Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Are you lot havin' a laugh?? It's the auld folks home ah'm goin' tae, no the maternity ward. Can you imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh yi wid jist die, sure ye wid? Anyhow couldnae happen tae me, a'h don't dae things like that, unless ah've got ma blindfold!!!!! laugh.gif
August26
Heather:
So how long will it take till I know if I'm gonna be an Aunt again, can I be Godmother this time, of course by proxy, Melody or Betty can stand in for me.
Tommy want's to know if your heat is steam heat, he was telling the plumber about your radiators and that towel bar in your upstairs bathroom.

August
Melody
laugh.gif August, I was reading that post of yours there, thinking that you were kidding Heather on about the menopause when you refer to her steam heat and then I read .........upstairs radiators, and I am in hysterics here! Jist shows the state of my head! You made my day August!!
Heather
Sis

The heating in our house is Gas Central Heating, except the towel rail in the bathroom is electric but hubby disconnected it as the bathroom was like a furnace.
We got a new gas system put in last year and the radiator in the bathroom is smaller so it is not as hot as it used to be. That is why we are having to redo the kitchen as the new Combi bolier is only half the size as the old one and we had a big space left on the wall and could not get the same doors, so we are getting new doors and worktops, hopefully before Christmas. unsure.gif

Not got the results of the Pregnancy tests yet, but I think it might be twins.
betty2
Twins that means baith melody an me baith get a wean tae haud, (but nae babysittin fur me) wid interfere wae ma social lfe. Noo carol singin thats right up me street cin we dress up
Silver belles silver belles
Melody ,Heather an me
Pretty belles pretty belles
A pretty trio us three
Thru the city we will wander
Singin songs for you all over yonder
Three pretty silver belles our voices will ring
And you all will hear us sing
"Soon it will be xmas time"

HO HO HO betty22
Heather
Sis
It just dawned on me today about the other radiators we had.

They were also Gas Central Heating although the they did not look like the usual radiators. The front were beige panels with a grid on top that the heat came through. The good thing about them was that the panels did not get hot and were safe for children as they could not burn themselves if they touched them.

They are discontinued now and we could not get spare parts that is why we had to get a new system put in.

Betty
Have you heard from The Scarlet Pimpernel yet. (Marion) They seek her here, they seek her there, the glesga folk seek her everywhere. laugh.gif

Aw Betty, that is one of my favourite Christmas songs, Silver Bells.

Just dawned on me Betty, I am looking for a Plumber & Gas Fitter. Gorgi Registered. Your lad should know a few.
August26
Heather;
Tommy wanted to know if you had steam heat, I didn't notice when we were there, he was telling the plumber about your skinny radiators.

Melody: You are so funny, I also got a good chuckle reading your post. Melody still waiting for David to get you the Fire stuff, I didn't forget, I might have to boot him once, shake him up a little.

Betty: Yep, I can see the three of you Christmas Carolling, don't it do while Marion is there, she'll sing Crazy and wonder why your laughing at her.

We just got home from an overnight in Atlantic City, I was losing till I put $5.00 in a 50 Cent machine played three halves, bing bang three times triple red white and blue stars $460.00 felt good, then on a quarter machine hit triple triple cherry, 225 quarters, then I hit a few other good machines, shhhhhhh don't tell Tommy, I paid for breakfast and lunch, for three of us laugh.gif

August
Melody
Well ah'm shocked an stunned August, a good Glesga Lassie, gambling is it??? See that's you lot, as soon as ye leave this good city yez aw go tae the dogs! laugh.gif
betty2
Dis naebody come in here onymerr fur tea an cakes, or summit stroanger ? Wherr huv yis aw goat tae? This used tae be a house of fun biggrin.gif . Well thats me awready fur rhe weddin the morra, jist the herr tae get done in the mornin then dressed up in ma finery an off tae church fur 2pm. Its local jist oot the church an intae the parish centre fur the reception Heather you'll no whit am talkin aboot here, Still undecided whit am wearin goat two choices hangin here och ah'll think aboot it the morra
still here in glesca
August26
Betty:
Sorry we couldn't stop by for a drink though a hot cuppa would have been perfect today, this is the type of day that reminds me why I could never live in Scotland, rain rain rain PLEASE take it back, snow in north Jersey, yippee we finally got the paint for the living room dining room and the best room in the house, MY computer room, light gold for the living room and dining room. light sage for my room, then off to Costco for some bargains, then to our favorite restaurant Ferraro's in Edison, the best Italian food in the world, I had Shrimp Parm, Tommy had Calamri
and Rigatoni dessert was Amaretto Terimasu, I'm stuffed it was so good, after 2 glasses of White Zinfandel, Tommy had Merlot. I need a nap.
I have to proof read this post, oops hope I got all the spelling mistake.

