Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
Enjoy your break at the cottage catherine, have a blast. biggrin.gif

angelachick
betty2
Sorry george my greeting should have read Hi

Finally got the date for the eye op. go to gartnavel on the 30th august for pre-op. assessment then all being well admitted for op. on the 9th september. Waited long enough for this. A
wee while away yet so as the scarlet wummin say's "I'll think about it tomorrow" thats fae gone with the wind . Jist in case some o you'sa never saw the film biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Marion Dougan
Hi guys. Hope all goes well Betty. Catherine enjoy the cottage. I have my new email address, if anyone wants it please pm me. If a dinna git ony pms am gonna stert greetin ha ha ha
andypisces1
therrs that marion back again...whit wis they said in the jaws movie....jist when ye think its safe tae come back tae the street ....etc.....only kiddin marion glad tae see yer back...dont mean when you are going....send me your e-mail ....andra
betty2
Hi marion nice rae have you back

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Its quiet in betty's the night,

were is everbody ohmy.gif
Melody
Hi Angela, how you doin? See oor Marion popped in she's a riot, so funny, we've had some good nights wi Marion on the boards.
Funny old day though! Still it's the holidays just started for us, and it feels great except that I'm so tired, it must be reaction to getting through the last week!! wacko.gif
Angela Chick
Hi melody, am doing fine

aye you must be shattered but you will be so looking forward to all your freedom now smile.gif
betty2
Melody just think of all the free time you have ahead of you on the next 6 weeks. Shopping for you're holiday amongst other things. Marion's back that should liven things up, have'nt seen boots posting to-day maybe she's relaxing after her day with the family yeterday. Angela yes its quiet in here to-night so I'm gonny run a nice hot bath and soak in it . Got some good cd's when I was on holiday so I think I'll have a music night wae a large vodka in my hand . Last one out lock the door tongue.gif

cheers
Gemini
well here it is 1.30am an' ahm still awake, wis in a nice fitful sleep when this awful smell woke me, a bliddy skunk right ootside mah bedroom windae, och the stink sure did open up they nasal passages fur sure, noo ahm gonnae be up awe night, naebody tae talk to as yir awe sleeping oan baith sides of the big puddle, see Marion back oan hi hen and George Muir welcome back George, well guess ah'll go intae the game room and see if anybudy is playing game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of poker g'nite
betty2
Up wae the lark this mornin, ma boy gets hame fae spain the day , god ah missed him . He'll no be 5mins. in the door an the music will be blastin an me shoutin tae turn it doon , but these are the things yi miss maist . Canny be daen wae this quiet. Gawn tae a 60th birthday bash the night so a busy day lies ahead. Ben husnae even roused yet fur walkies. Mibbt slip back under the duvet fur anither wee hour biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Gemini
well 3a.m think ah'll try the bed again noo that the skunk left, big day the morra so ah need tae get some sleep or ah'll no be worth didley, g'night all . smile.gif
Marion Dougan
Hi Gemini, hope you goat back tae sleep awright. Hi Betty and Melody. it's 7:30AM aye AM an am oot the bed, Aonghas does not have his crate noo fur sleepin in, so when the alarm goes aff, he nudges the bed, then when Bob leaves he dives right in, he knows his Daddy wullnae lit him oan the bed. This movin is the pits, went tae storage last night, with a little help from Glenda and Bobby, they have been soooo good helping us with this move, thy know we're gittin auld, bloody awful when ye turn the big 50 an people think yer auld. Hi George Muir, how are you? well time tae git Haydans room finished, she leaves fur Ohio the morra, then when she comes home I have her for a week, yeah!!!! then taking her to N. Myrtle 5 August fur a long weekend. Glenda and Bobby are comin Sunday fur a Champagne brunch, big holiday weekend here. Have a great weekend everyone, love ya
Gemini
hey Marion went tae bed but ah read mah book tae aboot five then finally fell asleep but wis up 8.30 so you beat me this morning, not doing anything this weekend except mibbee go see the fireworks, fur awe youse ower there this is fourth july weekend big hoaliday here, ah jist hope the rain stays away fur the wans that ur travelling, mibbee ah'll head doon tae atlantic city we'll see. Morning to all, ah see melody is finally oan hoaliday frae school, dae you huv ony plans tae go away somewhere this summer, need tae run noo "HAPPY FOURTH" tae all the yanks.
Melody
Mornin' ya lazy lot, there's no a member on here except me this mornin' it's a funny wee feelin' ah've got a terrible temptation tae run through aw the topics, you know like when ye've got lots of fresh snow an ye want tae run through it all. Dae ye know whit ah'm talkin' aboot? Ah'm no sure! laugh.gif Girls away tae Edinburgh for the G8 stuff, ah'm away tae hit Markies, an any other unsuspectin' purveyor of holiday clothes, God ah'm so daft fur ma age sure ah um? Just thought ah would share the confused contents of ma head, bet yer aw delighted aboot that, an ye should see the pile o ironin' ah've got wi all this good weather.
Catch ye later pals, have a lovely day.
jakka13
Good on ya Melody .I've just finished watching the last of the broadcasts of the concerts .We've been watching on and off all day .I like you would rather have been shopping .I have been ,(between concert sites)sitting in the sun as has possibly Catherine .Our weather today has been picture perfect .
betty2
This seems the most apt place to post this

