Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Catherine
Gie ye's a laugh..
Wis doin a wee nosey yesterday lookin at new front doors.
Goes intae the shoap an they're aw six hunner plus.
Deflated ah starts tae look at the French doors an asks the guy "kin ye use them for ootside?"
"Naw" he says, "but did ye see this wan here..it's oan sale."
Ah near draapped when ah seen the price..136 dollars an the door wis a beauty!
How come it's so cheap? ah asked, slabberin at the mooth ah might add...could see it sittin oan ma door frame that day y'no..
'Cos it's oan sale' he says lookin at me as if ah wis thick.
"Well that's some sale" ah said, "whits wrang wae it cos aw they wans ower therr are ower six hunner"
He burst oot the laughin, his penny hud draapped but mine wis naewherr tae be fun
That's 136 for the hardware mam he laughed, the doors three thoosant, three hunner an therty seven dollars laugh.gif
Gemini
ah hear yi
Catherine did the same thing masel saw the prices and thoat mah front door's no looking sae bad efter awe laugh.gif
Catherine
Stuff it Ria, gaun oot furra pot a paint instead, decided ah'll jist hae a rid door noo laugh.gif
August26
Catherine:
A red door will look nice, very New Englander, so long as you don't put a red light above it. wub.gif

August
Melody
Aye, as a warnin' August.....All ye who enter here do so at your own risk, ye'll probably come back oot in hysterical laughter.
laugh.gif Hello Cath.
Melody
This wee place is awfy quiet these days, where's aw oor wee family away tae a'h wonder, poor wee hoose is gettin' neglected fur want o company! Saves me makin' the tea right enough! Mibbe they'll come back cause the night's are drawin in, an they'll want their tea and slippers in front o that auld roarin' fire. Ah;ll jist sit an have a wee read at the Sunday Post ( efter ah've cleaned oot they ashes) Mibbe they'll chap the door! sad.gif
jimmyd
To all my friends ,thank you for helping me through a most difficult time.Those Expats who have lost loved ones,at home will understand the sheer,pain that one goes through.I was on my own with no family, or friends around,so it was great ,to turn to you lovely people.God bless you all.
Isobel
Hi Jimmy, glad to have you back on board. Yes it is a comfort to come on here and know that your friends are thinking of you . My family are going through a difficult time right now and I find the board a great relaxing tool, I enjoy it very much.
Marion Dougan
Kettles bilin, where is everybudy? Hae a wee serch fur Betty's boatle, ........ fun it, ahind the toilet, hope nutin splattert oan it. Pit the trany oan radio clyde comin oan. Wee vodie in hawn. Rerr wee fire, cauld oot therr the night.....zzzzzz...........zzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzz
Marion, Marion wake up hen, aye, aye right am aw right, aw it's you Ria, jist hud a wee vodie, gled you came in, am starvin, let's git a fish supper, heds oot the door who walks in bit......
Isobel
Hey guys its me, make mine haddock and chips, nooo dont furget the tarter sauce eh! mibe a we onion on the side.
August26
I'll tell you where everyone is, I did the stairs before I went on vacation, all the others dirtied them and now the have to wash them, so they're all hiding, lazy bunch of friends mad.gif

August
Catherine
.. So whit's yer problem... laugh.gif
Isobel
Hey August a did the stairs last week and a also did the stair heed windae
August26
Isobel:
You did a very good job they look real nice, so now our lazy friends can come out of hiding, maybe we will make the tea, did you get the empire biscuits?

August

PS: the window looks good I can finally see out of it, how come only you and I clean the window?
jimmyd
See theres yer problem August ,goin on Vacation!!!!!,noo if ye had gone on hoaliday,as Glesga folk dae ,we wid hiv noticed the sterrs done.Made ye a we bottle of Voddie Betty hen,hope ye enjoy.Any orders for plonk,c'mon I can do them all. biggrin.gif
Gemini
noo let me tell yis ah did the hoovering waashed the claethes and the dishes broat in coal fur the fire thats Kaz's joab even did sum ironing noo ah waant tae sit doon pit mah feet up hae wee drink and huv sum fish'n'chips, noo dis onybody huv sum gossip tae tell well ah tell yis know who ah saw up at the pub naw Marion ah wisnae in the pub jist walked by and keeked in yi know, well ah saw????? wi oor ????? ci ye believe it rolleyes.gif
Melody
For Wee Mags, hope it cheers you up!

