Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
tammy
Nah they'll be undercover..sneaky types they are. wink.gif
Melody
Ah don't think we'll ever see them Tammy. laugh.gif
annie laurie
back again, had to stop for lunch,
Naw Cathereine Doll, i dont believe I would know any of them if they turned up in my soup, [my dad favourite expression,:-))}wonder really do you thnk there is another meaning of adult discussuons?????????? cool.gif
Melody
Naw Annie whit could it be? Adult means means big folk and discussion means talkin'. How ye doin' pal? Mornin' Boots and all. smile.gif
stuarty
sorry a went away sitting with my thoughts a boot the last few days as ave hid a lot to deal with am ok a think tak care a scrubbed the cludgy so thats another diety job done always flush and put lid dow after use thank you and a had a nice snow cake aff the milkman oh a pid the bill ok enjoy the cake ttfn smile.gif
jakka13
Good to see you back Stuarty,I was reading back a few posts and I think when they say adults it means the ones who don't know how to have a bit of good clean fun and nonsense .That's what stops us lot from being adults .Me im just a lassie at heart .
stuarty
are you ok a cleand the loo as thats what a do when am tryig to get things worked oot in ma head as its one thing after another and another and its been like this since july we must be the whole lot of bad luck for uk and still hapennin sisterinlaw who had 3 strokes and is still in hospital since july took another today she lost her sight last one a dont think shes going to make it a just get that gut feeling
Isobel
Hi guys i'v gone back a few pages and I dont see Betty. What is going on. Is she ok? I dont get to spend as much time on here as I would like . Kathryn uses it for her classroom work , and Jim is working from home quite a bit. So I know I have missed a lot. Also not been great myself. So someone please tell me what is wrong with Betty.
Archie Millar

A hope aw'' yes wummen ur keepin' yir eyes aff ma bottle under the sink!.A'll be lookin' fur somethin' tae waarm me up as soon as a can get oot---its a wee bit slippy this mornin' an' a cannae get up the lane.
keelie gal
Hello Everyone just popping in tae say hello,nice wee pic there archie btw ..Annie i hope youre well and you get youre voice back soon wub.gif
tammy
There you go Archie Pal, I've cleared your walkway for you all the way to Betty's house. You shouldn't slip now I even put salt down for you. I've put the fire on and the paper is by the chair, so sit yourself down and have a wee drink and enjoy! Mind you leave your wet boots outside. Just finished cleaning the floors! Anyone decide where our christmas tree should go? I've left a batch of shortbread for you to have with your tea when you pop in throught your busy days. wub.gif
wee mags
Hi everyone Iam speaking on behalf of betty ,I was talking to her the day ,I had called a couple of times and she was not in ,so today my phone rang and there she wis frozen and her teeth chattering,I jist got in mags Ihave been christmas shopping the last couple of days ,its cauld the day ,and cin yae belive it ma computers no set up yet?,and Iam suffering from Withdrawl,nae computer yet says also tell every wan I expect ma hoose tae be kept clean tae a get back,and I am suffering from the nae pals syndrome.I said no tae worry betty,everyone misses you and they are awe stopping in no and then tae make sure the place is kept clean,noo get yir computer fixed and we awe kin get some chin waggin in wub.gif
Isobel
Thanks Mags I was wondering what was going on with Betty.
Kaz61
Thanks mags I too was wondering where Betty was....thought mibee she had been banned or sumthing unsure.gif

Ah've just arrived in Glesga had tae stand on the train all the way fae Dumfries......bliddy great so ah'm huvin a wee coffee in an internet cafe.

Just got aff the train and there wis a march on.......marching for refugees in Scotland and that.... and ah've just saw Tommy Sheridan heading it...........sorry but coming fae the backwaters ah dinnae see many famous/well known people.......tell ye whit he's got some tan......he's nearly ORANGE !!!!

So ah'm gonna go tae George Square and see whits gaun on cause that's where the march wis heading.

Sorry fur the rant but ah'm just passing time.
keelie gal
hallo all..... tammy i can just see the xmas tree will look magic over in that corner by the windae,wi all its sparkly lights ,and we can all see it a treat when were all huddled roon the fire wi oor cuppas n shortbread,noo saying that tammy yer gonna have tae make more shortbread hen,fer the last batch went doon a treat me and stuarty are just making a few big slabs of caramel cake,well stuarty will be making the cakes and well me i will be the wee kitchen hand,making sure everythings all clean and spick in span canny have betty coming hame and seeing the kitchen a mess an me gettin telt aff,whooshhhh wit was that.. aye stuarty nae bother pal i'll have the dishes done pronto pal... laugh.gif
Archie Millar
Am aff tae the local supermarket --they're sellin' "Teachers Whisky" fur 8.69 but, yi can only hiv two bottles,so she can go through the checkout wi two an' a'll go through another wan wi another two---a'm no daft, so, a'll be puttin' wan under the sink fur next week laugh.gif
keelie gal
Good On Ye Archie laugh.gif
stuarty
the tree is a cracker a put ma wee special baubble on it as it is aboot 40 years auld oh the shortbread is yummy and made withe butter yummy oh a better clean they crumbs up so hoovers on ok tea is great just right to go oot into city centre to get ma wee pressies as they go around the tree so it looks pretty woooooosh ttfn wub.gif
jakka13
I just came in after a busy week with out of town visitors .It sounds like you've all been takin' care of Betty's hoose .I make lot's of decorations so I'll bring some for the treee .Tammy great idea to get the tree up for Betty.I've brought some home made rum balls and home made macaroon bars .Anybody want me to bring anything else ?I love to make stuff.
Catherine
Cripes ye miss the auld bat don't ye!

