Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
wee mags
hoy Marion you will hiv tae caw the Polis ,if you call the cops they willnae hear yae awe the way over here biggrin.gif I wish a wis there ,och well ma pal fae Saltcoats arrives this Sunday, so there
Marion Dougan
Mags a wis in your neck o the woods the day, Maryhill. Passed ma auld hoose it the Mosshoose, well the hoose wisnae therr, bit the Rock bar wis, NAW , a didnae go in tongue.gif Wae uwer in Ibrox tae, lovely wee run aw aroon the toon. Betty see ya the morraw
August26
Hey Betty & Marion
Find out when my sister's puter will be repaired, very quiet in here, I bet she misses us big time wink.gif , I can also bet she's driving Maurice crazy, he now has to share his TV.................HI SIS

August
betty2
Getting close to meet up time , going off now to prepare for this, really looking forward to seeing Marion again and I know Heather is looking forward to meeting her for the first, August think heather mentioned 14 days for repair , but thete is always the phone its no that dear , Gemini and I talk often this way I think its a more personal way to communicate.

still here in glesca
betty2
Thats me hame G/night all laugh.gif

still here in glesca
August26
Oh Betty:
So your home after your luncheon and off to bed, what were you drinking????????????wait don't tell me get me guess laugh.gif

August
betty2
I think I can speak for all three of us who met up yesterday that it was another grear day, we had lunch at Waxa o' Connors and stayed there for the duration of our get together. An excellent choice of venue it turned out to be , a very enjoyable lunch and the service was first class.I must compliment also the staff who were most pleasant. So to you Martin once again through you're board another three members have met up and and new friendships have been made, all thanks to you're tireless efforts in making this board the success it is today biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
August26
Betty:
Happy to hear you all had a great luncheon, but then that's what I expected, good people, good food.

August
August26
Heather, Betty & Marion,
This message is from Tommy, he said, "I know you all got loaded up with vodka, tommorow (Sat) I'm calling Maurice to check on your condition" but don't woryy he can't figure out how to call out of the country, gosh he still can't use the VCR, if I'm out he gets the kids to run it for him, now if I call Maurice it will only be because he bribed me. wink.gif

August
Marion Dougan
Hi guys, had a wonderfull day on Thursday, Good food, good company. It was great seeing Betty again, and Heather it was a pleasure to meet you. Actually August I was drinking red wine, 4 large glasses an aw ha ha ha Boy a hud a wee nippy heed in the moarning. Irene picked me up at Buchanan St bus station, Betty and Heather were kind enough to take me back there. At home Eddie put the mp3 disc( a think) oan the telly, we sang Abba, Queen a nice ending to a lovely day. Hope you are all well. Mags no long noo 'till yer pal comes in, ENJOY!!!!
August26
Marion:
Your a riot 4 glasses of wine, lastFriday we went out to dinner, I had 2 glasses of wine, went to bed about 11 slept till 8 A.M. but no headache in the morning.

August
wee mags
Iam glad you all got to meet up, and it seems you all had a good time ,weel I jist stopped by for a cuppa as I just finished getting things set for tomorrow ,my pal arrives at Newark at three pm so I had to make her some ziti and meetballs,and sausage ,she gave me her order for dinner,mags "am dying for your ziti" was her plea to me .well I will be showing her all of you friends she hears me talk about when we talk biggrin.gif
betty2
Well mags you're turn noo fur a trip doon memory lane wae yir pal , ah know you an mike will be the perfeci host's . Have fun as you have read our day was most enjoyable , an Tommy we were perfect ladies from start to finish, an ah wis up bright an early the following morning doin my laundry rolleyes.gif

still here in glesca
betty2
Just recieved an email from marion she flew home yesreday the 21st guess she must be missin her family , and thanksgiving is comin up I believe . So glad I had the chance to spend time with her
still here in glesca rolleyes.gif
Marion Dougan
I am home. I couldn't stand the thought of Thanksgiving without Bob and the boys. When I booked I thought, oh well it's just Thanksgiving, not like it's Christmas. But Thanksgiving is a special holiday to us, so changed tickets and here I am. Going to Kristi's Mum as she had invited Bob and Craig. She has a good crowd but they do Lasagne, well I am very much the American, sooooo..... We will do out Turkey and all the trimmings on Friday. Had a great 17 days home. It was freezing and a gale blowing. Stll enjoyed it!!!!
August26
Marion:
You are too funny, I love Thanksgiving and couldn't imagine the last Thursday in November in another country without turkey and the trimmings, so a BIG WELCOME HOME, biggrin.gif
I'm glad you got to meet my sister, isn't she a great person, now I'm sure you were your normal loveable self, so that's good.

