Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
hi marina, no wonder you are tired it must be all that clearing out you did last night laugh.gif

angelachick
Angela Chick
oh archie, you hid me howling yesterday wen ye said your teeth were rattling aboot like jorries in a jar i dont mean to offend its just the way you said it biggrin.gif

angelachick
Melody
Wonder how Betty's gettiing on on holiday, now normally the Isle of Wight should be a good rest for her, however knowing her she'll no be at peace for two minutes. Whit a lovely woman she is! smile.gif Do you know that on two minutes of meeting her you feel as though you've known her all your life, you know those very few people in this world that you do that with, well she's one of them.
Ah better stop talkin' aboot her, she'll catch me!! ( Ah'll jist say it was Catherine)
wee mags
aye she is I will vouch for that when she came here for our wee meet we all were like long lost pals she stole the show ,naw it was a competion between her and Catherine and ma wee lassie cannae forget Marion ,Betty was known as the pole dancer,aye yea hiv tae love her biggrin.gif
boots
Hi folks, my daughter got the computer working tonight (Friday) and I was able to use it just before midnight, thankfully in time to say farewell to Barbara. So far the puter hasn't shut down on me or sent me any more scary messages. One thing though, is still not corrected and that is the tool bar (I think that's what it's called) the bar along the bottom of the screen where it shows START, OPEN PROGRAMMES, TIME, DATE and DAY etc. My bar is now at least double the height it used to be and time,date and day are layered one on top of the other - three high, so are some symbols. We can't figure out how it got that way or how to fix it. It's not like that for the other users, just me. Anyone got any ideas? Anyway it's after two a.m. so I am off to bed. Will catch you all tomorrow if the computer doesn't go on strike again.
Heather
Boots, try clicking on start , then click control panel, then appearance and themes, then click task bar. This lets you change where you want and how you want your task bar to look.

Or you can try a Restore.

It may or may not work for you but, that is how it works on my PC.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge of PCs can advise you.
wee mags
boots why dont you post this in the technical post maybe some one there can help,I dont know if some people dont check this post jist a wee help I hope wink.gif
boots
Heather and Mags, thank you both. I've tried to do do as you suggested Heather but as I followed along the different stages, I was unable to locate "APPEARANCE" so I went onto"Task Bar"anyway and tried clicking on different things there but didn't have any luck, well I guess I had some luck "cause though I didn't manage to make things any better, I don't appear to have made them any worse. Now Heather, when you suggested going to RESTORE, did you mean I should stay on control panel and then hit restore? You probably did and I didn't. I closed everything and went back to read your post again, then pressed restore. In retrospect, that seems to have been very stupid.. When my daughter gets home, I'll ask her to try out your suggestions (Gawd knows, she's tried everything else and she'll be happy to try this. If that doesn't work then Mags, I'll go with your suggestion and try the Technical thread. My daughter is convinced that I must have hit some key by mistake on the keyboard to cause the problem. That could very well be it as I don't have very good control over my fingers, they're curled into my palms with the exception of my forefingers with which I type but they don't always go where they're supposed to either so I could have hit anything. Thankyou both again.
Heather
Boots, I can only say where System Restore is on my PC, yours may be different.

I click Start, then All Programmes, then on the list shown, click Accessories. There is a tiny arrow beside Accessories I click that and another list comes up. On this list there is another arrow beside System Tools, I click that and another list with System Restore comes up, click on System Restore, this allows the PC to be changed back to an earlier date.

wub.gif
Melody
I'm glad your sorted out now Boots, well done Heather and Mags, 'technicians to the stars' smile.gif See ye never know whit happens on these boards, something nice happens just when ye least expect it.
Ah'm here somebody talk tae me!
Angela Chick
hi melody, a was just sitting here thinking to myself a will go into bettys and see whats happening, av'e been out in the sunshine all afternoon great weather eh.

