Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
tammy
HA!HA! Awww Boots, you know I have forgiven you. In fact you know I had a good laugh about it! HA!HA! I never even was worried about it. After all we can all make mistakes and that was nothing. Just a bit of fun. It's easy to get confused reading all the latest on here. Hard to keep track of who's who some days.

Now, is this party a costume party????

Catherine how's your cold? Mine's almost all gone now. And the kids went back to school here! So, it's time to really party! YAY! Seriously what a relief. 2 weeks was a long time..especially for the grade 12's.

Where's Betty? Anyone know how she is doing? I did the stairs today..I think it was my turn. wub.gif
jakka13
Hi Stuarty, great feast , saw your picture in the gallery ,you look like two different people .Hope youv'e got your good spirit back . It seems to me that you have . I tried to post a picture of my husband and I with our oldest grand-son when he got inducted into the army but I didn't have any success. Carmella said if I sent it on to her she would post it for me ,but it's not in yet . I'll keep trying as I want to put one in from the birthday party in Nov . Keep your chin up hen , there are better days ahead.Cheers jakka
stuarty
you are to rihht ave got ma sense of houmour back am no hinging around any more feeling sorry formaself a found some snippits of chewin the fat and a was peeing myself laughing thnks for the complimant about ma photies as it does look like 2 different people a must take ma ayn photies as they seem to come oot better what a big heid am gettin who humpty dumpty totally round the twist noo and a used to love ma dancing aswell if a get a new lung watch oot clear the floor as am a commin dancing na bother twist slosh big box little box thats rave to everybody else am on a roll jakka 13 just feel good because a went tae ma 12 step recovery programme the night so greatfyl to be alive and thats a fact big huggle tay all biggrin.gif
karyn
hello can i join in? tried to read all the posts but ill be hear all night agggaain.... xxxxx karyn xxxx smile.gif
stuarty
karyn please dont ask as you are welcome to come and go whenever yae want hen but a know how you must be feeling when a joined a felt a was intruding and a felt unloved wanted and needed join in any time somtimes ive been told a come over rude and crittical and i canny understand iy as how can somboty know how am feeling if a dont know how their feelind if you get wat am saying its aw gobbledygook tae me wub.gif
jakka13
Karyn,you know everyone is welcome in Betty's . You don't have to come every day but just drop in when you can .You'll find if you just read back a couple of posts you can pick up the thread of the topic we're talkin about . Stuarty ,glad to hear your feeling better hen , there will be no holding you back ,life is to live and not be shut away . I finally mastered the posting pictures so I put one in of my wee great grand daughter . this is the picture I got the chart for and I'll stitch it . ttys jakka
karyn
thanks all ill get the jist soon xxxxxx biggrin.gif
reeba
hello peeps, this is a super wee smashin site(try sayin that efter a few swallies). Hope yerall well? I just joined today so heres hopin tae huv some convo wae yez aw sometime in the chat room n' kitchen. laugh.gif lol
karyn
reeba reeba undery underyy waaa heeeeeeee.. helloo tongue.gif
tammy
Welcome Reeba, it's your turn to do the stairs! laugh.gif
reeba
Thanx Tammy, dae yae know where I'll get a cake of white chalk tae help make the sters nice an clean lookin?lol

Oh and bye the way ah get that joke aw the time Karyn.
jakka13
Hi Reeba,welcome to the boards, you'll always find somebody here at Betty's. Once you've finished the stairs ,just put the kettle on and someone will come in soon ,Cheers Jakka13
tammy
I've even bought a brand new tea pot to celebrate everyone being in Betty's wee house again. Old and new friends alike. Any chocolate biscuits left? wub.gif
karyn
thers some a wub.gif bernethy in the top cupboard xxx
Catherine
Stuff the Abernethy's Karyn...Melody's stasha chocolate wans fae Markies is unner the thurd shelf in the press in the kitchen...right at the back but don't let oan tae Jimmyd or therr'll be nane left afore ye kin say winkie laugh.gif