August
Barbara
I have a question.

I did not want to start a new topic for it, so will ask in here if that's ok Betty.

Ewan McGreggor was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he told a joke. He said Americans would not get it and he was right.

Someone please explain this joke to me.

Two guys were walking down the street and they passed a bakery. One guy asked, "Is that a merange or a cake?" The other guy answers, "No, it's a cake."

I don't get it............. sad.gif
wee mags
is it a merague or a cake? translation "am I wrong or is that a cake?" biggrin.gif
August26
Barbara:
Here I am your dumb friend.......................I don't get it either, yep we is the two, dummy and dopey, take your pick. laugh.gif

August
Barbara
August,

Can I be dopey? Huh huh can I please huh can I please? laugh.gif

Thanks wee mags!!! That's a load off my mind. Phew!!!
Catherine
Aw this time oan the GG Barbara an ye didnae get the joke....yer thick right enuf laugh.gif
Wished ahd seen him, ah like him so ah do..loved him in Moulin Rouge
wee mags
hey Catherine they radiators sound like the ones wee max would climb up in your playroom,you know the ones he jumped off!!!!!!!! HA, HA biggrin.gif
anne
Hi to all, I thought the joke was Is that a cake or a merangue
no your right it's a cake.. ( translation Glasgow amawrang....) cool.gif

Anne Perth Aussieland
August26
Honestly, I don't see the joke, I think all of you who have tried to explain it should join Barbara and me, "the dumby dopey clan" all are welcome, we do not dicriminate...............right Barbara biggrin.gif
Barbara
I DO finally get it!!!

But I told the joke backwards.

It was, "Is that a cake or a merague"? "No, it' a cake"

Anne, glad you spelled it out amarang, that helped alot.

Get it now, August? wink.gif (see Once Upon A Time)
Melody
Phew....thank goodness fur that laugh.gif
Catherine
Couldnae get on the board the day, anybody else?

Wis up at Geoffs auntie's 'family gatherin'..wee perty.. an Mags, it wis in Niagra an we'd tae go ower thae bridges again...and yer woman here wis jist fine ah might add!{aw chuffed }

Anyway, Auntie Ev's aff her heid, dead trendy an looks brill.
She's eighty an ye'd never know it.
We came in an she's up introducin ye tae cousins an throwbacks fae a hunner year ago...and dae ah no end up talkin tae a lovely woman, great sense a humour, two of us playin wae the boys an enjoyin a wee splash.
She's werrin the black leather jaiket, hair aw short an spikey, fabulous shoes oan an dead funky jewellery...SHE wis eighty an aw!!
Ah near draaped oan the spot when she telt me.
Talk aboot leavin a party wae a spring in yer step, age is nothin if ye believe it...an by jings if ah get tae be eighty that's gaunni be me. biggrin.gif
wee mags
a bet you wur gled I wissnae there tae faw a sleep again biggrin.gif
Marion Dougan
Hi guys, I am in Bishopbriggs. Spent the first week in Whitburn with my sister. My cousin Irene picked me up Sunday, so will be here 'till Sunday. I just emailed Betty, guessed her email address, so hope she gets it. I will call her tonight. Sooo glad I could get on the board. I miss all of you. Looking foward to meeting Melody, Betty and Heather. It is a lot easier for me to meet them when I am in Bishopbriggs, train right into Queen st. Whitburn ... the last bu s back from Glasgow is 6:30 no way ha ha ha I am enjoying myself. My cousin Irene spoils me rotten, you know me I lap it up. I emailed Joabby right away from my sisters, then didn't hear back, a thought a better call him, he didnae git the email, so that's why he hadn't heard anything, so come oan guys, klet meet soon, am raeady
betty2
Got Marion's email noo awaitin her call , heather called me yesterday (sunday)but I was'nt at home she left a message poor wummin her computer has crashed, So noo am waitin on gemini gettin me her phone number fae august tae ah call her back.Who said life wis easy? biggrin.gif Noo melody you keep tuned in for details of meeting Marion, will pm you

Had a great day at the weddin oan saturday the bride wis lovely(so wis ah)aw dressed up in ma new claes ha ha Will keep y/all posted aboot Mation's visit , Aw Andy ah bet yi wish yi wur still here, jist think aboot it me an marion an you in glesca ha ha ha

still here in glesca
Marion Dougan
Betty just tried to phone you. Must have the wrong number, please email me, ck. your email just sent one. Time is about 6:30pm
betty2
Marion have emailed you my number waiting patiently for you're call
betty2
still gere in glesca
betty2
Tryin tae arrange a lunch date sometime between now and friday , awaitin melody's answer to my pm and august tryin tae contact Heather need you're help here ohmy.gif
still here in glesca
Melody
A'hm here! smile.gif
Melody
This is whit they dae tae me. laugh.gif ...Betty where are ye?....I'll phone ye in five minutes.
Catherine
Darring daarring.....Hallo....Hi is that you betty...yes it is...Hi it's me...blah blahblah blah blah ...blahblah blahblah laugh.gif
Melody
Oh she's a busy wummin. laugh.gif She's got a busy busy line.......
Catherine
Bet the daft bat's noaked it aff the hook Melody laugh.gif