angelachick
Melody
Brilliant weather Angela, just imagine how life would be if we had this everyday. No more hundled up against the wind and rain, drying your washing outdoors all the time, no more brollys in handbags. We go out prepared for every eventuality usually don't we? Layers in case it's too hot, coat in case it rains, wellies in case it's a downpour. It certainly makes a lovely change, I was in the garden most of the day, I was supposed to be helping with the work but to be honest I just kind of enjoyed watching all the hard work and sitting letting the world go by. smile.gif Oh happy days!
Angela Chick
aye melody, sitting in the garden nothing nicer, wonder how betty is getting on at least the weather has been good for her, talking of friends not seen any posts from catherine the last few days wonder wit she's been up to laugh.gif

angelachick
wee mags
Melody and Angela
it was 16 years ago today I took my two youngest kids to Scotland and ma Glesga , biggrin.gif and the weather was great
Melody
Ah was jist wondering where Miss Marple was maself Angela, maybe she's away to the cottage, or busy with the boys, ah'll drop her a wee line and see what's she's up to. smile.gif
Angela Chick
aw mags, thats lovely wen you said ma glesga, and it sure is and always will be biggrin.gif

melody a forgot about the cottage, thats were she probably is having some timeout

angelachick
Melody
Mags, noo ye'll have tae share mind, I'll give ye Maryhill tae yersel ye deserve that. But ah canny gie ye it aw tae yersel laugh.gif
Ach there's mer than enough tae go roon, just like your heart and good cooking. Ma Glesga.
Melody
Me and my shadow walking down the avenue,
Me and my shadow not a soul to tell our troubles to,
And when it's twelve o'clock we'll climb the stairs,
We'll never knock cause nobody's there,
Just me and my shadow all alone and feeling blue.
Ta Ra unsure.gif

That wee song calls for a top hat and cane somehow oh and a big white silk scarf, ah kin see masel noo. Shuffle hop step shuffle hop step.
Catherine
Oh hallo china's....good sluethin Melody, wis up at the cottage right enuf Angela.
Brilliant weather, the weans were in the lake aw weekend...ahd two pals up wae therr weans too...Geoff hud a weekend tae hisel doon here....disnae look as if he lifted a finger {are we surprised??}
Three mare days a school here an that's it fur the summer....we aw cannae wait.
Bet you cannae wait either Melody...jist the thoat a no huvin tae rush anywherr in the mornin is sooo such a brilliant thoat sure it is.
Good tae see yer computers workin again Boots....but whits this aboot Barbara?
Wherrs she gaun?
Jist sent a pm aff tae her annaw, that two hoor drive is ma thinkin time an ahm so behind in everythin ahd decided as soon as ah goat in ahd soart things, get a wee bitta order in ma life an be aw mature furra day..kinda laugh.gif Wunner if ah'll make the 24 hoors!
Melody
Catherine don't be aw mature it's horrible, just be yer wee self we like it better like that! laugh.gif Talk later.
Away tae that bad place again!!
Angela Chick
Hi catherine, glad to see your back in one piece, a can jist see you in a couple of days belting oot at the tap of your lungs

