Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
August26
Hey,
Who are you folks picking on ME, HUH, your all cruising for a bruising, you too Sis, never had a fight or argument in our lives, this might be the first, you didn't tell me you had seen the picture, top secret is that it, is Betty selling my son's picture? is that how she's paying for her swim lesson's, yep probably, so I'm going off to finish cooking my eggplant tongue.gif

August
Catherine
Hows that eggplant workin oot August? Ah smear mine wae some olive oil, sprinkle some garlic an sea salt then pepper it tae death....then slip oan the barbie fur five, vawaalla!! laugh.gif
Looks like thunders comin here, awfy dark ootside after a lovely day...apart fae the humidity...cripes dis nuthin fur ma herr this weather y'no!
Och jist noticed the time an aw...away tae get the Jakey boy fae school...be back soon...tra la la la la....
August26
Catherine:
I made 2 dozen eggplant rolitini, and a tray of eggplant parm, we had the rolitini for dinner tonight it was good, I must be part Italian ohmy.gif

August
Catherine
Ah never make it as a complete dish so tae speak, we huv it mare as part of the dinner...how dae ye make it an whit is it August ? laugh.gif
August26
OK Catherine, here we go...........................

3 eggplant (leave on counter to soften, maybe overnight)
2 lbs Ricotta cheese
2 lbs mozarella cheese( save half lb for eggplant parm)
grated romano cheese
garlic (either powder or the liquid )
Italian seasoning
basil
Tomato Sauce( or gravy as the Italians call it)

in large bowl grate mozarella (not fine), empty ricotta on top, add about 3 tbl romano, add 1tbl garlic, Italian seasoning, basil (these are estimates, I just throw so much in till it looks right, sorry)
mix real good, set in fridge,
in large pan (like a lasagne pan) cover bottom with sauce,
peel eggplant and slice thin for rolling, (you will cut off the curve on the sides and save) put a serving spoon size of mix on the wide side of the eggplant and roll, place on top of sauce, continue till all the large pieces have been rolled, pour more sauce on top,
bake 45 min 350 degrees farenheit

with leftover ends and any peices that you sliced too thin, in another pan, put a thin layer of sauce, top with the eggplant, sprinkle garlic powder, Italian seasoning, basil and the rest of the cheese, add sauce to cover, sprinkle with Romano cheese,
bake 45 min, 350 oven.

All of the above freeze great, when cool, I wrap in the white freezer wrap, for individual servings, then put in zip lock with the item name and date and freeze.

It's wonderful for those nights you dont feel like cooking both heat up great in microwave. biggrin.gif

Bon Apetit.

August

I have to tell you, Ria, Betty and Marion looked at it in my house and ate Lasagne, Joabyboaby was adventurious to try it, I can't remember if he liked it.
Catherine
August, sounds lovely...see when ye say leave them to soften overnight, wid that be fae buyin one that's hard or one that's near overipe..cos ah canne tell the difference wae eggplant laugh.gif
Let us know cos ah'll try that for sure.
August26
Catherine:
Try to purchase the eggplant on the soft side and long, not short, remember you have to roll them, also you don't tuck them in the sides like cabbage rolls, the ends are open, some of the cheese will melt out into the sauce, we have them over pasta, since we started the South Beach we only eat the whole grain pasta, delicious.

August
wee mags
noo youve got me ready tae cook some Jambot ,its an Italian dish made with the vegies you have grown in the garden like,Eggplant Zuchinie,summer squash [yellow,
you saute some onions and then the egplant and the two squashes,all together saute till they are soft ,then add fresh tomatoes cut up ,add a couple of potatoes,MMgood
Mikes Grandmother taught me how to make it its great on a winter night ,Oh by the way am feeling a wee bit better but going to the dr tomorrow to have the blidy back checked again its no improving ,
and Heather a kin join you wae the cap falling oot mine did the night ,thanks to all for your kind wishes I appreciate them ,noo aff tae bed ,Oh by the way ma new naem in this hoose is
" Queen of the bed" rolleyes.gif
August26
Now Queen of the bed:
Happy to see you are feeling better, you missed a lot, we've been to the crusade and back, now we're back to being homemakers again, chief cook and dishwashers, I will try that recipe Mags, looks good, and easy, but pray tell me what do you have with it, this weekend I'm making a pot of cabbage rolls, stock up the freezer, and we still have ruhbarb in the garden, eat your heart out Heather. tongue.gif

