Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Hi Annie computer is in better cindition than me biggrin.gif gonny take me sometime tae carch up, or maybe ah'll jist try an fit masel in . Huvnae the patience tae read back oan 3 months posts. Wis nice tae se.e ma wee hoose wis kept gouin durin ma absence

still here in glesca
stuarty
betty2 we would never let your wee room doon here a big pot of chicken broth that will stick to yur lungs and keep the heat in and ave got a big load o ootsiders in butter tae dip in thr soup enjoy a never put onion in it as it goes soor other wise ok a stoked lhe logs on the and fire guard is up incase it goes up in flames so betty enjoy your soup and hope your new glasses do the trick hen still a fine wee wumin happy days huggles stuarty wub.gif
betty2
Thanks stuarty lovey soup gonny take masel up the stairs and tuck masel in fur the night going shopping in the motning nite nite unsure.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Hi ya betty so good tae hiv ye back the lassie's will tell ye it wis nae the same withoot ye biggrin.gif as stuarty said we kept the place gleaming for ye, hopefully we will get a wee blether wae ye the night.
tammy
Hi Betty,

Welcome back pal! The tree is up and everyone put a decoration on it. The lights are up, and everyone put their personal decorating touches up around the house. We've shortbread in the tins, the cupboards are stocked with everything you can think of for a wee party and the kettle was kept ready for anyone who popped by. We've all taken turns doing our chores. That's me, just finished the stairs. Everyday someone popped by to see if you'd come back and put the kettle on after their shopping. wub.gif
keelie gal
AYE Betty we kept it spic and span fer ye and we had a few wee tea party's aswell...... well jakka kept making rum punch,shortbread and macaroons so it would have been rude no tae,but we all made sure we cleaned up after oorselves..... laugh.gif
betty2
Hi keelie gal and welcome huvnae hud the pleasure o meeting you but ah see you've settled in , nice tae huv yi tongue.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Put the milk boattles an the cat oot, locked aw doors an windaes. Took ma goonie aff the fireguard where it wis warmin, cos its gey cauld here the night. Its bedtime fur me g/nite an god bless

syill here un glesca
jakka13
Night Night ,Betty, great to have you in your wee hoose .It's cauld over here as well .They have a cold alert on right now, this is when it gets to cold for the homeless to be outside and they try and get everyone into shelters .Sad state of affairs isn't it ? They say the world is getting better everyday but not from my tired eyes .God Bless ,sleep tight .
Catherine
Hiya betty, how ye doin pet? Ah see Jimmy's back on too after bein away..mmmmmm..coincidence? laugh.gif

Oh well that's me up fur the day.....went last night up to mums pals and dropped off the Christmas presents as she's going home tomorrow and is takin the stuff fur me.
The usual, Joanne phones two hoors afore ah go...gaunni get me two mare things...
Wis freezin annaw Jakka yer right!

Ah got back in jist afore nine, Max meets me at the front door so straight up the sterrs we tippytoed an intae bed wae the book, wee leech at ma side!
Hud a great sleep so ah did after a busy weekend so ahm aw chirpy this mornin.

Geoff an the boys boat the biggest tree in the world oan Sunday therr, ahd tae take a chair up the stairs fae the livinroom, a set a lights don't work, therrs mare balls oan the flerr than oan the tree cos they faw doon everytime ye pass......ahv hoovert since the bloody thing came intae the hoose, but it's awfy braw if ah say so masel!

