Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jakka13
Congratulations Auntie Tammy . Great time this when another wee life comes into yours . Special for everyone concerned. Be sure and tell us her name . I love babies.Give her a wee cuddle from me when you can .Cheers Jakka.
marina
wahey!!!!!!!congratulations to you all
boots
Congratulations auntie Tammy and of course to Mom and Dad too. I'm sure you'll get the name soon but do you think you'll be able to post a picture of the wee lass before we go on our trip?
Rightnow I bet you're over the moon, never mind the rainbow.

Mags, the two Sarahs are both lovely. When is the new baby due and will she be a sister or a cousin to wee Sarah or your other wee beauty? Fiona is a lovely name, too bad papa doesn't like it. When I was pregnant with my first, I had a name picked out for a girl but not for the boy he turned out to be, he was referred to by that name for two days before he got his own.
Incidently, my aunt's name was Sarah which I think is lovely but I ran into the same type of oposition.

PS. I've just noticed, I've referred to your expected arrival as a girl, sorry, seems to be a habit with me.
Isobel
Congratulation to auntie Tammy , Remember and tell us the name. Going back 24 years when I was expecting my youngest daughter. I was so big all out front, I was carrying an extra 52 lbs. Everyone said it was a girl and they were right.
Now they just have ultra sounds and find out for sure. We only had ultra sounds if something was wrong.Changed Days
jakka13
Hi Betty,Just stopped in on my way to the artic tae get some ice fur the drinks. I guess you'll hing tight tae efter the horseshoe perty . Jist klick yer heels the'gether and you'll soon catch up . Give my best regards tae all who show up at the pub .Wish a could be wi' ye awe .Cheers jakka. I'm a wee bit homesick the night . mellow.gif
Tori G
Hi Betty2 how is ya, hope yer aright pet, have a nice weekend
betty2
Jist aboot back tae normal slowly gettin there . Melody Davy b44 says he wid meet yi oan a wan tae wan basis if yi wid come in yir red prada shoes, ha ha an guess whit he used tae be in the fire service, jist you're cuppa tea pal :rolleyes
using my son's pc just now but will be back asap on my own .

let me know about the meet with davy at the horseshoe whi is comin ??

still here in glesca
Melody
Fireman!!! Red Pradas!! Wan tae wan!!! In the name o the wee man ah widnae trust masel!!!!! laugh.gif
betty2
biggrin.gif ha ha if yir no gonny go can ah get a len o the prada;s

still here in glesca
Melody
Absolutely but can you trust yersel??????????
betty2
Sure ah can B fur brazent E fur electric TT well thats no fur teetotal an Y is fur young at heart an thats how ah spell ma name rolleyes.gif NOO UR YI GONNY LEN ME THE SHOES

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
Melody
Well .......whit's mine is yours ye know that, except when it comes tae men an Pradas but......................ah'll lend ye them this time, oh that was sore. laugh.gif Noo mind if it gets tae efter 12oclock ye'll turn intae a pumpkin..... if yer no hame in yer ain bed!!!!
marina
betty glad your back to your ain wee sel biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hi Betty,mind efter the Horseshoe meetin' you cin jist click the red Prada heels and come an jine us oan the boat . Have a good week-end .Hope yer back holds up we the Prada's and the fireman . Is that no the start o' a Harliquin Romance? Cheers Jakka.
tammy
Hi Everyone,

Baby girl is called Morgan, Helen, Sarah. The last two manes are after each grandmother. She is very cute. I definitely did a good job with the shopping. I'm done now except for My youngest's birthday this month and Christmas which I have already started! HA!HA! laugh.gif
boots
[COLOR=blue]Betty, glad to see you back, we've missed you. I hope this means your going to join us on our trip. You'll have to,cos Melody is going to need her Pradas, remember too what Melody told you, you have to be home by midnight.
Tammy, you niece wiill have a nice choice of names to choose from when she becomes a teenager and decides her parents chose the wrong one. I'm presuming she'll be known as Morgan right now. No pictures yet eh.
tammy
Glad you're feeling better Betty. Pillows are all fluffed and ready for you.

