Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jimmyd
Thought we could have a wee song in here .Right noo wan singer wan song,all together now !!!!

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
Ans so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight
A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear
And so this is Christmas
And what have we done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
Ans so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young
A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear
War is over over
If you want it
War is over
repeat
as often as you like !!!
keelie gal
hallo all,hope you all have a great christmas im sure everyone is busy at the mo running around,getting ready fer the big day,im all done wrapped up and rerring tae go now... wub.gif im singing away tae yer song jimmy,awww i love that wee xmas song so i do
jimmyd
Aye it's magic Keelie , am same as you the chorus keeps reverberating roon ma heid !!! biggrin.gif
Melody
This wee place is never the same without you Jimmyd it's so good to have you back hame. wink.gif Look even the fire is cheerier ah think ah'll hide yer shoes so ye canny go oot again. Ah'll gie ye them back when we go tae the iceskatin' in the Square.
wee mags
oops
stuarty
hello it getting harder to get on the boards a tried to tell you all a got a load of chirstmas special strawberry foodie tarts the all ta back of fridge so enjyo wae w nice wee cyppa i put th uro on thats in a stat timer just make sure the water is in it before you go am off to spend again and that is it ok peoplde okam tired sorry spelling is up the ying yang the day woooosh off a

go laugh.gif shhhhhhuping
keelie gal
Hallo how are we all today,just finished the food shopping ,done all the hoosework,just a few cards to stick through doors noo.i'll be glad when its xmas so i can get a wee break,must dash noo so have a great christmas all,hope santa is good to you all,awe the best wub.gif
Catherine
Merry Merry Keelie an aw the china's, it's gettin close eh!
Gie ye's a laugh
Ahm sittin here wae the cuppa tea, woke up aboot twenty mins ago thought ahd heard a noise.
Peeked oot the windae an it wis jist a neigbour comin home in a taxi so back intae bed goes I but ah couldnae get back to sleep so thought wee cuppa tea time.
Ahm in the kitchen waitin fur the kettle tae boil.....an then it starts.. mr imagination!
Ahm readin ' The Time travellers wife' the noo an all of a sudden ah thoat cripes mibbe it wis a Time Traveller ah heard an therr really is someone in here, talk aboot bein creeped oot!
Ahv the tumble dryer oan here an every light oan in the basement, talk aboot willin normalacy laugh.gif

Last day a school the day, woowoo.
Jist the food tae get in noo says she that's probably furgoat a hunner other things.
jimmyd
God !!! Maggie Habble right enough Catherine ,ghosties and ghoulies creepin roon yer basement .Well have to tell you weather here is very good today ,though windy and with all the dry undergrowth , we could be in big trouble bush fire wise. Right Melody have you got the Caramel wafers in yet,oh and Betty 2 where are the Snowballs .Since I am a man of Temperance at moment I will supply the ginger wine. My goad Marion it's sickenin in't it, ach ah will jist have a wee slosh of the Reisling just to keep you all company !!! song time noo

" Oh were here to amuse you
and not to abuse you
the song that you heard
sure it wasn't too bad
but with your kind attention
an old friend ah'l mention
we call on Archie to give us a song
Give the auld bugger merr beer !!! biggrin.gif
Catherine
{Sung tae a bycicle made fur two}

Archie Archie give us yer company do
We're all crazy, over the love of you
Ye might be a bit unsteady
It could be the lack of bevy
So in ye come an sit oan yer bum
Wherr we'll pour ye a drink or two .

{The sun has goat his hat aff}

Melody's goat her coat aff
Hip hip hip horray
The school is oot
We'll have a hoot
Moan come oan oot tae play!

{self explanatory, if ye don't get the tune yer thicker than me}

In the wee sma hours of the mornin
an Jimmy'll soon be off tae bed
He'll lie awake an wunner whit he's missed
but cannae help it he's too tired tae play
When yer wee heid hits apon the pilla
Jist rememberpal ...we are all still here
In the wee sma' hours of the mornin
Jist remember we'll keep ye a wee beer...night night jimmy

