Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jimmyd
Hullo ! Pals,back from rainy Adelaide,Brenda !!!,it will never ever be known as the driest State in the driest Continent again !!! More like a dreech fair fortnight ,ah can tell you!! lol. Seriousely ,had a great time wi the grandies ,watching soccer and netball,both are stars in their respective sports,not at all like their Granda . So Betty whits wi the swimming? ,I am going to do water Aerobics next week.No that I like it ,but hell that instructor,in the bikini,hell whit auld man could resist. biggrin.gif
betty2
Hullo himmyd welcome back , joined the Tollcross leisure centre thirsday night is ladies ni an ah dae plod aboot in the poolght , canny swim jimmy findin the aerobics a bit strenuous but lovin the sauna an the jacuzzi but ah dae plod aboot in the pool kiddin masel oan , gettin plenty offers oan swimmin lessons mibby mibby mibby wan day mibby rolleyes.gif
betty2
still here in glesca
Isobel
You know Betty its never to late. My wee friend was 50 and decided to take adult lessons, she is now swimming,
jimmyd
Aw God help her Isobel,bet the instructor is some Spunk!!!!! ,as the kids in Aussie say.Good on her though,I went to a climbing gym recently,have had this fear of heights for years.What a buzz!! mind you was ,belted in ,so even if I fell ,no probs !!! biggrin.gif
betty2
Well back tae tollx the night again even if ah dont swim the company is great a crowd o wimmen aw blendin the gither, whit could be better. Tho we're aw strangers we get oan like a hoose oan fire rolleyes.gif Y/no the patter is a loat like oan here , we aw blether away aboot oor younger days an wherr we worked , danced an the styles we wore.
betty2

still here in glesca
Marion Dougan
Glad you are enjoying the baths Betty. We are heading to the beach tomorrow morning, just popped in for a cuppa, no one home boo hoo. I'll wash the cups, somebody was here, probably that Ria wan, think's cause she's Betty's sister she disnae need tae dae the dishes. So am away tae find her boatle o Baileys tongue.gif teach her a thing or two. Och a wish this wis us leaving fur Mags the morra, it went in too fast. Oh therr's a wee moose, that's Grace leavin aw they crumbs aboot, am ofski, see ye efter
Isobel
Good god Jimmy. How high did you climb. Good on you as they say. It sure would'na be me,No to fond of heights myself
August26
Jimmy:
How high did you climb? heights never used to bother me, top of Empire State Building, peice of cake, looking straight down at all the midget people and cars, a couple of years ago, on a double decker bus, looking down, oh good Lord, get me outa here, Mount Washington in New Hampshire the same way, after we reached the top, my head covered with my sweater, I worried about going down, so Jimmy how high did you climb???????? wink.gif

August
Melody
Well where is everybody? Ah don't know ....ye come back fae ye holidays an no a soul tae welcome ye hame! Whit have ye's been up tae in ma absence, ah hope there's been nae drunken parties in here! Place looks nice an tidy right enough, bet they never thought tae leave me an ootsider ur a wee drap o milk! Noo there''ll be trouble, see ye canny turn yer back fur a minute an they aw dae whit they like! laugh.gif Right how's thing then?
August26
Melody:
If you check "On Topic Discussion" you will see that you have been missed, besides my sister Heather isn't the same without you, you bring out the comedian in each other, so Melody "WELCOME HOME" biggrin.gif

August
Isobel
Oh Melody things are great now that you are back. We all misssed you .Take a look in the biscuit tin .A left you a wee empire biscuit.You get the kettle on and I'll be right there for a wee cuppa. Dying to hear all about your hol's.
August26
Melody:
Don't eat the empire biscuit, Betty is saving it for me, and by the way also make a pot of coffee, I'll be there shortly wink.gif