Freezin here, cauld wind and damp..winters approachin though ye'd never no it wae the boys, they're still runnin aboot as much as they kin in the shorts an t'shurts!
Ahv ma fleece oan an long woollen skirt, sheepskin slippers and ahm cauld lookin at them....boys really huv nae brains dae they?
wee mags
wheres yir big red fleece cape ? tongue.gif
Catherine
Mags jist goat it back...a mum fae the school stole it an didnae gie it back till last week laugh.gif
She'd been over here in May, oot the back for a barbie an took it cos she wis frozen... then through the summer we didnae really see them...an noo she's jist moved intae the neighbourhood an unpacked.
Here ah boat anither wan last year, lilac wan annaw noo..the boys steal them aff me every mornin when they come doon for breakfast, so unbeknownst tae them Santa's goat them a wee dressin gown each fur their Christmas this year.
Ah thoat tae hell wae this...cripes ah end up bloody freezin in the mornin an their aw toasty in ma claes!
Huvin said that you kin hae wan noo when ye come annaw pet since we've goat two noo...so hurryup!

Package aff the day....hate tae tell ye but ah furgoat the bloody Thistles again Mags!!
How ye doin anyway grandma Amato?
wee mags
no bad and that Sarah is something she wont let me do anything to help so I just make diiner for her and Rich who thinks hes awe that noo ,its Sarahs birthday the morra and we are having a wee cake for her its a surprise wub.gif , I wonder when Betty will get her computer installed ?
Catherine
Spoke wae betty the other day there...seems she's still waitin..they said fifteen days to hook up the internet, now it's twenty six and she's fed up arguin wae somebody fae India oan the phone laugh.gif

Mags these two ahint me are in hysterics laughin, playin fitba wae a teddyberr ah might add!
So whit age is this wan for Sarah? What an early present she got eh....hope Richards daen the dishes. guffawguffawguffaw
How's Papa Mike...is he ower the shock yet?
wee mags
papa mike is drivin her daft she tells him to chill dad !!!
she will be 30 I cannae believe my wee lassie is thirty
Mike is so protective he gets nervous ,tells her do thid do that and ,so Sarah says ma take him home before I kill him will yae?
Richard is being very good as a matter of fact he called me tonight and said I would like you to come over tommorow night and have a wee birthday for her ,he was going to have a suprise party for her but she is a wee bit tired and he did not want to make her any more tired .big safty wae the wean wub.gif
tammy
Ah Catherine you're a doll! Telling us where the chocolate ones are! Yum! tongue.gif
Gemini
morning all afternoon whitever the case may be, Mags gled everything is okey dokey wi Sarah and wish her a happy birthday frae me. The hoose looks really nice and clean and ah broat some fern cakes wi me. Jist goat through daen mah kitchen again wis raining so much ah goat bored went an boat sum paint and get this "floor tile," Sunday ah painted then started oan the flair Monday took me tae Wednesday laying the tile doon but goat it dun no perfect mind yoo but it dis look good but ah,ll never dae that again bliddy knees and back wis killin me. Gettin, ready tae take aff again mibbe in another week
wee mags
Gemini if that was me I would still be on ma knees trying tae get up rolleyes.gif
keelie gal
just popping in tae say a big hello wub.gif
jakka13
Gemini,seeing as your back and knees are killing you ,I'll do your turn of the stairs . I brought in a City Bakers Halloween cake . You know the one with the face on it with the big fat cheeks? If you feel up to it maybe you cold put the kettle on and then have a wee rest .
reeba
Hello awbody,Halloween cake did ye say.yer a wee smasher ah could fer go a wee slice o the fat cheeks wi a wee cuppa anaw, cos ma feet ur killin me, wis up at the infirmary fur my bone scan,everythin ok thank Gawd jist gettin auld. Howzawyoosyinsdaein? Awriteahope?
stuarty
does onybody fancy some empire biscuts laugh.gif
reeba
och aye goan then I'll hiv wan.
reeba
dont tell me there aw scoffed awready.
karyn
ooow naw my mum buys them not like them no yuk lol sad.gif
Gemini
that halloween cakes sounds delicious jakka thanks alot hen kettles biling away and ta ever so fur daen the sterrs, bin awhile since I've bin oan an' ah see a lot of newcomers so ah'll welcome the lot oaf ye tae the hoose mind ye we huv tae keep it neat an' tidy, ah hear ye mags aboot trying tae get back up efter been doon oan the knees, but the big laff wis when ah wis doon at the home depot ah hud tae scrunch doon tae get sumthin an oh my gosh ah couldnae get back up ah hud tae ask a man tae help me wis mah face bliddy red sure maam he says laffin. Okay all tea's awe reddy there's cake empire bikkies fern cakes an abernathy dis onybody waant a wee sannie mibbee ah think there's a tin o' slamon in the cupboard if no there's definitely some jam in there we could huv a wee peece an'; jam. smile.gif
tammy
Gemini,