Ah promise tae go buy ma Christmas cards the day, PROMISE!
keelie gal
Hi Betty, thanks fer the welcome,ive had a rerr terr in yer wee hoose since you have been away,but its so nice to see ye back,catherine its freezing ower here as well,got ma heating on full blast all the time noo canny abide the cauld..Brrrrrrr,jakka are ye still busy making all yer wee xmas delights pal,put all my decs and tree up on sunday spent hours doing it and and dressed the tree tae perfection,came doon the stairs monday morning and the tree is lying across the floor,ma wee dug decided tae help herself tae the chocs and candy canes on the tree...AAAARRRGGGHH.. laugh.gif
stuarty
keelie am sorry aboot the tree and it deserves a treat poor wee thing give the wee dog a huggle from me stuarty unsure.gif
Catherine
Oh Keelie ye'v jist brought back a memory.
Ah mind a few years ago ma sister wis oot, somebody hud brought chocolates wrapped up an she didnae think anythin aboot puttin them under the Tree.
Came home an Dax the dug had got intae them.....the Tree wisnae touched but there wisnae a spot fae livinroom through tae dininroom through tae kitchen that wisnae covert in Sh.. , even up her blinds!
So ah guess ye could say ye werr lucky pet laugh.gif
betty2
Everybody is gettin intae the spirit o xmas, me included ma deccies are up , gtocery shop aw done jist waitin fur santa noo . Ah wunner ah wunner ah wunner?????? huh.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
My son had a Saint Bernard ,called Mookie .She ate about a pound of Hershey Kisses (wee chocolates covered in silver paper ) Every time she did a dump in the back yard it sparkled .
Now to get off the subject ,here's a wee delight easy to make ,anybody can do it . Forgotten Cookies.
Pre heat your oven to 375. Beat four egg whites and a tsp cream of tartar till you get stiff peaks . Gently fold in 3/4 cup sugar ,300gms chocolate chips and 300gms butterscotch chips . Drop by spoonfulls onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper . Put them in the oven .TURN THE OVEN OFF .Forget about them for at least three hours or until they are dry .They melt in your mouth.
Catherine
Oh sounds lovely Jakka, ahm gaun shoppin the morra annaw so ah'll jist pick a few things up an try that, boys will be thrilled as will be geoff laugh.gif
He's oot playin game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of poker the night, Jakey's ahint me watchin the Habs WINNIN ISOBEL!!!!!! naebudy's climbed the sterrs tae check oan Maxiboy, we're jist prayin he's conked it!

Bloody freezin here, bunty are you warm in Georgia? Wherrs Ria is she back doon therr annaw?

betty ah got yer card the day pet, thank you...mines comin soon, winkywinkwink, fingers crossed ah remember tae buy them faur less post them.
We'd planned tae get the boys taken again, hud a great photo but it widnae reprint.
Dam these proffesional photographers that pit do not copy oan the back.
Nae fun some folk sure they're no.
wee mags
Catherine try to see if some one has a scanner it might work rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
Hallo ladies....no long tae xmas noo eh!.I take it everyone is all busy getting ready fer the big day?.oh catherine and jakka ye hid me laughing aboot the wee dugs,aye there crafty wee souls so they are but cute wi it eh!and jakka thanks fer the recipe pal i will give them a go as they sound lush,well thats me done all ma shopping noo,all in and wrapped ready fer the big day,im going to my ma's fer xmas dinner then on the 27th were off to the highlands as my ma has booked a log cabin up there in drymsinie fer a week so we are gonna have the bells up there,hope we dont get snowed in,my ma has assured me there's two pubs and a shop there,so im no too worried,just gonna have tae dig oot the thermals and long johns eh!....has anybody else noticed that the shops all have sales on and selling stuff at half price,which is good but bizzare as it used to be the sales started boxing day rolleyes.gif
Angela Chick
Hi keelie, a bought ma daughter hair straightners which were priced at 45 but when a was paying for them she said they were reduced to 25 and i also got a free hairdryer with them not bad eh biggrin.gif
Melody
Oh good idea talk about nice things ah'm givin' maself the creeps thinking about horrible things like executions.
Seven days to work before the holidays hooray hooray it's a holi holi holiday. Oh days of eating chocolate and food and chocolate and food and drink and opening presents and lazing around and going to the theatre and dinners and food and drink and lazing around. That's heaven to me at this minute in time. laugh.gif Ah'm so tired ah'm thinking about havin' a wee Drambuie tae masel, but ah better no because ah'll jist regret it in the mornin' when ah've tae get up early again. Whit a life! See that Martin only allowin' one wee pathetic smilie it's s'no fair.
witshisname
Hi betty welcome back,hope i get to know ye as i'm pretty new to this site.
Melody
Hello whitshisname welcome to the boards, dae ye know that's a great name ye'v got there it's what I call a lot of people ye know because I'm hopeless with names. smile.gif
Melody
Will somebody wake me up when it's time for chocolate? See in order to keep this eighteen year old figure of mine ye canny eat chocolate................. ever.( Sorry Luceo) Except at Christmas then ye can eat chocolate any kind o chocolate ye kin eat milk chocolate, dark chocolate mixed up chocolate hot chocolate even. Oh ah'm away tae sleep noo wonder whit ah'll dream aboot? Ah know ah kin see they wee bubbles noo ye kin even eat bubbly chocolate if ye like. Night Night.
betty2
Hello whitrhisname welcome, huvnae worked oot whitgenderur rolleyes.gif no that it matters .