August
Marion Dougan
Heather is a very nice lady. I did miss not being able to see Melody
wee mags
IRENES here[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]and the fun has started, I took her and her friend over to the next town for her rental car, she says on you go Maragret we are all set,
so I head home and whenthey came back Bert says see her shes driving me daft, she says follow Margaret ,and he is trying to get used to driving on the wrong side and dafty shout,s take a right turn,and Bert says mags tooka left,och thats awright I know the way to the stores,poor Bert he is awright but Irenes like you Catherine, yae cannae keep her away fae a bargain biggrin.gif
Melody
Oh and Melody is sad at not being able to meet Marion sad.gif
Melody
Mornin' Hubert and all, glad your having a great time Mags! smile.gif
It's pitch black here, whit a life!!
Catherine
Mornin Melody..wis the same here this mornin.
Nuthin like thinkin great it's still the middle of the night an ye don't need tae get up...then the alarm goes aff like a siren y'no!!
Never mind, ye'll get tae see Marion the next time, ahm impressed she made the seventeen days laugh.gif
{hallo looby how ye daen?}
This Christmas shoppins killin me...keep seein things ah waant fur masel. Ahv managed a few bargains Mags, better get them posted aff afore ah yase them fur masel!!
You have a great time wae Irene, how long's she here again?
Melody
Glasgow is absolutely packed with Christmas shoppers at the weekends, the shops are nice at the minute some lovely Christmas gift things. I can't get into it yet somehow, it feels too soon for me yet. I seem to enjoy that last minute panic for some sick reason! laugh.gif
Catherine
Here wis talkin tae oor Joanne yesterday, know how much she paid fur postin the boys presents..34 pound!!
Is that no awful..
Ah said why did ye no jist send some money ower wae ma mum an ah could huv bought somethin for them...
Ah know you she said..ye'd get them somethin fur hauf the money an keep the rest fur yersel...
Ah wis DEEPLY wounded....AS IF!!
{Bandit, hud ma eyes oan a bag an aw} laugh.gif
Melody
How could she say such a thing, aboot her ain sister an aw.
A'h think that's terrible Catherine, a'h know ye wid never even think aboot such a thing. Jist as well she sent the presents mind you, jist in case the temptation was overwhelming ye! laugh.gif
Catherine
Ahd it aw planned an aw...wan fur you, ten fur mammy, wan fur you, ten fur mammy .
Some folks huv nae Christmas spirit ataw laugh.gif
August26
Catherine:
The spirit of Christmas is giving, so you have the right idea, give to the boys, give to yourself and so on, and while your at it, have a liquid snowball........... biggrin.gif

August
betty2
Hi Marion glad you're home safe and well (an ah wisnae surprised when ah goat the email) enjoyed seein you again and it was a lovely day. I'm having a break from the shops this week but rarin to go come monday , ah jist luv SHOPPIN its the wan thing ah excel in rolleyes.gif . Have a nice thanksgiving all . Am huvin mince'n'doughballs wae tatties an mashed turnip the night. Ria have a nice time with the family . Noo mags you enjoy you're time with yir pal and her partner "A pal is a pal forever"

