Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Isobel
kids back at school already?
annie laurie
Yes but just in Scotland, not England,
Angela Chick
Hi girls,

oh am so shattered, left the house at 8 this morning to go with me other half to bolton to pick up something related to his work then we had to go to liverpool to drop something off then back all the way to glasgow, i would have enjoyed it but it was a 17 ton truck he was driving and i was a bag of nerves, all those massive trucks on the motorway, but he got me home in one piece biggrin.gif
annie laurie
Hi Angela,
I know what you mean about the Motorways and Trucks, I was a basket case travelling on them 5 years, ago, so I can imagine it is twice as bad now,
One thing for sure you will sleep well to-night, that was some going all in one day,
I bet he is a good driver, though ? sometimes i think driving is easier than being a passenger, I would rather drive myself, because you are more focused on the traffice in front and behind, you don't see all these crazy drivers who jump in and out all of the lanes all the time unless of course they are in front of you, laugh.gif Cheers
tammy
I found the drivers in Glasgow much better than the ones here in Vancouver! You should sit up front in the ambulance and drive lights and siren and be amazed at what the driver's do or refuse to do..especially in rush hour!!!!! We find it best if we don't roll our windows down when we are making our comments! wink.gif

Angela have a great holiday.

Annie, the sun is back, the little bit of rain was refreshing though! Happy the sun is back, it will be rainy weather soon enough! We'll have a little holiday at the in-laws in 2 weekends.

There you go Betty, I did the stairs and a bit of tidying for you. And left you some cookies for your tea tonight. Hope you won at Bingo!
Angela Chick
Hi annie and tammy,

annie you are so right about being a passenger you notice everything, all the loonys on the roads with no regard for anyone.

mark is a good driver thank god, it was raining hard when we were coming back so a felt even more scared, anyway it was an experiance if nothing else laugh.gif

tammy, some people should not be allowed on the roads, you should have seen some of them last night driving 40 ton trucks and playing silly beggars, it was an eye-opener.
stuarty
when i am driving on the motorway i nearly always drive at night the hgv,s are polite and they give plenty of warning and signals with their lights and indiators were the cars cut me up and less traffic on the road it is mainly lorries and if i overtake te 3lane is nearly always empty as the bigboys are not allowed i would have loved doing their job kings and queens of the roads wink.gif
annie laurie
Stuarty
I can just imagine you Driving A big truck{or as they say in Glesca a BIg Lorrie} biggrin.gif on the Mototorway,
Angela Chick
annie a keep laughing cos you said you were a basket case on the motorways laugh.gif a felt like that last night ma nerves were shot to pieces
tammy
It's my drive night tonight...I can hardly wait. rolleyes.gif

Angela how many more sleeps until your holiday now?
annie laurie
Angela,
My son told his Dad you should have put a brown bag over her heid, biggrin.gif
You see Angela our Town is only 150.000 people, but in the summertime the population doubles, as this is a holiday resort Town, we are surroouded my Lake,
Tammy Wayne Gretzky is in town to-night for the
[training camp for Team Canada}
For all the people in Glasgow Wayne Gretzky is a professional Hockey Player from Edmondton, but is now married to a American Gal and lives in the U>S>A>
Sammy how you daen,? did you have a good night out, Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
tammy
Annie,

Go get his autograph! I got JOVO's for Brittany for her 15th birthday. Saw him while I was working. I only did it for her because he is her favorite player! I have spoken with Mark Crawford and have seen Matt Cooke while working also, but there was no way I was going to ask another player for their autograph again! I was so embarrassed the first time. But, she loves it, it's framed above her bed. It says "Happy 15th Birthday Brittany, love Ed Jovanoski with his #." Hard to believe that was 2 years ago already! wub.gif

So, who's all have a drink in Betty wee house tonight?
Tori G
Hi Tammy, Angela, Annie, Stuarty, how you all goin, just reading all the posts about driving, we've got maniacs on our roads too. I used to drive a bus, yep little ole me driving buses, loved it when I was in a mining town yet hated it in the city never again too many maniacs and I mostly drove miners and school kids to and from work, n ,school. when driving the kids people seem dart out in front of you not worrying about the passengers so I quit as nearly had a few miss-haps with idiots,grrrr. I sympathise with you Tammy and Mark and you too Stuarty, Annie, on the motorways am considerate when it comes to Ambulances and Trucks, and everyone else for that matter. Well Angela have a great time on your holiday, hopefully I'll be on G.G b4 you take off so we all can have a natter, I might try tomorrow night. Stay safe everyone. wub.gif
Angela Chick
Hi girls,

tammy 2 more sleeps then i am of biggrin.gif

annie that was funny about the bag thing with your boy,

well am afraid to say a cant drive but a have always wanted to learn, but a felt it was to late for me cos am gonna be 40 this year, mark keeps telling me to take lessons so after a come back from turkey am gonna start, he gave me a wee shot of his car a few weeks ago and i did quite well a loved it.

