Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Marion Dougan
Tea naw!!! A want a Brandy tae warm me up, gosh it's bloody freezing oot therr. Move uwer Ria gies a wee shoat o the fire. Heather an Jimmy ur wie me, gie them a wee hauf hen. Heather disnae drink much bit she'll take onything the day. Werr is everywan? awfy quiet. Marion but n ben isnae much better, that why we came roon gere. Oh well drink up eh!!! Did ye hear aboot that wee wumin in # 22, poor wee soul....................
c/milk_resident_jimmy
Hi room, jimmy here to ask if you all could visit my website:

Error

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

and click on a few gooogle ads for me, the more the better i am trying to earn my site some revenue so i can upgrade, have loads of old pictures of glasgow and castlemilk but sadly i can't upload them to my site no room left thats why i need an upgrade please help, if you can it will cost you nothing but a bit of time, my site is about my family, nieces, nephews and my three kids also about castlemilk and glasgow.
hope you can help

jimmy

also a big big thank you to all that has visited my site from glasgow guide.

also if you have any idea's for my site or want me to put a request on one of my pages will be so glad to.
thanks again glasgow guide you are all very kind. smile.gif
Catherine
Hi Jimmy, it says your site can't be found. unsure.gif
c/milk_resident_jimmy
Error:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
c/milk_resident_jimmy
Error:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
jimmyd
Aye nice site Jimmy , lovely weans ,I clicked on all Yahoo etc thingys Noo how much merr do you expect from a soap dodging,jungle Jimmy,who is on the burroo, haha only kiddin pal nice site and good luck with it Jimmy biggrin.gif
Catherine
See ahm glad you know me Jimmyd...you knew ahd be lookin an thinkin whit's the google ad didn't ye! laugh.gif

Great wee site Jimmy, congratulations on such a lovely family.
keelie gal
Hi All Just poppin in tae say hello to you all wink.gif
marina
me tae keelie, how is everyone? hope you are all as well as can be x
stuarty
sorry bettys rooms been quiet as am frightened to say anything as it all endsup in a heated disscution so a hope a can sit have a cuppa tea and enjoy my tea put ma feet up ans am just gonny watch chewin th fat as ave hid sky for 13 tears and its a bummer a dint realise that bbc scotland nwews and awe that am lovin it cheers and a nice good royal scot biscut to dip in my tea oooh bliss wellcome in and bide with me ttfn huggles to all
wub.gif
tammy
Hi Stuarty,

Squish over pal, I'll have a cup of tea with ya and watch the show! Pass over a biscuit too. Ahh this is just what I needed. A good pal, a cup of tea and some laughs. Who's that chappin at the door I wonder? Come in....... smile.gif
Tori G
Just me Tori any room on that couch for me,...Hi Tammy Hi Stuarty. Right you two shuv over thought i'd come in for a cuppa too, suppose my cup has cobwebs by noo seeing I havent been in for a weee while ha ha. What type of biscuits are they, yum yum very nice thanks Stuarty I will have another. So how's work these days Tammy, real busy eh, did you get any bargins at the shops Stuarty....ahmmm ok I'll be quite. Wonder who else is coming over.
jakka13
Knock knock,youhoo,it's only me .Somebody open the door please ,my arms are full of fish and chips .I got a poke of penny onions and a couple of bottles of ginger .Oh,boy that's better ,let me get my coat off and then you can give me all the news.Where is our Betty? Do you think she went off somewhere warm? Wonder when she'll be back ?.I'll go and do the stairs after I eat my supper .We need to keep the place nice for her .I put a tin of shortbread in the press .We should just leave it there so she'll have something to nibble when she get's back .I think I hear somebody on the landin' must have smelled the chips .Now who can it be ?.
keelie gal
Hello lassies just popping in cause i knew you would have the kettle on so move over girls make room fer a wee one,and i have brought some fresh cream cakes with me biggrin.gif
tammy
well what more can we ask for...good friends with loads of good food! LOL! We better be careful or we won't fit back out the door! There goes our diets! Oh well. We'll have to work it off doing the cleaning. I've done the curtains and put away all the dishes and shaken out the rugs. Jakka you did a lovely job on the stairs. smile.gif
keelie gal
Tammy you have been busy pal now sit down and i will make you a nice cuppa,and you jakka two cuppa 's comming right up ladies wink.gif
Melody
dry.gif Wish somethin' exciting wid happen. Somebody dae somethin'.
keelie gal
I know melody i was thinking the same laugh.gif
wee mags
OOPS
tammy
are you alright Mags? What was that noise pal? ohmy.gif Aww thanks for the tea Keelie, you're a sweetheart.
c/milk_resident_jimmy
anyone know the date of this picture, it's dixen blazes on cathcart road were the cash and carry was ?
keelie gal
Hi Girls, just popping in to say hello there,and happy burns supper to all who will be tucking into the haggis tonite,well lassies im off to work now,but i willl pop back in soon fer a wee cuppa and a blether so see you all later wub.gif
marina
dont know jimmy maybe around 1910??? hi keelie
Gallusbisom
Maybe around the early 50's? My Gran wore an outfit like the one the lady has on. What we need here is a car buff to identify the auto in the pic. that would give us a ball park year.
marina
my husbands work is based at dixon blazes ill ask him to see if theyve got any old pictures of what it used to be like and if theres any dates
marina
jimmy i was just thinking there- you metioned the cash and carry (castle) but is this not where hutchie e used to be before that
Tori G
HI everyone, how you all doing,......Hi Gallusbisom, Your right about being around the early 50's date,.....I just checked the London Taxi History and those taxi's were built between 1946 and 1954 and that one in the photo could be a Fx3 and could be a Wolseley/oxford taxi made by Morris/Nuffield or Austin....Just thought you'd like to know, lol.....Tori.
keelie gal
Hello Folks just popping in fer a quick cuppa and a blether i see ye have the fire blaring again oh good as i was near frozen,i have brought my box of delights again yes fresh ceam cakes to share roon incase any of you was a wee bit peckish wink.gif
marina
oh keelie ill have the chocolate eclair please