When first I saw wee Maggie's face
Richt heid ower heels in love I tumbled,
And thoucht the while she smiled on me
The Angels oot o' heaven were humbled.

When next we met 'twas early morn,
Her teeth were oot, her hair was shaggy;
She tried to smile, but oh! - Said I,
'Is't you, or is't your mither, Maggie?'

laugh.gif Get Well Soon xxx
Heather
Well I'm too tired to do any housework because I had the three g'children over night and I'm worn out.
Left the house with the two girls about 11-30am ( the g'son went to meet his Dad to go to Parkhead) to go to the swimming pool. The nearest pool to us closed down over a year ago for repairs so we have to go to Tollcross, that means we have to walk down to the Main St. get a bus to Wellshot Rd then walk what seems like a mile to the pool. We came out and got another bus to Parkhead Forge and went for a MacDonald's, we got home just after 4 o'clock.
So if someone makes the tea they can have a share of the doughnuts I bought in Greigs, yummy.

Hey Betty is there an easier way to get to Tollcross, and don't say take a taxi, that is what the g'children always say. laugh.gif
The only other way I can figure out, is to take a bus to Parkhead Cross then another one along Tollcross Rd, it cuts out that long walk.
August26
Hey Sis:
So much for your public transportation, do it my way, get a car, drive there, that's the easy way.
And don't anyone butt in on this, cause we're sisters and we will gang up on you so there tongue.gif

August

PS: Catherine did you hear me......................LOL
jimmyd
Buy a bike Heather!!!!!Kin jist see you, wi your wee green an white helmet,batterin doon Shettelston road,like a wee linty!! biggrin.gif
Heather
Sis, I have not had a car for many years now so if I bought one I would have to take a refresher course in driving. The cost of running a car here is too expensive I prefer to spend my money on other things.

Jimmy, if I got a bike it would have to have an engine on it or my old legs would get worn out pedalling, and a side car for the g'daughters. Could you just imagine me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just last week coming out of the local corner shop that is on a slope, I took the g'daughters scooter off her and scooted down the slope right into a relation of mine who was passing with her daughter, she was laughing her head off at me. I didn't care I enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the green & white crash helmet would be no bother as my son still has the one a friend got for him when Celtic won the European Cup. It has all the names of the Celtic players on it and the year they won the cup. smile.gif
Melody
Morning Archie, how's it gaun! laugh.gif
Heather
Yes how are you Archie. You have been very quiet recently, go on give us some of your patter. wink.gif
Heather
Oh dear it seems Wee Mags is not well. So we better get this place cleaned up for her coming back.
I see Betty has put a rota up and as it is her room she has appointed herself the supervisor.

If August did the stairs properly she would not always be made to clean them again. She is too busy rushing off to the ice skating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I've cleaned the kitchen and baked a nice pie for Wee Mags but that Yankee Mike is not to get any for being nasty. If he ever comes here we should all grab him and throw him in the Clyde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif
betty2
Oors is a happy hoose oors is, whits up wae wee mags ? melody get her a nice hoat toaddy that'll fix her nae end, Noo aboot the sterrs wance a week is fine as long as they're done right. Jimmyd you're needin a bit cheerin up so lets crack open a wee refreshment an huv a pairty. An heather never mind aboot no huvin a caur the buses run regular by here . Huvnae been oan much lately loat o stuff goin oan wae me at the mo. bizzy lizzie thats me rolleyes.gif

betty2

still here in glesca
August26
Let me tell you folks Heather hasn't changed a bit, there she is nagging again, I did the stairs right! it was all you slobs who didn't wipe your feet, you know with all that rain, geez I think I need a drink.
Heather & Melody did you make the Funnell Cakes, bring some over, I'll make the coffee aaaaaaaaand tea for you guys. ohmy.gif