victoria driving buses that is so cool.
annie laurie
Angela,

You are still a young Lady my goodness your life is just beginning,
As for Driving, go for it, you can do it, laugh.gif also it is a great confidence builder I would say, and you have your indepence also, free to go when and where you want, no hanging around waiting on someone to come and pick you up,
I would suggest lots of practice in the shopping parking lots first also try and take a few Private lessons it really does help, i know they are expensive but it is money well spent,
Two more sleeps,.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:-))
stuarty
driving is tee best thing i ever did it gave me so much freedom and i drive to dumfries every year in october and the trees are all russet red brown etc its so great an old neighbour of min was sixty when she passed mind you it was automatic as her instructor advised her to do that as it was easyer enjoy angela you go girl wink.gif
annie laurie
I agree Driving Automatic, is a lot easier,
and a lot less strenuous on the knees & Back, on long trips, also,
marina
my husband drives to london every monday and back again on a friday if its not london its usually somewhere in england or as far as jersey or gernsey, i used to love going with him before we had the kids, but with school and work now i dont get the chance
annie laurie
Hi Marina,
Nice to see you posting, hope you are coping O>K> I am sure it must make the weeks pass by quickly waiting for the week-ends,[does that make sense, know what i mean ] for your Husband to come home
I understand the long Distance Truck Drivers in the U>K> only get once chance to pass their Driving Test as they are very strict so he must be a very good Driver himself,
Angela Chick
Hi girls,

Annie am gonna go for it am determined to do it, as you say it gives you a lot of freedom.

Stuarty i admire you driving on the motorways your some girl biggrin.gif

Hi marina
stuarty
angela before ma marrage brokedown i was frightend to go on the moterway and a knew i would have to after ma husband went so i thought in for a penny in fur a pound a got the twins and ma pal next door and told the ex a wis gone tae scotland he said phone when i got there so wht a didny tell him a wis tsakin a detoure ta blackpool first and ma pal got a lift back fae another mate who lived near us so a didny get tae scotland for 3days and as i never went straight to glasgow a didny phone ma ex he wis screamin doon the phone why did you no phone and a said a did but the weans and i went tae blackpool first and that was my first time driving on the motorway am only two miles on the a22 road off junction6 of the m25 athat will teach the twat no tae tell me whit tae day and that was in 1991 so noo if am well i wll go on the motorways as it saves a lot a time here a go again wafflen on blah blah blah laugh.gif
Angela Chick
aww stuarty that was brill good on you, you certainly put a gas in his peep laugh.gif revenge is sweet
Tori G
You told him Stuarty!! Angela take every opportunity to drive that comes your way b4 you go for your licence, i'm sure Mark will let you drive more, and as Annie said go into the shopping centre carparks when theyre empty to practice, driving,.. parking,.. wheelies, broggies no just kidding,.. ha ha, actually I can see you doing that too ha ha. Before I got my licence I took lots of lessons so that i'd feel safe enough, and b4 starting on the buses, just call me blakey, on second thought never mind, well anyway I actually got paid to learn to drive the bus, that was so great as I was also working in another job at the time too,..(money money money) any way what im trying to say issss goooo foriiiit girl biggrin.gif ps One more sleep!!!! does it sort of feel like christmas, ha ha.
tammy
Hello Betty,

