Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
August26
Gallus:
I had a good laugh at your comment about your singing, many a time the same thing was said to me, I remember as a teenager asking my older brother if I could borrow a sweater to go ice skating, the style was baggie sweaters, when he said no I threatened to sing to him, I won every time laugh.gif

August
buntyq
I think I told this story in the old Board but here goes again. My Dad was a polis in Springburn and we were living in Adamswell Street at the time. It was his day off. While a would be Mario Lanzo was singing The Old Rugged Cross in the back courts, his accomplice was trying all the doors. When no one answered he would break in. My Dad put two and two together and chased both of them down Springburn Road. My mother's comments: "thank God John has on a clean shirt".
Melody
Hi ya buntyq, I'll be in touch just off to work as usual.
Well ah jist had to make it clear that me maself, ah'm far too young to remember the backcourt singers....but ma granny told me about them. But ....see if ah practise wi Heather we might make a fortune laugh.gif That and the flying machine...we could be international stars!! Dae ye think? We'll need tae practise Heather, .......ah'll meet ye the night roon the backcourt!
Heather
Melody, we'll need to bring a flashlight torch so people can see us because the backcourts are dark and in case people think we are a couple of cats. laugh.gif We also need a big bag to put all the money in.

Do you think we'll need someone else to pick up the money, maybe Betty will help us out and I heard she is a good singer.

See when we make our first million, we will not be giving anything to that August person for calling us "old bags"!!!!!!!

