Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
stuarty
i am so pleased for you betty about time sombody had great news instead of all the doom and gloom rubbish when you go to bingo you might get the national eh betty wub.gif
betty2
I should be so lucky stuarty still its a nice thought

still here in glesca
Melody
Whit can ah say except that I'm over the moon for you Betty, you were a brave lassie and it paid off, Hooray Hooray it's a wonderful wonderful day. God Bless you Betty and do you know what you deserve this to happen. I'm so happy tonight for you. smile.gif
marina
hi betty hope your feeling fine x
Melody
For BETTY

What a difference a day made
Twenty-four little hours
Brought the sun and the flowers
Where there used to be rain

My yesterday was blue, dear
Today Iím part of you, dear
My lonely nights are through, dear
Since you said you were mine

What a difference a day makes
Thereís a rainbow before me
Skies above canít be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss

Itís heaven when you find romance on your menu
And the difference is you

What a difference a day makes
Thereís a rainbow before me
Skies above canít be stormy
Since that moment of bliss, that thrilling kiss

Itís heaven when you find romance on your menu
And the difference is you
tammy
Hi Betty,

I'm thrilled to hear the outcome was successful! Glad to hear your spirits are up and you are so happy. Good things happen to good people! wub.gif
annie laurie
Could not be more happier, <BETTY>for you, I am sure you feel like a new Woman, Big Hugs, oxoxo biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hip,Hip,Hooray. Great news Betty. Melody picked just the right song .The words are perfect . Now all you have to do is what the Dr's tell you .You'll be able to tell us awe if we get streaks on yer windows or we don't dust right .Only jokin hen,I know you would never complain .I've been feelin down all day and can't put my finger on why, just one of those days but this news has picked me up and put a smile on my face .I'll raise a wee glass to you before I go to bed and toast your good fortune . The next time I come in to your wee hoose I'll tell you a wee funny story about my Grannie ( I mentioned before she was blind ) and my lovely sisters wedding .Good night ,God Bless ,Jakka 13.
This is for Buntyq,how isyour daughter makin 'out not smoking?
Tori G
Hi everyone. Jakka I hope you feel better soon, look after your self ok keep your strength up eat good, maybe have some chamomile tea if you can.wub.gif.
Betty,...... isnt that grand your op was a success, yippe yippe, so good to know. We were all thinking of you. Does everything look new now, well those bingo numbers will be popping up like crazy too, good luck. Heres a wee rose similar to Catherines, different angle same rose.
betty2
Mrlody lovely song I could just picture you sitting there glass of adams ale in hand , singing those beautiful and very apt lyrics.

Getting ready now for the hospital appt. so here's hoping its more good news smile.gif

still here in glesca
marina
best of wishes to you betty x
Gemini
so very happy for you Betty and wish you luck at the doctor's today.
Catherine
Bet betty's chattin up the doctor wae her new eyesight an that's whit's keepin her laugh.gif

Nae stoppin ye noo hen, Barn clubs no gaunni know whit's hit it !
stuarty
betty 2 the world is a better place and you can sort everybody oot havin the parties when we oops a ment to say them a nearly incriminated maself as if a would have a strawberry tart party still it is great that you can see and it gives everyone hope wink.gif
Catherine
Wis talkin to betty earlier therr, she says hallo to all and is jist takin it easy for the next few days.

The pressure behind the eye wis up a bit today, so she's been warned to do NOTHIN.......Did ye hear that betty???? tongue.gif ...NUTHIN for the next few days.

Ahv ma weans back this week , first since the holidays so ahm a bit tied up the noo guys and cannae get on the board as much. Next week should see me slowin doon a bit.

Hoi Kaz when's Melody comin back wae the biscuits, wur aw hank marvin here.
Cripes keep furgettin tae say the Roses are lovely Tori, ye must be a good gardener. {showaff} tongueootanwinkywink
jakka13
Hi vgourlay,thanks for the good wishes .It wasn't that I wasn't feelin 'well I was just havin'a blue day . I lost my lovely sister almost two years ago at the end of the month and I still have trouble some days .It would have been her 52nd wedding anniversary on Sunday and I was with her on her 50th .Sadly she passed away just two weeks later . I'm fine now ,it only takes a visit to the boards to cheer me up .When I first joined the group I was at a very low ebb but the support I got from the boards helped me through a very sad time .I've said it before but I'll say it again God Bless all of you
Catherine
You said it Jaaka, Tori's roses are a good reminder tae jist stoap an smell them sure they are biggrin.gif

Issues arise aw the time for us, but the Boards a great tonic an helps us get through them the best way we can.