tammy, when i was young i used to wash my grannies stairs for her and she always put this white powder in the water called kelpie i think, it brought the concrete up lovely and then she would give me 50p, that was a lot then and shes got 24 grand kids and 23 great grandkids
keelie gal
Marina i remember i used to do my grans stairs aswell and the white powder brings back memories,you're right it did bring the stairs up a treat eh! she used to give me ten bob aswell as you say it was alot in them days and i would be straight off to the looking glass in the arcade laugh.gif
Catherine
Yer gran gave ye 50pence Keelie?
Cripes ma gran gied us that anna perra tights {Ecru or Pewter grey} fur wur Christmas laugh.gif You's musta been toffs!!

Well Jimmy jist sent an email for the boys therr, the Kangaroo in his front garden an ah wis in hysterics wae max.
Wee sowel says mum ah think the Kangaroo knows wur names..he's talkin...listen.
Ah said darlin that's Jimmy talkin. Ah could see the wee penny actually draapin.
Oh ye's hud tae huv seen his face, Jimmy ye'd a killed yersel laughin.

Betty's no hooked up yet, misses everyone and is keepin well. She hopes tae be back soon though she's beginnin tae feel like a broken record she says.
jimmyd
Was just about to E mail you to see if you got them hen. Problem is I cannae get rid of him, he walks right in my door if left open. Whit is the problem with Betty's PC , anything we can help her with ?.
jakka13
Knock,knock, can I come back in ? I know what Betty must be going through .My beast has been down since last week but everything is now sorted and I'm back in business.Missed you all .I'm dying for a wee cup of tea .Keelie when I used to do the stairs we used a bar of stuff called Pipe Clay .Way before your time .
Catherine
Cripes Jean you must be dead auld laugh.gif
Good tae see ye back pet.

Ah think its jist coordinatin time between family and commitments Jimmy that's keepin betty fae gettin hooked up....oh hear ahm tellin a lie, she keeps gettin knocked aff that's whit it is, and needs one of the family to come down an sort it oot for her...an THAT'S whit the problem is. See...stick wae me an watch it aw go wrang, guffawguffawguffaw
boots
Hi folks, jist drapped in fur a meenit tae say hello. o thanks, hen Ah cannaestay fur tea. Ah'm oan ma wye tae meet afeen who's jist jined us on GG. Her name is islandgirl sae if yi bump intae her gie her a wave ur say hello, she's awfy shy til she gets tae know youse then it's a whole difrent pictchur! by noo.
islandgirl
wub.gif Hello all: I am not really shy - just felt that I might need to take a course in the Scottish vernacular. Looks like a great sight and I am looking forward to checking it out. These are very comfortable chairs wee Betty and the tea was delicious. My relatives hail from Aberdeen originally. Have you read about the terrible winds we have had on the West Coast? We were without power for nineteen hours last night and today. They tell us that there is another storm coming. Must go enjoyed my visit.
jimmyd
Welcome Island Girl just put the kettle for a wee cuppa love.Melody is bringing some Tunnocks caramel wafer biscuits

