Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
wee mags
hey August whits it wae these ex marines ? mine went fae living
at 40 tae livin a 42 same street rolleyes.gif
Marion Dougan
IT'S JIST GONNA HUV TAE, BE NICE AN COZY FUR ME YOU BETTY, ANDRA tOMMY tongue.gif
August26
Marion:
You need to move your house north, my God that much house and so cheap, that house in our town is worth at least $600,000.00, heck I can get $285,000.00 for mine, I would buy it, but it's too far from New Jersey, yep Letter Carriers down south live like kings, really beautiful home.

August
Marion Dougan
A GUESS YOU MANAGED TO PULL IT UP THEN, FAMILY BACK HOME HAVING A PROBLEM PULING IT UP
Marion Dougan
haydans room and the master bedroom, when I click the x it does not open, any ideas guys????
betty2
Marion had ti leave the chat therr have sent an e-mail ro you
betty2
noo am gonny see if ah cin get a swatch at the hoose that am no gonny be steyin in
Catherine
Yo Marion,
Makin dinner an puttin oot a hunner fights...
Try RIGHT clickin oan the x..then hit show picture {or open picture}...I've no did it masel yet but that usually works.
Sometimes it comes up oan yer task bar at the bottom too..takes a wee minute to download. Good luck, ah'll try it later
August26
Marion:
Maybe Dan's room is X rated wub.gif

August
betty2
Am, ah missin summit here where is the picture? s/no herr ah want a peek ohmy.gif
betty 2
ah could go in the huff here
Catherine
betty....Bring up the real estate page....then scroll down and the left hand side has a list of things...
hit on 'for sale' or words to that effect {sorry no got it in front of me betty}
then scroll down the properties till ye see Marions address
Hit oan that
Is it workin? biggrin.gif
Marion Dougan
August Dans room????? don't quite understand. Bob is an Engineer not a letter carrier, noo ther'e nutin wrang wie a letter carrier, MA TOMMY'S WAN tongue.gif Betty goat yer message, a wull email you the siteCatherine a wull try an r click
August26
Sorry Marion, I meant Haydans room rolleyes.gif
Marion Dougan
Betty tried to email you , it came back. I arrive Nov. 5 in Glasgow, coming back for my sis. in laws surprise 60 party, staying 'till Dec. 2, wish me luck ha ha ha. We need to get the gether, me you Melody, Heather an anyone else who would like to join us, the party is Nov 20, so please do not pick that date. This is the first time I have missed Thanksgiving with the kids, Bob said he will do the turkey, Kristi will help. Hope he keeps the hoose clean noo it's oan the market ha ha ha catch you later
August26
Marion:
You won't have to miss your Thanksgiving dinner, I'm sure Heather will cook it for you, she's a good cook, we just have to let her know what to cook besides the turkey, I know they won't be a substitute for Joaby Boaby and the kids, but I can't imagine Thanksgiving without turkey and trimmings, you could also invite Martin, the more the merrier, I'm sure he will enjoy it, one question, are you really going to Scotland, you said this recently and had us all curious as to where you were ohmy.gif

August
Marion Dougan
I am going to Scotland honest!!!! I was just teasing the last time
Gemini
AHM BAACK hud a great time doon in Jawja met up wi Bunty and her daughter and we had a lovely lunch talked wi Marion but didnae get tae make her pairty didnae get ootta the heilan games early enuf to drive therr but still hud smashun gabs oan the phone, weel noo catch up later lot of running tae dae biggrin.gif
Melody
Aw Ria, that was lovely glad you had a nice time. smile.gif
Melody
Fancy new chat room eh? Ah was in having a wee look around, naebudy in right enough, so ah had a wee dance around the empty room! laugh.gif
Melody
I think you all go to a party on a Saturday night on these boards and leave me in here masel, where are you all? huh.gif

