Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Hang in there pal the worst is over, and the old cliche, 'she's in the right place' is really true as you know. I don't really know what to say to you, noo that makes a change! Except to say that if thoughts and prayers help you have them in abundance. Wait till ah tune intae ma magic powers......here they come, she'll be keepin' you right again any minute noo. smile.gif
Heather
Catherine, that's women all over. When we are worried or angry we atttack the housework with a vengeance, and it is amazing how quick we get through it. All the work we have been meaning to do and the clear out we keep promising to do, gets done in no time. Anything to try and take our mind off our worries.
Catherine
Heather ah need tae gie ye's a laugh...Wis talkin to Joanne a wee while ago, both her an ma brother went tae see mum the night, an the spouses went annaw.
So ma brother an wife went in furst, came oot an it wis Joanne an Johns turn.
In they went an tae those of us no used to seein tubes an aw that ventilator stuff comin oota folks ye kin imagine.
Johns like me, we're the only two in the family no in any kinda nursin.
So Joanne turnt tae John an said ye awright wae this...he said aye nae bother..Joanne turnt back roon tae mum an the next thing THUD...John hit the flerr... oot cauld...took four nurses tae kerry him oot the room.
She's no tae tell the weans, so future ammo's tucked nicely intae her back poaket ..an baeth of us said at the same time CHA! CHA !CHA ! laugh.gif

So far so good,hopefully this time the morra she'll be off the ventilator, all prayers accepted gladly Melody... you rock!
Tumchie
Hi there Catherine. Huvnae been oan for a long time. Jist noo came oan and read the posts about your mum. So very sorry to hear about her condition. I sincerely hope that she has a quick recovery. Ah know yer wee pals on the board will help you through this. One thing I learned when I was a volunteer with transplant patients who were going through awful traumas was that it's best to take things in small steps. Divide up the events into mangeable sections, and say to yourself, "This is normal. Right now everything is the way it's supposed to be." Even if you have to you divide time into seconds. " That way things don't seem overwhelming. Shall be thinking of you. Bye for now.
Heather
Catherine, that was really funny, typical man.

It reminded me of a colleague who came back to work after maternity leave. She told us her hubby insisted on being with her when the baby was delivered, he passed out. She said she was hysterical with laughter and howling with pain at the same time. There she was delivering the baby and hubby lying flat on his back on the floor beside the bed. laugh.gif

Glad to hear your Mum is recovering.
betty2
Glad all is going well catherine , have had Juan in my thoughts and prayers and also a wee prayer for you , It must be hard , you being so fat away . Jist keep knoakin hell oot o the hoose its good therapy. God bless

still here in glesca
Catherine
Yer right betty, bein far away is hard....an much harder when yer fat annaw.
Ah burst oot the laughin therr, ye'v typed a T instead of an R ya auld bat....AH HOPE!! laugh.gif

Jist waitin on ma big brother tae phone wae the latest update, mum's out the high dependancy ward an intae the normal one now. They're really pleased with her progress an she's right on track if no better to where she should be at this stage.

Sadly the hoose is gettin back oan track annaw....upsterrs the noo tryin tae clear this bombsight again!!
betty2
Honest it wis a genuine mistake biggrin.gif cripes na wunner ah get intae sae much trouble

Good news about mum XXXX

still here in glesca
Barbara
It's very nice to read the news on how well your mum is doing Catherine.

The FAT typo was priceless!! As you can see Betty, the T is only a stone's throw away from the R on the keyboard.......... laugh.gif
betty2
[QUOTE]
As you can see betty the T is on throw from the R on the keyboard

Aw very well if seeing isnae a problem wae yi, Barbara dont know if you're aware that I am partially sighted, and often make typin errors, no-one has ever taken offence when this happens and so far there have been no drastic errors, catherine understands and did see the funny side of it rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
ooops anither error it should read

The T is only a stone's throw from the R on the keyboard ohmy.gif

ah well naebody's perfect

still here in glesca
Melody
Betty, guess where ah was this afternoon.....the Tron Theatre Bar for lunch and I was telling my daughter about how you and I sat there that night out we had, we went along to the Barras as well, it was a laugh. Nice and sunny but a chilly wind blowin', smile.gif How're you doin'?
Barbara
I'm sorry you misread my meaning. I was laughing WITH you Betty not AT you.

I was trying to imply how funny I found the typo. No way was I offended by it! It was a grand joke.

I guess I have to reread my posts to make sure they come across as I intended them.