August
Gemini
how cum when ah dae wurk in here naebudy says ah did a fine joab, hud the place sparkling the other day and naebudy even chapped the door, feeling left oot an no waanted. Talked wi wee mags and she is really feeling doon an oot puir wee soul felt awfy bad fur her, sum kinda bug goat tae her telt her jist yoo stey in bed hen we'll dae awe the work and if yoo need onything jist ring the bell by yoor bed sumbody'll answer it unsure.gif
Melody
smile.gif Ria ma pal, did a'h ignore you? I'm so sorry, a'h know your always sorting this wee house up God love ye! See that's whit happens they jist take ye fur granted, that's how a'h ended up sittin' in here amongst the ashes waitin' for Buttons. But see when oor fairy Godmother comes we'll be away tae the dancin'!! In fact we might be away wi Prince Charmin' an a fireman.
Heather
A fireman again is it, good grief Melody, can you not keep your hands of they poor firemen. Well if you want one then if you set the lum on fire you'll have them rushing out to help, maybe if you act the helpless female they will even give you a fireman lift. rolleyes.gif ............and if you do set the lum on fire I'm not cleaning up, have you ever seen the mess that soot makes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ria I think you and I should get out of here and leave Melody to dream on.
Melody
Never you mind Melody Dreamin' On, Heather. I'm no past it yet!! laugh.gif
August26
Melody:
I have to send you a picture of the Woodbridge Fireman, though your husband might object, I do have a Fire Company address book for you, if I send it to:
Melody Of The Glasgow Guide
Glasgow
Scotland
do you think it will arrive in your mailbox?????????????????

Ria, I know how much work you did at Betty's which is the reason your taking a nice vacation up to Cape Cod, bring home some of those nice Cape Cod candles, and please don't wear your red hat and don't forget to stop at Wee Mags on you way up 95, throw Yankee Mike in the Long Island Sound, we won't tell on you, Have a wonderful time. rolleyes.gif

August
Melody
Sadly a'h don't think I'm that famous August, don't worry aboot ma husband he knows a'hm daft! laugh.gif I'll pm you my address.Thanks a lot I really appreciate that kindness.
Heather
Hey Sis, put the picture of the fireman and the two dolly birds on this thread then we can all see it.

Well Melody, you might not be past it, but with all the 999 calls you keep making and yelling fire the poor firemen are worn out. laugh.gif
August26
Sis:
Who are the two dolly birds, are you referring to Gwen & Katie, we used to call them the dolly girls, now they said we have to call them the princesses since they are all grown up at 10 & 7 years, sorry I need Ross to tell me how to put the pictures on here, you saw the picture of the Fireman, similar to what Rose has, they get a picture taken every year right before the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

I sure hope your not calling Tommy and David dolly birds, as David would say, Aunt Barbara your trying to cause an international incident, this time you can't chase him with the broom, your too far away. tongue.gif

August
August26
Hey everybody:
Did you read above where Melody said she would PM me her address, she did PM me BUT she didn't include her address.
HEE HEE HEE laugh.gif
I can't stop laughing, right Melody your not crazy at all!

August
Catherine
laugh.gif ...August, ahv been pals wae the wummin ower three year, she disnae gie ONYBUDY her address....Ah think she might jist be Royalty right enuf..lives in the Palace an disnae let oan y'no!
August26
Thanks Catherine:
I'll just send the address book to The People's Palace laugh.gif

August
Melody
Usually people just put Melody c.o. Wonderland!! laugh.gif

I'll give you an even better laugh, what I actually did was wrote out my name and address on a pm with a wee note and sent it to you.............I thought..............but I sent it back to masel!!

Then I thought I'd done it again to you this time, and forgot the address!

