Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Marion Dougan
yeah Mags I think she is moving to jaw jaw
Melody
Better start knittin; in case it's No. 3 laugh.gif Sure that would be good, our first GG baby!
Catherine
Good wan Melody...Hurry up Ria, yer a bugger startin the goss an no finishin it !!

No long back here, waashin machine oan, dryer, freezer food put away, hud ma shower an ahm aw toasty.
Crispy afternoon, lotsa leaves and a kin feel a rid wine comin oan {jist tae keep in the holiday Thanksgivin mode y'no}
Ahm turkey'd oot, put oan three hunnerweight an werrin the big sloppy jumper an STAAAAARETCHY troosers laugh.gif
Melody
Gossip calypso Gossip calypso
Hear all about it yak a yak yak
Every woman up at the window
Giving out the gossip and getting it back

Oh Mrs Brown, well how are you now, I tell you,
I've had a shocking time with Ern and his stomach
Don't talk to me, my Charlie has gone and fallen down the stairs again, saints preserve us
Poor old chap, did he hurt himself well, not as much as
Alf that's my cousin Freds boy I learnt from Fred,
the doctor said, he'll have to have his kneecaps straight, gor blimey singing

Mrs Booze, have you heard the news that woman,
you know the very fat one down at the corner
Climbed in a truck, got stuck, they think that they never gonna get her out, do tell me
Well I had a feller round and gave him a pound, to free her with an oxyacetaline welder
Must send along some books, it looks like she's gonna be there quite some time, cor blimey singing

Oh Mrs Ware I do like your hair who does it,
I go to Madame Pom Pom round by the gas works
With all that fruit, it looks so cute, I can't believe it it's really you, like a film star
Have you heard dear, a little bird has told me Mrs Tate's expecting her seventh
Well glory be, that's three, she's had since Lenny had his tonsils out, cor blimey singing

laugh.gif
Catherine
By gumbayou that's a right Glesga song therr Melody laugh.gif
betty2
Listen do you want to know a secret
Will you promise not to tell oh oh no
Closer let me whisper in you're ear
I'll tell you what you all want to hear
whispa whispa whispa
I've known this secret for a week or two
A flittin? a romance? A BABY ! wae who
OH OH OH OHHHHHHHH rolleyes.gif
Heather
mad.gif
Melody
Heather, don't worry she'll crack, ah'll get the thumbscrews..
Catherine, any port in a storm! laugh.gif
Betty, Noo stranger things have happened...
The night's really ur drawin' in....
Rab-oldname
Don't panic girls!. A mans arrived on your page! ohmy.gif . Jist Rab itchin tae tell sumbdy ah've goat a new PC. Its called a LAPDANCER and its great!. Anybudy else oot there goat wan?.
Melody
Aye well that'll keep ye busy Rab. ohmy.gif
Heather
Rab

Are you sure you went to a Computer shop and not one of those nightclubs, a Lapdancer indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
Melody
Heather, Rab wis definately in the wrang shoap, either than ur he'll need tae get her a taxi hame at night! laugh.gif
August26
Someone in here is cruising for a bruising, now I'm not sure which one I want to bruise, either Ria or Betty, now Ria will be at the big party in NC, so I'm sure Marion can slip her a few and get her to talk, Marion if that doesn't work, well then you have to tie her to a stake wink.gif

August
Rab-oldname
unsure.gif Sorry. I meant LAPTOP. Now where did I get the idea it was something else? Hmmm.
Heather
Wishful thinking Rab.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif
buntyq
I've missed all of you very much. Had some trouble with my computer. Today was a red letter day because Gemini (Rea), her daughter Kathy, my daughter Suzy and myself met for lunch in Marietta Square. We had a great gab catching up on all our news and sharing memories of the Big Meet at Wee Mags house this year. wub.gif
wee mags
Gee bunty awfae glad to see you ,here I thought some rich southern genteman had ran off with you,
I missed you hope you are adjusting to your new life wub.gif
buntyq
Aye, Mags, glad to be back. This machine can be a bummer. I would be typing away and whoof! everything would disappear. I was maybe able to get one e-mail off a day. I'm starting to clean up some old mail but then I get to reading it and nothing gets done. If you talk to Marion ask her where the guest book is for me to sign and return to you. She has my address. I spoke to Rea about it today. Bought a small pick axe so I can make my way through this awful red clay to plant some bushes. Love, Bunty. rolleyes.gif
buntyq
Melody dear, here I am back in the land of the living and will be in touch. wub.gif
August26
Bunty;
Good to see you, I bet you had a good laugh reminiscing, are you going to Marion's party? we need a good reporter there, hopefully your it wink.gif