Wish ah wis gaun anaw...disnae matter...naw really...ah'll jist wait here....wunner if therr'll be anybudy left tae play wae...bet therr willnae be...weesadface
betty2
I'm free phone husnae stoapt an am watchin coronation st. Got you're pm melody an am sad aboot that ohmy.gif Noo wherrs august wae the info ah need . By the way got a rerr place Tae go fur lunch comes highly recommended Melody will be missed on this occasion bit I fully understand work comes first , perhaps we can arrange something b4 marion returns home
still here in glesca
Melody
sad.gif Sno ferr! Catherine it's no ferr!
Marion Dougan
Melody hope we can arrange something before I go home. I hope to hear from Betty tomorrow, she is still tryig to get a number for Heather, come oan August, wherr ur ye??
betty2
Guess whit this daft auld bat hud noakt the phone aff the hook sorry melody, still tryin tae get heather phoned her sister in law , who disnae know me far adam, and asked her tae tell heather tae phone me . The wummin must think am a heidcase

still here in glesca
Marion Dougan
August call Betty wie Heathers number please
betty2
SUCCESS AT LAST
am no jist a pretty face have jist spoke tae heather and its aw soartit will meet marion a 1.30pm at queen st station an fae ther we're off tae lunch. Will phone you tomorrow Marion tae confitm
still here in glesca
August26
Marion & Betty:
Some people on this board are still gainfully employed, like me for instance, I was on here briefly at lunch, but very briefly, so you called my sister-in-law Rose and got the number, when is the big date....................poor Melody, I think they set this up deliberately they resent the gainfully employed like us, you do have to try and get to meet Marion.

August
buntyq
Melody, I hope you meet up with Marion. She kept the fun going at the Big Meet last June at Wee Mags.
Melody
Okay kids, have a great time and I'll catch up wi you Marion before you go home, have a great holiday. Wish ah wis a lady who does lunch. laugh.gif
betty2
August after MANY years of being gainfully employed, I am now enjoying the pleasure of being a lady of leisure. You too will join this club eventually, and then we can do lunch together biggrin.gif Whether it be here or stateside What say you ?

ps got the pm
still here in glesca

Hi bunty how you doin hear you're next to grace our shores with you'tr company

betty2
Marion Dougan
WQell Betty called me this morning, lunch 1:30 Thursday, a jist woke up, canny remember wherr we're gawn, let me know Betty. Buchanan st bus station at the kiosk, a remember that. I am looking forward to meeting Heather and seeing you again Dear Betty. Melody I hope we can get together before I go back, I would love to meet you,
Cheers, Marion in Glesca,
Gemini
is yjis gonnae be a laugh laugh.gif Betty and Heather at Queen st station an Marion at Buchannan St bus station whait a lunch thats gonnae be hunting awe ower glesga looking fur each other oops betty is trying to phone me let me see whits gawn oan noo
Gemini
well jist goat aff the phone wi betty ok Marion Buchannan St bus station it is sorry mah mistook here seems betty wis oan the phone wi Marion this morning and made awe the final arrangements ah wid really hate tae be wan tae confuse Marion, so be at the bus station kiosk Marion and ah hope youse awe huv a really nice lunch, too bad Melody cannae be there but ahm sure they will arrange something that Melody can meet up wi them before Marion leaves. Cannae be there in person but definitely be therr in mind wi youse wink.gif
betty2
Marion tae avoid confusion here Ria's goat it wrang and you are right 1.30pm Buchanan st bus station at the kiosk.The venue is an Irish pub , first class at the corner of buchanan st and w. george st. It comes highly recommended Lookin forward to meeting you once again rolleyes.gif

see ya therr
Marion Dougan
Ah;ll be therr wie bells oan
Melody
Marion, have a great time and we'll get together before you go back again. Don't move fae the spot when you get to the kiosk, don't go flyin' up in the air like you did that night in the chat laugh.gif
Enjoy yourself!
betty2
I think all of us who were in the chat that night , wont forget that episode biggrin.gif it was the most hilarious time ever we had on here , and Marion an experience like that could only happen to yousoo ya the morre
still here in glesca
Marion Dougan
If a don't show up Thursday, call the cops, I may get loast oan the bus wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.