laugh.gif
Archie Millar
Jimmie! sounds tae me you've been hivvin' a wee swig frae ma boatle under the sink!.A told yi tae leave it alane,am comin' ower the morrow night tae the party so's a hope awe these wimen hiv gote the grub in.
stuarty
well a made nice we pressies and you can enjoy them dont open until after youve eaten and done all your drinks a couple of alkaseltzers ok see a pressie for one and all lol laugh.gif
Melody
Ah'm oot tae play noo! laugh.gif Ah canny believe it! Don't know whit ah'm daein sittin' here got millions tae dae. Have a great Christmas Eve pals. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tammy
Archie left you some sausage rolls and shortbread. Add to the other food everyone else left. Looks yummy. I've hung up a stocking with everyone's name so Santa doesn't miss anyone! Have a great Christmas with your families! wub.gif
jimmyd
Och Archie Hic!! ah hivnae been at yer boattle ,ahve chist been hivin a wee schlip oh yon windae cleaner schtuff hic!!! am sparklin clean inside an oot hic!! ah thoght when a looked unner the shink ,that wis yir boatle , ach weel !! heres tae brighter times hey hey !!!!! biggrin.gif
stuarty
jimmyd a better no let betty see you in that state get this coffee turkish thick stiff here jist keep drinkin it to get you sober shhhthey will think it wis me noo sit shush and ha a wee sleep ok the windows ar gleeming bit is smells like a brewery a better squirt the air freshner oot big time swwwwwwwwwoooooosssshhhhhhh every where ok am awy to sit ootsid fyr the sales the morra start buying for next year lol rolleyes.gif
tammy
Good thing you're in Stuarty! Looking after everyone. No sales for me though! I plan on relaxing for a few days! I plan on having my feet up a book, visiting with friends and family and having a nice drink or two! Oh I can't wait for this night to end! I hope everyone got spoiled by Santa! Enjoy the holiday season and look forward to a New Year with New beginnings. And who'll be the first foot in Betty's wee house? tongue.gif
jimmyd
Whit ah want tae know is , who stole the Currant Bun and wee hauf that was left oot for Santa??
tammy
Santa had! Jeesh! rolleyes.gif
Melody
I think ah'm startin' tae get chocolate cabin fever ohmy.gif Ah'll have tae hit the sales tomorrow, ah was desperate for this holiday but ah'm so used to being on the go the whole time that ah seem tae get edgy without a routine. It's no fair is it?
jimmyd
Sea change needed Melody , believe me it's no hard getting used to not having a routine. Ah sit and look at the empty toilet roll holder an think " ah wunner who's gonnae put a roll oan that " !! If ah wis any merr laid back ah wid faw ower. Who needs this come to sunny Aust and get the into the habit of doin nuttin hahah. Mind you ye wid miss ooor great wee toon to much hen. By the way I was a real Choccy freak , now ah don't bother with it .
Angela Chick
Hi all,

hope you's all had a lovely christmas, well a was looking forward to mine but lauren got the flu in the week running up to xmas, and a woke up on xmas morning feeling terrible, shivers, coughing,roasting wan minute freezing the next, you's aw know the feeling sad.gif been in ma bed since then and jist aboot managed tae crawl to the computer and write this post, mark is playing nurse maid to the both of us poor sod, anyway hopefully a will be on the mend for the bells, a better be cos am supposed to be going out.

Away back to ma bed av'e nae energy at aw.
stuarty
awe angela hen a wee cup of ginger and if allowed honey and some lemon a will leave you a cuppa hotchocolate for you and a hope you get well soon huggles cyber one mind a canny catch the flu as ave got a lot to doo like sort my tooth as ave got miming toothache a would rather ge birth to 20 weans than hive toothache laugh.gif
annabell
Hi Angela
I know how you feel I have been like that since Xmas Eve, had a bowl of soup for my Xmas dinner while everybody tucked in round about me, felt terrible last night the worst. Starting to feel better today have been taking vitamin c tablets.
Take Care Angela and have a good new year.

Hi Stuarty.
On reading Hot Chocolate just fancied one - going to make one now.
Toothache the worst thing, last time I had bad toothache was years ago went to bed with a bottle of whisky, rinsing my mouth with the whisky all night, dont know if I still had toothache in the morning to drunk.
You can tell I was a lot younger couldnt take whisky like that now.

Have a good New Year
Annabll
Isobel
A wee quick hello to all, sorry your under the weather Angela, never mind you still have a few days till nerdy. Hope you all had a great xmas,hope Santa was good to you . Betty are you having everyone at your wee place for the bells. I;LL bring some rum would you mind having the coke in. These bottles are dam heavy to carry.
annie laurie
Hello Angela Baby, sad.gif so sorry to hear you are not feeling so good,
Get losts of rest, like Stuarty says drink lots of liquids, and enjoy all the T>L>C> come 31st you will be in tip top shape to celebrate

[ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU & YOUR'S ]2006 is your best year yet,
Cheers.
stuarty
a just popped in for a wee cuppa imaginaory tea a a real one wont work as the pain goes seering up ma face what a bloomin nightmare a cant get a dentist for love nore money ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeee a good dsream will help for a wee while so am going to try a new place up the road ta ta for noo a hope your better angela hen tuck yourselfe up well se you later huggles wub.gif
keelie gal
Hi All,
well i had a lovely christmas and im looking forward to the bells stuarty and angela i hope you both get well soon..xxxxx,right betty wit times the party at youre gaff on nerdy,i will be early as i wanna get a good comfy chair..lol.....near the fire laugh.gif
Melody
Ye read my mind keelie gal ah was jist wondering if we were havin' a party or no this year, things have been that quiet in here recently. We'll need tae get this place shinin' like a new pin before the bells. 2006 who can believe it? Right we better get on with it pals, somebody'll need tae go tae the shops, ah'll go cause ye never know ah might meet ma Tommy up for Hogmanay! smile.gif
Heather
Stuarty, to help toothache get Bonjela. You rub it on the gums and it really helps. You can get it in any chemist.
Some people think it is only for babies, but I and a lot of adults I know use it. I keep some in the house.
Angela Chick
Hi all,

Managed tae get oot ma bed for a wee while, feeling a wee bit better smile.gif hate lying in bed makes ye feel worse, anyway be back tae ma old self soon a hope.
Melody
C'mon Angela get yer glad rags oan we're havin' a party.
Angela Chick
Melody a will need tae crawl tae the party smile.gif am still no feeling right that flu takes the feet fae ye pal
Melody
Aye but it's only yer feet Angela the rest o ye's ok laugh.gif Only kiddin' pal hope yer feeling better soon it's horrible that flu, take it easy.
jimmyd
Oh you poor wee thing Angela ,shame you are missin the party,cause am gonnae dae ma Elvis impression !! Hope you feel better the morrer. hen.
keelie gal
Whit time is the party then...ohhhh i canny wait laugh.gif
Melody
Keelie gal jist be ready at the drop of a hat and bring anything that ye might need till the end of January. Jist the usual Glesga Hogmanay party. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Hi pals,

Well thats me back to normal after the rotten flu, shame a missed jimmy's elvis impersonation biggrin.gif, am happy we flurry doon snow in glasgow the night a like tae see that, melody am ready for the party noo.
Melody
Aw good Angela I'm glad your feeling a lot better pal, dae ye know whit ah think ah'm comin' doon wi it!! sad.gif Aw Naw!!
marina
glad your better angela, sad to say ive got it now i was up alnight sniffing hankies with olbas oil in them
stuarty
can a come too as a need too sweat this flu oot of me melody give us an upbeat song one everybody dances too thanks rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Sorry to hear so many of you are under the weather .Stuarty ,you said you wanted to dance? well how about a getting a line going for YMCA that's just to get started .
Melody
Dancing Queen just for you Stuarty.

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the place to go
Where they play the right music, getting in the swing
You come in to look for a king
Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music’s high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You’re in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You’re a teaser, you turn ’em on
Leave them burning and then you’re gone
Looking out for another, anyone will do
You’re in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine
smile.gif
Catherine
Ahm jist up an gaun furra cuppa tea here, hate that when ye wake up an cannae get back tae sleep....but Dancin Queen's must dance, so ahm away tae get ma bell boattums oan, that's a good wee start tae the day Melody
Who's furr the slosh? laugh.gif
Melody
Hi ya Catherine it's a bit early fur me as well Dancing Queen ah mean or else it's a bit late in the day! laugh.gif
Catherine
Never too late tae get the auld bell boatums oan Melody .....though hauf five in the mornin's a furst fur me laugh.gif
How ye doin pet?
Jist watched aw the papers gettin delivert therr at the different neighbours hooses therr, wis lookin oot the windae waitin fur the kettle tae boil, very short temtaption tae go an mix them aw up furra laugh, wis huvin the wee chuckle tae masel as ahm comin back intae the kitchen an fell ower a book oan the flerr an near broke ma fit!
Sittin wae ma tea noo, turn up the beat hen an ah'll puul back the carpet, shoft shoe shuffle ready an waitin...
Catherine
See every noo an again ah surprise masel wae ma language skills...here's me yasin the temptaption wurd..ony idea whit it means? laugh.gif
jimmyd
'sawright Angela love ,ah never done ma Elvis impression ,naebody wid len me a coaffin LOL Oh!!! he is sick ! sick!! ah kin her you all sayin.!! Glad to see you are better . Melody you are in fine voice .Right ah hiv got the steak pies fae the Co butchers ( my god ah made hunners o them in Frank Boyle's butchers shoap in the Househillwood Rd ), need to go an get some totties and peas. Who is bringing the curran bun ???
Catherine
Ah'll make it fae scratch Jimmy...y'no how good a baker ahm are laugh.gif
How ye doin pet?
Here your twelve hoors in front Jimmy...whit's the weather like so's a no whit shoes tae pit oan the morra
Whit's everywan werrin?
jimmyd
Oh Baltic here Catherine cool change just came in an it's now 36 C am freezin ma brass medals aff here . Just put on your flip flops hen and your bikini.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.