Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
stuarty
oh ya wee fibba melody a scrubed the windies so a did am gonny tell marion on you tongue.gif
Melody
laugh.gif She's as daft as me Stuarty, in fact even dafter!
stuarty
a think it helps that wer awe a hapenny short of a shillin eh a know you lot have great big hearts and make me laugh even wheh we get rottin tings happining in our lives a wee bit o carribian there by saying tings and no things lost the plot noo laugh.gif
betty2
Now stuarty the hoose is fine Noo when ah look at the sensible folk ot makes me happy that am a slice off a full loaf ha ha

still here in glesca
Melody
Aye me as well Betty, it must be awfy borin' bein' sensible aw the time, who wid want that? Mind you ah think ah used tae be mare sensible before ah came on here, it brings the worst oot in me! laugh.gif
betty2
Ha ha aye melody bein a GG member is an education of a different kind ha ha

still here in glesca
Melody
A horse of a different colour, mind that in the Wizard of Oz, we're off to see the Wizard the Wonderful Wizard of Oz, dae ye know ah saw they ruby slippers in Glasgow one time. Every wee lassie wanted them sure they did? There's no place home,..... there's no place like home...........

That's it ah've lost it now........ unsure.gif who's got the bobbly hats? Sure feels like a................................ whirly night!
betty2
Dont think ah ever owned a pair o red shoes slippers aye but they wut tae go wae ma red pj's. When's catherine due back place is awfy quiet withoot her

still here in glesca
Melody
I'm not sure Betty ah think she said she would be away for three weeks, aye ye sure miss her, especially when ah'm havin' a whirly night! laugh.gif
stuarty
am so glad the hoose is in fine order a wish ma ane wee semi wis clean am sittin in wa awe the stuff that might come in handy wat a load of rubbish and that is exactly that old tat laugh.gif
Isobel
Catherine has to be back soon .The kids all start back to school next Tuesday after the long weekend.
tammy
Hi Ladies,

Betty glad to hear you had a grand time at your party. How's Marion doing? I'm bummed out that I missed out on the strawberry tarts and party! Glad you had fun , hope they were delicious!

Trying to get my house back in order, just home from a weekend out..I'm exhausted. First day of heavy rain too! But, sun is trying to come back out. I'm not ready for rain yet.

Batty I left you some pretty mixed flowers to brighten up the room. wub.gif

I'll just rest a wee minute.
Lia
Hi Everyone,

Glad to see you enjoyed the party betty.

I didn't know there was one here either, so I missed out on the strawberry tarts too tammy. sad.gif
Tori G
Thats alright Lia and Tammy I never got wan either..
Great to hear you had a great time at the anniversary Betty, sounds like you were kicking up your heels a wee bit there, good to hear. As for the strawberry tarts,...Wheresssssssssssss mine, I canne find any, who has been eating my strawberry tart, ha ha. catch you all later.
stuarty
right strawberry tarts for every body who visits betty2 room every day for the next 2 weeks nae excuses you should all get wan O K na mer moanin but you clean up the mess a deal is a deal next one in efter me makes the tea wub.gif
tammy
Oh yum! I'm coming every day then! No worries about cleaning up here...we all take turns doing the stairs and the floors. I'll do the stairs right now and take my strawberry tart to give me energy. No worries of any crumbs being left behind! I'll even put the kettle on if anyone wants to join me. smile.gif
Isobel
Can you throw in a wee empire biscuit.
rolleyes.gif
stuarty
och isobel are you takin the biscut you wane empires you bring them this is costin a fortune as it is laugh.gif
Isobel
come one Stuarty a only wanted one. biggrin.gif
stuarty
aye and then they will awe wantwan no chance strawberry tart or nothin see eyes bigger than yur belly thats fur sure laugh.gif
tammy
I'll trade you a blueberry muffin fresh out of the oven. If we keep this up, we'll get too fat to fit into Betty's wee house. huh.gif
Isobel
Dont fret, Ill bring ma own and plenty more for the rest o you lot. Guess a better get the oven heated up if a huv ta bake the night. sad.gif
Melody
Angela yer back pal. Did ye have a great time? smile.gif
Angela Chick
Hi ladies,

just popping in to say that i had a great time in turkey, 39 degrees everyday, and i was kinda choked up when i was in the internet cafe and saw that you's missed me it was nice to read that. biggrin.gif

the turkish hospitality is second to none, they cant do enough for you and their manners are lovely and i cant fault the place in anyway, to me it was just paradise.