August
Mary Doll
Hello, the hoose! It's a lovely sunny Setterday, and I woke up this morning thinking we should set up the BBQ! My contribution is my own speciality home made Polkemmet burgers and Balbardie Blaze burgers - ya'll love 'em. August, Isobel we're definitely needing sausages and burger buns. Melody just came back from holiday in time - she can get out her Karaoke machine. Nice garden, Betty, but the grass needs a wee cut. Marion's surely coming - I'll gie her a 'phone and she'll come early and cut it for us. Right, Well thats the BBQ cleaned oot, ready for action. Wait a meenit, nae charcoal - Ah'll away doon tae Aldis and get a bag - firelighters as well. Nae lighter fluid, mind, too bliddy dangerous for anybody wi' their herr back combed. Wi'a' that herrspray, it'll no be the Red Hat but the Red Heid Society! Mind yer sunglesses. cool.gif
Melody
Right gie me the goss then, whits happenin' ? Is Esther Williams still in the pool? Is Archie Millar ever gonny go back tae the store?
Nothin happenin'? I'll need tae have a wee look in Keyboard Lane and see if anybudy's up the street. Anybudy want a stock o rock? laugh.gif
Isobel
Melody thats awful good o you to bring us aw a wee stock o rock. Dis the rock still huv the name running through it.
Melody
Aye Isobel, it must get awfy tired oot by the time it reaches the other end laugh.gif Ah don't know why we buy it now... force of habit!! Catch....did ye get it?
jimmyd
Noo it seems tae me,we have been through this before!!! is it a Stalk a Rock, or a Stock a Rock ??? that is the question!!.Regardless it is great,I can smell the salt o' the sea ,when I think about the rock,we used tae sook tae a point,and then crunch it.
Right I have a box of Tunnocks Caramel Wafers ,so lets get the tea on and get stuck intae them biggrin.gif
Melody
Jimmy ah'll put the kettle oan an you fix the cups, or ur we bein' posh? Dae we need saucers? Where is everybody? Tea's up!
Archie Millar
Hullo Boss!
So's yir back? Did youse hiv a good,time in Cornwall? I like it doon there-can get there in about 2hrs but I widdnae go at this time,too busy did you go to the "Eden Project"? gets busy there too, best time is early morning before the buses arrive.
Anyway the store wull be open fur business on Monday so I'll be coon the dunny sortin' oot the the bloody pens an' paper again wub.gif
Melody
It's yersel Archie, aye it was great as always, no we never seem to make the Eden Project although we have been in Cornwall many times, I love the area there too. Padstow is beautiful I liked it better than Polperro although they are both lovely as you will know. Weather was not so good this time, but we enjoyed it all just the same. We'll have to open the shop up again right enough get this lazy lot workin' for their money Archie. Tell Norah tae get yer uniform washed fur Monday mornin'! laugh.gif
Scotty
Hi Melody
Did you have a great Holiday we had a lovely 8 days in Scotland went to Irvine Helensburgh Troon Loch Lomand Luss and to Largs for Nardinas ice cream it was to die for we had good Weather which helped hope you did also

Joan
wub.gif
Melody
Hi ya Joan, I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves up here, and that the weather was kind to you, our weather was not great but still able to enjoy everything. It's a great day here today sunshine wall to wall. The holidays are over so quickly sure they are!
August26
Marydoll:
Be a good Scot don't buy firelighters, you know all those little pieces of leftover candles, well, chop them up, put about 3 tablespoons in a piece of wax paper, wrap it up, flare the top and store, I put them in a coffe can, save them till we take the grandchildren camping, great fire starters, also for a camp fire, old girl scout trick, and actually we taught the boy scouts how to do it. biggrin.gif

This message is for all of you folks in Canada, would you PLEASE take your Canadian air back, yesterday it was 60 here in the morning, the Weatherman said it was coming down from Canada, this morning it was 56, now at noon it's only 66, we might have to put giant fans along the border, and send your cold air right back, we had to turn off the air conditioner last night it was so cold, now I'm going down the shore on the 15th for three weeks, if it gets cold down there, from your air, then I will have to come up there and sing to all of you, and Heather can tell you that's a real punishment.