I think this is a sign of things to come!! and it's only Wednesday!

Anyhow ye didnae need tae tell everybody did ye. (smillie)
Don't you dare send ma book tae the Peoples Palace, much as a love them in there, they'll no appreciate the firemen like a'h do!
Melody
hi ya Mags, hope yer feeling a lot better, great to see you on. See that lot above makin' a fool o me! laugh.gif
wee mags
I took a daft turn and decided to see whit was going on here,well all sorts of malarky by the looks of things ,jeese noo there off tae the crusades ,and awe that stufff ,sorry a cannae come yet ,but in the next couple of days I will get back in line again ,and as for you lot leave Melody alain ,cause when a get better yae awe better look oot tongue.gif
Marion Dougan
August you are a wee silly...... Betty and myself are the dolly birds..... taken with your son in your dining room.
leeninaus
omg Am I really alone here ?
What has happened to the old GG ?
Topics of Political & General assent ?????
Literature. that of Scottish & English maybe Welsh even
We are surely as one ??????????????
Should we not re-unm
nite ??
Catherine
Leen this is betty's "in Masel"...folks always come in here tae blether pet, masel included, an you an aw.

It's no fair to expect others if it's no their fortay to go intae politics or litrature or whitever. Ah'll happily post in aw these topics wae an input, but frankly ah cannae start them cos ah don't know enough about them to be articulate enough to start them.

Oan ye go an start some topics, ah kin only speak for masel in sayin ah'll try to keep up wae whit ye post, but ye cannae blame those that are happy wae whit they're doin.
At least they're postin.
Naebudy is stoppin anyone else fae postin.
The more the merrier, so oan ye go, you're no postin enuf the noo either and we miss yer input.
Kin ah jist say don't go tooo big brain oan me pet....ye no ah'll get it aw wrang, jist gies a simple topic tae start wae laugh.gif
August26
Melody:
I'm glad to see I'm not the one losing it here, but I won't pick on you, Mags lives 70 miles north of me, so I won't take my chances, I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for her. cool.gif

Ok Marion,
Your the dolly girls, was that picture on the GG, I never saw it, I'm so happy to hear Tommy and David were'nt being called dolly birds.

Mags:
Can we redeem ourselves from picking on Melody, BY, throwing Mike in the Long Island Sound, before we go on our Crusade, and since we will be travelling by land Melody is joining us, those of us on this side of the pond will start out in a row boat and sail up the Clyde, I hope someone has dinner ready for us.
Mags, tell Mike Tommy is reading the story of Chesty Puller.

August
Marion Dougan
Catherine... Weans is a giud topic fur ye!!!!! Jist kiddin hen, you keep up wie the best o them oan ony topic... clever wee lassie so ye ur biggrin.gif

Especially whin ye read aw the junk that August posts aboot Loobloo, god bless her, whoever she is:)

Aye even LOOBYLOO HA HA HA
Catherine
Thanks Marion....Ah love a wee high hoarse noo an again, keeps the auld tippytoes gaun laugh.gif
God Bless us aw , we need aw the help we kin get right!!
Gemini
hey Melody thanks hem fur siding wi me, ah cin see sumbody notices when ah dae cleaning, so lets u and I chuck this lot an go gallivanting sumwhere mibbee you waant tae go oan this whale watch we'll huv a whale of a time laugh.gif
Melody
Oh aye Ria, wit dae a huv tae dae? Dae ye get a wetsuit?
Heather
Sis, get your head straight. The picture is not on the Boards, I'm asking you to put it on. Betty showed me the picture with herself Marion & David.

Melody, we don't need to row up the Clyde we'll just get the flying machine out and we'll take the high road and they'll take the wet road and we'll be in Scotland afore them. laugh.gif

Just think of the fun we could have dropping water bombs on their wee rowing boat, or is that what August would call an "International Incident".
Marion Dougan
I didn't see the pic. either Heather. I just knew we were the DOLLY BIRDS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.