Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Angela Chick
Jakka no way did i take offence thats why i put a wee laughing face. I have not had a chance to get that book jakka am always on ma computer ha ha. Take care biggrin.gif

angelachick
Angela Chick
jakka i will buy that book as soon as a can. Before a got ma computer i was a keen reader, these computers become addictive eh, a hope your hubby is feeling better

best wishes

angelachick
Angela Chick
Jakka when i wis a teenager ma family would say to others (Watch what you say to angela she takes everything to heart shes easily hurted). When i lost my dad i seemed to change a wee bit so now when ma wee brother calls me a dizzy blonde i jist slag the pest back haha as i said you did not offend me at all cos i know you are a nice lady as i read your posts all the time and enjoy them.

angelachick
betty2
They say blondes have more fun biggrin.gif I certainly try to,
Is this book you mention out on video or DVD certainly sounds interesting, would love to see it .Its instances like this (not being able to read a book )that frustrates me. My only other option would be to try and get it on audio cassette .
That was a real fun remark from you're friend catherine , puts me in mind of the time when I went into labour with my first , the ambulance was at the door and I turned back for my make-up bag, You'll hiv nae need fur that clipped my ma, Needless tae say when she arrived tae see her 1st grandaughter therr ah wis sittin up an lookin like ah was oan ma wey tae the dancin..Mind yi as the months went by an the sleepless nights caught uo wae me it wisnae make-up ah needed , a make-over wid huv been merr in ma line Still us women are a proud species an thats how the men love us so

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
To true betty when i had ma daughter ma mum said to me (makeup angela you wont even get the time to wash your face) laugh.gif

angelachick
betty2
Heard Davy Reilley oan the radio this morning , reading wee clips fae "Oot The Windae" Nice tae hear fae yi Davy Noo hus ontbody heard fae Archie recently ah canny see ony posts fae him , hope all is well Archie if possible let us know Would be nice tae huv yi droap in tae visit the hoose is missin yi wub.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
Hi Angela , well spent a hard day at the hospital but all is well .There was a poor old woman (listen to me ,old woman and me 67 ) who's husband had died last Friday . He was ill she called an ambulance for him andshe had a heart attack in the ambulance . They wouldn't put them in the same room and he was afraid for her ,got out of bed and went to try and find her and dropped dead in the hallway .Now doesn't that put everything into place .All went well for my big darlin' and he's coming home in the morning but I can't help but think about the family of that poor old soul .Sorry to be so sad but it makes one thankfull for lifes blessings .Good night
Catherine
Och goodnight Jakka, sleep well pet, that's a sad story and happy for ye at the same time yer mans okay. wink.gif

Poor Alice has broken both hip and Pelvic bones, we're jist waitin to get more info before we start up a neighbour rota fur Bill's meals.
He disnae cook but he's rerr at the dishwaashin so Alice says, so we're aw jist tryin tae take turns wae his meals an get somethin organised.
Imagine gettin tae the fine age of 91 an 89 an ye hit this wall eh! Sno ferr as oor Shamus says.
Angela Chick
hi jakka and catherine,am glad your hubby is getting home jakka you will be feeling happy at that. Poor alice a hope she is not in too much pain, i wish a speedy recovery to both of them.

bestwishes

angelachick
betty2
Bill is one lucky guy that he has neighbours such as yourself and others to look after him , catherine. Hope its not too long till Alice is back home.
betty2
Havin an early night sweet dreams dry.gif

still here in glesca
Gemini
well here it is gang one more week and I am off tae Alaska, was really looking forward to it but then I got hit wi some bad news, my oldest daughter has just been diagnosed with M.S. nearly blew my mind it did, got oan th internet tae read all I could find about it, felt really bad as she is opening up her own beauty salon come July, you can still dae it hen ah says with treatment you can still lead a very productive life once you get over the emotional shock of this, yer right mom she says I am going to fight this, so it looks like that made up my mind about moving south to be closer to her, please will you all say a wee prayer for her, would greatly appreciate it thank you.
Angela Chick
hi gemini i can certainly say you and your daughter will be in my thoughts and nightly prayers.

best wishes

angelachick
marina
hi gemini, by the sounds of it your daughter is a really determined and strong willed girl - good on her - i work with people every week who have ms in all different stages of it and they lead pretty normal lives, and im sure with your help shell get along just fine, best wishes to you both x

my mum in law starts her chemotherapy at the beatson next thursday and although im not a religous person, i found myself wandering into our local church (i dont know why i did) it just felt safe there (its hard to explain), when she was first told she had cancer in february there, so of course i will say a wee prayer for you and your girl as well
aaron king
ALL THE BEST IN THE WORLD TO YOU AND YOUR LASSIE ,GEMINI.GLESGA IS WITH YOU.
Melody
I'll keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers Ria.
wee mags
Ria I will keep you both in my prayers wub.gif
annie laurie
Hello Gemini
You and your daughter sure sound like strong people. and I am sure things will work out for her,
Marina, I know where you are coming from, and I strongly believe in the power of prayer,
One does not have to be a regular Church go'er to have faith,
You are all in my thought and prayers, and yes I also work with a girl who has MS and she is cooping really well so have faith folks, God Bless
Catherine
Loving thoughts your way Ria, jist read this.
God Bless xxxx
Same with yourself Marina, God is all around pet, I think a Church gives you the instant solace that we sometimes need...instantly.
marina
thank you catherine
Heather
Gemini, sorry to hear this news about your daughter. I will light a candle for her tomorrow.

