onything oan yer mind jist post here, and Maggie2 if ah hud know yoo wir in Charleston ah wid huv paid yoo a visit and goat sum of them empire biscuits wis there 2 years ago and loved it. wub.gif
Fearn
QUOTE (maggie2 @ 3rd Oct 2003, 08:10 AM)
I also make an easy recipe here for wee bakewell tarts, even though kids are grown I have to say "keep your mitts off, there for company!!!" My American friends love them!!

Post the Bakewell recipe here please - I'm told anything goes on this thread (Martin's no listenin'!) biggrin.gif
isa
hello,
you are all too kind, it is nice to get a warm welcome, i sometimes feel as if i am in all your living rooms.
Isa
maggie2
Fearn I posted it on Marions Chocolate Biscuits site. can you not look at it there?
Fearn
QUOTE (maggie2 @ 3rd Oct 2003, 07:41 PM)
Fearn I posted it on Marions Chocolate Biscuits site. can you not look at it there?

Got it now - thanks - guess our posts crossed!
Catherine
Oh that's good tae hear Isa...dae us a favour hen an the next time ye feel the livin room urge, gie it a quick hoover laugh.gif Welcome aboard, God bless ye an help ye, ye'll need aw the help ye kin get!!
maggie2
Gemini I am glad you liked your visit here...if your ever back this way I'll have the tea on!! you can bring the tunnocks!
sjmac
G'day Isa, hivny been oan the board fur a week or so. Welcome,ahn don't listen tae that Catherine cos she'd hae ye daen aw the wurk in Betty2's hoose ahn aw. The last time ah went in tae see Betty, Catherine hid me waashin aw the booz boatles ahn ah dont even drink! well no that much! well jist a wee droap. Ah bet hur man Geoff dis aw the wurk ahn looks efter the weans tae. Jean jist telt me she wis talkin tae ye in the chat room a cuple ah weeks ago. Ahn heres me thinkin ye jist jined the board. ah shood huv looked it yer profile.Catherine dont yoo caw me a bampot ah heard ye. cool.gif
sjmac
G'day maggie2, didny see yer post, if ah bring sum strawberry tarts kin ah get a cup ah tea tae, cos Jeans too busy lukin up recipies fur that user Tusker. While ahm oot ernin a crust, shees yakin tae yoo lot in the chat room. sno fer shur its no. Ah better take that back cos she jist broat me a cup ah coffee. Shes a wee smasher so she is. rolleyes.gif
maggie2
Ah Stuart ,we know how hard dunt ti! you are!! you better hope Jean doesn't read your post or you will be wearing that coffee sure enough!! LOL
Yes I enjoyed my chat , was planning on a visit tonight! but my back is not cooperating so I am resting!! with a wee visit to site before I go to bed!
betty2
Here ah um back oan line
Gled tae be back an feelin fine
fur the last 2 weeks ah went AWOL
aN BULEEVE YOU ME AH,VE BIN inmasel
The mother board oan ma pc blew
it wis a sad day fur betty2
but a few quid lighter here ah um again
back among the mad an insane
Ah'll be aw day readin aboot whits goin oan
an thank god am no longer alone rolleyes.gif
Mary48
Welcome back, Betty:)
ah've been sittin here wonderin who wis gaunnae jine me in a wee cuppa and some coffee buns.
Mind, runnin roon the board the wae you're gaunnae hufftae dae tae catch up ah dont think ye'll have time for the coffee bun...ye'd better plank it, hen:)
wife_of_sjmac
Hullo rerr Betty2, great tae hiv ye back oan the board,wis it you ur yer cumputer thit wis oan the panel. hope the baith ae ye ur feelin fine. yev goat heeps tae catch up oan here.Ye canny git away wae enythin here cos ah saw yer name oan the board statistics, so sit doon, pit yer feet up ahn ahl make us a wee cup ah tea ahn wan ae Tuskers coafy buns cos theyr smashin.Miby ye wid prifer sumthin a wee bit stronger,if so ahl get Teeny tae bring sum ae hur duty free she broat back.Catherines been makin Stuart ahn the uther boays cleen the hoose fur ye, so aw yeve goat tae dae is enjoy yersel. biggrin.gif
wife_of_sjmac
G'day Mary 48, did yoo get they caufy buns fae that sw..ne Tusker,he told me ah wis the oanly wan tae get eny.
Stupid Stuart set an alert on the computer for the George Negus program and we were late that night and got the message after it was finished." Was it on?" wub.gif
Mary48
LOL, Jean, naw hen..ah made thum masel...and their lovely:)
Where's Tusker been these days?