August
betty2
Welcome Hame pal ah missed yi wis postin like mad lookin fur yi even sent yi a email, aye am still at the "swimmin" every thursday an still luvin it , and ah must add huvnae mastered the art o swimmin yet biggrin.gif but ah'll get therr
bet
still here in glesca
August26
Now Betty:
We know your there for the fun with your new friends, so don't worry there's no need to learn to swim, and if anyone asks you just tell them MYOB wink.gif

August
Melody
Absolutely August, Betty or should I say Esther, will enjoy it just the same especially aw they quick changes of swimming suits. I'm ready for my close up now Mr De Mille. laugh.gif I can see her now!
betty2
I might no be learnin tae swim but ah'm learnin a lot about life , the stories yi hear whilst lollin in a jacuzzi rolleyes.gif
betty2 still here in glesca
Melody
Remember that wee song......"And her bathing suit never got wet ":lol:

Right dish the dirt Betty!
Isobel
hey Melody thats good rock.Got a wee bit broken when you threw it,but boy it still tastes good.
wee mags
Melody A didnae like the peppermint Rock dae yae hiv any rhubarb wan ?thats ma fav wink.gif Betty gled tae see yur keeping fit for next year ,noo a hiv tae start ma diet
Melody
See it's better Isobel if ye break it first, look whit happened tae Heather's tooth!! Dae ye know she left her tooth at the Trevi Fountain!! Imagine, ... an she never even had a stalk o ma rock!
Jimmyd says it's no stock it's stalk, whit dae ye think?
August26
Melody;
I thought you were a teacher? you have to get into Miss Jessiemacs class, she might do a vocabulary class.
stock, as in supplies (can't think of another explanation LOL)
stalk, like a stem, or a stalk of ruhbarb, bean stalk, so you see Jimmy is right, one up for Jimmy, go to the top of the class. biggrin.gif

Melody I like Edinburgh Rock, so could you toss me some across the pond, as for Betty's bathing suit.......................it is an itzy bitzy teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini, so in the jacuzzi she wanted to stay

August
Isobel
Melody, stock or stalk its aw the same to me. It tasted great, biggrin.gif
August26
Isobel:
I'll wait till Melody throws my rock across the pond, then I will savor it, oh my goodness I can almost taste it....................your making my mouth water dry.gif

August
Melody
August, it's Glaswegian we make it up as we go alang, ye know that!! laugh.gif Probably stalk as in stick but it could be stock as in rock!! Mixed up? Aye, so am ah! Oh it's great being fae Glesga sure it is!
August26
Melody:
With all this talk of rock candy, do you think my sister will take a trip to Edinburgh and buy some for me, boy is my mouth watering, remember the puff candy, we used to get chunks of it, that was so good, and here I am on the South Beach diet dry.gif do they make it sugar free?

August
Barbara
August,

That South Beach Diet is fantastic. Both hubby and daughter lost 40 pounds each on that one. I tried it too, but after 2 weeks was very ill. So I do my low fat and watch my family eat nuts and cheese and they salvitate when I chow down on bread. About the ony thing we can all eat for dinner is salads..........lol

I think the South Beach makes alot of sense and have seen my hubbies health improve ten fold. Alot of his aches and pains went away along with his tummy!!!

Good luck to you!!!!!
August26
Barbara:
Oh I agree with you, I feel so much better, so does my husband, yes we eat lots of salads, but we always did, potatoes or pasta were a staple with every meal, and of course bread, since I cut out these foods I'm realizing I have more food allergies, I was always bothered with sinus infections, going from one medication to another, and to the doctors for something stronger, back in June we went to a wedding, I ate the appetizers, made with white flour, avoided the dinner rolls, the next day what a sinus headache, wow, so then to a writing pad, what did I eat that I haven't been eating, we narrowed it down to the white flour, so about a week later, I tried white bread, yep that was it, my blood pressure is now 100/60 I have to go for a cholestrol count but I'm not dreading it like before, we now eat whole wheat whole grain pasta, expensive yes, but you don't need as much of it to fill you, yes we snack on the nuts and low fat cheeses, some of our salads are a meal in themselves.

August
betty2
Best of luck ladies with the diets , something I never could stick to ohmy.gif I just eat what I enjoy but less of it. Have to watch tho I suffer from having too much acid , an naw its no in ma tongue ha ha . Noo the bikine is anither no no I wear a tankini as well as the one piece suits Very modest betty thats me. Is therr ony empire biscuits left in here could ferr go wan
betty2

still here in glesca
Heather
You know Melody I might have been better eating your rock at least I could have blamed that, but eating a pizza, and it breaks your tooth, good grief. I walked out the pizzeria and left the pizza and wine lying on the table with my broken tooth on the plate.