Sure hope there are no hard feelings, I am devastated Betty, that I gave the wrong impression.
wee sammy
Aye Barbara always causing trouble no matter what room you are in if you get in a fight i will hold your jacket ok smile.gif
Catherine
Aw wid ye listen tae chib man....good idea sammy, you haud the jaikets cos betty's pourin us aw a drink an since she's hostess wae the mostest Barbara an us need the strength in baeth erms tae haud them....you kin watch awright. laugh.gif
wee sammy
God lots of anger let go of the anger sleep.gif
Catherine
Ye better in betty's hoose or she'll wipe the flerr wae ye sammy...nae anger allowed in here laugh.gif
Ahv hud a lovely mothers day, done bugger all....wis great!!
Weather wis brill, Mook an dad came ower fur dinner, Geoff cooked a lovely tenderloin stuffed wae apples an somethin else, wis smashin.
All fat free Sammy ...of course..guffawguffawguffaw
jakka13
who in their right minds could take the huff with Betty? I think Barbera was laughing with her .I have made a few gaffs in my time but always hope that the people I care about will realise that I have typed the wrong letter or spelled the word wrong and always that I never meant to offend .I've said it before Betty but more power to you ,keep your sense of humour and you will always come out on top .Hope the eyes and ears get sorted out real soon .I just got tri-focals !! huh.gif
Catherine
Cripes Trifocals Jakka....dis that mean ye waltz aboot pet? laugh.gif
Jist jokin, gaun yersel, am right on cue for a wee readin spectaacle noo..long sighted an nearer 45 than 40....must admit therrs gorgeous specs oot there noo eh!

Good news oan mum, gettin oot the morra MIBBE...comin oan a treat, nae wires attached anywherr an appetite makin a comeback.
No bad for heart surgery six days ago eh?
We're aw thrilled, poor Joannes daen the inhome nursin, nurse Hatchette ah cry her...fingers crossed they don't murder each ither afore ah make ma entrance....similar personalities etc etc etc....guffawguffawguffaw
jakka13
great news about your Mum Catherine .I told you it wouldonly be a few days till the worst was over .She'll gain strength every day .I started out with readin' glasses and then got distance for driving .Then went to bi-focals .I just had my eyes checked a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that I was going to get a pair of readers as I found I had to tilt my head back to read my computer screen (it's a lap-top )and it wasn't very comfortable .He suggested the tri-focals .Thank god there's nae lines across them but they are great .I can do my fine cross stitching ,read my messages and watch tv and drive and all with the same pair of specks !!! No bad for an old buddy . laugh.gif
anne
Hi Jakka13, I have had tri-focals for about 5 yrs now and like you I do cross-stitch and every other craft and it's great. I have tiny glassess and I was a bit wary at the time.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
jakka13
Hi Anne, MYmain concern at getting these new glasses was they said I might get a bit dizzy at first and have trouble focusing but so far no problems .My man wanted to know how I would know if I was having a dizzy spell as I am a dizzy bugger most of the time .Happy and crafting .If things are too small I don my Mag-eyes and all becomes clear cool.gif
betty2
Am no in the huff biggrin.gif Barbara but ah um as blin as a bat an at times it gets me down , must huv been wan o ma feelin sorry fur masel days (silly me) no huvin many nice days this weather, too much hearache around me at the moment . Family member has just been given 2-6 months to live (cancer) How does it happen to all the nice ones?

Melody did you tell you're daughter about you drinkin adam's ale that night. What a fun night that was..Mind an listen in tae radio saga fur Davy's broadcast ah've asked him tae gie me a hello, cheeky aint I

Good news on mum catherine now the only way is up

An tae you sammy "anger" never ah make luv no war (if and when ah get the opportunity ) lol

still here in glesca
Melody
Hi ya Betty, ah could hardly tell them fur laughin'. C'mon we'll have a wee sing song an cheer wursels up, ur a wee visit tae Keyboard Lane. Ah need somethin' tae gie me a wee cheer up, ye know that wee sinkin' feelin ye get sometimes. sad.gif No reason for it that ah can think of, jist a wee bit down, ah'll away an find a wee song ur somethin'.
anne
Hi Jakka13, I was told the same thing but had no problems. I had more problems taking my glasses on and off when in shops and doing craft, the bridge of my nose would get sore. I remember the first time after I got them going into town and seeing buildings I never knew were there, sitting on the bus and going wow!!!

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
betty2
Sun shining here in glesca .
Was at the swimmin last night so ah telt ma wee pal cathy aboot meetin her "boy"friends ex oan the bus we had a good laff aboot it . nowt else goin on huh.gif

still here in glesca
jakka13
Hi Betty,Know how it feels about the big C .Whit an awful scourge
I lost my beautiful sister to it and I'm still trying to come to terms to why her . My man lost his Dad age 50 and then his Mum age 54 and you can't help but ask why . It sure makes you wonder .They say the lord works in mysterious ways .He had a young brother not doing much in the 70's but ended up here in Canada and has a great life . So who knows .I believe in the life hereafter and hope to meet up with all my loved ones in my next life
betty2
Thats a nice thought jakka wink.gif I also believe that there;s something after death , and hopefully we will meet up with our loved ones .

still here in glesca
Angela Chick
hi ladies, i also believe there is something else cos it cant be just this.

angelachick
Melody
Angela give us your theory, but no if it's too creepy..........ye know ah'm of a delicate disposition. laugh.gif
Angela Chick
well melody, ma da died in 2002 and i cant believe god would give me a da like him and not let me see him again a jist dont think we are born to die.

angelachick
Melody
Love lives forever Angela, I believe that absolutely. I can't believe either that we are given such feelings for others and it just comes abruptly to an end. If that was the case we would have learned not to love as it would be too painful.
Angela Chick
Aye melody you are so right, a mean a wis a daddies lassie big time and i know 100% in ma heart a will meet him again. as you said why let us love like that and then take it away from us.