It must be nigh on 31/2 yrs since I first posted this topic and since then many of you came in and made it a very popular place . And in that time I made many friends , there was also others who did'nt agree with me on other points, but thats life and you canny win them aw biggrin.gif . Going back to those earlier days here on GG I think that melody and myself were the first to meet up, and what a memorable night that was , thank you melody. Next came the big meet which was organised by big al and members came from canada and the usa and different parts of england and of course there were us who were fortunate who resided in scotland think that was you and me kaz. The crowning point of that meet was that Martin the man who put so much time and effort into making this site what it is today complimented us with his company. Not forgetting our dear friend "the bardeau" who couldnt be with us but who sent the sum of 100 all the way from austrailia for the kitty. If you're reading this Ed we miss you too long since we last heard from you.. Next came the meet in usa where wee mags played host another memorable day thank you mags.

I did'nt want to just disappear from the boaed , and naw am no in the huff, without thanking all of you lovely people for sharing so much with me . I feel have no longer any thing more to contribute to the board I will look in now and again merely out of curiousity . I have too much to deal with at the moment, so I wish you all well, and to the newer members keep this grand old place going. And to you Martin thank you for allowing me this pleasure

betty2
Isobel
Good luck to you Betty whatever you are going to be getting up to. I'm sure you will be keeping in touch with many of the folks on the board who have come to look on you as a dear friend.
I only look in from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. I have enjoyed most of your posts.I just hope all is well with you Betty,as this comes as a bit of a surprise. Take care, God bless. Isobel
annie laurie
Hello Betty,
I just finished reading your posting, but when i came to the second half i could not believe what I was reading, infact i reread it again, I was so surprised

I am saddened to hear this, but pray maybe things will change I hope you are well, and everything will be O>K> in August, for you, {re your eye tests} hopefully I have that right, as i think you mentioned that in August you will be having some more tests done,
Please take care, maybe you just need a wee rest i will miss you, like all the rest of the GG board will to, , hopefully you will be back soon, till them
God Bless ohmy.gif
Angela Chick
Hi ya betty, like annie i was kinda surprised to hear that, i know i dont know you all that well but i feel as if i do,

anyway good luck in the future and all the very best to you,

take care of yourself you will be missed god bless.

angelachick
anne
Betty2, so sorry to hear that you won't be posting for a while, you have contributed a lot to this board and a lot of it very funny. I know a lot has been happening on the board and some of it not very nice. We will miss your posts so don't stay away. Love

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
Melody
Well I'm totally unaware of anything not very nice happening on the boards, I sincerely hope that nothing nasty has happened to you Betty, you would be the greatest of losses to these boards, basically you have created the main source of friendship and fun and the main reason for many's participation on here. I'll be in touch privately.
Melody
I was going to attempt a wee tribute to Betty here, however I am too sad about it to speak of her leaving us .
Personally, she has been a great friend to me, she has started this wonderful topic which has given me such pleasure over the years. Don't be too long away Betty, who will ah talk tae when ah'm feelin' down? Who's fire will a light? Who's tea an biscuits will ah make? Who's gonni have a wee party at the drop of a hat?
Will that old bottle never spin again? Ah'm fed up withoot ye already, an jist wait till Jimmyd sees this he'll be in the doldrums withoot ye. sad.gif
Kaz61
Just liks annie laurie I read this post and had to read it again and can honestly say I had one o' they sharp intakes o' breath.

