Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
That's right Stuarty, the English holidays are much later than ours. smile.gif
Melody
Marion, how are you doing? smile.gif
Tori G
Try and not worry too much there Jakka13 and I'll say a wee prayer for you, your daughter and grandson. lots of hugs too. rolleyes.gif
Gemini
Jakka thoughts and prayers are on their way for your grandson. Well we finally got the much needed rain last night tho' we could use a lot more and it was so nice to wake up this morning to some cooler weather as we have been roasting here since mid June, grass is all burnt flowers wilted and ground cracked hope thats the end of the heat wave high 90's and with heat index over 100 its been terrible havent really left the house in over 6 weeks did what I had to do and back home was starting to get cabin fever cool.gif
Melody
I don't think I'd cope with that heat Ria, mind you remind I said that in the freezing cold winter days here! laugh.gif Take Care pal.
stuarty
it is a great life changing thing that youre grandson is doing foarces life is fantastic and he will be well looked after pout him in trust of youre own god or what ever you belive in and it is worring and nerve wraking i can understand how you are feeling god bless stuarty wub.gif
Gemini
I hear you Melody we had such a freezing cold winter I said I wouldnt complain about the summer, well guess what I wont be complaining about the winter this year laugh.gif never happy are we .
annie laurie
HI Gemini & Melody,

So true we are never satisfied, we have not had rain for at least 2 Months now, here in B>C> and temp, have never dropped below 20's
The weather is changing all over the world, what is it they say we are in the Green Age,[[ or something,] here it is the Brown age, laugh.gif all the lawns etc are all dried up,anf the flowers are all dieing also, in half the time, we are also running out of Water in this Town, this world is moving too fast I guess so make the most of each Day everybody.
Melody
Indeed Annie, seems a shame that the plants aren't getting a chance there in BC. Is that most unusual weather for you there this year?
buntyq
Melody, we have been getting all the water. I tried to sit outside to read for a while after lunch but the humidity drove me indoors. You just dont get used to temps in the 90's. Installing air conditioning was a must when they built my but'n'ben. I always feel sad when flowers die. Suzy and I remember the beautiful gardens we saw in Scotland - the right amount of rain and all those lovely long summer nights. wub.gif
annie laurie
Hello Melody,
We generally have a nice hot summer, as this is the fruit growing belt so to speak[ Apples grapes, pears, apricots, peaches, plums cherries} also they have some very good Wines made here in Kelowna,
but the tempertures, have been extremely higher than usual
Or maybe as I get older cant take the hot weather as much wink.gif
Melody
I know Bunty we are spoiled in Scotland in that respect, the gardens all look lovely at the minute, we've had sunshine and showers here recently. It's light until around 9.30pm it's almost broad daylight at the minute and it's 8.40pm. I suppose that's why it's so beautiful in Scotland all the rain, so it must be worth it.
Annie, I still think it's strange that in Canada, the weather was sort of guaranteed you know sunshine in summer and suddenly frozen in winter, I suppose I'm referring more to the East coast there right enough. BC sounds lovely, all that fruit growing, imagine trying to grow grapes in Scotland? laugh.gif Although it can be done in the south of England right enough.
annie laurie
Melody you are making me hamesick, I love the long summer nights,

Hello Betty,
Was speaking to my Sister re- the Hutton family,
'She was not to sure but she did say she thought they came from Govan,
But I don't think they are any relation to you Betty, as mys Sister said,
"Quote" her words, "they are aw deid, and am sure they would be all well over a hunner," laugh.gif so you being in your Prime Betty [compliment now o.k. ]I am sure they are not related, although she did say the Brothers owned a chain of butcher shops, and were quite well to do, to bad they are all deid eh????????????????:->))
Gemini
I was surprised to read your post Annie as I thought that far north was always cooler but we finally got some rain but we do definitely need more, Kathy was telling me about all the rain you are getting down in Georgia Bunty, kept telling her send it up here, but at least with the rain we got it did cool it down some thank goodness now we are in the high 70's low 80's but this is the middle of August so that could change some you know the "dog days " of August.
tammy
Hi All,

First time I've been able to check in in a few weeks. My wee dog got attacked by a big dog, so had to take her to the vets and have her looked at. Then it was home care. Off to granparents to pick up my yongest, home to work and off for a week of holidays. Which my husband keeps telling me that he needs a hioliday to recouperate from his holiday. We have been building a new fence, a new deck, levelling the back yard and put up a pool for the girl's and redid a bathroom. Today is my first day back to work and I thought I'd pop my head in and say hi! And Annie are you getting a wee break from the crazy hot temperatures we've been having? It's been so hot,hard to sleep, but today is supposed to be our one cool day for the week. Gemini, BC gets very hot in the Summer and has more rain than snow in most areas.
Angela Chick
Hi melody,

how are ye doing, am all over the place, going to turkey on monday and am trying to remember everthing av'e got to do am getting nowhere fast laugh.gif
Melody
Hi Angela, that's always what I'm like before packing, ah hate to actually put stuff in a case, in case in gets crushed, so ah just iron everything in sight for days before hand then get panicky until it's all in and closed up. Then it worries me because it might get crushed. See ah'm a control freak and drive maself mad!! laugh.gif
Angela Chick
melody am the same a hate crushed clothes specially new clothes laugh.gif a keep having that 'i have forgot something feeling 'and its driving me crazy, am a control freak as well lauren aint packed a thing yet but i am leaving her to it cos i cant take the stress, ha ha
Melody
That's the idea Angela, if you worry about Lauren's things as well you will go completely nuts!! Anyway the young ones don't bother about such things as crushed clothes, my girls have been known to stuff things into a backpack and off they go around the world happy as you like laugh.gif They just laugh at me now. You'll have a great time just enjoy the looking forward part of it now.
Angela Chick
melody your lassies have got the rite idea, laid back and no stress, a wish a was like that i worry about everything laugh.gif
Melody
Oh Angela it's a West of Scotland thing ah think , if ye've no got a worry ye'll find wan!! laugh.gif We're no happy if we've no got a worry!
Angela Chick
laugh.gif aye melody you are right