August
buntyq
Sorry, the only party I know about is the one Marion wants to hold next year for our third Big Meet. Is that still on? Good to be back in the fold again.
Melody
Bunty, I'm so pleased to see you, get those lovely stories polished up, we really missed you, I've got loads to tell you I'll write at the weekend. Love Melody xxx
Heather
I don't think Betty has been in all week and you lot are so busy blethering this place was a mess. I gave it a good clean, so no parties or sly drinks, anyway I finished off Jimmy's vodka and there's nothing left. Like Old Mother Hubbard, the cupboard is bare. I'm away to read my book, Princess by Jean Sasson. wink.gif
betty2
Hud wan helluva week wae the backache , gave ma GP a visit an he says b/cos o ma swimmin its muscular, to carry on but take it a bit easier. Gave me painkillers and a rub, noo how cin a wummin oan her own pit a rub oan hur back rolleyes.gif read that script. a hunner times tae see if there wis ony suggestions but alas, ha ha Well see Rab is wae us wance again LAPDANCER ? Noo Rab whit wid yi dae wae wan o them?, Bunty "hello hen " heard you hud a nice lunch wae Ria (did she tell yi hur secret) An tae the rest o yis lets party
betty2

still here in glesca
August26
Betty:
Are you sure you didn't get that backache from a rendevous with Andra you were both missing at the same time and he's still not on, what did you do to him? wub.gif
No Ria didn't tell us her secret, I'm betting she's selling her home and moving to Georgia, I have to talk to her, when will she be home?

Welcome back we missed, glad to hear your feeling better.

August
betty2
No august Andy didny get in touch an if he's readin this therr's no way he will , dont forget therr's a back rub sittin here an naebody tae apply it . methinks Andy hus forsaken me (sob sob) Wis really loolin forward tae huvin a fish supper wae him. Ria will be home on the 20th oct. Havin a good time with her family
betty2

still here in glesca
jimmyd
Right Betty ,ah hiv long erms ,so here we go, aw the way fae Aussie ,a back rub.Right oan yer tummy hen,Hing oan tae a hiv a wee Voddie,helps loosen up the fingers ye know.Ok here we go.Oops!!! nae rubbing alcohol,well might as well use ma ain stuff ,whit?? wan fur you, ye say!!,nae borrer hen here ye go ,will hiv wan masel ,tae keep ye company.Ok here we go.Hing oan ,ye might need a wee pain killer hen,here ye are,wean of Jimmys best efforts,might ash well hiv wan mashel!!! Hic!!!OK,are ye oan the table hen,right here we go then,whit!!! a wee song!!! nae borrer at aw "By the light ,of the Silvery Moon Da dee da." Och singin is thirsty wurk,will need a wee gargle love.Sure ye kin hiv wan Betty,makesh the mashagge more intershting.Ok on we go.whersh the table gone.Oh my goad ma nerves are shattered hen,are you ok.Dae ye need mooth tae mooth,reshushitation,Whits that ,a wee Voddie will help !! Nae borrer ,here ye go then.Dae ye think the table will stay still ,if ah nail it tae the flerr??.Aye right hen ,a wee Voddie wid help,here ye go.So hows the back then.Great!!! .Tell ye whit they back rubs are sure magic.Must try it oan ma athritic knee,whits it called again
August26
Jimmy:
I had to get a box of tissues for my eyes, Tommy had a real good laugh also, of course I had to read it to him, that has to be one of your better ones. laugh.gif Betty is probably in pain from laughing.

August
Melody
Poor Betty, she started wi a bad back and ended up wi a terrible hangover! laugh.gif
betty2
Tae hell wae the doactor, who needs wan when jimmyd is aboard, by god jimmy feelin better awready, haud oan a meenit see yi left a repeat prescription "wan large vodka tae be taken oan a regular basis" ahh well better follow dr. jimmy's instrucshins . Huv tae go noo time fur ma medicine rolleyes.gif
betty2
still here in glesca
Heather
Betty, I can sympathize with a bad back.
A few years ago I was on the sick for six weeks with the pain in my back and had to sit with 3 cushions at my back as I could not even lean back in a chair, every move was agony. It is no joke and I was also told the swimming would help, so stay with it and keep taking Jimmy's prescription.
I hope you feel better soon. sad.gif
carmella
Oh Jimmy
I love a wee massage - I was in stitches when I read that reply to Betty - awfie funny.