"schools out for summerrrrrrrrrr" laugh.gif

angelachick
Catherine
Aye...an in THREE days time ah'll be greetin the schools ower Angela laugh.gif
Holiday weekend comin up here, first extended family weekend at the cottage {pray fur me, ah usually waant tae murder certain people come the end of it} an wis thinkin we'd up and off first thing Thursday mornin an beat the traffic.
Course Jakeys goat a football game Thursday night an Geoffs the coach.. so....up the auld creek withoot a paddle scenario once again unless ma pals aboot an she kin keep Jake till Geoff gets hame fae work then they kin drive up at night.
Why's nuthin ever simple eh? Aye some spoke in the bloody wheel.
Ahv a bug bite the size of a AAA egg oan the back of ma neck annaw but ah'll no go oan!
Lovely hot day here in Toronto, twelve cottage towels a dryin in the dryer tae take back up wae me, 73 loads a waashin still tae go.
Got ma girls here this afternoon, so time tae move ma butt aff this computer the noo an get the beds made.
Cripes sometimes ye read ower yer posts afore postin an ye cannae quite balieve how excitin they are eh? guffawguffawguffaw.
Melody
Betty yer back!!! smile.gif Welcome hame pal.
betty2
Arrived back this afternoon, had a great holiday, done a lot of sightseeing and its amazing what's packed into that island, all 23 by 14 miles of it, but what really impressed me was Osbourne House former holiday home of queen victoria and prince albert. this was spectacular . The weather was brilliant so I returned home wae a crackin tan, diz wonders fur yi so it diz . Noo its washin up time but thankfully a very light wash due to the good weather. Must say I feel refreshed and relaxed, my cousin and his wife really gave me a good time, pampered and spoiled rotten so ah wis tongue.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Glad to hear that you had a good time Betty, also very glad to have you back. smile.gif
Catherine
Stuff the sightseein betty...ah mean whit did auld greetinface Victoria huv that we've no goat? Ah jist waant tae no if ye goat a lumber laugh.gif
Good tae see ye back, aw tanned intae the bargain. Is Lee back yet?
Hope it wisnae tooooo hoat fur him tae sleep at night..wee sowel. guffawguffawguffaw
Melody when dae ye finish up? We're Wednesday here, cannae come quick enuf.
annie laurie
Welcome Hame Betty,

Sounds like you had a nice holiday Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
betty2
catherine she'd merr monet than me fur starters, an merr weans, but come tae think o it she wis widowed likr me then goat hersel anither fella an he died dis that no ring bells

her hoose wis lovely
Angela Chick
Hello there betty, glad to see you are back among your GG pals welcome back biggrin.gif
Catherine
Your hoose is lovely too pet...an last time she smiled she hud the hives, so see....yer much better aff than she ever wis laugh.gif

Nae disrespect tae aw Queen Victoria lovers, may she rest in peace.

Jist goat a phone call an hud tae go get Jake fae school early...sore heid. He'd a smile fae ear tae ear till ah telt him he wis straight up an intae bed an could read quietly. Soon as ah clapped eyes oan him ah knew he wis fakin it!
Mind we used tae dae that? Trouble wis we'd nae phone an naebudy listened tae ye onyway.
betty2
Catherine visited anither hoose as well an old roman villa which wis interestin too . Ah like auld things mibby wan day somebody will resurect this web page an think tae therr sels
WUR THESE PEOPLE REAL biggrin.gif
Noo back tae QV 11 weans guess the smiles wur knoakt aff her face long since

still here in glesca
boots
Welcome home Betty and you too Catherine tho it wurnie very nice uv yi tae gae sneakin aff tae the cabin wioot tellin onybody. Glad to hear yi hud a guid time Betty, I'm surprised te hear the size uv the island, ahniver knew it wiz that wee.

I couldn't get on to GG yesterday afternoon, at first I thought it was my computer but I could get on to other pages so the problem was somewhere else. My machine's still being a bit dodgy with me and I still don't have my task bar fixed so later today I will post on the Technical page as Mags suggested.

It's time for me to get to bed but before going I want to say hi to Melody Mags, Heather, Annie Laurie and the rest of the gang. Will chat with you all later if my comp doesn't freeze on me again. I think maybe it joined the teamsters. Goodnight all.
betty2
Problem last night was all round boots ,but we're back tae square wan the day. Yes I had a great time , different kind of holiday from what I usually go for but I thoroughly enjoyed myself Y/no me always willing to try something new. Well as you are now going to bed am off tae attack Lee's room while he's away so what isnt nailed to the floor is getting dumped tongue.gif