Boots, I don't think it's my place to put the photos on here. sad.gif
jakka13
Tammy .nice name. We would all love to see pictures. I wish I knew how to post pictures on here . I've got a great one of my wee cat .I started shopping for Christmas just after Christmas last year .I make up stockings for my girls and grand-daughters .I just see things on sale and buy 5 of them .If I left it all till later in the year it would cost me a fortune to buy everything all at once and I'd never get all the good stuff I collect all year.
Betty I hope you'r resting up and getting ready for your day out .Mind and come on the boat wi'us .Jakka
annie laurie
Hello Guys and Girls
Home you all got hame safely .
Lovely sunny mild day here in B>C>
Jakka great minds think a like I also shop all year round, when I see something on Sale, {that is the only way I buy now biggrin.gif ) less hassle all at once, My wee Mammy also did this, so I guess I inherited the trait, also does not feel like you are spending a whole bunch of money, at once,
had trouble getting on this morning, thought it was my computer again, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Meldoy did you get your shoes back O>K> in good condition, Cheers
Melody
Hi Annie well the shoes were a wee bit scuffed wi that Kaz an his carry on but ah've polished them up and ye widnae notice. laugh.gif
Hows tricks the day wi everybody?
davyab44
hello abody...here ah am usin' the computer at Hampden Park ( the man says ah could, when ah explained tae him who ah wiz ) every thin's O K jist hid a pint aaaat the Horseshoe ah furgoat ma glesses in the hoose blin as a bliddy bat so ah um,,,,,see yeez a' later biggrin.gif
Tori G
Hi Betty2,....hope yer doin awweright,....wont b long now bfore the meet at the horseshoe bar,....wish a could b there,....never mind a will b thinking of you all...

Good on ya Davvyb44,...yer no shy are ye,....thats wis a good idea,...theres libraries and internetcafe's you can use our there too,...should yi get stuck to find one,....oh sounds like yer gonna be in yer element annawe,....bhave yer self,...ha ha....

ah better go an scout aroon here an gie it areel big clean up,...naworries awe,... ah'll do the hooverin.....la de da la de da,.....needs a wee bit a dustin tae,....la de da la de da,.....oh thats right,...where's that chamois,......ok ave done the windaes tae,.........phew...done,.... awe spick an span.....catch ye all later....Tori,..xxxx.
tammy
Good job on the windows Tori, they're sparkling! Feel free to come over to my house. My wee dog sits and watches out the window and she runs her little nose back and forth so they are always a mess! rolleyes.gif

Jealous of everyone going to the Horshoe Bar too! Have a drink for me!

How you doing Betty?
jakka13
Hi Tori and Tammy, doesn't it make you a little bit homesick hearing about the meeting on the 13th. Wish I could be there .Tori great job ,cleaning up for Betty I did the stairs last week and chased Manky Franky's weans so they wouldn't make a mess . Did she tell any body if she was going to come over the rainbow with us? Us stay at home's have that little trip to look forward to .Jakka
boots
Hi Davidb44 (Whit a Haunle thet is, dae yi no hiv a nicname?0nyways, ah wiz jist gonnae say, I hope yur havin a real guid time an ur aw set fur meetin Betty an everyyin else as makes it. Wish ah cud be ther but ah cannae sae you jist gae oot an enjoy yursel then whbin yi cum back hame, yi cin tell us aw aboot it. Cheers agent 44 tongue.gif
tammy
Where's Betty? How's she doing? I've just washed the curtains and bedsheets and towels. Between us all, the place is spotless! I've just left you some freshly baked shortbread and little cakes fro your tea. wub.gif

Jakka, Yes, I definitely wish I was going too.
tammy
Hi Betty,

Where are you? Hope everything is ok with you? I'm off for 12 days I plan to enjoy them. I hope I don't get asked to come in. I'll be home looking after my 2 sick daughter's. Poor kids. Rachel has a cold and Brittany has tonisilitis! And they're usually healthy. Oh well just as good I made that soup yesterday ..they're enjoying it. I've left you a bowl Betty in case you're not feeling well or need a little something to warm you up. Hope to hear from you soon. wub.gif
jakka13
Hi Tammy ,have you enough soup for me .I've had a week from hell. Bad enough closing up the cottage ,but I've had an on going fight with Ma Bell.Betty where are you?. have you seen the nonsense these new lassies are geting up to? They need a strong hand behind them .Please come on board and we can all go over the rainbow.Cheers jakka13
tammy
Hi Jakka,