See therrs method in ma madness, if betty fur wan minute gets wind ahv called her an auld bat she'll be in here afore ye kin say winkie.....Moan betty shift it wid ye!!!!

Place is lookin smashin guys, ye's huv done a rerr job. Ma nails
are nearly dry so ah'll be in tae help shortly kinda mibbe cos this is a new polish ahm tryin oot laugh.gif

Hoi Archie miny boattles dae ye think yer gaunni need, ye'v twelve unner the sink awready pet.
Mags hus AJ's picture been pit up in betty's mantle piece yit?
Here Jakka Hubert ferr loves the macaroon bars hen..jist watch yersel.
Archie Millar
A'm keepin' the bottles tae Betty comes back the we'll hiv a wee party,so wan o' you wimmen go oot an' get a bottle o' Irish creme fur Betty (if that's whit she's still drinking.
stuarty
here another bottle and a cot maselfa ready made pina colada wae nay rum in it jist incase awbody brings a wean in the room and myselfmind a did sime mini pitta breads stuffed with turkey ham watch they will be hot so dont burn your mooth ok peeps am just putting a big banner on the stairheid railrns saying welcome home betty jakka 13 mad it awe artistic an awe rat so its ded great a hope she comes back please try and come back soon love to all in the wee room wub.gif
keelie gal
aww jakka..them rum balls and macaroon bars sound yummy,i love the big banner on the stairheed yeese done well ladies,aye its all artistic and fancy,betty's gonna love it,the tree looks cracking noo that everybody has put up all the decorations,bettys gonna get a cracking suprise,i canny see archie sitting by the fire guess he's away doon the supermarket fer more whisky,stuarty pass me a pina colada pal i could just do wi one right noo tae wet ma whistle laugh.gif
Melody
Oh ah wish somethin' nice would happen. Even a wee laugh would be nice things seem awful monotonous sure they do?
It'll be too cauld in Keyboard Lane too hot in Over the Rainbow.
Whit aboot a Murder Mystery in Kelvingrove noo that could be good right who's volunteering tae be a character? What characters will we have? Ach come on somebody dae somethin' dae somethin'
unsure.gif
Angela Chick
Melody count me in for sure biggrin.gif as you say we need to do something afore we commit murder ourselves ha ha
Melody
Good girl Angela go dig oot any auld costumes ye kin find kinda Victoriana wid be good. Watch oot fur a dress for me like the big dress in the King and I, oh that wid fair cheer me up, pity it wid droon me as well laugh.gif Sure aw that swirlin' was magic. Right back oan track we 'll need the odd gents outfits as well Sherlock Holmes style and a maids outfit whit else?
keelie gal
Sounds good melody count me is aswell wink.gif hallo too everyone in bettys,hope yeese have still got the fire going and the kettle on oh wait a minnit theres jakka in the kitchen making rum balls and macaroons ohhh smells rerr so it does im away in fer a wee nibble canny resist it ....
Archie Millar
O'ch cimmoan a' a waant is a piece o' toasted cheese an' wee whisky frae under the sink!! - She's hud me oot shoppin' a' moarnin' an' am ready fur a swally, efter aw ma money she's spent---nae bliddy mer!!! sad.gif
Catherine
Right, no been on the day, ahm awa tae gie Archie a hauf anna wee chaser then ahm flyin ower tae somewherr..no sure yit...keep yer eye's open ..... ph34r.gif
stratson
Ah'd love a cognac wae some ginger ale, but a canny, will jist huv tae dribble at the mooth listenin tae aw yous hivin a swally, but a will get oot the fish net tights and ma maids uniform jist tae be lookin really sexy ye no whit a mean. A'mind when a could knock them fur ten, so ah'll jist keep dreamin' biggrin.gif
tammy
Right, I'm just in from shopping or should I say fighting the crowds, so I've had to pour myself a wee kahluha and milk...medicinal purposes of course. I'll jsut put my feet up for a minute. I've put a lovely pine wreath on the door with a red bow and some boughs on the mantle piece with some sparkly lights. It's startign to look very festive in here. Good job everyone!
Catherine
Place is lookin smashin Tammy, well done hen biggrin.gif

Ahm nearly finished the paintin..two walls left in the dinin room, livin room finished....get it ower wae is aw ah waant! Ahm sneezin, hauns no likin the paint, place like a midden but ahm nearly finished.