Here you lot am trying somthing oot here,doing it in here cause it; safe fae aw they bad boys on the other threads jist click on this

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=16509

Same as Clapton came up with ,but can post longer videos
hope it works
Gallusbisom
Is pipe clay. not the same stuff we used to draw beds? (Ye know the wans, ye hid tae fight fur a Kiwi tin [shoe polish tin] tae use as a peever-mind you ye hud tae pit a stane in it tae make it work right.) I remember my Mum edging the stairs with pipe clay when we lived on the Paisley Rd., as did all the ladies of that time. Where did they get the energy after scouring the door step, washing the stairs, doing the shopping, lighting the fire, doing the wash, washing the windows etc.
Hey here's a change, I wandered off "topic" again-thank goodness I am in Betty's and will not get maligned for it.
By the way, I brought I bunch of Empire Biscuites, Snowballs and Penguins, and some of that tea, you know the one, the one with the stamp on the package that your Mum always collected.
Enjoy
GB
keelie gal
Hello island girl grab a chair pal and i will nip intae bettys kitchen and makes us all a nice cuppa tea,im sure jakka n boots ye must be gasping fer a wee cuppa pals and catherine aswell must no ferget tammys coffee,right jakka wit biccys have ye got the day fer us wink.gif jimmy you want a wee cuppa aswell pal ochhh nae bother,comming right up
jakka13
Hi Gallusbisom,we did put a border on the stairs and pipe clay was used for peever beds .Now when you were listing all the stuff we had to do you forgot ,---- polishing the brasses ,changing nappies ,wiping noses ,shopping ,cooking ,the steamie ,sometimes with three peoples washing ,if you shared a stairhead toilet you had to clean that as well ,take the carpets out and beat them and then look nice for your man coming home from his hard day at workll!!!!!!.
Now lets put the kettle on and we'll all have a wee cup a' tea and one of your fancies. laugh.gif
keelie gal
God jakka awww that in one day phewwww we do not know we are born these days, i have a dishwasher, washing machine,tumble dryer and the only bit o brass i have is my letter box,so i take my hat off to you wummin fer in them days ye never had it easy wi the hoosework wink.gif
Chookie
Did somebody say Penguin biscuits? Ah'll be right therr!

Jimmy...."bad boys" is it? Yer bein' yer charitable, kind sel' Ah think. Ah know Ah know...yer Mammy brung ye up no' tae be rude. Me tae.

Island Girl...welcome. Bide in here. The neighbourhood's no' whit it wis. This is a wee safe hoose. Ye know, neeburrs come 'n' go and as they a' dae, neighbourhoods bounce back afore ye kin say GG! Wash up the tea things an' stoke the fire fur Betty's next visitors afore ye go. Mebbe nip oot the back door and doon the road fur a wee visit tae yer pal's Canadian content threed. Mebbe see ye in therr, eh?

Jakka et al...an' they call them the good auld days? sad.gif
Gallusbisom
It's me again, just had a wee cuppa and a wee currant bun. Yes, you are right Jakka I did not mention the brasses: the Family name was brass, usually, and got polished and sparkled every week (in oor hoose usually a Friday). In addition, these "smashin' wimen" went shopping every day for food (no refridgerators in those days-heck, not much food). Do you remember the bag your Mum had for potatoes? That was the one you took to the store to get the spuds. No plastic bags in those days. Did your Mum have a pulley (usually over the stove-brilliant thinking by the standards now days)-the washing, when she couldn't go to the steamie was hung there. One time the clothes went on fire, luckily my Uncle was in for his "dinner" i.e. lunch -from the docks and he put it out. I still have nightmares about that.
OK now I need another cup of tea and this time I am going to have a Blue Ribband.
annie laurie
Hello Island Girl.
Welcome, hope you have your power back, dont know what is worse rain, or Snow,
have a cup a Tea I think the teapot is always warm Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
Melody
Welcome Island Girl, I hope your weather will improve soon it's awful having no electricity. Enjoy yourself in here and feel free to put the kettle on in your in first. smile.gif Look forward to chatting with you.
tammy
Anyone for a piping hot , hot chocolate to warm you up? I've got it going here. wub.gif
tammy
Jakka never read your previous post pal. You sit yourself down adn put your feet up pal. No more scrubbing and cleaning in here for you! wub.gif
Angela Chick
Jimmyd the kanga was great and aw that sunshine ye got its no fair ye lucky man biggrin.gif
jimmyd
Did any of you manage open that wee video I posted , look up above you to my last post if you missed it . Just want to know if you had any problems opening it. biggrin.gif
jimmyd
Good Angela ,you must have posted just as I was writing lol biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.