Ah'll need to start singing again.....an yez'll no like it!!
Isobel
Hi all , i'm back .Three long weeks in England,way to long to be away from all my friends. Sure could do with a nice wee cupa and an empire biscuit. Had a lot of these penguin biscuits in the past few weeks ,my but they are good. Ok just wanted to say hello and I'll talk to you all soon. wink.gif
August26
isobel:
Welcome home, I think Betty is expecting you to bring the empire biscuits, since you've been on vacation we are expecting you to wait on us, so get the teapot going wink.gif

August
Catherine
Good to have ye back Isobel, God Bless ye and take it easy pet. We're aw here when yer ready for a blether wink.gif
Gemini
thanks Melody nice to go away but always nicer tae get back tho' wi the difference in the weather I felt like getting back oan the plane laugh.gif I see a couple of changes mainly the chat room need to sit doon and figger it out. Well O saw a couple of homes down there that I am interested in building starts in Jan., so i have a lot of thinking to do between now and then. Met someone before I left and went out to lunch with him and he claims to be the great great great etc grandson of the Earl of Bothwell, i told him he was putting me on but he says he will show me his family tree, I hope thats all he shows me, LOL not into this dating scene told him so but he still keeps calling me, now what do I do, tho I did agree to go with him to the theatre in Dec as he is going with a group safety in numbers I always say, ok girls need advice here.
jimmyd
Nice to see you back Isobel,no been aroon much masel.Went to the Doctor wi a sore thumb, a couple of weeks ago.Have had X rays, chest, knee, and lower back.ECGs,blood tests,fastest finger first prostate test,assessment for rahabilitation programme for my wonky lungs,visit to Chest doctor,have to go for a nuclear stress test,to check heart,Sleep Apnea test,another test for the shakes { didnae tell him ah hid been on the Voddie the night before },been put on another puffer,Oh Need tae watch ma diet and Cholesterol intake. Tell ye whit,next time ah will put a bandaid oan ,and bugger the doacters. So ye kin see ,have been a wee bit busy. sad.gif
Catherine
Listen tae the man Ria....Here's you needin advice hen an typical bloody man starts talkin aboot his bandaid problems laugh.gif
Och haud yer wheesht Jimmy an sit doon, here's a cuppa tea ana Blue RibBANDAID!! Guffawguffawguffaw...

Ria, Excitin news about the house, bran new ye say....Luxurious!!
Instinct wid tell me to go furrit...new start, new phase call it whit ye will...but our birthdays tend to go up the way an yer closer tae family which is a huge plus cos ye'll no be bothert in twenty year time tae drive aw the way doon tae see them...Gaun bite the bullet pet, dae the Steel Magnolia Glesga Style!

Jeannie advisor here also thinks ye should go oot wae yer new pal....why no?
It gets ye intae different company, ye'll get a good laugh, gets ye oot more, and ye jist say sorry but no thanks if yer no clickin.
Ye've reart weans an made a grand job, had a good marraige and been a good partner to yer husband.
If he wis here ah bet he'd say Go furrit Ria!
{an if the new pal gies ye ony hassle we'll batter his melt in fur ye}winkywinkwink {sounds excitin pet...moan, winters comin..sgaunni be dead borin soon enuf...ah dare ye..moan!}
Marion Dougan
I already told her to go for it Catherine, nothing to lose. Oh poor Jimmy D let me kiss it better x x x x x x x x xx x that aw better noo son??? August por Tommy what a horrible thing to happen to such a nice guy,x x x xx for Tommy
jimmyd
Right Gemini honey ,sorry tae steal yer thunder pet.Typical male that I am,I never read the posts,just barged in wi ma sore thumb.OK so you are movin to Jawjah,wow!!! that sounds real cool,and I am happy for you love.Noo about this Earl of Whitever,you be careful noo!! can never tell a book by it's cover ye know.Just you make sure if his intentions are honorable right!! an if they are ditch him!!!! biggrin.gif
jimmyd
OK Missy fae Canada ,am no insensitive ye know

Jeannie advisor here also thinks ye should go oot wae yer new pal....why no?
It gets ye intae different company, ye'll get a good laugh, gets ye oot more, and ye jist say sorry but no thanks if yer no clickin.
Ye've reart weans an made a grand job, had a good marraige and been a good partner to yer husband.
If he wis here ah bet he'd say Go furrit Ria!
{an if the new pal gies ye ony hassle we'll batter his melt in fur ye}winkywinkwink {sounds excitin pet...moan, winters comin..sgaunni be dead borin soon enuf...ah dare ye..moan!}