the only but was that i got a streaming cold through the air conditioning other than that it was fantastic, i would recommend turkey 100% to anyone that was thinking of going,

anyway am going to ma bed cos i have only slept for 4 hours since last night, am so tired and i have got washing the since of mount everest to attack, so i will see you's tommorow a hope you's are all well.

angelachick
stuarty
did you find me a rich sultan angela and heres a strawberry tart and a cuppa tell us all about it a canny wait laugh.gif
Angela Chick
melody and stuarty i kid you not the turkish males are gorgeous and i mean gorgeous biggrin.gif and they love the scottish in saying that who does not love the scottish people.

stuarty you eyes would have been popping out your head if you saw them one is nicer looking than the other you would have been spoilt for choice.

they were very taken by lauren but she is so shy and mark was acting like the scrict dad you know what i mean ha ha

in my opinion they are just lovely people, so from now on its turkey for me every year,

but it was just to hot, lauren was struggling she could not take it and she kept saying she could not wait to go back to glasgow to feel the rain on her face ha ha

other than that it was great, but part of me is glad to be back home.

angelachick
stuarty
the nearest a got next to a turkish man is the wan up the kebab shop and he makes me mint tea luvley laugh.gif
jakka13
Sounds like I missed a good party!!!.Betty did you wear your silver shoes? I bet you were the bell of the ball.I hope the gang left the place clean and tidy .Vgourley did a lot of work and Stuarty cleaned the windows.Did they save you a tart?. How did you make out at your exam? I hope all went well .Hi to all the gang sorry I missed the party ,WEANS!!!
marina
glad you had a great time angela, ive never been to turkey but our aunt goes every year sometimes twice and i think shes going to buy a holiday home there (fingers crossed lol) i know what are men like with their daughters, they love it when men ogle their burds haha but if they do it do their daughters well its a different story then haha, im so glas your back x
Angela Chick
Hi girls,

marina, mark said to me ' angela will you stop oggling they turks' but i could not help it a mean i love mark but we all look its only natural laugh.gif

i was talking to one of the turkish waiters in a restuarant and he told me he had family in ibrox and he will be visiting glasgow in december he asked me how cold it will be, poor soul he will be in for a shock ha ha

they are fanantical about football, as soon as you say your from glasgow they ask you' celtic or rangers' every one i spoke to was a rangers fan ha ha they have sky sports in every pub you go to its mental.

marina one of them said to me if i wanted to live there he would get me a job no bother ha ha i feel quite down today cos its back to paying bills, housework, shopping and making dinners oh well we need to start saving for next year.

angelachick
Lia
QUOTE (stuarty @ 30th Aug 2005, 04:38 PM)
right strawberry tarts for every body who visits betty2 room every day for the next 2 weeks nae excuses you should all get wan O K na mer moanin but you clean up the mess a deal is a deal next one in efter me makes the tea

Hi stuarty,

Thanks for the strawberry tart! biggrin.gif Are they homemade or store bought?