angelachick
betty2
Well ladies we could find out more if we haud a seance in here, but am goin oot the night so watch the caunnel grease disnae drip oan tae ma carpet , an make sure they caunnels are well an truly snuffed oot afore yis leave biggrin.gif

is therr anybody therr???/
Angela Chick
good one betty you are a scream, a promise we will tidy up efter us. laugh.gif

angelachick
Melody
It's a hard loss for you Angela, it's a special love between a daughter and a father but hold that belief because it just has to be true.
Melody
See that's her away oot again the night Angela, where are ye gawin Miss Betty?
Angela Chick
thanks melody a appreciate what you said, whitever bettys doing the night a hope she has a good time, a drank for scotland last nite and am suffering the day for it melody but a enjoyed anyway laugh.gif

angelachick
Melody
Your only young once Angela, enjoy yourself. smile.gif
Angela Chick
melody i will be 40 in november, thats why i went oot and got blitzed last nite tae take ma mind aff it. laugh.gif

angelachick
betty2
Noo thats aw the heavy work done (bathed an the make up's oan) Melody this is ma night fur the barn club . Angela 40 yir still a chick rolleyes.gif god ah mind when ah wis forty (memory's no gaun yet) somebody said tae me "thats when life begins " but fur me it startit long afore that an long may it continue. Jist waitin oan the phone call that'll tell me "make yir wey tae the bus stoap we're rollin" ha ha
still here in glesca
Angela Chick
Betty ye hiv made ma day, ma head is sill thumping from last nite a will learn laugh.gif anyway have a good nite and hiv a vodka and diet coke for me

angelachick
Angela Chick
And betty you are right when ye say (life begins at 40) Well it did for me anyway cos ma daughter is nearly 16and i hiv got al this freedom now and a met ma soulmate a year ago so roll on the good times biggrin.gif

angelachick
Catherine
Well as luck wid huv it ahv the same heid as yersel the day Angela...Parent Pub night last night,wisnae gaunni go but thoat ah'll go fur an hoor an make an appearance...that wis at hauf seven.
Wis the furst in the Kareoke at hauf ten.

Decided oan the book an bed lazy day....ma pals bringin the dinner up so ahd nuthin tae dae...Next thing Jake's shoutin Mum , Dad needs ye, Alice has fell!
Alice an Bill, 91 an 89, live across the street, great couple an her an Geoff share the same Birthday.
Anyway, ah belts ower wae a blanket, still in the jammies, nae teeth brushed or face waashed...total ugly DRIPPIN fae me.
We're tryin tae make her comfy, phoned the ambulance...an like every 911 call ye make here, Fire Brigade, Ambulance an Polis arrive oan masse.
Aw these men in the uniform....an ahm like a dugs dinner....an oor Alice, in the pain she wis in God love her , turnt tae me an said aw nae luck fur you hen, but hows ma wig sittin laugh.gif
Angela Chick
Catherine jist the type of luck a would hiv, alice's one liner was fab. laugh.gif

angelachick
Heather
Catherine, can't help laughing at the remark Alice made.
She is in a lot of pain but worried about how she looks. laugh.gif Typical woman. Hope she is okay.
jakka13
Hi Angela ,I think I might have touched a wee chord when I said I was glad I wasn't blonde .i hope I didn't cause offense but with all the put downs I put up with all my growing up years re- ears and how tall I was I couldn't handle all the jokes against blondes .I've got kids older than you and I hope you really have met your soul- mate .Imet mine in 1958 .I talked about a book I read called "What dreams may come " It talks about soulmates and it makes a lot of sense about why things are meant to be .
Hope you read this book and then you'll know where I'm coming from. Jakka
wee mags
Jakka I think Robin Williams made a movie of that book ,I neve saw it but my son said wat till it comes out on video or you wont see where you are going at the end why is that son " "you will be greeting your eyes out "as you would say Ma,and Catheine when you mentioned your friend Alice it made me think of my mammy for the last five years of her life she was bed ridden ,but she never let it get her down too much one day one of our neighbours came over to see her"how are you the day Bud?"
[ma mammies nickname]awe right hen and how do you like ma fur coat and wig? they wur oan sale at the pawn,"cin a be honest hen?" aye Bud go a heid "Well hen yae look like a lady of the evening" my god Bud a thought yae wur gonnae say some thing nice aboot my coat ,canne hen theres nothing nice aboot it rolleyes.gif
jakka13
Hi Wee Mags , My man bought me the video of " What dreams may come " and yes it was Robin Williams but it didn't come near to the book .Do yourself a favour and get the book from the library " Richard Matheson"This will answer a lot of questions about life .
annie laurie
Hello Jakka
Sounds like a good read, will put it on my list of Books to read, if ,and when we get away to the Lake this Summer,
My 91 yrs old F-I-L is not so good, so we are staying close to home for now,
Weather here in B>C> beautiful 24o to-day, Cheers Everybody,
Tried to get on to the Chat Line to-day, have not been on for a long time, do you have to have a number now? >>>>>>>>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.