Ye hiv missed your calling Pet,thats real Agony Aunt stuff,and I must say ,very good advice.The last bit wid go doon a treaton US TV eh!! biggrin.gif
Melody
Ria, ye know whit I think! I think it's great, you go for it girl, nothing ventured, nothing gained! Bet he's lovely! wub.gif
Yer a Glesga lassie, if he's no right fur ye, ye'll no be long in tellin' him! Oh there's nothin like a romance is there?
Jimmy, you take care of yersel, see if that plaster comes off, mind an put a new wan oan. Seriously take care or yourself or you'll never get up aw there stairs at Celtic Park an a' canny lift ye!
jimmyd
Ah wull crawl up Melody ,don't you worry about that. biggrin.gif
August26
Ria:
I've been patiently waiting to hear from you, now your in trouble, big big trouble, about the man, hold him at bay till,
# 1)you check out his bank book and make sure no one has power of attorney
#2) get a criminal investigation done on him
#3)make sure previous wives are dead, so he doesn't have to pay support.
#4) get a pre nuptial agreement, what's his is yours and what's your's is your own.
now as for your move to Jawja, well we have to discuss it, you know you can't leave Jersey without my permission, my friend Marge is moving down there also, she was smart she got my permission. wink.gif

August
Melody
laugh.gif August by the time ye did aw that, ye'd be aff the notion!
jimmyd
My god August the poor soul wid be fair wabbit efter aw that!! biggrin.gif
Melody
Mornin' Jimmy, jist away tae work here, it's a cold mornin' and it's only Tuesday!! sad.gif Hope yer feelin' better!
jimmyd
I am fine Melody,it is just the Doc getting all these things checked out .No probs, hope you have a wee warm binder oan ye this cold day. lol biggrin.gif
betty2
Hullo Therr friendly wans biggrin.gif have been entertaining a cousin who stayed over for a few days, so was'nt able to come in here . now that does'nt mean I had forsaken you lot. Noo am noticin in ma absence a lot hus been goin oan here , Marion click on the email beneath this post and it will get to me, need aw the details of you're arrival (this I'm lookin furrit tae) an tae hell wae thanksgiving we'll huv a celebration here no fond o turkey tho but y/no whit they say "when in Rome do as the Romans do" so me an you will dae a bit o roamin in the gloamin ha ha See Ria hus gied yos her news eh (wunner if ah'll get tae be bridesmaid this time)Jimmd hope you are well an the finger is better. Noo ma poor pal Melody away rae work in these cauld moarnin.s wrap up well hen canny afford you gettin sick durin Marions visit. Heather this is gonny be fun an dont fret hen we'll dine oot never liked the idea o slavin ower a hoat stove masel so us yins here in dear ol glesca will huv wursels a ball ha ha By the way this hoose could be daen wae a clean up seems since jimmy goat a sore finger naebody hus bothered wae the household chores
betty2[FONT=Optima]
betty2
Mention the word hoosework an not a body in sight .
betty2
still here in glesca
Catherine
laugh.gif ...Here betty ye should be in here the day...place a bombsight...Jake woke up wae the world oan his shoulders, a hunner fights later this mornin we goat tae school hauf an hoor late...then lunchtime he looked at me wae the wee whiteface pleadin no tae go back this afternoon.
Ahm aye tellin them tae listen tae their wee bodies, so he piped up 'mum my body's telling me I'm vulnerable today'...God bless him...wee flanneler but ye'v goat tae love that.

Big saftie here unnerstauns...so he's oot the back playin wae Maxi an the wee pal.
Ach tae hell he's only six,we aw need a wee mental health day noo an again don't we.
Ahv the cheek tae be makin popcorn here...ahv no tacklt the lunch dishes yit!!!!
Thae roses sure smell good though...sun's shinin oot the back therr...lovely Autumn day an ahm werrin ma blinkers fur noo..tae hell wae it!
Heather
You have to laugh at that one, " I'm feeling vulnerable today ", that's a cracker, I wonder where or from whom he picked that one up, could it be from MUM.