August
Marion Dougan
good to see you back Mags:)
August Bob did enjoy the eggplant at your house, the Lasagne was smashing, sorry we aw goat tore in an forgoat tae say Grace:) och it wis that Tommy passin the breed:) luv ya Darlin, here's a big slabbery kiss Tommy x
Heather
Hi Wee Mags glad to hear your are feeling a bit better.

When you go to the Doctor make sure he gives you a lot of pain killers because when you have to pay for a new Crown the cost of it will make you beat your head off a wall. laugh.gif
August26
Where's Betty,
Geez hope she hasn't drowned, either in the pool or with all the rain you are having over there, she better get back on here.......soon, the Red Hat Society was in our town today, Bunty where are you aslo.

August
Heather
Yes where is Betty. When I came in here the other day the place was a mess, I think she had a party and did not tell us. Maybe she won the lottery and is away living the high life, she would not do that, would she????????????????. laugh.gif
August26
I bet she would, (win the lottery and not tell us) either that or she's sailing up on Cape Cod with Gem, "whale watching" so Heather, you folks will have to do the cleaning, I'll make the coffe and tea, you bring the empire biscuits. biggrin.gif

August
Melody
Naw she wouldnae dae that wid she? No withoot tellin' us first and........................ then she'd be like a woman possessed.
But ah'd spot her in Markies, oh naw she'd be in the Merchant City shopping then, in that Italian Centre before you could say 'The Broons' laugh.gif ...A'h miss her dae you?
August26
Melody:
When you were MIA we put out a separate thread on you and sure enough you turned up, healthy, smiling and singing, do you think Betty wants another thread for herself, is she that greedy? I think maybe we should wait a few days, send Heather over to her home, then take it from there.

August
Heather
Who do you two think I am, Jessica Fletcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wub.gif
August26
Sis:
In that case you better call Donald Bain also, since he is her co-author, his Grandfather, George Sutherland came from Scotland, and in their novels he is a Scotland Yard Detective, I'm on book 7, The Highland Murders.
You have to find Betty, I can't even call her sister Gem, she's too busy Whale Watching on Cape Cod, she should be Betty watching in Baillieston rolleyes.gif

August
Catherine
Och oor betty will be aff entertainin the masses..she'll be back...busy wummin so she is, swimmin, shoapin, dinin oot..she's a better social calendar than betty the 2nd laugh.gif

Moan betty, wherr ur ye, we miss ye pet.
August26
HMM! I just thought maybe she's in the flying machine headed for Loobyloo's party, I think the machine runs slow, so she would need to leave now, but then Heather and Melody would be able to answer that, our social butterfly,
Well this working butterfly is off to bed, it's very early in the morning.

August
Melody
Betty, right you lassie whit time dae ye think this is? Get yersel hame right noo, ye've been oot every night this week! Ah'll Barraland ye when ye get in, a'h don't know, ye worry yersel sick aboot them and dae they care, not a sausage! Sound familiar?There'll be nae dancin' fur you next week lady! laugh.gif Talk tae her Jimmy!
Oh they words will be stuck in my heid forever!!
August26
Melody:
Maybe her swim lessons were so good she's off swimming the Channel, or maybe you and Heather should get yourselves over to her home and check on her, or here's another thought, maybe she got married and is off on her honeymoon rolleyes.gif