Melody (pal)therr you go talking aboot chocolate an merr chocolare (ah luv it)but wae this hietus hernia ah canny eat it. Bad spellin but who cares
Catherine I pit the boys picture from last year up but I guess they have changed since then. Ayear can make a big difference at their ages. Take care one an all

still here in glesca
Melody
Betty my pal ah wiz tryin' tae make a wee laugh but naebudy took me on. sad.gif
keelie gal
hello betty,hope all is well at youre end today....aww melody all this talk about chocolate is making me hungry so im gonna have to raid the biccy tin now laugh.gif
Archie Millar
Welcome Whitshisname,--Betty! he's obvious a man or if it wis a wuman it wid be whatsHERname anywey keep yir eye on ma bottle under the sink an' dont let them lassies at it, by-the-by I also suffer with a "Hiatus Hernia" wi me it means nae fries but she says "it dissnae stop you frum hivin' a drink".--- Honest!there's nae pleasure in anything noo-a-days!
betty2
Archie it wis efter ah poted a thought aboot that, jist pit it doon tae a senior moment biggrin.gif Its no the drink that bothers me its the mixers ah put in , well thats ma story onywey (gien a wee wink here)

Martin if by chance yiv popped in tae say helllo , cin ah ask "os therr ony chance o gettin extra smiley's ower the festive period. C/mon Martin humour me ah.ve no been well .

One can but try

Melody ma latesr tit bit is smoked abbeywood cheese eaten with grapes, its lovely, washed doon wae a wee vodka

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Hello all,

melody ssshhhh aboot chocolate cos am no allowed any no even a wee morcel sad.gif

hi betty hows tricks the day, a have just one more present to buy and thats me aw done thank god.
Melody
Hello pals oh it's gettin' excitin' noo sure it is? Aw Angela ah'm sorry ah forgot aboot you and chocolate, sorry ah said it again.
Only 6 working days till C-------- Day now!!!! The shops will no run oot will they?? Naw.
Angela Chick
Its aw right melody a know ye did nae mean it laugh.gif a will be thinking of aw you's when your stuffing yer faces and ye canny eat anymare,

The shops better no run oot ha ha
buntyq
Melody, now I know what to bring you if we ever get to meet. The one thing I dont have in my wee but'n'ben is a fireplace. I can just imagine you with your feet up sitting by the fire counting down all these days until -- (this is where you fill in your wish).
wub.gif Bunty
Melody
Hello ma darlin' Bunty sure ah'd be glad to see you whether ye had the C-------- or no, c'mon put yer feet up wi me here and tell me all yer wonderful stories c'mon ah'm waitin an the kettles on. smile.gif Tell me about the leerie and yer Mammy and that fella that had a notion of ye, and yer Daddy's big grey coat, oh ah loved those stories.
Angela Chick
Aye c'moan bunty a love good wee stories biggrin.gif
Melody
Here ah've got loads tae tell ye Bunty, ah'll write tonight.
keelie gal
So Do I Bunty wink.gif
Melody
Aw we've got lovely wee snowflakes on the board. smile.gif
stuarty
hello girls fond strawberry tarts this week and mmmmmmmmmmmmm they where yummy
morrison fresh cream cakes counter so wee all can have one for christmas betty half adozen for you to eat all by yorsrlf ok doll ever one 1 each ok as its noo fair on the rest of the crowd a bought a big tea urn as betty it will be pandimonium with everone wantin a cippa tea ok and if they keep an eye on it it will be fine but turn it off at 10 pm as wee dont want the place gone up in flames ave put a wee notice up ok everyone as wee need to clean as we go or they mice will be back and we dont want that noo ah peeple laugh.gif
keelie gal
Hallo everyone,are we all set fer christmas wub.gif
tammy
Hello all my friends...finally a day off..well I got off at 6:30am this morning. It's now 3pm and I have popped in with coffees with Carolan's cream for everyone and a non alcoholic for those that would prefer that. Freshly baked shortbread too. Ahhhh let's all sit a minute and put our feet up and take a momnet to relax from all the hustle and bustle of our holiday shopping and preparations. Let's have a toast..."to all my wonderful friends who pop in and out throughtout the days to make me smile". Enjoy! Don't worry Betty, I'll do the hoovering when we're done. Doesn't the tree look beautiful and all the lovely decorations we put up in your wee house for your return, just in time for Christmas!? It was a group effort. smile.gif
Tori G
Hi Betty Ladies and Gentlemen.
Looks like the place is all set for Christmas everyone, good on all of you.
As you all know I havent been in for awhile, thought I'd sit down and put my feet up for a wee breather, my heeds been going roon and roon for awhile now.
Normal life stress and awe. Its so nice to sit and ponder, in the tranquility of this wee room at the moment.
I can feel the spirit of Christmas cheer here and its filled with the friendship spirit too. Just what Ive needed.
jimmyd
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas
At oor we Bettys hoose Tra La La La
HO HO !! With my gut I can be the perfect Santa , anyone want to sit oan ma knee ? biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Hi all,