Went into the town yesterday to get a new cooker because my kitchen is gettting refitted ( when I get the cooker). Got off the train at High St. and there I am walking down towards Argyle St. and this woman is walking towards me, she is staring right at me and I'm thinking who is she staring at, then the penny dropped. I'm singing away to myself and the lips are moving, she must have thought I was talking to myself. Maybe if I had sung out louder some people might have taken pity on me and threw a few coins my way. The only thing is I was singing one of my favourite hymns, 'I watch the sunrise lighting the sky ', depending on what foot you kick with, I might have got badly bruised when they were throwing the money. laugh.gif
Melody
Just for you Heather, it's my favourite as well! smile.gif

I watch the sunrise lighting the sky,
Casting its shadow near.
And on the morning bright though it be,
I feel those shadows near me.

But you are always close to me
Following all my ways.
May I be always close to you.
Following all your ways, Lord.

It always gets you that one!
Catherine
We were over at the neighbours Saturday night therr fur dinner.
Seemingly I me masel wis oan top form beltin oot the show tunes...Amazin how ye kin be at the same nightoot wae folks an thae kin tell ye things ye done that ye cannae minda daen yersel..Ah think it wis the soup Kim made laugh.gif
Heather
Yes well I was sober Catherine, that's why I can remember what I was singing. LOL

Pity you were not there Melody, we could have sung a duet and got hit with even more money.

Melody do you remember when the men used to come around the backcourt singing and the women would throw some coins out the window to them, do you think we could try that. Christmas is coming and we could earn some money. Catherine could bring her wine and we could have a wee nip to keep us warm between songs. laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Heather I can just see the headlines...Two Glasgow Women arrested in the High Street , for their own safety. As they were taken into the police car they were singing hymns at the top of their voices. When questioned, they said they do it all the time on Glasgow Guide.
Heather
Melody, we could have Martin as our witness that we are always singing out of turn. laugh.gif I think if we stick to Carols we'll be ok.
August26
Oh Dear Lord, here you two go again, if you plan on carolling, can I watch, just the thought of it makes me laugh.
David is still working on WFD bags for both of you, hee hee a couple of bags for a couple of bags, let me know if your gonna need a file cake, I'll send Catherine with it, and honestly I think that Martin after reading some of these threads will decline the invitation to join you. tongue.gif

August
Catherine
We'll stick tae onywan...who's Carol? Is she a nice lassie August? laugh.gif
August26
laugh.gif
Gallusbisom
Heather, you just brought back a memory for me that I had not recalled in 40+years, the men in the back court singing. Wow! I can remember peering out the staircase windows (wasn't hard, there were a lot of missing panes) Thanks.

Ah'm no allowed tae sing in public, as ma mammy said, oor Irene cin noak the hale choir aff key, cause she sings atween the notes. An it's true, sounds smashin tae me, an I gie it laldy, bit jist whin ah'm alane, itherwize the shouts o belt up, wid bring the polis. G.B.
Heather
Hey you August,
I'll a couple of bags you!!!!!!!. That's you off the Christmas Card list!!!!!!.

When we start singing it will be a case of, " you ain't heard nothing yet".

Actually, there will be no need to send Catherine with a cake file, if the Police try to grab us we'll just jump into our flying machine and take off to a more affluent area. tongue.gif

GB
Some of the backcourt singers were really good.
I can remember one man who had a voice like Mario Lanza, he was well known in Glasgow and I'm sure he made a lot of money.
Catherine
Here Irene....trust me, ahm nae chanter, but ah seriously balieve some weird spirit that thinks she's Babwa Streisand enters ma buildin when ahv hud a few laugh.gif
{wisnae tae the next day ah fun oot some went oot an hud a joint....ah jist thoat everywan wis happy...ahm no intae that so ah wis nane the wiser}
Relax joint polis...Naebudy inhaled!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.