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Boots what version of windows are you using? biggrin.gif
wee mags
I had problems yesterday as well I kept getting a page saying pge not available try later,and like boots I thought awe naw no again ,but I finaly got on biggrin.gif
Angela Chick
Is this weather not great or what, been sitting in the garden all afternoon and got aw burnt but it was lovely all the same cool.gif

angelachick
betty2
rolleyes.gif It was a beautiful day

still here in glesca
boots
Hi Jimmy D. I'm using WINDOWS XP. I just bougtht the computer a couple of months ago. Prior to that I had a Windows98.
Four family members are listed as users and I guess we all have different settings. (I don't speak computerese, so bear with me)
When I come on, I haveto click on my own name, then I'm informed the computer is getting "My own personal settings" after that I just go to START. There really is only two of us using the comp. on a regular basis and most of the time the trouble seems to be on my page (or whatever it's called). I"m getting a guilt complex.
When I came on today, I got a message saying Twister had found a Trojan Horse virus...that was before I did anything, so I pressed CLEAN as suggested and am hoping we'll be rid of it.

Hi gang, I'll beback a little later.
betty2
Haste yi back boots, This is like sittin at the dentists, naebody's talkin ohmy.gif jist wee bits o nuthin here an therr.
This ol house wance rang wae laffter
This ol house wance used tae be fun
Fae the flerr up tae the rafters
A good time wis had by everyone
We laffed an joked an aw goat oan well
An this aw startit wan night long ago
When ah wis INMASEL
Feelin down an pretty low
Didnae take long tae put the smile back oan ma face
An thats why tae me this is a very special place

still here inmasel
boots
Jimmie D. Apparently I should have told you Windows XP Professional. I thought that was what the P stood for. Betty, I'd love to stay on but I'm feeling really lousey. I need to feel better by tomorrow as my wee grandaughter graduates from Elementary School and will go on to middle school in the Fall. She's in french immersion and has to give a speech tomorrow on behalf of her class, part of it in English and part in French. She's extremely nervous but proud to at having been chosen. Naturally I'm very proud of her too andI really want to be there. I can't believe I'm heading for bed at this hour. Three or fourAM is my usualtime. G'Night All.
betty2
Have a nice day boots, and most certainly a proud one . Early to bed early to rise, big day ahead smile.gif

still here in glesca
marina
hi boots hope you all have a wonderful day, its lovely for the kids when their grandparents are there to see all these things they do
Catherine
Bet boots is aw puffed oot wae pride the noo, ah kin feel her smiles fae here biggrin.gif Mind tell us aw aboot it boots.

Cannae move fur laughin here, hus anybudy read Jimmy's new wee quote at the bottom of his posts? Ah near fell aff the cherr in hysterics.
Good wan Jimmy!!
betty2
Dis jimmy know that even in a fridge things go past their best , but am sure thats no the case wae jimmyd. Off tae the bingo the night . Is boots no back yet ?dyin tae hear how her day went biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
Just read Jimmy's we line ,good one .Catherine are you on tonight ? What lake is your cottage on ? We're on Sturgeon lake between Lindsay and Fenelon Falls .The smog is really bad up here .We keep hoping for a thunder storm to cool things down a wee bit .
Sorry I haven't been in for a chat Betty but read my post on the Jokes site and I'm sure you'll get a laugh .Sounds like you had a great holiday .
betty2
On my way over jakka could be daen wae a laff, rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
time for some shut eye g/nite one.n.all dry.gif

still here in glesca
George Muir
Hey Betty,
Hamilton Street in Govan is now renamed "Nethan Street" - look it up under info+ in the green panel at the left hand side of the page.
Catherine
Hey George lovely to see ye in betty's hoose..come round mare often biggrin.gif

Hi Jakka, we're on Lake Muskoka, headin up in the mornin for the weekend afore the traffic builds, hopefully.
Super weather last weekend, ahm hopin ma flooers have lasted the four days withoot me...an this weekend's a scorcher again. Nae smog oor end so far.
betty2
Gi George welcome back yiv been missed biggrin.gif will check that out thanks. Hope you'll stay with us therrs plenty of room in here , will ah make up the spare room lol

catherine enjoy yir brekk never kniw onybody that travelled like you an merr power tae yi.

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.