Och jimmy a will give your knee a miss dont wanna flatten you biggrin.gif

Anyways betty's is looking really festive, hunners a goodies in the fridge and cupboards, and wid ye look at that booze under the sink a think archie's been in here again stocking up, he dis nae take any chances when it comes to his wee tipple lol
keelie gal
AYE ...Will soon be time to tuck into all the goodies eh laugh.gif
Catherine
Aye well...... HO HO BLOODY HO!
With this bein the festive season, one jist waants the place nice sure one dis........company comin annaw that y'no!

So naturally....Ma microwaves packed it in, opent the door an somethin fell aff the ceilin of it, an noo ma all natural log burnin kidoan electic fires no workin either....went tae wrap some presents, monkeys huv took aff an feenished aw ma sellotape sure they huv, along wae yasin the paper fur therr 'crafts'...which is JIST WHIT AH NEED, THREE HUNNER MARE CRAFTS IN THE HOOSE! laugh.gif

Soon we'll aw be fightin in the hall puttin oan the snawsuits an hats an gloves an big muckelt boots an greetin an whinin oan the walk up the road tae school....tae pick anither three greetin an whinin wans then we'll aw seven of us trot back doon wae the major attitudes! Ah cannae wait.
Oh an it's blawin a gale an snawin annaw, minus 99....naturally.

Ither than that ma day's jist gaun fantastic....how yous aw daen pals xxxxxxxx
Marion Dougan
Catherine only you hen. Bit we aw know you love it. Our weather is a wee bit better an xmas eve we're gawn up tae 60 neh neh neh neh neh, rotten bugger so am um, int a??? A wish a hud yer energy hen, av cleaned a wee bit the day, so laundry an ironing the morra am done, oh naw av no wrapped ony presents yit, Bob aye diz it wie me. Ma wee Haydan leaves the morra fur Ohio, av never hud a xmas wae her yet, you aw know the story, well some o ye, so a juist huv tae grin an berr it, a kin dae it. Well a goat drunk as a skunk the other night, oh well a deserved it, didn't a ? AM STREACHIN THIS CHEMO INT A ? After the holidays I will do better, cut that wee rid boatle oot well.....no aw the gether ye know. Am a in Betty's or ma ain wee but n ben canny remember. Catch ye's aw efter
jakka13
Good to see you in Betty's Marion.Lucky you with the nice weather .Us poor souls up north here are frozen .It's like Catherine said cold and snowing . I've just about got everything done ,apart from my stitching .I'm going to make Millionairs Shortbread tomorrow and thats the lot .I think I might join you in a splash Marion but then maybe not I might make a mistake in the picture .I'm near going skelly as it is without taking back wrong stitches .Catherine here's a wee tip when wrapping presents ,instead of using cellotape use a glue stick .It only takes one hand and it works a treat .
jimmyd
Here oor Betty I have finally got that name up in ma wee But & Ben, A Glesga wummin here does ths folk art and she done it for me, have had 2 Scots holiday makers chappin oan ma door already
Melody
Jimmy that's magic! laugh.gif Betty will be delighted with that. How you doin'pal?
jimmyd
Doing fine Melody , hot and bothered here, temps very high extremely high fire danger at moment. Hope that auld Glesga saying " yer gonnae roast in hell " does not eventuate here Hahah !!! Thanks for your PM worked wonders!!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.