still here in glesca
betty2
Huv tae log aff the noo goat a date fur this efternnoon tae meet anither expat. ootside the saracen heid at 2.30pm we're gaun tae take a trip doon memory lane biggrin.gif see yi therr pal this is oor secret
still here in glesca
betty2
Quiet in here the day nae visitors ???, well ah'll talk tae masel (nae arguments that wey) another good night at the swimmin , Linda , she's wan o ma new pals wis coachin me oan ma swimmin techniques, am comin oan .
wee mags
hi betty a wis gonnae bring Irene over but were awe stuffed efter oor thanksgiving day dinner,but maybe we will stop by the morra, wink.gif
August26
Hi Betty,
I'm in here visiting with you, though like the turkey I'm stuffed, I got up before the rooster to put the turkey in the oven, yesterday I baked the pies and breads, apple, pumpkin and coconut custard, white and rye bread, the house smelled so good, and of course it has become a tradition in our home at Thanksgiving for me to hide the pies from Tommy.
Tommy forgot to get the beer, so he called David to pick it up, at the liquor store they gave David 2 long keychains with the word VODKA printed all around them, Tommy said one for Betty the other for Marion, so he did think of you both.
We painted the living room and dining room last week, tomorrow the carpetting is being delivered, David will install it Saturday afternoon, oh said he,"you want to enjoy it for a while before the kids spill something on it, one of our local stores has a wake up call for people who want to get out early Firday morning, there are huge sales all over to kick off the Christmas season, he and Pam are on the list for 5:30 A.M. most stores open at 6:00 A.M.we told him not to make any noise if he drives down our street, I tried to talk him out of going shopping and to come over here Firday and install the carpet, this way we could go to Mags Saturday, you know she's not such a distance from us.
Gosh I think I have to take a nap, or an alkaseltzer, I'm so stuffed I'm uncomfortable.

August
Catherine
Hi therr...the names Bond..James Bond...but you kin call me Basildon laugh.gif

Two things....betty who'd ye meet? Spit it oot!!
August....should ah shake ye or should ah stirr ye hen...Has the turkey left yer buildin yet?
wee mags
hi everyone I took Irene oot the other day to the next town and it has got a lot of upscale stores ,"Jeese Margaret it jist likeWorth Ave in Palm Beach,or Radio Drive in Hollywood" noo I hiv tae pull the caur ower and shes saying whits up ? I said Irene its RodeoDrive Ach well a wissnae faur aff rolleyes.gif thats Irene fur yae
Catherine
That's culchur fur ye mags.....Ahm Irene laugh.gif
wee mags
Sorry Catherine but theres only wan you and thank God only wan Irene biggrin.gif we wre awe sitting in the living room and doon fae the upstairs comes her majesty wae her woolie hat and a jacket me and Bert get hysterical,she says its cauld oot there"!!!! and me and Bert are sitting wae just short sleeved shirts on but thats Irene fur yae
August26
Mags;
Tommy knew I was hoping to go to your house tomorrow (12/27)
David was also off today so he was gonna install the carpetting today, of course we had to move the furniture, pull up the old carpet and underpad, what a mess, off they go to the carpet store, at 2:30 who I might add was supposed to have everything ready for them, after a couple of hours I thought they had gone to Oshkosh for it, apparently the store lost our order, we finally got it at 9:15 tonight, the house is a disaster, everything is out of the living room and dining room, the kitchen and my computer room are wall to wall, and the worst part because of all the shoppers the Fire Company have the Firemen on overtime at the mall tomorrow, so much for my installation, we also need Tom to move the piano, he's on undecover at the same Mall for the Police Dept, I told Tommy we should go to the Mall follow our boys around and whisper to them ........carpetting.........think it will work, actually I told them, take the overtime, no big deal Mom can wait. rolleyes.gif
I guess I'll have to try for another time.

August
betty2
Have'nt been on for a coupla days (xmas shoppin) and how ah luv it, well catherine my date was a bit of a joke with a member of the board , who was feelin a bit down , the said person pm'd me fot a wee blether and we started kidding , so I suggested that we take a trip doon tae the gallowgate huv a drink in the sarry heid and head fur barraland . Think I managed to brighten the day of an expat who for a wee short moment was wearryin fur hame Goess aw you yanks huv put oan pounds an inches biggrin.gif am laffin like hell here ah've drapt TWO DRESS SIZES, thanks tae ma new pleasurable pastime And her bathing suit's still getting wet. Need anither wan on smaller size ha ha ha