I've put the wahing out, the curtains are all clean and the stairs have been done. I've put the kettle on for a cup of tea with you. Has anybody seen Catherine, it's awfully quiet without her? I'll just wait for the kettle to boil now. smile.gif
annie laurie
Hi Tammy,
You are a good wee worker, your kettle will boil try hen, waiting on Catherine, biggrin.gif Catherine is away on holiday I think she will be back next week sometime so enjoy your Tea with Betty, Cheers!!!!
boots
Glad you have the kettle on Tammy, I'll stop in and have a cup with you if you don't mind. Is Betty off to the barn on her moterbike again? I can never catch her at home. Won't she be pleaed when she sees how you have everything sparkling. Too bad Annie Laurie didn't stop in, I would have liked the chance to chat with her too, I need to catch up on all that's been going on while I've not been around. That's a good cup of tea you've made, now what we need is a teacup reader. I wonder if any of our GG gals read cups, mabe if we wait a wee while some will come in who does.
Tori G
Glad you got the kettle boiled Tammy and Boots am parched running here and there today, well not exactly running, just lots to do already. so I hope you all dont mind I'll just make ma self a wee cuppa, the place looks great tammy nice smell fresh as the morning, thats what I like to see. Well noticed on your other posts Boots you havnae been well, hope all is getting better, and good to see you got your computer fixed. Good to have a cuppa and a natter to you, I'd like to read your tea cup though wouldnae no how quite facinating that someone could do that, ive read some books on the subject too to shy to or scared to try just in case all goes wrong ha ha and im glad im no Victoria Beckham it might be all googldy gock, a suppose i could join the dots ha ha, oh just kidding really, couldnt help ma self wi that one he he. Now got to love and leave you all till another time, thanks Tammy and Boots. Sure Annie will get in some time soon, wont you Annie. Catch you all later. I've washed ma cup and put it away.
betty2
Glad to see friends still dropping in here "Therrs nae place like hame" and this is the closest we have. Rainin here the day but am no gonny let it get tae me. Going to a silver wedding on saturday so treated masel tae something new Colour red top (its gorgeous) with a black satin skirt . and draped around my shoulders a black gorgette poncho. Noo ah need help here dae ah go wae the siver sandals and purse or stick wae the black. They baith look nice. C/mon ladies help me oot oan this wan unsure.gif

still here in glesca
stuarty
betty2 as it is a silver wedding i think the silver will compliment the occasion what ever you decide to do have a great time wub.gif
tammy
Hi Betty,

I agree with Stuarty...go with the silver! All pretty and sparkly. You sound gorgeous already! I hope you have a great time at your party! You'll be a vision!

Victoria and Boots it was nice of you to enjoy a fresh brew. Nice of Betty to share her wee house with us all.

I'm just sitting here now enjoying a coffee, to prepare for the day. Have to get my legs waxed this afternoon! ohmy.gif Have to get my courage up. The things us girls do! Later ladies.
betty2
Thanks ladies "silver" it is , was leaning that way masel but yi know how it is always good to huv anithers opinion.
Tammy therrs aye a welcome mat on display in here, and I see on anither post a new member Lia, allow me to extend a welcome to the board lia and feel free tae drop in

still here in glesca rolleyes.gif
tammy
Hi betty,

I just phoned you, but no answer. You must be out painting the town red or maybe winning millions at bingo? Maybe I'll try a wee bit later. wub.gif
tammy
has anyone seen Heather lately?
Tori G
Hi Betty I'll just make myself a cuppa again and tidy up a bit if it needs be. Now you have a great time at the party, and you'll look lovely and like Stuarty said they should match quite well, good on you Stuarty!!!
Hi Tammy did you get your legs waxed or did you chicken-out ha ha, only joking ha ha. Looks like Heather is on holidays, read from an older post. Sure she'll pop in wherever she is, we canne help oor selfs, I grab a chance when Im visiting someone whos got a computer, ha ha. Well, depending on the circumstances too I must say.
That was a nice cuppa, wonder what the poor people are doing ha ha (that was a joke we use over here when your having a good time-not trying to be rude) Well its tattie bye from me the noo and hello to all you other beautiful people who drop in.

Oh yea missing oor Angela and Catherine seems strange sometimes withoot them sure it does annaw.

Blimmin eck the neighbours next to me are huvin trees lopped, I hope no more rats or mice come in tae ma roof I've got enough as it is, I think I'll go and tell them off, actually maybe not.
betty2
Heather is in usa visiting her sister, Tammy "you phoned me??) are you loking here, anyway US poor people are getting on fine ha ha

still here in glesca

ah canny get the smiley's tae work no happy aboot that
betty2
Wherrs aw ma pals ? this used tae be a fun place Melody r u comin oot tae play?

smileys still no workin

still here in glesca
betty2
Wherrs aw ma pals ? this used tae be a fun place Melody r u comin oot tae play?

smileys still no workin

still here in glesca
tammy
Hi Betty,

I did phone you..or the number you had given me a year ago. I got an answering machine, so I don't know. But, I left a message! So, if it was the wrong number, they'll think some crazy person from Canada called! HA!HA! tongue.gif
betty2
changed my number have pm'd you