You're a wee angel...I'll have a piece with jam on it and a cup of tea. Thanks ever so much. I hope you told that weee man to stop his laughing at you once you were standing upright! What a bloody cheek! laugh.gif
buntyq
Hi, Gemini, whits this aboot your knees buckling. Wis yer knight in shining armor handsome? Av a feelin a'd be still on the flaer. Aw these cakes - dae ye hae any oatcakes wi butter? Did Kathy have her grand opening? wub.gif Bunty
stuarty
anybody fancy a iced bun way sinthetic cream in it a hid wan in dumfries and it was doon ma throat like a flash fanbloomintastic ma noes chin coverrd in icing an cream and a didny care who was watchin yummy wub.gif
jakka13
Gemini, a piece on jam sounds smashin . I've been on the trot for a couple of days now ,so would you please wrap it in paper and toss it oot the windae as I don't think I can climb the sters
stuarty
the greasproof af the plainbread with toast when a took it tae school soft caled but the smell oh neckta a shut my eyes and smell it noo that was when bread was bread no awe the additives noore days yumyumyumyumyumyumyumyumyum tazmainian devil eating it laugh.gif
stuarty
keelie angela elaine whit da yae think o the talent the night laugh.gif
keelie gal
pure brilliant stuarty ,look at us all dressed up and no where to go,so we might as well kick off a wee party here eh wit de ye think wink.gif
jakka13
Cin a cum in an' keep an eye oan yes aw. A widnae want tae see ony o' yi's gettin' hurted or any thing .I'll jist sit quiet in a corner wi ma knittin and I'll kick oot ony dodgy lookin creeps thit try an get in . I'll only let the good lookin nice boys in .God where ur ye Betty ?. Dae ye know the lassies ur hivin' a perty in your hoose?We really miss ye . I'll make sure they tidy up efter themselves . A wis gonny make a bowl o' my famous punch but I thought better ,because wance they taste it they'll never want tae leave .I made it for ma youngest lassies wedding shower which sterted at 2-00pm and they usually only last a couple o' hours but I saw the last lassie oot the door at 11-30pm .Showers ur eyways fur wimin, but ma punch goat such a name that the fellas wanted tae cum tae them as weel
Angela Chick
Jakka a could just go a wee glass of your famous punch right now sounds lovely mmmmmmm biggrin.gif
stuarty
well a got on the bus tae go dancin and my slit skirt split ma tights got riped and my heel got stuck doon a stank twisted ma ankle so what am a noo a punk gon wrong that is it ave hide ma fill a dancin bloomin shoes laugh.gif
keelie gal
jakka you are a wee diamond so ye are ,and anyway jakka a party would not be a good party withooot our jakka wub.gif
tammy
Oh Jakka, your punch sounds delicious! tongue.gif
jakka13
Here it is lassies,"JAKKA"S KNOCK OUT PUNCH"
12oz Rye,
12oz Vodka
24oz Orange juce
24ozGrapefruit juice.
I can Pinapple chunks in juice.
I bottle of Ginger ale (not ginger beer)
Maraschino cherrys Optional.
Chill everything . Mix it all together except Ginger ale .Just before serving add the Ginger ale and ice cubes.
ENJOY
Melody
hic...Hi ya Jakka ....hic.... laugh.gif My but that was good.
How you doing?
buntyq
Hi, Jakka, keep that for the next Big Meet. wub.gif Bunty
tammy
yum, now that I've read the ingredients I know it's good! But, potent I bet! laugh.gif
stuarty
can you make me one wihout the booze in it as i become like the incredible hulk ande a m evil and nasty so no doctoring ma drinks promise lassies an guys thank-you wub.gif
jakka13
Stuarty ,I would never think of doctoring your drink. If you like I;ll make you a Shirley Temple.Or some Hawaiian Punch.
stuarty
i would like the recipe for them as a get fedup drinking pineapple juic and ginger ale or if a push the boatout tomato juic with wostershire sauce ho how delightful ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.