I better go and start practising my carols. doh ray me fah...............that's me singing in my soprano voice!!!!!!!!!!!
Catherine
ssssshhhhhhhhh....AH KIN HEAR ANGELS!!! laugh.gif
Melody
Ah ma singin' and flyin' pal, laugh.gif Heather ,ah think we'll be a sensation, kin ye dae a soft show shuffle? Jist in case somebudy sends fur the polis! Naw we'll be ...up up and away... before that happens. Noo mind plenty o' lemon and honey fur the voice, yer sannies oan, we need tae make sure the flyin' machines in good order, oh aye an the rope make sure it'll haud us, cause the money'll be heavy tae carry. Betty kin fling it up tae us fae her big bag wance we take aff! .......Flying down to Rio...la la la la Rio de Janiero oh here ah kin jist see us noo. Kin you?
Catherine
Never mind Rio....ah kin still see ye tryin oan troosers unner yer skirt in Markies..... laugh.gif tongueootanwinkywinkguffawguffawguffaw
Melody
Wisnae me! laugh.gif See folk wid never believe that aboot me Catherine...........now you however!
Catherine
Mind the security guards face... laugh.gif ..cripes if the man could huv goat intae ma poakets incase ah done a runner he wid have.
Nice troosers an aw eh, wur they pink?....Oh ahv jist remembert ah wis in tae buy underwerr an aw....cripes we didnae get that either did we?
Think it wis that last sannie in the pub that done it.
Melody
Ach ye made me remember that wee day Catherine, I really enjoyed it and ah was sad when ye went away, just thought I'd tell ye! wink.gif Oh ah better get back tae bein' cheeky again ah hate gettin' sad.
Melody
Anyhow, your supposed be singin' Big Spender fur Marion in Sing Song! laugh.gif
Isobel
Thanks Catherine and Jimmy for your welcome back. I have spent the last hour reading thirough some of the posts.Have.nt really had time to get involved so much going on here. We spent most of our time in England going to the nursing home for a few hours every day.Never thought for one minute that Jims mother would still be alive when we left. It was awful to leave knowing that we would not see her alive again. Jim would have stayed on but the doctor could not give us any indication as to how long it would be, so he decided to come home. We will go back as soon as thing's change. Right now I am trying to get the insurance to give us some compensation on our first tickets. Not haveing much luck as we were not going back for a death they say they wont refund any money. So already we have had two trips to pay for and another one coming up.
I know that some of you on the board have gone through the same thing this year loosing a loved one. It was such a terrible thing everyday seeing someone who was so intelligent having to depend on others for everything .The only thing that seems to be working ok is her brain. That in itself is sad ,because she is aware of all the things she can no longer do .All she can do now is nod her head. The folks at the nursing home have been fantastic. They have been so good to her . I know recently ,even on the board you were talking about home care. Well we have no complaints . These men and women are a special breed and deserve a medal. I could not do all the jobs that they are doing . In most cases with a smile. Anyway just popped in to say hi , let you all know I am still here and thinking of all of you .
wee mags
Isobel its nice to see you back ,I hope you and your family will get the strength to get you through this hard time, I never made it to my mother before she passed and the young priest held the mass for her burial until I came,my lastsight of her is her sitting in bed in Killern Hospital tell me she would see me next year,sorry to get morbid,So I will hold you in my prayers
Catherine
Right....ahm Hallooweeeeened oot the day,jist need tae run back up tae school fur Jakey's perty noo...aw the weans did the walk roon the block...whita picture, hilarious, eight hunner of them laugh.gif
Ah'll be lookin furra splash around four,get the glesses cleant Melody, bank the fire up cos it's cauld oot therr pet.
Melody
Glesses sparklin'. fire roarin'! "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" aw naw that's Christmas sure it is. OK you kin dook fur apples first! laugh.gif Whit ur ye dressin' up as?
Catherine
Ah didnae dress up thank God...Wis the only parent therr!!
Raced ower tae get Maxi fae the wee pals early, an in we went....Naebudy therr.
Aw the weans at Computer studies,we're sittin in the empty classroom....but see when they goat back an Jakey walked intae the room....his face wisa picture....God love him he wis DELIGHTED!!
Glad we went,furra split second ah wis gaunni kill him fur sayin aw the parents werr gaun....but he's awfy gorgeous the day so ah'll no bother laugh.gif
Cripes in the door ten minutes noo ah need to go back an get him...ever huv wan of thae days???
Melody
smile.gif Ach the wee soul, that cheered me up Catherine.
Catherine
Aye.... well see the ITHER wee soul, jist wait tae ah get a haud of him Melody.
He's bringin oot aw these sweeties fae his schoolbag and ahm thinkin cripes they've a lotta sweets fae the class....lettin him chow intae them thinkin ach tae hell it's Friday onyway.
Turns oot hauf of them belong tae anither weeboy..an that Maxi's scoffed the bloody lot !
See when he wis eatin them anaw ahm shoutin slow doon...nae wunner he wis racin ...fly wee bugger laugh.gif
Melody
Ach he's only wee Catherine he never meant it, ye know they dae these things noo and again, it's great when ye've been there before and ye can look at it with an experienced eye. Jist cuddle him, ye know it works. Wish ah hud wee weans for a wee while again, ah'm fed up wi big wans. No really, ah like them as well.
Ah canny help laughin, ah've got a mental picture of him hurryin up eatin those sweeties laugh.gif
Catherine
Positively thinkin ah guess you could say it's a wee entrapranurial streak he's goat Melody...everytime ah see his wee face scoffin ah laugh, eyes oan the back of yer heid wae that wan laugh.gif
Freezin an greyday here..cloaks go back the morra an aw...great...pitch blackat five soon....Lucky white heather an aw that...
Ye gaunni staun wae the glesses aw night or are ye gaunni pour us wan????
Melody
You pour, ye know ah'm nae good at that. Here saw yer pal Big Al on earlier, ah wiz gonny say it's pitch black here as well, but it's 9.30pm here! laugh.gif Rained the whole day I think whit a saw of it, here ah'm going to see Miss Saigon next week at the Kings. Have ye seen it? Wait fur it.......Aye ah've seen it ten times!!!!
Melody
Bet she's away confiscatin' the contraband sweeties! laugh.gif
August26
Where's Betty????????????????????
Catherine
Couldnae tell ye August...Melody telt me tae jump ana landed here laugh.gif

Here betty hud a Halloween perty...bet it's still gaun oan!
August26
If Betty's singing the party will go on forever, she knows too many songs rolleyes.gif