still here in glesca
Gemini
good morning foks well ah went doon tae Heather,s sister and met Heather, lovely lady for sure, we had a nice luncheon and I had brought a peach fruit cake with whipped cream and Heather,s eyes went bonkers, "oh Ria, ah huv such a sweet tooth , ah'm having seconds on that", she is enjoyning her holiday and spent the weekend in Washington D.C., visiting friends of her sister and doing the tourist thing, today they are leaving for Cape Cod for a few days and hope to visit wee mags on the way home. Its finally cooled down some here thank goodness, and the nights are great for sleeping, so nice to shut the air condition off and open the windows again.
Marion Dougan
Hi Ria, yes! Heather is a lovey lady. I had the privilege of meeting her in Glasgow with Betty 2. Wish I could turn aff the a/c an open ma windaes, still too bloody hoat here in the South. Even Aonghas is knackered efter his walks. Bobs workmates have donated 200+ hours of vacation to Bob, We were chocked up as already he has lost vacation days he had built up, due to Drs appts. tests etc. Still some wonderfull people in this world uh!!!!Well a did a wee bit feather dustin Betty and took oot the garbage. Whos turn fur the sterrs???
betty2
Good on yi Marion, aye knew yi wur haundy tae huv aroon you seem to be bearing up well considering al;l thats going on in you're life just now . Stay cheerful

still here in glesca
Tori G
Hi everyone just popping in for a wee while. Marion you sit down now and I'll dae those stairs, la de da la de da,,, wit was that Marion,,, a missed one, ok ok I'll get there,
You and Gemini, oh hi Gemini didnae see you there how you doin and nice to meet your aquaintence annaw
I hivnae hud the pleasure, just sit and laugh aboot everyones weather and holidays while we slave a wee bit tae,
dae yoooou here thaaaaaat Catherine, n, Angela, Heather u too, u see Betty we can make u laugh as well
I'm nooo that stretched for laughs, oops talkin aboot stretched
these stairs disnae take it oot a ye annaw, phew I heard u two I'm getting there, thats it am finished wae the stairs, huvnae given up theyre finished.
Where does Betty hide that white glove of hers, ah ha here it is,.....seeee its still white told u so, Pblrrrrr. Is the kettle still boiled I recon a deserve a cuppa, and a wee natter.
Well noo how are you both, the weather here disnae no wit tae dae wi its self noo, plenty of cloud, the rain, well lets call it cat spit the noo, and how often does a cat spit,,,,not much. I'm sure it will change soon enough.
Yip spring is just around the corner for us then were foriiiit with the heat next. Got to go now and feed ma wee dug, tattie bye all hope your happy and laughing now Betty.
Hurry up and get back Catherine this is hard work!!!!!! Ps you can all call me Tori if it makes it easier than vgourlay.
Gemini
hello therr vgourly pleased tae meet yir aquaitnance fer sure well seeing's as how you;ve dun aw the wurk ah'll jist sit masel doon an huv a wee cuppa wi yoo an' Marion, how yi daen hen ah'll be doon yoor way in a couple o' weeks so ah hope tae link up wi yi if things ur goan awright wi yoo, but will let yoo know, noo yoo mind an let me know whit happens the morra wink.gif
Melody
Ah see you lot huv been sittin' aboot aw day drinkin' cups o tea is it. Aw Betty take these bags o messages will ye, ah canny manage tae reach they cupboards ah'm too tired. Pass me ma slippers somebody, ah see that Marion's been left tae dae aw the work wi the feather duster ah might ad!! Right somebody put the kettle oan and it's no gonni be me this time! laugh.gif Whit's oan the telly?
Marion Dougan
Melody here's yer slippers hem, sit back I will make yer tea. Goat two wee srawberry tarts oot o Crawfords the bakers, so hope nabuddy comes in afore we git tae enjoy them. Therrs chockie bikkies in therr if onywan comes in. Don't know whit's oan the telly, lets git the Tranny oan. Ring! ring, the phone, hello Bettys wee hoose, aye right Marion it's Ria oan ma wey up fur ma tea, aye gees 15 mins. Me an Melody jist finished washin the flerrs. Right Melody drink an eat as fast as ye kin
stuarty
hello teajennies av just had an e-mail saying it is world buddy day and itis like a chain letter so a would like to know what i shoud do with it did anybody else get one as i dnt like things like that H E L P ohmy.gif
Marion Dougan
Stuart jist goat wan masell a sent ye wan did ye git it??? send it to your pals
Melody
Stuarty don't you be botherin' wi that, sit doon and make yersel comfy, at least ye'll need tae wait till we've ate these strawberry tarts but we'll keep ye a chocolate biscuit don't worry. Oh Marion that was just the ticket, dae ye want tae dae the crossword? That Jimmyd went an took the sports page again, see him, ah well this is the life, ah wonder who'll chap the door the night Marion? Mibbe, a dark and handsome stranger, mibbe even in a fireman's uniform, oh ah'll go an freshen up ma lippy just in case. Thanks Marion that strawberry tart was magic! Right who's gaun fur the fish suppers? laugh.gif
Melody
Don't yous sent it tae me, ah'll no sleep the night........ laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.