Wish your airms could stretch tae Ayr as well!
betty2
Well ah've heard o hands across the sea , but arms? if jimmy manages tae streech his as far as the eastend o glesca carmella ah'll certainly see he gets doon tae Ayr. Still takin the medicine as telt an its workin rolleyes.gif Hi heather am still swimmin wirg rge aid o the float
betty2

still here in glesca
August26
Heather:
You hope Betty is feeling better, after folowing the therapists instruction for pain, she's not feeling a thing laugh.gif

August
jimmyd
Right good tae hear the back is a lot better Betty,am going to hang up ma shingle ,if a kin see straight, tae hammer the nail in,.Dae you think I should word it, Massage and Spiritual Healing Therapist.???? biggrin.gif
Heather
Jimmy, you can also word it, " long arms and magic hands ", or " have arms will travel ".. laugh.gif

You gave us all a good laugh with your massage of Betty. I hope she gets better soon or she will end up an alcoholic using your prescription.
jimmyd
Noo!! Heather ,this talk of Alchoholism,worries me pet.Lets face it ,the GPs,of the world,tell ye don't drink,cause you will damage your liver.Don't smoke,cause you will damage your lungs,don't eat fat ,cause you will increase your cholestrol,don't this or that.It seems like we are not allowed to live. So if Betty's back feels better,due to a wee Voddie,so who give's a ,you know what.!!!! Life is too short!!!Hell am a preacher noo !!! am away tae hiv a wee drink
lol

biggrin.gif
Heather
Your right Jimmy, if we take all this adverse advice then life would not be worth living.

I am not a great sleeper and the Doctor does not believe in sleeping pills so she advised me to have a glass of my favourite tipple before bedtime. So each night I was having a vodka but after two weeks I stopped it as it did not help and I was beginning to feel like an alcoholic. laugh.gif
anne
Jimmy and all, this subject reminds me an old Country song........... There are more old drunks than there are old Doctors so I guess i'll have another round..... about the cigarettes I had to go and get a script from a Dr. and he wrote a note out and on it says...used to be a smoker !!!! I gave up 27 years ago. How long do I have to put up with this slur, Boo Hoo.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
Heather
Having one of my sleepless nights so decided to take the Doctor's advice and have one of my favourite tipples. I am now on my second vodka and maybe I'll feel sleepy soon because my head is spinning. Don't worry Betty I'm not rowdy in drink, I just usually start singing. wub.gif
If I fall asleep just let me lie here. This couch is nice and comfy and I think I'll just settle down for the night.
Catherine
Oh here...winters oan it's way here....baltic oot therr this mornin let me tell ye's!
We done the auld aboot turn oan the walk tae school this mornin an jumped intae the batmobile instead.
Cripes jist remembert that topic last year aboot lazy weans an lazy parents..jist incase he's readin this.... tongue.gif
Place is lookin good betty, ah kin smell yon medicine Jimmy's been rubbin oan yer back fae here,nae fear a sinus blockage, ma ears are poppin!!
Wherr is everybudy? Ahv no seen oor Marion since the big bash, anyone else? An wherrs Melody?
{Heather pit the boattle doon noo hen, ye don't waant tae sleep aw day} winkwinkywink
wee mags
Betty am stoppin by for a wee cuppa ,like mrs canada its gettin chilly here as well ,and as for that Marion I bet you shes still partying knowin her a bet, thats where she is biggrin.gif
am affae glad Jimmys we back rub worked on yir back hes some thing that wee man
Marion Dougan
Mags... ahhhmmm here...... aye a wis still partying. It wis a rerr terr, ma pal Christine drove doon fae Md and surprised me. Thank you all for the cards. I got tons o cards and lovely gifts, ahhm huvin another yin nixt year ha ha ha. Flooers aw oor the hoose.Aw the auld cds playin, it wis great. A wore ma TIARA hey I was Queen for a day. Hoose is oan the market, 27 in this community, it will take a while a bet, am away tae make dinner ta ta the noo
Catherine
Marion, yer hoose is beautiful...ah'll buy it pet if ye let me pay it up twenty dollars a week fur the next nine hunner an ninety nine years laugh.gif
Why ye sellin? It's gorgeous!!
Glad ye had a great birthday, ah did mean tae send ye a card an never got round tae it....but ah wis gaunni..the thoat counts sure it dis? xxxxx

betty...ah keep meanin to say did ye notice in the new chat that Martins put in the magnifyer so ye kin make it bigger..great advantage for ye. {telt ye ah thoat he fancied ye}winkywinkwink
Marion Dougan
Thanks Catherine, it is not big by US standards, bit too big fur jist me an Bob, wee t/house 'ill suit me jist fine. Don't worry aboot the kerd hen, Ria an wee Mags sent me 2 a piece ha ha ha
August26
Marion:
I have your card sitting on the kitchen counter, I guess it's too heavy for Tommy to carry to the Post Office, so I'll have to take it myself, better late than never wub.gif

August
Marion Dougan
Shame on Tommy, ana thought he loved me.... boo hoo sad.gif
Catherine
Him a postman an aw Marion..Cripes whit's the wurld comin tae laugh.gif
August26
Marion:
He has to take my mail to work, because if I miss out on $230.00 in rebates for this new puter, there'll be no living with me, so hold off buying a small house he might be a resident of NC, wink.gif
this is the man who still lives on the same street he grew up on, from #456 to #457 The Marines Corp and me saved him from a sheltered life, expanded his horizon.

August
betty2
Is this wee t/hoose gonny haud us aw fur wir big do next year???
ohmy.gif betty2 jistt checkin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.