still here in glesca
Melody
Ye've done whit? Ya wee devil, two sizes? Whit have you no been eatin'? laugh.gif Esther Williams right enough!
Gemini
well did ah huv a night last night, wee chill in the hoose so ah thocht let me light the wood stove, so goat it awe goan when all of a sudden the bloody stove pipe came crashing doon, soot awe ower the place and the room filling up wi smoke, off goes the smoke alarm "fire fire beep beep beep" its bloody yelling, aye ah know ah says trying tae grab the pipe wi bare hauns and burning masel, whit the heck dae ah dae noo "fire fire beep beep beep" aw shut the he** up ahm shouting, goat the pipe hawfway in, grabs ma jaicket runs across the street banged oan Hughie's door "Hughie Hughie ah need ye" runs back across the street Hughie running ahint me (must huv thoat ah needed him fur something else puir wee soul) comes in the hoose full of smoke windaes open doors open and fans goan full blast, calm doon he says, how cin ah calm doon says I ah need a bloody cigarette and ah cannae fun them in aw this bloody smoke "fire fire beep beep beep", aw my gawd will you no shut up. Well thanks to Hughie we goat it sorted oot for now but ah hud run oot the day tae buy new pipe and hopefully Hughie will pit it in fur me, the pipe you know laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Ria, even a'h don't go tae they lengths tae get the fire brigade! Ahhhhhhhh but a girl can dream! Hope yer ok the day.
Gemini
I hear ye Melody, but let me tell you I dont want oor firemen here they come running in wi the axes ready tae chomp at the walls hahahaha
Catherine
Posted in here earlier then hit reply an the thing dissapeart!!

Anyway, Ria the tears were runnin doon ma cheeks there readin that...an that last sentence hud me in hysterics laugh.gif
Oh sometimes wur safer no movin sure we are..if ye still smell the smoke try a shake a bakin soda ower yer carpet, leave it a wee while then hoover it up....wee trick a mine ah use after a perty, usually helps freshen.
betty ahm impressed, two sizes pet...ye'll be twinklin roon that Chrismas tree like the wee ferry ye are.
Away ye go oot an buy that bikini pet, werr it oan Christmas day an gie Lee a laugh...goan...ah dare ye!!
Melody
A'h widnae care if they ran in wi axes, as long as they ran in! unsure.gif The firemen again! Somethin' aboot aw that bravery jist gets ye, sure it dis? Then there's the kinda dusty jaikets................as well!
wee mags
Gemini Iam glad your okay ,your tale made me think of one time we were at my in-laws and my oldest son said Ma Iam going home ok?so off he goes,and a wee while later we went home to a house filled with smoke the big yank is shouting "whit the he#$@@$%is going on?" and there is Michael standing covered in soot I tried to lite the fire to make the room cozy when you came in ,poor wee thing Isaid to mike lets no get carried away "Carried away!!!!"the bliddy hoose could have caght fire " but it diddnae wis the wee mammys answer "Nae use talking to you " yer thick heided "excuse me am Italian by marriage no birth"wis that no a clever wee answer rolleyes.gif
betty2
Ria while you're startin fires am lookin fur somebody tae light ma fire rolleyes.gif know whit ah mean hen

Goat tae tell this wan , wisnae feelin too good yisterday , an ah wis talkin tae Ria oan the phone so am busy tellin her am gonny try alternative medicine , fur this dicky stomach o mine , (chinese) so oot comes Ria wae hur book (she hus wan fur every crisis)so as she's rattlim thru ah hear hur sayin "no thats fur sex somethin or other" says me "read that again" as am fumblin tae get pen an paper,never know haud ontae somethin fur long enuff yir bound tae fun a use fur it ha ha ha

catherine BIKINI?naw no even me is that gallus wink wink

still here in glesca
Gemini
laugh.gif Betty hahaha roflmao.
Hey Mags mah answer wis "I,m italian by injection only" hahahaha
Catherine
Ahm gainni start callin you two sisters "the saucers"...ye's are as saucy as hell an sure no how tae bring a laugh...BRILLIANT!! laugh.gif
betty2
Wid that be flyin saucers or cracked saucers? an tae thimk therr's another three at hame jist like us biggrin.gif didny manage intae the forge tae enquire aboot "you know whit Ria" as Scarlet O Hara wid say"I'll think about it tomorrow"Jeez ots cauld here heatin's oan full an therrs nae fear o the dug gawn fur walkies this night. And ah dont want tae hear o ony smart ass phonIn the RSPCA. Cos am no wellCatherine that wee remedy yi gied me cin ah put vodka in it an huv a hoat voddy insteed o a hoat toddy?.Worth askin ehhhh
still here in glesca
wee mags
Ria I didnae want tae get tossed aff the board ,but if it was among us I would have said it ha ha biggrin.gif
betty2
Seven days withoot a visitor? ohmy.gif no even melody ? well the xmas deccies are up alang wae the tree coupla wee mince pies an xmas treats can be found for anyone who cares to call

still here in glesca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.