That Melody's no arrived yit wae the Markies biscuits, she's been known tae binge oan them so fingers crossed she's jist missed the bus an will be in shortly.
Sgaunni be a long night... guffawguffawguffaw
annie laurie
Thinking of you Jakka,
Hang in there, remember when you are thinking of your Sister, she is with you also, and always will be
Keep posting, keep in touch, biggrin.gif
Melody
Mornin' pals, ah'm wishin' ah'd no bought they chocolate wans cause they make an awfy mess when yer tryin' no tae been spotted eatin' them at the bus stoap. laugh.gif Mind ye it might have been the chocolate trifle that spilled aw doon ma sleeves. Ah'll need tae stoap gawn tae Markies it's no good fur me.
Have a wonderful day pals. Ah'm away tae the bad place, no the bad fire, jist the bad place.

Jakka lots of love to you.
tammy
Betty,

Hope you are following the doctor's advice!

Catherine glad you're back.

Jakka think of all the good times with your sister.

Annie sunny here today how about your part of BC?

Melody, annie of those chocolate cookies left? I can't sleep and I have to pick up Phil's Uncle at the airport at 6am! Well, I don't have too..I want too, he's in the air right now as we speak/type. Flying in from Glasgow so he is! It's going to be a wonderful surprise for his Auntie's who have both flown in..one from Toronto, the other fromm Anchorage who have no idea and are at Phil's Mum's house now. biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
hi ladies,

my computer is not working just now, someone mark knows is gonna have a look at it on saturday sad.gif am in the local library just now a know i canny help it ha ha hopefully be back online very soon.
Isobel
Angela we also hope you are back soon.Jakka it's awful when we loose a loved one, am sure you have wonderful memories of your sister.Betty I hope you are taking it easy ,and staying out of trouble. Great job Catherine the pictures were smashing. What great legs you lot have.
Another great day here,yesterday went above 30% can you believe it and its well into September.Something tells me we will be paying for this in a couple of months.
wee mags
jist spoke tae betty and wid you believe it shes no felling too well the day ,she went to the supermarket and she wissnae supposed to but you know oor betty off she went to the supermarket "well I needed some stuff"says betty ,so if you see this you take it easy wub.gif
marina
betty please take it easy wink.gif
Melody
See that's her, never at peace jist wait tae she gets in. dry.gif
Catherine
Mags ah hope ye gied her laldy fur gaun the messages...ah wis talkin wae betty yesterday an ah bloody knew she'd be up tae somethin else afore 24 hoors wis up...the wummin cannae sit doon furra minute withoot thinkin up somethin else tae dae.

Wish ahd yer energy betty...but THAT'S NO THE POINT IS IT????? laugh.gif

Ah'll tell ye again, sit oan yer derrierrerry noo an try an behave.
Bloody knew ye couldnae dae as yer telt.
{ah think it's a Glesga thing masel}guffawguffawguffaw
jakka13
You all made me laugh at the Markies biscuits.Years ago I was working on the afternoon shift and planned to go to Marks before work .I asked my pal if she wanted me to pick anything up for her .She asked me to get her some gingerbread.She said there were two kinds a regular one and a Jamaica gingerbread and she wanted the second as it was the best .I decided to buy one for myself and tried it the next day .On arriving at work I said to my pal "That gingerbread was delicious ." She said Jamaica gingerbread .(.yes you all know what's coming )"No" I said "the one I bought from Marks and Spencers.We both looked at each other for a minute and exploded into laughter . The rest of the people at the table didn't have a clue what we were laughing at and just like now it loses something in the telling ,if you had been there I'm sure you would have been laughing too wub.gif .
tammy
Jakka, I got it! tongue.gif

BETTY! Do as your told! You're a treasure, nobody wants anything to happen to you!!!! You're lucky I'm so far away. Maybe we should send Catherine over there.
Catherine
Tammy ahd go in a flash hen, but for Gods sake jist don't ask me tae walk laugh.gif

Ah totally sympathise wae betty, she's jist no a sit doon an wait person and ah know how hard this recuperatin is fur her.
Wish tae hell somebudy wid tell me tae sit doon an dae nuthin, ye widnae need tae tell me twice...no sirree boabby, jist say the wurd guys an ah'll no let ye's doon {ah kin feel a leave her oot tae dry feelin comin oan } guffawguffawguffaw

Cripes near missed that post ye put in Jakka, that wis funny. Great memory tae have pet.
Isobel
Ok Betty were all here to look after you .Mags did the stair ,Melody done the windows Catherine has just popped out to Marks to get some of these gingerbread cookies , a hope she brings some empire bicuits as well.A just hope Angela and the rest of the gals got the dusting done. JakKa a think a hear the kettle boiling. Can you just get a wee cup of tea on the go for Betty. Ill join you in a bit. Just you sit down Betty and relax. DO YOU HEAR . rolleyes.gif
betty2
Sit an relax unsure.gif god its hard past two days ah've done jist that an am bored oot ma skull. Ma pal phoned me last night telling me about the bargains at george in asda, she got a lovely dress fur the engagement party that ah canny go tae oan saturday But ah'll suffer in silence (s.no ferr)

Everybody's goin out an havin fun
Am just stayin home an havin none
Must be someone somewhere wait n see
Poor ol lonesome me

Good job ah've got the company of you lot couldnae be in better company,,

still here in glesca
Catherine
Good fur you betty...ah telt ye when ah tied ye up an weighted yer feet doon so's ye couldnae move it widnae be too bad laugh.gif

Stuff that sufferin in silence, jist come oan here an moan till yer hearts content pet...sure we could start a competition furra laugh an see who kin moan the maest!!