For whatever reason Betty you've decided to take "Time out" ah hope it's not for long - or indeed for the wrong reasons.

That big meet in Glasgow (I've still got the badge) still brings a smile tae ma face, it wis a great day.....with great people, I've also still got Davies book (signed copy).

I cannot recall how I came across this site, just "surfing the net" as they say..........but what a find....a gem of a site.

Many a nightshift spent talking on that wee mini chat room in the early hours.

Ah rember posting the first few times and eagerly awaiting replies (and like others feeling left oot when naebuddy did reply) but it didnae take long tae become part o' the gang (no the slut reds..lol)

It was yourself Betty - and Catherine, Rabbie, Shamus, Big Al, Davy, Melody to name but a few that were the first guys who I remember posting with.........then later Marg, Mags Gemini the Bard, Archie etc etc etc.....and although not getting on board as much just now I still keep sneeking a look in to see whit's whit.

So needless tae say quite ah shock.....but had to post something Betty just to say the very best of wishes and thanks for all the fun and posts (for now ay!!)

Hope you look in again Betty to see this.

Cameron xxx
Catherine
ohmy.gif ....
Melody
See if we aw shut wur eyes tight hard shut an say a wee tiny prayer, mibbe Betty will come back fur a wee minute. smile.gif
Catherine
Oor betty will be back Melody don't you worry pet, sure this is her hoose sure it is.....but see that wee tiny prayer yer talkin aboot...well...ehm gaunni say it fur ma boys cos ahv jist took the flakey here...
Done nuthin but waashin an mare waashin aw day here, wis jist upsterrs gettin masel sorted an asked them tae go doon an get a t'shirt, shorts an soaks an pants fur the morra, remember yer jammies..then come back up an get yer toothbrushes...then go back doon an get yer backpacks an that's you packed fur the sleepower at Auntie Donna's.
Might add it wis aw sittin here in piles aw folded...
Well...
Ah comes doon the sterrs an every bitta laundry ahv folded hus been turnt upside doon..cos Max waanted a certain colour a SOAKS!!!!!!
Two of them belted up the sterrs faster than Winkie as mare smoke belched oot ma ears in fury!
Ahm doon here hidin oot till ahv calmed doon, either that or go up an bloody murder them the noo laugh.gif
Melody
Aw naw no the ironin' aw wasted, anythin' but the ironin', ah understaun absolutely how ye feel hen. Noo take a deep breath an remember and say after me.............It's only ironin' ....it's only ironin' ......it's only ironin'.........no workin'? Ach well just go up the sterrs an shout at the two o them, efter ye stoap laughin' at the two wee wonderful faces! laugh.gif
Catherine
Butter widnae melt in therr mooths the noo Melody.
Mammy dearest hus calmed doon, an hus decided that since ahv goat the weans oan an overnight masel then Daddy dearest kin clean up the bloody mess when he gets hame tae his nice quiet hoose aw tae hisel...ahm jist...lettin goooooooohh laugh.gif