August
betty2
Party wis a huge success, everybody enjoyed themselves, an naw august ah didnae dae much singin , hud a karaoke machine, an wae wan o them every b*gg*r thinks they're top o the pops. Still a great time wis had by all an naebody left sober rolleyes.gif noo am away tae see when marion arrives therr must be a message somewherr fur me. Hullo Andy did yi enjoy yir trip???????
betty2

still here in glesca
Melody
Look whit a'h found:-

Glasgow Cake

Ingredients : 4 oz (100 g) chrystalised pineapple, chopped; 4 oz (100 g) chrystilised ginger, chopped; 4 oz (100 g) chopped mixed peel; 9 oz (250 g) butter; 12 oz (350 g) wholemeal flour; 4 oz (100 g) walnuts, coarsely chopped; 4 oz (100 g) cherries, cut in half; 4 oz sultanas; 5 tablespoons orange juice; 9 oz (250 g) caster sugar; 4 eggs, large

Soak the pineapple, ginger, cherries, sultanas and peel in fresh orange juice overnight. Cream the butter and sugar, and add beaten eggs alternatively with the wholemeal flour. Add the soaked fruits and the walnuts. Bake in an 8 inch or 9 inch tin, at 325 deg F, 170 deg C or Gas Mark 3, for two hours.

Right Catherine, get yer pinny oan hen! laugh.gif
Melody
Jist thinkin' a'h could make that cake fur Marion comin', ........if a'h could bake!!! Mibbe a'h better jist get a packet o' caramel wafers! huh.gif
Catherine
Och stuff that Melody....Piece in jam ana boattle a vodi...ye'll be her pal fur life laugh.gif

Wunner if the eagle has landed yit in Glasgow...bet she'd tae pay fur extra luggage {jist a hunch ahv goat}
Melody
Betty'll keep me posted, that must be why we have aw these fireworks here the night, it's fur Marion she must have landed! laugh.gif
Heather
I'm loaded with the cold and was in my bed but I can't get to sleep for the fireworks going off. Some of the colours are really lovely but very noisy.

I'll just have a wee look through Betty's cupboards and see if she has any fireworks, maybe I should look in Lee's room I'm sure he'll have some.
Well you know what they say, " if you can't beat them, join them".

Remember, remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
wub.gif
Melody
Wid you believe Heather, I'm exactly the same ah'm nursin' masel here wi a wee toddy and a packet o paper hankies, and they bloomin' fireworks are gettin' oan ma nerves! Cough cough sniff sniff! sad.gif
Catherine
Here you two that's anuf!
Cripes aw ye's need's a blanket ower yer knees, radiogram oan an Ovaltine..SMARTEN UP!! SFRIDAY NIGHT!!
NOISE??? Ah'll gie ye's noise, moan ower, weans are in fae school ...jist made a cuppa tea, baltic oot therr laugh.gif
Melody
Oh a'hm no well here, gie's that cover back fur ma knees,wee toddy's helpin' I think!! C.mon cheer me up! sad.gif
Another clean shirt'll dae me!
Catherine
Awright, whit ye waant tae play....moan we'll play dressup!!
Okay ah'll go furst..

Ma Manola Blanik Persian silk slip oans{shoes} encase the golden tanned feet wherr ma pearl an platinum diamond anklette winks....
Travellin up the six fit pure toned legs..tae ma knees laugh.gif .. is a sure silk scarf test success.
Persil white linen mini sarong blows delicate wisps of draap dead gorgeousness..
Ma wan shouldert Armani Charcoal grey cashmere's draped tae perfection, perfect midriff length, wherr upon ma tantalisin waashboard tummy ma bellybutton diamond sparkles brilliantly against the heat of the St Maartin sun thit lives oan the blue azuric sky ...day in day oot!

TARA...Right who's next???
Catherine
Everybody loves a pooper
That's why we invited you
Party poooooper Party Poooooooper!

Staunin here gorgeous an no a buggers comin oot tae play...jist like the thing, naebudy see's ye when yer dazzlin, but look like a bombsight? by jings ye kin depend oan the droves tongue.gif
Heather
Actually Catherine, we are too ill to come out to play!!!!!!!!!.

