Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Angela we always have a laugh about remembering the days of opening exam results in our house, because they would lift the dreaded envelope and run into the toilet and shut the door before opening it. laugh.gif Well done again, take a bow Mum.
Angela Chick
laugh.gif aye a know melody, we were the same she went into her bedroom this morning and never came out for about 10 minutes,while i sat in the living room waiting patiently.

angelachick
aaron king
LAST TO KNOW AGAIN,WELL DONE LAUREN smile.gif
Gemini
WELL DONE LAUREN you must have been so proud Angela wink.gif
Angela Chick
Thanks guys, proud i am biggrin.gif

angelachick
marina
well done lauren, i hope your mum is going to give you a nice wee pressie for passing, good on you girl
Catherine
Great readin here...
Congratulations to both of ye Angela, that's fantastic news.
As for no gettin the pass on some....basically ye jist never gave them the answers they waanted Lauren, disnae mean to say ye werr wrong hen, jist different ..nae such thing as a fail if ye tried, ye fail only when ye DON'T try wink.gif

Cripes ah'll be gettin the phone call the day fae home, and it'll be ma AIN Lauren's results ah'll get, keep ye's posted.
Also the family werr doon in London ower the weekend there, ma wee cousin goat married so cannae wait fur the gen oan that either. Ah think they arrive back this afternoon, then they're aw jettin off again tae Portugal the morra...but that's awright ah don't mind missin oot...nae bother naw really!!!

Anyway, need tae gie ye's a laugh.
Last night ah wis daen the crafts wae the weans, Jake said ahd like tae huv a garden party mum canna?
Ah said that'd be lovely pet...who ye invitin blah blah..

Goat up this mornin {oh aye furgoat tae tell ye's a put the wrang colour oan ma herr last night and ahd tae go oot annaw.. walkin aboot like a letter boax wae legs}
Anyway...so ma furst thoat as ah opent the eyes this mornin wis cripes ma herr...little did ah no mair wis tae follow!

Jake's aw excited, 'Okay mum,so ah put ma invites oot when ye werr oot last night, so ma garden party's at 11 an such an such is comin an kin ye set up ma music for me, get the food oot an the things ye need fur a garden party please an thankyou an ahm aw excitit...
Ah jist burst oot the laughin..WHIT DAE YE DAE?????

So....seven oot the back the noo, ahd tae drag the table aff the deck an pit it in the gerden cos it's in the shade therr, they're swingin aff the tree hoose, musics blerin, inside the hoose looks like a hurricane's went through it....but the boys are THRILLED.
Ahv a feelin the bar's gaunni be opent early the day!
wee mags
a hiv a good wan my son John was 10 at the time and he said when he came in from school"oh by the way Ma, Iam having aprty the morra night" yae cannae John I have to get stuff "dont worry Ma I gave ma pals a list of what tae bring" well the nday the boys start coming an
the mothers say thats nice of you to have this party for the boys,and each mom gave me whatever was on the list that John had given their son ,I apoligised and said Iam sorry he done this on his own,one mother laugh hysterical another said Hey John am hiring you the next time a hiv a party, even now when I meet the Mothers thats one of our "Remember when stories" biggrin.gif
also congrats to Lauren nice job
Catherine
Here ah like Johns thinkin mags , ah'll be passin that wan oan tae these two afore ony future plans they're thinkin of come up laugh.gif

Ye'll no balieve it, wis jist talkin to Joanne therr an mums broke her haun noo, fell ower fresh air two hoors after arrivin fur the weddin weekend in London ...goat the cast up tae her elbow noo.
Ahm jist away tae phone the patient hersel an get the latest update.
Honest tae God ma mums turnin oot like calamity Jane, a few year ago she'd broke her arm when she slipped oan the sterrs, goat a cast oan that an three week later tripped ower a bag lyin an broke the ither wan. So she'd the two arms cast at the same time.
Here's hopin she's no gaun fur a double act this time!

On the bright side, ma neice goat her two A's she wis hopin for, French an Business Management, she's been accepted intae Glasgow Uni {wis conditional she upped they two grades an now she has} but ah think she's optin fur Strathclyde as the programme she's gaun in tae gives mare leeway fur branchin if she chooses to.
Ma Nephew goat four 1s an two 2s in his O'levels, an husnae a clue whit he's gaunni do in his Fifth year an he's draap dead gorgeous annaw ...so life's pretty good fur aw the 'weans' the day oan this page sure it is Angela.
Angela Chick
Catherine, glad the boys are havin a rare terr in the garden laugh.gif,
congratulations to your lauren and your nephew well done to them,

Hi mags, was laughing at your john's stunt that was funny and good thinking to,

as ye say catherine good on the weans the day.

angelachick
stuarty
welldone lauren enjoy youre exam passes and your mum is so proud of you are you staying on at collage down in surrey we call it 6th form collage ok sweetheartwelldone once again wub.gif
Angela Chick
Thanks stuarty, thats her going into 5th year next week. biggrin.gif
Heather
Wee Mags, I thought your John's party idea was hysterical and brilliant. laugh.gif

Well done to all with their exam results.