August
betty2
Naw am no swimmin the channel YET but I am swimmin now , done it last week for the first an ah couldnae get oan here tae tell yis clever me ehh biggrin.gif plenty o life in this dame still ha ha ha
betty2

swimmin like a fish
wee mags
Betty glad your okay wub.gif ,for a minute there I thought you had become a roadie wae that cute wee group fae Glesga ,I think their name is FRANZ FERNANDit was in the music post here about this bright young group from Glasgow Scotland ,then you went missing and efter yir antics, here I jist thought Maybe?????
betty2
Nae such luck mags that group are fae the gorbals, heard you wurnae well hope all is ok with you now. See Andy pisces is hitting glesca shortly need tae get a haud o melody an meet up wae him biggrin.gif dae yi think he'll want tae know me efter 5th june in conneticut, if yir lookin in Andy am aye oan ma best behaviour in my home town, BUT IF MARION ARRIVES? well thats anither story
betty2

still here in glesca
andypisces
Hello there Betty, of course i will get in touch,despite your behaviour at mags. After all i am bringing mags son and friend in my suitcase tae run interference for me.Will be in touch Betty and melody. will be in glasgow next wednesday till sunday....see you then sometime..........andra
August26
Oh boy, Andra is looking for a repeat of June 5th, wub.gif

August
Marion Dougan
yeah!! and he's gonna get it wink.gif
August26
Oh my goodness what is my sister going to think wub.gif

August
Marion Dougan
I spoke with Heather yesterday in the chat. We are looking forward to meeting in Glasgow. What does she think about what?????? I am staying at the Hilton so I can be handy for all that is going on. I do like a king size bed, more room. I couldn't get my card to take from over here, so I pm Melody and she offered to handle it for me. I am looking forward to dinner at Tiger Tiger , never been there. Think we are meeting Andr on Sat. well I will have a drink with him Friday, then we will all meet Sat. Sunday he and I are going for a walk roon the barras. A wee trip to Maryhill to see some friends of his, then he will be off roaming the countryside sad.gif wish I could go with him but I have too many people to see
betty2
Well marion daen it in style THE HYLTON nonetheless noo mind yir hat cos Andra might no recognise yi withoot it. Me an Melody will be waitin in the wings tae take ower wherr you leave aff rolleyes.gif ANDY YIR IN FUR A BUMPY TIME
August26
Hey Sis and Melody:
I can tell you from experience, you are in for one heck of a time, gee whiz I hope you don't get arrested, Marion and Betty together again, oh dear Lord. wink.gif

August
betty2
Nae kettle oan nae tunnocks tea cakes an nae melody is she away fur the weekend, holiday time here in glesca usual thing is tae nip doon tae Blackpool . Lots still dae that but it disnae appeal tae me noo (must be gettin auld), Got an invite tae visit family on the isle if wight turnin it ower in ma mind dunno? Mibby aye an mibby naw, nice place tho but a bit quiet .Wis at ma swimmin the night fairly comin oan at it cin dae 5 noo (no lenghts strokes)Met anither nice wee wummin fae shettleston wee gallus case great patter wants me tae go oot wae her some night. Ah seem tae pick up mair baggage than the handlers at glesca airport,Dont mean that in a bad way ,what I'm saying is that therr are a lot of lonely people looking for friendship and company an ah must huv wan o they faces that says "Ill be you're friend". Think ah wid enjoy her company ah like somebody that cin make me laff. Marion has that talent . Naebody showin up in here ah'll tidy up an lock the door g/night all

betty2
August26
Betty:
The truth is Marion makes you laugh, you make Marion laugh, and both of you together could make the world laugh. laugh.gif
August
Melody
Hi all, whit dae ye think ah've let masel in fur?? Och well a'hve been in Pitt Street before! laugh.gif Keep me posted!
betty2
Hud an emil fae the man himsel he gets here oan the 30th sept an he's goat ma phone no. (lucky him ah dont gie that oot willy nilly) so keep yir calendar free melody will be in touch. An we'll aw know when marion arrives theres a brass band welcomin her rolleyes.gif Did any o yis see that film MAME well thats the tune they'll be playin "We all rhink you're just sensational MARION"