Ah'll start....Ah cannae walk! guffawguffaw
Heather
Reading through the posts, I could not help laughing at Wee Mags saying they got us a wee sandwich. Let me try to describe the ' wee sandwich '.

Think of a french crusty loaf, double the thickness of it. Cut off about four inches long, slice it open and pile it with lots of cold meats till it's about six inches thick, that's a ' wee sandwich'.

I put a ' wee sandwich' on my plate then tried to figure out how to get a bite of it. Only one way, open it up, eat some of the meat off it, then eat each half one at a time. Mike laughed and said " I knew you would do that ", he must have saw the puzzled look on my face.

It was nice to meet Wee Mags & Mike and be able to put faces to names, and we enjoyed our visit with them. The picture's of their g'daughter don't lie, she really is a lovely looking wee girl.

We were in Cape Cod for 5days and stayed at the Irish Village, and enjoyed our stay there.

We went to Hyannis and went a sail out to Lewis Bay over to the
Kennedy Compound. We also went the Pilgrim's Monument in Provincetown. Provincetown itself was an eye opener, but that's another story.
wub.gif
jakka13
Hi Betty,I see that Catherine sorted you out .Do we need to tie you to the bedpost to make you rest . You know we're all delighted at your great news and just think how bad we would feel if you do something foolish.I promised you a wee funny storie about my Granny. We lived in a room and kitchen with an outside toilet. My Granny was blind and lived round the corner .She could make her way round to our house by touching the wall and counting the closes.She used to wear stays and a long bra with whale bones in it and lysle stockings rolled at her knees with garters. Well my sister was getting married and the wedding had been in the works for about four years. The day arrived ,my oldest sister had a long dress with four skirts , I had a long dress with three skirts my mammy was done up in a rig out with a hat with a big feather and my Dad was pacing up and down in a tux smoking his pipe . My lovely sister had a dress and if you counted the lace overlay and the stiff petticoat it had seven skirts .I dont remember how many yards her veil had .Well she had just finished getting into the dress and veil when she decided she needed the toilet. Pandemonium, my Mammy said she would have to take a pail in the bedroom and use that , no way says my sister . They tried to wrap her in a sheet but we couldn't get all of the dress and veil covered. In the mist of all this panic the key turned (remember when we all just left the key in the door?)and in comes my Granny , she opened her coat then her cross over overall and stood there in her steys and bra . My Mammy yelling Ross don't look at her , my poor auld Grannie says"In the name of God Bella ,how am I supposed to fasten these to my stockings?" The new bra had little wee suspenders to fasten it to the top of the steys .We almost all ended up in a heap we were laughing so hard . wub.gif
boots
It sounds like you had a great trip Heather and I'm looking forward to hearing about Provincetown. I'll be watching for that post. Were you able to move after eating Mag's "wee" sandwich?

Betty. I don't want to nag but I will anyway. It's really important that you follow the doctor's orders and DON'T DO ANYTHING! Shleppin' groceries for sure was a no-no. You have to avoid picking up and carrying anything fairly heavy. ( A glass of vodka or a cuppa tea would be OK and you might even get away with one of Mags wee sandwiches), bending is also to be avoided but bending the elbow is permitted so be a guid wee lassie - just sit and drink yersel silly.

It seems like everyone's been busy keeping Betty's place sparkling...does that mean another party's coming up, Ummm?
Thanks for all your good wishes gals and I'm glad to be back among you .
Tori G
Hi Betty, naughty you, u strong willed woman u, rest means rest and as for your groceries and stuff get yer weins/friends/neighbours,.. tae do your shopping/housework,... and put yer bliddy feet up/get in here or watch tv or write some poems,..ah dont know???..geeezis joani macaroni. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Jakka13 that was a good memorie and funny too.

Catherine,.. am no a great gardener annawe I hate gardening, though it has to be done,... nobody else will do it, so when I can, I try ma best at the time, ha ha....any favours welcome,..I'll watch,ha ha...Maybe a should smell the roses, ha ha.

Well I have'nt been posting cause I've had the flu all last week and still have,...feel like cra..... grrrr, hate it hate it.