I well remember the tension when my son was opening his exam results. My heart was going ten to a dozen, the next thing we were hugging and jumping about.
wee mags
heres another John story I had been in the hspital having my gallblader removed, he was doing his own home work and Mike being the dad never checked it ,so Iam home recovering and say John wheres your home work ' dont worry Ma the teacher said since you are sick I can have time off to help you , the wee bell goes aff in ma heid!!!
so when I was a bit better the teacher asks me to come in to see her, so aff I go ,Goodmorning Mrs Amato Iam sorry to have to tell you that John has not done any work ,and when I checked his spelling test he showed me work done ten weeks ago "What do you mean"? well when I checked his spelling test he has been showing me the same spelling test !!!!!!!!! "so what are you going to do about this ?took a look and theres John about to pass over for he knows am gonnae lecture him ,then I thought what kind of teacher is she not to have checked his spelling properly,"So I said you tell me what Sister Rose does to you for allowing it " then I will deal with John.next day I get a call "Mrs Amato I would like to seee you " it was the headmistress off again ready totface sister Rose she said the teacher was at fault for allowing it to go too far ,
the look on Johns face was worth awe the tea in China , and she sent John off to his class,and she said to me Margaret hes going places that boy "yer right tae jail if he keeps this up" oh no she says for I done the same thing only I was in College ach well thats ma John a jist love him, but dont let him know for he will say see you Ma!!!!! biggrin.gif
Tori G
Well done Lauren
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Keep up the good work</span>.

Good on Catherines rellies too

Great to read the other stories biggrin.gif
Melody
Oh come on we need to cheer ourselves up, whit can we talk about, go think up some good topics somebody, something happy and nostalgic and funny, ah'll go and have a think............an that's no easy fur me ye know! laugh.gif
betty2
Huv yi no come up wae summit funny and hysterical yet melody am needin a wee bit cheerin up the noo dry.gif Nuthin serious jusr been a lot o sadness recently.

THINK THINK THINK

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
Melody
Aw ma pal, don't you be sad, whit aboot talkin' aboot the first time ye went tae a dance, ye know whit ye wore, ye know like a school dance yer quali somethin like that. The very first time, or yer first kiss, or yer first love, oh ah remember ma first love. Oh he wis gorgeous. Ach ah canny think o anything new other than something like that, kin you think?
betty2
Am fine pal canny afford tae go doon

Ah.ve still gorra livin an lovin tae dae

still here in glesca
Melody
Aye well get yersel intae that first love post an tell us aboot the first wan, oh whit huv ah tae dae wi yez. laugh.gif
Melody
Guess whit, ah was talkin' tae Kaz, he's lovely sure he is? Ah really miss him, he was saying about the great laughs we used to all have. Great fella. smile.gif Noo don't be jealous Betty, he was asking fur ye hen. Oh aye and you Catherine.
Gemini
well here ah go again, comin ootta the shopping center and there this great big backhoe coming towards me, noo he has the bucket up in the air so he cannae see me an' ah cannae see him so ahm laying oan the horn, cannae back up cos there's a line behind me, an' he comes oan acoming so ah jump oot an ah start waving tae him wid you believe he waves back at me, stoap stoap ahm yelling an aw his cronies ur hysterical so finally the driver turns tae me an he says Sorry maam we are not allowed to give anybody a ride in the bucket, cheekey bugger but ah hud tae laff another kodak moment, need tae start an cairry a camera wi me. laugh.gif
aaron king
a keep looking in tae these posts tae see if a wis wan o yer first loves,alas sad.gif
stuarty
och arron king you can be my second first love if you get what i mean wub.gif
betty2
Whit dae yi mean rendevousing wae Kaz ahint ma back mekody tongue.gif Aye is certainly a lovely guy mel. wherr did yi meet him??????????? You been slippin inrae the toon centre fur a wee meet aw oan yir ain.

still here in glesca
Melody
In the name o God as if ah'd dare tae meet wi your Kaz withoot tellin' ye laugh.gif Naw ah was jist talking to him by pm on the boards, just thought I'd show off a wee bit! I was just thinking how much we miss him, he's such a lovely person, sure he is, mind the laughs we used to have some nights, those were great days on here.
betty2
Sure were melody many were the nights ah sat here an killed masel laffin. Shame a lot o that got lost when GGBB1 went down. Dae yi remember when we recreated "Gone wae the wind" that wis hysterical biggrin.gif an even the men took part. Golden memories.

still here in glesca
Melody
Wish we could recreate that atmosphere, it was special then.
Oor Catherine says to pass on that she's getting organised for the cottage so ah don't know if she'll manage back on the boards in the meantime. She says she might get access to a computer at the library and if so we might see her on. smile.gif How ye doin' Betty?
betty2
Feelin a bit bored the night Lee is child mindin his young cousin so am INMASEL story o ma life these days. Nor to worry ah enjoy ma ain company mibby huv a wee imperatiff later on. So Ms canada is awa tae her but n ben she leads a life o Riley.