i mind years ago a said to ma mum ' am worried about something and a canny mind wit it is'

she laughed at me for hours ha ha
Melody
How did it get tae 9.20pm, oh see this workin' lark it's no funny!
Melody
laugh.gif Ye widnae be right till ye remembered whit is was Angela.
Angela Chick
melody to this day a canny mind laugh.gif

aye melody your back tae the grindstone on thursday
Melody
Angela, whit'll we dae noo? C'mon we'll dae somethin daft......any ideas? laugh.gif Oh naw it's nearly ma bedtime, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak1
Angela Chick
me tae melody av'e been up since the crack of dawn and am shattered so i will say nite to you biggrin.gif
Melody
Night Night Angela, go and dream about your holiday my little Turkish Delight! laugh.gif
Angela Chick
thanks melody you are a star biggrin.gif
tammy
Angela,

Enjoy your lovely holiday! Stress free and sunshine! cool.gif
Angela Chick
Thanks tammy,

I sure will sun sand and sea nothing to beat it biggrin.gif
Heather
Have a good time Angela.

Sun, sea and sand, with a little drink to quench the thirst. laugh.gif
annie laurie
Good Night Angela,
Sleep well,
But I hope you will be back to-morrow again, you have got 5 days yet before you leave, laugh.gif
[You worry if you Die and you worry if you don't]
Used to be me. to but you know what another 10 years and you will be worry free, you slow doon as you age hen honestly I used to be the world's worse worrier, Honest.
annie laurie
Hello Tammy,
My goodness i am tired reading all about yout renovation, you deserve a holiday
Yes it has been a lot hotter than usual but i think it might rain to-night cloudy now
Hello Stuarty & Boots how are you both doing???????? biggrin.gif
jakka13
Hi Tammy, hope your dog is O.K. Many thanks for the good wishes for my grand-son .I'm sure hell do just fine .He's been in the cadets since he was about eleven so he's familiar with what's expected from him .It's just such an unsettled world we all live in now that we never know where he will end up .
We've had a better day weather wise here no smog or humidity just nice sunshine .We're still at the lake and having a great time .The kids all have a ball ,and that's what it's all about .Good night all .
Angela Chick
Thanks heather you enjoy america,

Annie laurie i will remember that you said about worrying biggrin.gif

jakka13 best wishes to your grandson.
Gemini
Angela have a great time in Turkey take plenty of photies, and Heather looking forward to meeting you safe trip for both you ladies. Went to Atlantic City yesterday had a good day and weather was just fine a wee bit drizzly but that didnt dampen anyones spirits, so Melody how was shcool, ah remember the first day back tae school efter the summer and wondering what the new teacher wid be like ah feel like a wee cuppa did anybody pit the kettle oan, ah feel a wee pairty comin oan what wi Heather leaving for the USA and Angela leaving fur Turkey here ah made up some sannies and ah broat in some bikkies. wink.gif
Angela Chick
Hi gemini,

am no gone till monday, but it nearly there biggrin.gif

a will have a great time thanks

best wishes

angela chick
betty2
Angela have a good time in Turkey (as if yi need telt)

Got a message for you all from boots she is having problems getting into the site, and also when she does manage it she is'nt able to type much, This is due to trouble with her wrists and hands (athritis ) She is asking for you all especially you mags.

Was planning to go for a weekend trip to blackpool next month, so thought I'd better check this out with the hospital first' So noo am no gawn tae blackpool or onywherr else meantime mad.gif .S/no ferr

still here in glesca
Melody
Just saying hello Boots if yer managing to look in. Take Care of yourself.

Betty, how whit did the hospital say? They never telt ye ye could'nae go tae Blackpool did they?
stuarty
betty 2 i always get holiday broucheres and imagine i am there it works wonders for me just a sugestion smile.gif as i can always shut my eyes and pretend
betty2
Forgot to add
Remember last year I helped a lady in canada find her family who lived in the area I stay in Well unfotunately she cant travel but her sister who lives in the usa is arriving in glasgow on sunday morning to meet up with this famoly she has never met, and has asked for me to be at the airport when she lands. Now is that no nice I'm looking forward to seeing these cousins meeting for the first time . Bet it'll be a real tear jerker

still here in glesca
betty2
Melody what was said was that it was'nt advisable, my op. is on the 9th sept. maybe too soon to go gallavantin huh.gif

POOR ME

atill here in glesca
stuarty
i only joined n may but what a privlage to see thereunion fantastic take the tissues betty2 good luck smile.gif
betty2
Am off tae bingo wish me luck rolleyes.gif
stuarty
hope you win the big wan beety2 good luck wink.gif
annie laurie
If you Win remember we could be related away away back, Guid Luck have fun
Angela Chick
Thanks betty,i surely will

Melody my sister says a live my life through songs, a remember you saying that in a post, like yourself a canny live without music,

so if music be the food of love play on biggrin.gif
Melody
Nor me Angela and I love all types of music, it calms the trembling soul. That was a lovely post of Quester's sure it was? I think we can all relate to it, when times are tough we search for a happier time when we were surrounded by those we loved and who loved us, to be a child again, protected and snug.
Angela Chick
Melody i was in the middle of posting there and got booted off the gg laugh.gif

as you say who could live without music,

my wee street is so quiet the night, all the kids must be tucked up in bed for school tomorrow,

aye quester has a lovely way with words
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.