Here is a little prayer for you .

I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown,
And he replied,
" Put your hand into hand of God, this will be for you better than a light and safer than the known way ".
boots
Gemini,I too am sorry to hear the sad news about your daughter's ailment. It must be a terrible shock to you both. It is so good that she has you to turn to, your words of encouragement and your support will help her cope and find her way. May G-d bless you both.
Gemini
thank you all so very very much for your thoughts and prayers and marina I will also keep your mother-in-law in my prayers too, it was so good to talk about it as it makes it easier to deal with and this site is good for that, I too believe in the power of prayer very much tho' the more I was thinking about it the more despondent I was getting, but reading this today sure lifted my spirits.
Angela Chick
Hi marina, your mum in law will also be in my nightly prayers.
god bless and take care.

angelachick
marina
thanks angela, she means the world to me
betty2
Another pleasant night spent at the swimmin ,this is the most relaxing thimg I have done in years. Still huvnae mastered the act withoot ma floater but I am still giving it my best shot rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
stuarty
hand your daughter to a god of your own understanding we scots are fighters i am rooting for all who have ill health xxxxxxxxxx
Gemini
good words of wisdom stuarty
jakka13
Annie laurie,here I am at Betty's .I don't know if my email is working so if you didn't get my new address rspond on the GG's .
and I'll try again Jakka
wee mags
haw betty did you two get hame yet? Ihope yir no gonnae forget to let us know how the day went wink.gif
betty2
Mags huv posted the details in the catherine topic but it was a great day wisnae up tae postin yesterday an efter the result at fir park ah wisnae even talkin tae masel.. Gonny phone yi efter goat a phone call fae saltcoats (y/no who) biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Wherrs oor melody ? huvnae heard fae her these past few daysc/mon pal yir missed smile.gif

still here in glesca
Melody
Hello Betty, glad you had a good afternoon with Catherine I knew that you two would be getting me a showing up, was that the Merchant Pride pub you two were in? Great music, good job you two never went away with yer lumbers. laugh.gif
betty2
Lumbers biggrin.gif they thought we were mother and daughter ha ha it was a good afternoom melody. I think that was th name of the pub , it was a bank at one tme I'm sure.. As you say the music was real good only wish we had went there earlier Widh you could have made it . Another wee break for you this weekend so enjoy .

still here in glesca
betty2
Big chinge the day the rains away well it is the noo , here's hopin we get good weather fur the holiday weekend Wunner if marion'll ray a visit dae yis think she brought back ony duty free fur the hoose rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
marina
i hope it stays off cos ive just hung out my washing ohmy.gif
Angela Chick
hi betty, how ye doing have ye recovered for the weekend? laugh.gif

angelachick
betty2
Ir wis a good day fur a washin marina,, the answer my friend is blowin in the wind biggrin.gif hi angela leadin a quiet life at present mind yi am open tae choices lol

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
a wis wondering betty ye hiv nae been oan much the last few days ye wur missed biggrin.gif

angelachick
betty2
See there's a programme on channel 5 here tonight regarding "friends re-united" its advertised as saying this web site has caused divorce and many redundancies, am gonny gie it a watch tae see whits whit. I myself contacted two schoolfriends through that web site an didnae experience any of these problems, then again am single an retired rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
Isobel
Ok Betty ,remember to watch it and give us all the details. If your channel 5 is the BBC perhaps they may show it here. Get the right name of the show so we can watch out for it.Glad you had a good time with Catherine.
betty2
Isobel guess whit ohmy.gif started defrostin ma fridge/freezer an furgoat it. It wisnae a bbc channel the name o it was
"The dark side of friends re-united" stupit thats me!!!
still here in glesca
annie laurie
Hi Betty,
Could you find out the name of the program as i get BBC here also, in Canada,
Would be interesting to watch, as I think it has been a big success with a lot of people being reunited after a long time, , including myself i have made contact with two old school friends, had not been in touch for 50 years,
have you recovered from your outing with Catherine, ?????????? laugh.gif
betty2
Annie l as you can see I got waylayed and missed it , I only caught the tail end of it I think some people have been conned by it . But like yourself I also contacted two friends after a period of about 50 yrs who now live abroad. Guess these creeps get in anywhere . Dammed mad I missed it mad.gif
still here in glesca
annie laurie
To Bad Betty, maybe they will have a repeat,
I think there is always one person who always spoils things for others don't you, take care, talk soon, O>K> tongue.gif
betty2
oFF TAE BED FOLKS G/NITE AND GOD BLESS dry.gif
STILL HERE IN GLESCA
wee mags
see the affect that lassie Catherine has on yae,shes a dozzy but yae cannae help but love her wink.gif
Isobel
Ok Betty .I guess your fridge is all clean now. I think you will have to keep an eye on the TV Guide and make sure you dont miss it if it gets repeated.Im sure it will everything else does.
boots
Noo the fridge is done Betty ur yi goany stairt bakin sae we cin huv a wee welcome back fur Marion. Ah widnae wash the sterrs yet, yi might s weel wait til the rain let's up.
betty2
ME bake sorry boots no wan o ma talents biggrin.gif wee hoose aw spick'n'span waitin oan the ladies (catherine's hame anaw) . Wish they'd hurry up an get this party srartit

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.