Sorry ah should have let ye know...it's supposed tae be oan oan the 22nd of October noo...they ltelt us last Wed when they were up but we heard later that it was gaunnae be the 22nd:)
betty2
thank you ladies for welcomin me back ah see yis huv kept the place neat,n,tidy in ma absence right now i,m havin a vodka an am gonny sit an watch celtic beat rangers rolleyes.gif will talk later
Mary48
Funny you should say that aboot having a vodka, hen, ah wis jist thinkin aboot going through and pouring masel a wee drink. Ma mind's made up...a drink it is!! LOL
see how ah needed ma errrum forced up ma back tae get me tae dae that?
wife_of_sjmac
Well if you two are having a drink I will have one as well, It's Saturday night, Stuarts sleeping on the couch, mouth wide open so I will just have a wee vodka lime and lemonade before I go to bed Its nearly eleven o clock so a suppose he is tired but I am ready for a wee party.
wee mags
Hi betty glad to see your computer is up and running again noo if you wid jist answer yir phone Iwid be gled Mags wink.gif
betty2
sorry mags when did yi phone ah huv been busy ma pals hubby is in the GRI huvin tests done so ah,ve been keepin betty(ma pal)company send me a pm with your phoneno and i,ll gladly return your call biggrin.gif
maggie2
Welcome back Betty, we haven't met but I hear a lot of nice things about you!
I have enjoyed reading the posts in your room and getting to know some of the people in here......... biggrin.gif
wee mags
guess whit jist happened ma phone rang and the yank answered it "its wan o yir scotish pals "and who wis on the othere end but Betty she got ma number from gemini and let me tell you it was a nice wee call like the others I have spoken to she was just like some one I have known all my life thanks for the call betty,noo gemini you will have a message on your phone fae me biggrin.gif
Mary48
Aw, that's lovely:)
What a lovely surprise for you!
wee mags
yir right mary it was like a friend was calling me and noo since she told me the celtic were scoring against the gers a think a hiv tae celebrate and since a dont drink am away tae buy some thing dont know whit but some thing biggrin.gif
Marion Dougan
Welcome Betty, we missed you,
Love,
Marion
Melody
Betty, you were right pal we won! Hello all!
hubert
Hey fitbas discussed in the sports section, Martin talk tae these wimmen!
Hail Hail! LoL
Melody
Aye and suppositories are talked aboot in the doctors!! Just you wait,( ruined my argument wi big al.) Hail Hail
Marg
Welcome back our Betty you surly were missed as well Melody where you been this past week or did I no see you here ?Just off the phone with Catherine had a lovely wee chat making arrangements to meet her next month.I can hardly wait!!!!
Melody
I've just decided to go to 'the barras' tomorrow, I'll have a mccallum in the cafe and may even have a hot doughnut while walking around the stalls. Anybody want anything when I'm there?
Marg
Sure sounds good to me I'll have what ever is easy , I'm a simple gal with simple tastes
Melody
Hello Marg, don't know where I was, thanks for the welcome. That's great your going to see each other, have a great time, do you want anything from 'the barra's?' rolleyes.gif
Mary48
Aw, Marg, that's great that you are going to meet up:)
looking forward to hearing about it!

Melody, just a recording of the sounds wid dae me fine, thanks:)
betty2
hello maggie2 glad you've joined the gang in here yir maist welcome but yiv huv tae take a turn o the sterrs hi hubert anither great day here in the east end o the city hail hail rolleyes.gif
Melody
Aw Mary, do you mean, ' here's the polis, run,' or the sounds of the music played there. I always think the music sounds great at 'the barras' I don't know why. Jump and I'll take you there!
Betty, the bhoys done well! Hail hail. smile.gif
Melody
Welcome Maggie2 , I'm the one that always has to make the tea and hand round the biscuits in here, Enjoy! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.