All right you lot take care, have a nice week-end...Hugs and kisses from me,.. Tori....xxxxxx

Ps,. Angela,... if your at the library or wherever and read this, hope ur comp gets fixed soon, an disnae cost the earth.
Gemini
hey Heather glad to see you back "hame" safe and sound, I was having a piece of "that" cake the other day and I was thinking of you and ah raised mah fork tae toast yi, well thats me off the morra fur a couple o' weeks tae Georgia, will be meeting up with Bunty and then hopefully meeting up wi Marion too if she is feeling up to it, Marion says bring Bunty wi yi if she cin make it so we will see whit happens, this has been a real busy week here lots of running but gonnae relax fur the next two weeks tho' I doubt it as my daughter will be having her "grand opening" so will be daen mah "hostess with the mostest" part, so I wont be on. TA TA the noo. smile.gif
tammy
Betty, how you feeling today? Hopefully a lot better. I went shopping in Asda when we were there. I n fact we were overloaded at the airport when we left...our suitcases were weighed down with all the chocolate bisuits and treats we were taking home! My husband was beside himself when he saw how heavy the cases were, but we got away easy ..the wee woman took pity on us and we only had to pay $20. for the weight. His Mum was thrilled when she got her care package of all her favourite things. I don't think I'll be allowed back near that store when I go back again..not if Phil has any idea of where I'm going!

Isobel, I did the dusting, does that mean I can come to the party now?

Catherine put your feet up, I've brought a fireman to massage your sore feet. tongue.gif
Heather
Gemini, I have been shattered since I came back home. After all the sightseeing on Cape Cod ( can't remember some of the places we went to. ) Washington and Atlantic City where I gambled all of $15, never been much of a gambler, I prefer to go around the shops. The bedrooms in the hotel in Harrar's were very comfortable. I had a room overlooking the Bay, it was a lovely view.

By the way, I loved the gateau, I finished it off that night. laugh.gif

Did you enjoy the macaroon bar?????

Back in Woodbridge we went to a place I think was called 'The Cheese Factory' for lunch, and for desert I ordered cheese cake, which they served with a big scoop of fresh double cream, yummy.
tammy
Heather where did you put it all..the food you ate? You're just tiny! That sandwich you described sounded like a family meal! laugh.gif
Heather
Tammy it was like a meal, that is why I laughed when Wee Mags described it a a wee sandwich.

Im not that wee, I am 5ft 3ins, well ok 5ft 2 1/2ins, but what's a half inch. The funny thing is people think I am taller because I am slim.

The first time I went to America, Tommy asked Jessie what height I was and she said about 5ft 7ins. So there they are at the airport and Tommy is looking at all the tall females, then he recognised me from picture's Jessie had shown him and started laughing. You see I had long hair for many years and wore it up a lot and also wore shoes with stiletto heels, so I did look tall.
When Tommy saw me I had my hair cut short and wearing flat shoes. Jessie was speechless when she saw me, as she had never seen me with short hair and for the first time realized I was not really tall.
tammy
Heather that is a funny story.

I was just off the phone with Betty and she said to tell you all that she is being a "VERY GOOD GIRL" now. She is a bit tired, but sounded great. She had a couple of friends over and they were chatting and having a wee drink . So, that's very good. Hopefully soon she'll be 100%! wub.gif
wee mags
ah hivnae ben on for a couple of days as Iam helping gwt set for our churches big tag sale the morrawhit a job settin the thing up!!!!! all these folks volunteerand nane o them show up ,same daft buggers, like me are the daft yins :rolleyesI was watching To Sir with love ,and I thought that wummin looks familiar and then I read the end notes and there she wis Patricia Rutledge oh excuse me Hyacith [Bouquet] Bucket,it funny I have watched that picture so manyttimes and never noticed her ach well Betty you take care hope all is going well with you wub.gif
by the way Heather I just finished ma last piece of Shortbread it was nice wae ma tea
Heather
Wee Mags, I'm glad you enjoyed the shortbread, but not have as much as I enjoyed your " wee sandwich ". laugh.gif
wee mags
next time yae come I will get yae a big Sandwich heather wink.gif
Heather
So you will have to give me a bed, as the sandwich will be my breakfast and evening meal. I will need that time to finish it. laugh.gif
Isobel
Where are you Betty, just wondering how you were doing .Everything alright pet? unsure.gif
jakka13
Hi Betty,Iwas just thinking like Isobel. Hope your O.K. Do you need anything done ,like your stairs or windows . Maybe we can all just have a wee cup of tea .I'll bring in som chocolate eclaires . We're all missing you .
boots
cum oot cum oot wherever yi ur Betty we're all lookin fur yi. Ur yi aw right luv? We're aw missin yi.
tammy
It's 3:10 in the morning, I'm at work obviously otherwise I'd be in bed. Just thought I'd pop in and see what's new. I would love one of those chocolate eclairs right about now. Only 3 and a half hours to go now! Hope everyone is well. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.