It's beena hard week, ma pal the street ower didnae make it and died.
Ye jist look at yer own weans an think how dae ye cope wae seven months notice fae beginnin tae end.
Hug yer ain the night pals.
wee mags
Catherine sorry to hear of your friends passing sad.gif
stuarty
catherine Ishe has gone but when you think of her shes near and still with you .My thoughts are with you hears a wee cuppa to get over the shock she is at rest now and a hope youre pain will ease with time wub.gif huggles to you and her family
Angela Chick
Catherine, am so very sorry to hear the news of your friend god bless her and her family,

A mind when a lost my dad, someone said to me "people give you advice when you have a baby but no one tells you what to do when you lose someone" at the time a thought that was a strange thing to say but i found it to be so true.
Catherine
Thanks Mags, Stuarty and Angela, it's been a very sad week for this wee community.
Mags you didnae meet her ah don't think, Diane wasn't a close friend of mine.....jist a normal mum fae the school that ah 'd blether wae when ah seen her....her husband, four year old and nine year old will have a very sad Christmas God love them all.

It really brings home to you that poem that Brenda put in, 'I wish you enough' doesn't it.
Angela ah know what ye mean, there's been Grief Councellors in the wee girls classroom this week which I think has been good for the kids as they're jist at that age where ye cannae pretend.

Anyway...so ahm paintin up a storm yesterday, trippin ower fae pillar tae post dukin in an oot wee spaces av created so's ah don't need tae move too much, ah took ma claes aff furra shower around six an ah think ahd mare paint oan ma claes than ahd pit oan the wa's!

Mags {she always likes tae hear ma colours}
The livin room is Monroe Bisque, accented with Yorkshire Tan......The dinin room is Monroe Bisque, all paints provided by Benjamin Moore at a great big bloody price! laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine, really sorry to hear about your friend. The poor kids. And the rest of the family too. What a sad thing to happen. I hope you get your painting finished soon and you have a wee break and a little of your splash! Have a wee biscuit pal. How is everyone else? How is your Christmas shopping and preparations going? smile.gif
severena
Catherine,sorry to hear about your friend. With such young children,she must have been a young Mum...That's you paintin again? seems tae me yur aiways up tae some kinda repair or paintin yer wee butt and ben..Tell me, are you going to Scotland for Christmas this year, or is yer Mum coming over? Regards to one and all..... wink.gif Rena
Tori G
Oh Catherine ma dear... so sorry to hear about your friend, such a young women and young family, please send them my condolences,...ahm no stoping long here,.. You take care of yourself too, okeydokey...my thoughts go out to all affected...
Melody
Mornin' all it's pitch black and cold here, ah don't want tae go tae work. sad.gif How could Tommy Kennedy no come doon an swish me away from all this? )Bet he's sunnin' himself somewhere marvellous as well. S'no fair. Ach ah'll be awright by teatime.
tammy
Melody, I hope you have a wonderful day at work today. Maybe someone will cheer you up unexpectedly! You just never know! Popped in and put the keetle on hoping ot see if anyone was about. The house looks lovely. Very festive. Lef tyou all some chocolates to snack on. Quickly did the stairs, I'm off for now. wub.gif
keelie gal
Tammy thanks fer the chocs pal they were yummy,the house does look so nice and christmassy,betty is gonna love it eh,everyone has done so well getting the house done up and keeping it spotless wub.gif
davyab44
if Oor Betty disnae get back here soon, Archie's gonny huv a' rat stuff in boattles unnur ra sink feenished....ah know, cos ah'v been helpin' im

Did ye no hear us singin' at ra tap o' oor lungs last night? wub.gif
stuarty
a hope wee bettys ok nearly 2months since shes been on but a sent in the ferrets to get rid oh the vermin lol and she will go nuts if she knew that as she has this place in order so betty get in and gees awe oor orders okdoky huggles davy get that maids outfit off not allowed in gg wub.gif
keelie gal
laugh.gif
stuarty
everybody betty,s back get the hoose top doller like noo or she will hiv oor guts fur garters so angela just a wee tad too the right with them silk curtains and cludggy is spick and span so she can have a wee bit o comfrt in the loo so a put a wee furry thing for her to sit on teas on milk in fridge ok away shopping noo bye wub.gif
betty2
Ah,ve jist popped in taew see if onybidy pit the tree up . will caw in later tae see if therrs ony callers tongue.gif

still here on glesca
Archie Millar
Nice tae see yi back!, look efter ma wee bottle under the sink!!
betty2
Hi Archie , hope both you and Nora are well . An yir boattle;s safe wae me rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
annie laurie
Hello Betty2

Welcome back, just in time for Christmas, are you all ready for Santa coming, ?
Is your comupter in "A" one condition noo, hope so, sure have missed you biggrin.gif Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.