Aff tae drive up the Don Valley noo, well known as the parkin lot here....an if wan driver DARES tae cut me aff...y'no!
Catch ye later pet, mind get Markies biscuits in, betty cannae resist them.
wee mags
I looked at this post and thought whits the matter wae oor betty ? then I remembered she is set tae hiv an operation so maybe she is jist goannae take some time tae herself ,so to the best poledacer that ever came oot o Scotland ,take yer time and A for wan hope Yer no a wae tae bide awae,so fae ma tae you all the best . And Haste ye back as you have often told others wub.gif
jakka13
Hope you read all these posts Betty before your wee rest and I hope it is only a wee rest .I haven't known you very long but you welcomed me to the board and made me feel like one of the gang .Whit are we gonna da without you. ? .If we go on wee trips we can always tell you about them and even if your not posting we'll know that you are still close to all of us .You are one very special lady and a class act and don't worry .I'll keep your stairs clean and your windows shining till your up to doing them yourself .God Bless sad.gif .Jakka
Archie Millar
I think Catherine is right and Betty will come back efter a wee while. The boards are "addictive"--I know, I was off them for a time,but I came back and, when your computer goes doolally you will certainly miss them
Come back tae yir wee hoose soon Betty!!!
-----------------------------------------------------
Gemini
aye yir right archie, the board is very addictive, how many of us stayed away fur a wee while and came back, haw catherine huv yi calmed doon noo, ah wid huv dun the same thing as you, "UP THE STERR, AN' DON'T CUM DOON TIL AH CAW YI" that wid huv bin me laugh.gif
wee mags
well Betty this lot urnae dain whit they said they wid !!!!!!!!
no am stuck wae awe the clean up and that lot are gettin set fur Saturday,they think they are gonnae hiv a perty,but am gonnae get the locks chinged mad.gif
Isobel
Oh Mags you cant do that how would the rest of us get in?
wee mags
well Isobel,a chinged ma mind ,I hope yaes dont mess the hoose up too much biggrin.gif
Melody
Happy Birthday Angela and Griff. smile.gif
jakka13
Hi Wee Mags,Does this mean you'll take care of Betty's hoose till she joins us again ? It's nice to know someone will take charge of all us wandering people lost for somewhere to go .If I promise to be tidy can I come in ? Maybe we could take a wee trip to Blackpool.I've never been there and all I know of it is you get good rock.Maybe we can tell Betty where we are going ?
Angela Chick
Hi ya girls, so whats the plan for this weekend,

big party with plenty of refreshments, good music and a couple of kissograms. laugh.gif

hopefully betty might pop in, what do you say girls.

angelachick
Melody
Oh Angel see at ma age, ye'd need tae keep the paramedics on hand........... just in case. Then again if we're talkin firemen..........ah could mibbee force masel. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
oh melody i just now you could force yourself lol

picture the scene you sitting between 2 big gorgeous firemen,

and them hanging on to your every word laugh.gif

angelachick
Marion Dougan
Angela, Melody I have just vacumed the hoose, washed up the dishes, goat a wee boatle Voddie, so that's a guid stert tae the perty. Whit time. The sterrs need washed, it's no ma turn an ma back is buggered. Who's up fur the sterrs????
Angela Chick
Hi marion, a will do the stairs, cos your backs sore laugh.gif i think its my turn anyway,

so we have 2 bottles a voddy for a start and av'e got a bottle of southern comfort as well so we are laughing

angelachick
Melody
Noo Angela dae you remember that sore heid ye had.......remember when ye said 'Never ever again'...well what can ah say. Ye'll no need drink if you've got the fire service in! laugh.gif See that's yous got me started again! ah too auld fur this carry oan. Marion talk tae her your at least hauf sensible .....sometimes!!
Angela Chick
Aye melody, a know a canny handle drink, but jist think melody it will be a great night out , am up for it a dont care about the sore head. laugh.gif

angelachick
Melody
Aye well don't you greet tae me in the mornin' laugh.gif Who does that sound like?
Marion Dougan
Och whit the heck. Let's jist party and worry tomorrow when it happens. Am stying aff the rid biddy, that diz me in. Thanks Angela fur dain the sterrs, Melody 'ill dae them next week wub.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Hi Marion, aw right ah'll believe ye, see if you two get me intae trouble!
Angela Chick
Marion you and me get melody into trouble, "as if" we would never do that eh laugh.gif

we will be as good as gold ha ha

angelachick
Gemini
hey girls dae yous mind if ah bring pina colada, jist luv that stuff noo is therr onything else yous need, ahve goat a couple o' firemen freens that ah cud bring wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.