Coughing, sneezing, upset tummies and sore heads with fireworks still going off. So less of the slinky apparel, the only slinking we're doing is off to the whisky bottle for another toddy. wink.gif
Catherine
Well nae slouch me this mornin Heather....
Jist beat the traffic warden writin oot a ticket for me in her nice waarm car!
Ma neighbour phoned an said quick, ticket witch is oot,so ah runs oot the door an therr she is right behind ma car...ah gave her the thumbs up sign tongue.gif , hopped intae the car in ma slippers an took the car intae the driveway...she wisnae amused but ah thoat it wis great!
Brilliant start tae a Monday if ah say so masel..tra la la la la..
{watch it aw go wrang noo}
betty2
Have'nt heard a dickie bitd fae the lady in question beginnon rae wunner IF SHE HAS LANDED If so guess she musy be whoopin it up with family , and thats allowed. Will keep you posted melody Loat o coughin an sneezin gawn oan in here, get the toaddy intae yis (melody & heather) we might be gawn fur a wee dinner date soon wae the lady marion wunner wherr she is no like her tae be this quiet?????????????

betty2

still here in glesca
Heather
Well Betty, if Marion has been whooping it up with the family then she is probably recovering from a massive hangover. sad.gif

Still in recovery myself as every time I eat anything I'm sick!!!!!!!!!.

There seems to be a lot of people going down with this bug and not just adults, children as well.
August26
Oh the two bitty old ladies Heather and Melody, get well before Marion arrives on the scene, I had what you both have, the throat and right ear were also inflamed, and I couldn't get warm, Tommy said I looked like a refugee, flannel nightgown, with sweatpants, socks, and my fisherman knit sweater (yes Heather the one you made) the boss called and said take an extra day, we're not too busy, nice man, when I returned to work I thanked him, he said you don't abuse sick time so I knew you had to be sick, I hope your husbands are wiating on you both wink.gif

August
wee mags
Hi Betty in Glasgow Scotland, this is Mags in America,
Iam still laughing at our wee blether on the phone ,and the yank said" I did not know it was the pole dancer" biggrin.gif
Gemini
still wondering if "The Eagle" landed, talked wi joaby boaby and even he husnae heard frae her she must be huving a heck of a time, mibbe Andy flew back and the two of them are living it up laugh.gif bin a long time since ahve bin oan huv a missed onything Heather and Melody hope the two of you ur daen better a guid hoat toaddy works wonders hahaha.
betty2
Hey mags you tell the yank next year he better be sittin doon am gonny be LAPDANCIN at marion's do biggrin.gif Its ma speshulty. Marion still no comin oot tae play hmmmmmmmm
betty2
still here in glesca
Melody
Hi ya Betty, oh Betty a'h hope it's not this week as ah'm jist hangin' in here! Feelin' rotten still! sad.gif
betty2
This is a busy week fur me anaw melody got a weddin (naw irs no mine) biggrin.gif at the weekend so you take yir medicine like a good lassie an let Hugh spoil yi rotten, then when yir rarin tae go we shall arrange something. Thats tae say if we cin fun marion

Marion if you're oot therr gie me a bell
Am sittin here waitin as usual inmasel
A night on the town wae yir freens oan GG
Melody an Heather and of course ME
Perhaps a wee luncheon or dinner if you care
We'll aw meet up in this city so fair

betty2 (wunner if she's tuned in tae us??????)
Heather
Betty
What part of Glasgow is Marion in????? if it's nearby we'll go and find her.
Melody and me can go Carol singing at the same time and you can pick up the money, it will pay for our meal. Might be a free meal in Police Station but what the heck, live dangerously.

But not this week as I am still fragile.
One of my friends said if the sight of food makes me sick then I need to go for a PREGNANCY TEST wub.gif Are you reading this Melody!!!!!!!!!!!!! a change of life baby, WHAT.
August26
Hey Sis:
Why not there's a 57 year old woman in NY about to give birth to twins, she must be nuts, didn't say if she has other children, she will be 70 by the time they're teenagers, and 75 by the time they graduate high school, if it were me, they'd find my body in the Raritan River on it's way to the Atlantic Ocean dry.gif

August
Heather
Sis
WOW 57yrs old , and here's me only 35yrs old. laugh.gif
Isobel
Hey Heather did you get the results of that pregnancy test yet????? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.