Go on then, I've sent you a nice hot bowl of soup to warm you up and relax you..with some nice buns too! Don't you love the phone companies! I hate when you call customer service and you get automated service and you have to keep pressing all kinds of buttons, god help you if you press the wrong one! You have to start over again! What ever happened to a real live person on the other end? Our phone company has locked their worker's out! And I think it will be a long one. Sad to see them out in the cold picketing everyday too. I bet Betty is keeping an eye on her wee house worried about wild parties going on! wink.gif
boots
Betty, ur yi nae hame? Ah cannae fin ra key n ah cannae git in. Ur yi no therr? Och ah suppose yer aff oan thet damn mo'ur bike agin. Whaur ur yi this time...doon at the barn milkin the coo agin? aye ah suppose it is gettin oan tae thet time. Well whin yer done, cum hame n unlock the bliddy door. Am jist goin doon ra sterr tae see if Tammy'ss still aboot.
jakka13
Hi Tammy, thanks for the soup. I just got to see your pictures ,what a bonnie lassie you are . You look about the same age as my weans .I'd love to see what everyone looks like .It's nice to put faces to the names . I don't know how to put photos in .I've got a nice one of my oldest grandson when he got inducted into the Canadian Army and I'd like to share it but don't know how .Did we find Betty yet ?. Bet she's saving herself for the pub meet .Gettin' her hair and nails done etc. I wish she'd come on board with us ,these Glesga lassies are gettin wild and need a steady hand ohmy.gif
wee mags
knowing betty she wis at the
wee mags
knowing betty she wis at the Barn tonight ,its her night to go there,when I spoke to her the other day she was looking forward to meeting everyone,if you have never been to oor wee meets you must go, for you will meet some of the nicest people,I went to one in Canada, and then I had one here in my back yard,and it was as if we had known everyone for ever wink.gif
boots
I spoke to Betty about a week ago but she seems to have dropped out of sight since then but if she's having a good time at the barn tonight that's fine. Still I wish she would join us on the rainbow before she goes to meet Davie and the others at the Horseshoe Bar. Sure wish I could have sneaked in to Davie's luggage and got myself over there too. I'm turning green with envy but I hope they all have a good time together. Mags, my nephew told me you are living in very beautiful area. He would have tken me if you had had another meet last year. I'vve seen the pictures of the meets and Betty's told me about the good times she's had. Maybe I'll make it to the next one.
Catherine
Hi Everyone
Spoke wae betty earlier therr....seems with her changin her phone company they've told her it will be fifteen workin days afore her broadband is connected so she's nae computer an kickin a lotta doors the noo.
Mags betty is waitin fur good news and Sarah's the wan tae deliver it..castor oil anna swift walk will dae the trick tell her !

Oh Sarah darlin, get the epidural, martyrs live in the Bible..camoan, yer a wummin efter ma ain heart, follow me laugh.gif

betty's missin us aw, and will be back oan as soon as she can.
Had her Doc's appointment and so far the operation looks good, the grafts connectin and everythin wherr it should be.
betty's oan a high about this and ferr lookin forward to Davy's meet oan Thursday.
wee mags
Catherine Sarah is due tomorrow and is taking it all in stride ,as for me and the yank were dying ,after all shes our wean [dont tell her I said that]she was over the day for lunch, and not a worry she looks good ,and is still workin,I keep saying take off now and the answer is and listen tae you "saying is it here yet "? like I would be talkin on the phoneif it was , Ma some times you make me laugh,not all the time, but once in a while rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Mags ahd brain ye if ah read it here laugh.gif ...
Thought ye said the tenth wis the due date?
Ah jist waant Sarah's name in lights here, ony wummin that goes through this deserves her name in lights...it's the LEAST we kin dae!!
Ahm aw nervous annaw, see me an Mike wid be guid company the night...Sarah wid end up killin us!
jakka13
Hi wee Mags, great times these ,waitin for weans to be born . I've got my great-grand daughter turning one Nov 11th. I know you must be anxious but maybe she'll wait till Thursday and share the birthday with Marion. Wouldn't that be nice? dry.gif
Catherine
Ah wis five days early wae Jacob...four days early wae Max....didnae matter, they both came oot like a train gaun a hunner mile an hoor cept the tunnel wisnae quite feenished laugh.gif

How's the City workin oot fur ye Jakka? It's a lotta work closin the cottage sure it is.
Never mind, we kin noo flush wur toilets a hunner times a day if we want right!