Wonder how ladykate an doremi never came back on they were good company , shared many good times wae them. So if yir lookin in ladies why not gie os a big HELLO

STILL HERE IN GLESCA
Angela Chick
Hi betty,

A mentioned tae my mum about charlotte st school she was visiting me the day so i showed her your photo in the gallery, but she canny place ye, i made a mistake she did not go there till 1954 and funny enough she fininshed in class 2b3 the same as you biggrin.gif

angelachick
Melody
Oh Betty, we had some good times it seemed to be a lot busier in those days, that's right ladykate and doremi wonder what happened to them. How did Lee's team get on last week?
betty2
Got beat in the semi final by a team fae Paisley. But he was quite happy they got that far. It was hard going playing from friday then both saturday and sunday and it was'nt just one game per day, poot soul was knackered but he enjoys his game.
So are you all prepared for work on tuesday?

still here in glesca
betty2
Angela I left school in 1954 and believe me I have changed ah mean 40 years on an been roon the block too oaften biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
betty wen i told my mum your surname she said she was a famous star wink.gif
betty2
Aye Betty Hutton starred in Annie get you're gun" nae relation tho sad.gif

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
betty you are a star in yer ain right biggrin.gif
annie laurie
Melody,

Is the schools back next week in the U>K> ???????????don't go back here untill after the Sept long Week-end, Sept 6th, my 2 boys are School Teachers, one o them is not really happy though and would love to change his profession, but love's the $$$$ and holidays that teachers get, seems like the summer has just flown by, tongue.gif
Melody
Our schools go back on 16th August Annie, children on the 18th.
Where are you again Annie? Believe it or not it just flys by. laugh.gif
annie laurie
Hi Melody,
I live in Kelowna B>C> Canada, my youngest Son right now is teaching in Tiwain, [English] he loves it there has been there 3 years but will be home at Christmas all going well, they are paid in U>S> $$ earn good money,
He went there because he could not get a job here but hopefully will be able to next year ,
The nights here are beginning to draw in [as they say in Dear old Scotland,] dark by 9pm[ sign summer is coming to and end now,] ]that is one of the things I miss about Scotland, the lovely long summer evenings and the Sunsets, I remember as a young girl playing out till 10 10.30pm and it was still light but at least we do have the day light savings time, as in AUstralia it gets dark by 7 .730pm. but being so hot there they are glad to see the sun go down I am sure, enjoy the rest of your holiday Meldoy tongue.gif
annie laurie
Hello Betty,

One of my Mum's Sisters married a guy by the name of Hutton, cant remember his first name though, her maiden name was Brawley, long time ago, both are deceased now, Hutton is not a very common name really is it?????????who knows maybe you are related way way back Betty tongue.gif
betty2
Annie the Hiuton's I am related to originally came from Govan , my father and his brother were brought to the easend of glasgow after the death of their mother. There are quite a few families in the eastend by the same name but no relation to me. Would be interesting to know where you're aunt's husband came from.

Aye the nights are starting to draw in here

still here in glesca
annie laurie
Betty I will try and find out, I will be talking to my Sister in Johnston Renfrewshire at the week-end, O>K> she knows all the family history better than me, have a good week-end, Cheers!!!!!!!!!!
betty2
will look forward to hearing from you Annie , Have yourself a good weekend biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
wee mags
Hi Betty hows things in Glesga the night, ur yae keeping everyone in line? cool.gif
betty2
Everything her OK mags but ah wish something exciting wid happen tae spice things up a bit biggrin.gif

???????????????????????????????
jakka13
Hi Betty, sorry I can't add much excitment for you .All I can add is a request to all our pals who read this to say a wee prayer for my grand-son who became a member of the army yesterday .He's wanted this since he was a wee boy ,but his Mum and I were in tears .He was our wee boy.
betty2
rolleyes.gif

still here inglesca
Melody
Aw Jakka that's very difficult I'm sure we'll all pray for him, I suppose we aways think of them as little ones. Take Care.

As for you Miss Betty, whit's wrang wi ye? It's no like you tae be fed up, get yer party dress oan an ah'll lend ye the Red Pradas that ah've no got!! laugh.gif Dae ye fancy a night at the Barrowland?
buntyq
Betty, I was strolling (nice word) through this post and I think we need one of your great poems. Today, Sunday, is the first good day we have had in weeks. Seems that come suppertime the skies darken, the thunder rolls, and we get downpours. My daughter tells me that Connecticut longs for rain. Can't win.
stuarty
annie laurie the weans doon south in thre u k dont go back until september rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.