I am still getting kidded about it. I was standing at the gate yesterday when one of my neighbours passed by who was also on the Pilgrimage and asked me how my tooth was, he started laughing at me because I was mumbling through closed lips. The next thing the two of us were laughing our heads off, me with my hand over my mouth of course, I told him I threw it in the Trevi with my coins. laugh.gif
Melody
Ach poor Heather, yer a wee soul. Nothing worse than the loss of a tooth to make one loose one's self confidence! Anything else ye can kind of hide, but yer stuck wi a toothless grin, it's no fair hen, the thing is ye can still sing....and laugh as long as naebudy sees ye! laugh.gif Dae ye know ah don't mind anything much in the dentist except the thought of a tooth being pulled out, although it's not sore makes me want to cry, seriously it does something sad about it.
betty2
sad.gif wherr's ma rock
Melody
Noo Esther you canny be eatin' rock...remember Mr De Mille will no like it in yer closeups laugh.gif
August26
Heather:
Are you getting a new tooth fr Christmas biggrin.gif

Betty, I haven't had acid indigestion since I started this diet, the diet is the reason we didn't eat the lasagne when you were here for dinner, Tommy and I had eggplant rolitini, Bob tried it, but he didn't say if he liked it, actually he was very quiet, maybe he was affected by that Italian dish.

August
Heather
It has been a lovely warm dry weekend until a half hour ago, now the rain is stoating of the streets. I'll just sit here and have a wee drink till it stops. I could be sitting here all night.
Betty what do you have for breakfast, I'll make it and clear up afterwards as long as there is enough for me.

I had the sprinkler going all day yesterday in the back & front garden so the grass would not get dried out, I could have saved myself the bother. sad.gif

August will be laughing her head off now because when she was trying to get me on the IM I was downstairs puting the hose away and I had left the puter on.
Isobel
well guys anybody home.Been working in my wee back yard aw day . Jist fair exausted.This year we lifted aw the grass and put in a big patio and made the rest all tree's and shrubs. Must say its starting to look pretty good. Getting a gate put in on the back fence along with five other neighbours. That way we can walk right through to the park.May be next year i'll be able to sit back and enjoy it.God Betty is there any rum left? A could sure do way a wee one. Ok, ok. i'm no gona leave the glass in the sink .A promise ill wash it up and put it away before a leave. Where is Catherine has she no been in the day.? Dont want her to be talking about me.
August26
Hey Sis:
Boy oh boy do you know me, I was laughing my head off, when I read it was raining, I spoke with David this morning, he was complaining about the weather, I told him it was hotter in Scotland, and that you had to water your lawn, he didn't believe me.

Betty: Last night we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, oh I had a nice drink, Banana & Strawberry Margarita, I think that's how you spell it, it was soooooooooo good, I don't know what kind of alcohol is in it but I'm sure someone on here will tell me, my son makes them with salt around the edge, that I don't like, so I will make a batch and leave it in your fridge, so all will have a drink when they stop by, I'm sure they will wash the glasses. wink.gif

August
betty2
Thunder an lightnin an rain rain rain here the day an ah've tae go tae gartnavel fur ma eye check up at three this afternoon, dont like this weather feart fae it, but ah'll need tae go if ah cancel it'll be months afore ah get anither appointment, Tidy up fur me somebody pleeze am feelin a bit edgy the day an this weather's no helpin me huh.gif
betty2

still here in glesca
anne
Hi Betty2, I used to have toooo much acid that it made me so ill but I was put on a pill called Zantac but that's here in Oz but the main name is Ranitidine and I take one every morning and have had no acid since being on them, lots of my friends are on them as well.
Weather great here....

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
betty2
Hi anne #
Tried zantac but didnae help am now on nexium helps a bit but I still have bad attacks , I think that if I'm very careful about what I eat this helps, but ah canny eat aw the things ah enjoy most . Such is life ohmy.gif
betty2
still here in glesca

ps envy you the weather
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.