Geoff wis in the town Saturday, wummin in the shoap said it'll be so nice, this is the last weekend for us huvin tae put up wae these yeeha's fae Toronto.....Geoff jist smiled an said aye...ahm wan of them an it'll be so nice no huvin tae pay through the nose fur groceries, petrol an inconsiderate yeeha's like yersel fur the next six months.

Oh are we no aw so important in wur ain wee way eh? guffawguffawguffaw
wee mags
as long as she dissnae hiv it on the 27th thats Sarahs Birthday !!!
and she always said I hope I never have a baby on ma birthday,and Catherine the date is the 10th but the dr was saying it could be longer ,if she dosent have it by fri he will do tests and tell her what options she has ,she had dialated one centameter then so I told her to take a walk "some Mom you are tellin me to take a walk" in my condition,see Catherine she is acting just like you noo, and boots its funny you should say about Marion as Marion and Sarah hit it off when we all met.she said Sarah was the best bartender she ever met laugh.gif then she said Iam yir new mammy Sarah, and Sarah said "Sorry Marion wan Scottish ma is enough, I could not handle the two of you"
marina
i had a problem with my isp, what happened was i changed my bank and so i cancelled all my direct debits and informed the companies of my new bank details and for some reason my isp disconnects me every month and tells me that my bank has cancelled my dd, i have to phone them all the time to repeat myself and i dont imagine itll be cheap to call them rolleyes.gif
tammy
Hi Wee Mags,

I've got the bed all ready for Sarah to have the baby. The water is boiling and Catherine is getting the towels. We've got Catherine's hand painted wellies on so we won't get wet feet when the time is right and we're practising our breathing. Slow down Catherine you'll pass out! Right we'll have a cup of tea..don't want the water to go to waste, we'll put more on. laugh.gif
severena
Hi there folks...Just trying tae catch up with what's new in the lives of old friends...This is Rena from waaaaay back. Haven't posted for a long while,so hope you folks will welcome me back intae the fold...Well seems like Wee Mags is awaiting the arrival of a new grandchild. Know how that feels Mags. We welcomed the arrival of a new grandson on the 30th of September. That makes the 8th for us. Hope all goes well. Seems like Betty 2 has had an operation on her eyes? so Catherine mentioned. My best to Betty. Yes she must miss being online. My regards to one all all. Hope to chat soon.....Rena cool.gif
tammy
welcome back Rena! smile.gif
Angela Chick
Hi ya ladies,

raining here as usual, done a pile of washing today clothes hanging over radiators ma house is like a chinese laundry biggrin.gif

rena congratulations on your new wee grandson and welcome back.
tammy
Angela, I have forgotten most people hang their clothes to dry there. Send it all to me and I'll throw it in my dryer for you. Put your feet up and I'll make you a nice cup a tea and a turkey sandwich. wub.gif
Angela Chick
Tammy a have got a dryer but a only use it for towels and bed linen, a dont like to put the clothes in it, dont ask me why its just me laugh.gif
Heather
Angela, I'm another one who rarely uses a dryer, but fortunately I have a utility room with a pulley, so the clothes get hung up to dry. When we have a dry day!!!!!! I just open the back door to let the fresh air into the washing.
Angela Chick
Heather i think sometimes the dryer shrinks my clothes, i wish i had a pulley they are great a remember my mums was in the bathroon when we stayed in the high rise flats biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hi Catherine, getting settled. It's nice in a way to have all my own comforts here . Like flushing toilets ,and long hot baths . I don't miss the wild life ( we had a skunk visiting everynight for the last week we were there) or the mossies.I do miss sitting in the dark with a great big blazing fire lighting the room . I miss sitting on the front deck with my first coffee,watching the sun come up and I miss the loons .
I've had an on going fight with Bell ,since we got back but I know I can't win against them ,I'm just stubborn and I'm not giving in without a fight .It seems even if you have a contract with them ,they can change their policy at any time and we can't do anything about it .If I on the other hand want to break the contract it will cost me $100 for each year left on it !!!! Nice doing business with them ,I don't think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.