betty2
Marion Dougan
Awwww jeeeeeeeeeeeez am aw embarrased. Guess where we're gawn Friday fur dinner.....The Buttery, a think near Anderson, near where there wis a bus station. It's a high falutin joint, goat tae watch ma p's an q's. Bit ye aw know me.... a kin turn it oan when a need tae. Av never herd o it so come oan guys ck it oot fur me. Better no werr ma red hat eh no........... I have a tailored pin stipe black pantsuit I will wear..... ma black PRADA bag, av nae PRADA shoes bit av goat Anne Klien so that'll dae, wint it?? Am soooo excited.... an a jist can't hide it, dah dah dah dah tongue.gif
August26
Marion:
You are too funny, I hope you can maintain your P's & Q's when they hand you the bill, you and Betty have to wear your red hats when you meet up with the others, is my sister planning on going to the mini meet, she has to see the hat, Tommy said shame on me not getting one for Mags, now he tells me almost 4 months later.
When do leave and when will you return?

August
Catherine
Off tae the cottage here guys, didnae get on the day so ahv missed a hunner posts...ma nose kin jist hing oot tae ah get back laugh.gif .....Everybudy have a brilliant weekend, hope tae catch ye afore ye go Looby, behave yersel noo!!
See ye's Sunday!!
betty2
Just got home from a very enjoyable night out , cath have a nice time at the cottage, an marion everything soartit here fur the 30th biggrin.gif
betty2
betty2
August
ah showed heather the photo's o the hats last time we met. noo wae this new herr do am no wearin a hat, an marion thanks fur the compliment first time ma wee hoose has been cawd THE HYLTON
betty2 biggrin.gif
August26
Wow, Marion's staying at "The Hylton At Betty's Place" and life will never be the same, I hope your neighbors are as nice as Wee Mags, but then again knowing Scottish neighbors they're liable to bring a bottle and join in the fun, I know you guys will have a great time.

August
Isobel
Hello Guys, thought I would pop in and let you know what has been going on.I have been looking after my sister who had surgery two weeks ago ,She has cancer, and has to get further surgery on Nov.2nd. Also her husband who had a hip replacement. However Not sure if I was missed, but I wont be around for some time. I leave on Monday for England. Some of you knew that my mother in law had a brain tumor. Jim and I were booked to go on the fifth of October .However things are moving very fast now. His mother was moved to a nursing home yesterday. It sounds more like a hospice to me. Anyway we decided to bring our trip forward. Don't know when I will be back. I will try and look in from the library from time to time. Don't forget me, and please say a wee prayer that we are able to handle all of this.Hope you all have a good time in Glasgow. You lucky fellow Andy, all these women to yourself. Well who know's Archie is known for his surprise trips. Maybe if there is enough in that wee tin you just might see him.
Marion Dougan
In the moddle o packing. Betty you know I am going into the Hilton downtown Glasgow. It is aw booked, efter that oan Monday a come tae you. We will meet you aw Sat. I will call you when I arrive Tuesday at my brothers ok. By thw way he thinks am gawn tae yoyur hoose oan the Friday, thank god he's workin so a kin phone a taxi cool.gif
jimmyd
Isobel,got your E mail pet,even though we know the inevitable,it is very hard to cope with the reality.My thoughts are with you and Jim at this time.Was in similar situation to Jim a number of years ago.Will pray for your sister,and Jims Mum
wub.gif
August26
Isobel,
Good luck to you and Jim, how stressful for you both, hang in there God gives you special strength to do what you have to do, we will keep your family in our prayers.

August
wee mags
Isobel I wish you and Jim a safe journey ,and the strength to face what lies ahead ,my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time
Melody
Thinking about you and yours Isobel, easy to say, but take your courage in both hands pal. God Bless.
August26
You folks are all chatting, did any of you notice that Betty is MIA again ohmy.gif

August
Melody
Wonder where Betty is right enough, a'h think a'h need a wee boost o somethin'. Any suggestions, and a'h mean something sensible like .......well if a'h knew a'h widnae be askin!! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.