Hi Angela Chick,

Good to hear from you again, I'm glad you had a great time in Turkey.
Gemini
welcome home Angela sounds like you had a fabulous time did you take pictures I hope I hope put them up in the gallery, I couldnt put mine up on my Alaskan trip as I dont have a scanner so I hope you do wink.gif
wee mags
well Betty I had some company on Monday two sisters ,one fae your neck of the woods and the other fae New Jersey,they were going back tae New Jersey from Cape Cod,and we had a good visit, it wis Heather and August august and her man Tommy had taken Heather up tae Cape Cod for a few days and Heather enjoyed it ,we ran doon tae the wee store near us, and got them a wee sandwich jist tae tide them over tae they got hame in New Jersey oh by the way Heather gave some great Shortbread awe the way fae Scotland mmmm good wae a nice cuppa wink.gif
Isobel
Welcome back Angela. Tell me is Turkey a place many folks for Scotland would visit. Dying to hear all about it. rolleyes.gif
stuarty
lia they are shop bought i cannot tell a lie my baking days are over but the tarts come fae the city bakeries only the best tuck in tae your wee hearts content oky doky rolleyes.gif
tammy
does that mean Heather will be back in the house? Now all we need is Catherine and things will be back to normal. well depending on what you consider normal! laugh.gif Everybody make sure you clean up your crumbs, Betty will change the locks if we leave a mess. I did the stairs and the bathroom.
stuarty
tammy was heather the cook or windie cleaner oops hive a stood on sombodies toes again i am sooooooooo sorrrrrrrrry heather can you forgive me unsure.gif
tammy
ahh no Stuarty..she made the drinks! wink.gif And is good for some laughs and easy going nature.
stuarty
whew am glad i dont like making tea or coffee ta for putin me rite much obliged posh accent commin oot im going to the ritz in london on the seventh about 40 quid ahead 8 people going so it will be ladeeda laugh.gif
Marion Dougan
Aput away some messages a bought, tea sugar milk, gonna make a cuppa noo if onybuddy wants tae come in. Then am aff tae ma wee but n ben
Melody
Marion ah hope your makin' the tea this time. laugh.gif C'mon we'll go fur a wee walk an see if we can find a wee bunch o floors fur oor Betty fur puttin' up wi us for aw these years.
tammy
Marion I could murder a cup of tea right about now! Waiting for my youngest to get ready to go shopping for school clothes and supplies. Gonna need my strength! rolleyes.gif
Marion Dougan
Melody goat the flooers fur Betty, a know she'll like them oan the sideboard. Did you see the mess o the sterrs, that's they horrible wans up the sterrs, we wash an they throw stuff aw uwer them, be a doll Melody an clean them, please, pretty please. Noo wherrs that Ria wie the paper. Tammy pit yer feet up hen, milk an sugar?
Melody
ohmy.gif Bloomin cheek, Melody you wash the stairs hen!! Well ah canny cause ah've gave ma cinderella outfit away tae a passin' millionaire! She wanted it just for a wee change of image. Naw ah'm no daein' the stairs ah'm sittin' havin' the last strawberry tart tae masel an readin' the fireman's journal. An jist you lot watch ma feet when ye pass by wi the hoover, cause ah'v jist had ma toenails painted. Betty dae ye see the way they treat me in this hoose? See when ah get ma Pradas they'll be nae talkin' tae me.
stuarty
good fur you melody tht marion whey the new hair cut thinks she is the queen of sheeba cause she his her an wee butt in ben nae big stairs ta clean there so noo a need tae go crawlin an grovalin tae marion me an ma big mooth unsure.gif
tammy
wait a wee minute!!! I did those stairs before I went out shopping! Do you mean to say they're dirty already!? mad.gif I'm exhausted with all that shopping form one end of the mall to the next and all the teenage shopping/shoppers! Good thing they have chairs outside of the dressing rooms. But, I think they should be serving drinks for the mum's! I could do with something a wee bit stronger than tea now I tell ya! And my poor wallet!
Isobel
sit yourself down Tammy ,a just know how you must feel.Trailing round these mall is no joke. Would you like a wee drink or are you just going for a wee cup o tea. How about the rest o you .Should a fill the pot.
Lia
Hi Isobel,

I would love a tea, thanks. biggrin.gif I'll clear up and wash the dishes when everyone's had their tea.
Lia
QUOTE (stuarty @ 31st Aug 2005, 05:20 PM)
lia they are shop bought i cannot tell a lie my baking days are over but the tarts come fae the city bakeries only the best tuck in tae your wee hearts content  oky doky

Hi stuarty

I think I might have gained half a stone by tucking in. tongue.gif
Melody
Aw naw Lia, ye kin eat anythin' ye fancy in here you'll never put on on a pound, promise ye! laugh.gif Jist tuck in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.