Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jimmyd
Hi guys,hereI am in Adelaide,visiting with my son and his wife.The wee grandies are ,great ,went to see him playing Soccer ,and her playing Netball on Saturday,och it makes ye feel so proud,she is an amazing player,he is so, so, but hey I love em to bits.Will catch up with you all in a couple of weeks !! biggrin.gif Miss you all
Isobel
Hi Jimmy ,
Enjoy your wee visit and take lot of pictures of the grand kids wont you
tammy
Isobel, I saved you a space special in my suitcase. I'll squeeze you in. Only one more sleep! biggrin.gif
tammy
hey where did everyone go? Well,I guess since nobody's here, I better get back to my ironing and packing!
Isobel
Well Tammy jist incase a dont get to your place in time to get that we space, sad.gif you have a ball to yourself. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy. Talk to you soon.
betty2
Well its that time o year when everyone is packin cases an goin off somewherr , so things are gonny be quiet in here for the next few weeks , melody's in cornwall tammy by noo should be in oor dear green city, jimmyd is still visitin wae the g/weans an heather is in rome, catherine is entertainin her sister and family. So here ah um INMASEL again sad.gif
betty2

still here in glesca
August26
Oh Betty:
Your not alone, I'm here, Ria is still at home also, yes Heather is in Rome having tea with the Pope and hopefully praying for us, in fact knowing my sister, for sure she's praying for all us, so Betty go over to the sing-a-long and belt out some of those great songs you know, I'll get the drinks, your choice a glass of vodka with a shot of coke, would you like some cheese and crackers with that drink? biggrin.gif

August
wee mags
hoi betty am alone here nae buddy jist the yank and hes too busy daing his good deeds ,and am daing the ironing ,come on over for a wee holiday yae cin stay wae us wink.gif
Isobel
Hi guys its quiet around the hoose the night , a think Betty must have gone to her bed early . Catherine is busy she was telling me her wee neice is feeling better and they are all going to the cottage next week. Just hope the weather picks up for her . We have had a lot of rain these past few days.
betty2
Aw its lonely in here withoot the troops , wee mags an isobel huv been the only wans tae pop in tae say hello. Wunner wherr melody pit the remote fur the telly . Thats how bad it is am even thinkin aboot watchin telly sad.gif

betty2

still here in glesca
Isobel
Hey Betty a jist wish a could stay and chat , mibe jist got time for a wee cuppa. That bloddy man o mine his me carrying stones round the back o the hoose. He is building stairs up the side . we huv quite a big slope at the one side and awfa hard to get up and doon. But gees a feel like a donkey the day. Remember ta put sugar is a hate it withoot.
Gallusbisom
Hi guys, jist peekin in fur a meenit, whit wae ma 1st. family decidin oan this year's coorses an the new family tryin tae sort oot whit tae take in high school an the relies fae England, (husband's-oan his mithers side he's a McDowell/MacPherson) am rinnin aboot like a doo wantin a heid. Never mind whin a need a good splash o comman sense, I try tae read the boards, helps keep you oan track, ye know. Next time ah'll at least bring some tea bread, fond of a Paris bun masel, and some Empire biscuits, didnae hae time the day tae get tae the bakers, ah'll try an dae better next time. My, though, the place is sparklin Betty, nowt tae be done the noo. G.B.
Catherine
Ahm daen a quick pop in an oot an aw betty....
Ahv the two teenagers, nine year auld an ma two....attitudes are hingin!! Love it though, huvin some laugh even if am like burly broon here laugh.gif
Absolutely meltin here the noo, musics blerin oot the back an they're in therr glory, two big boattles a milk tryin tae get a suntan.
The three wee wans jumpin in an oot sprinklers, ahv waater fae wan end of ma flerrs tae the ither. Takin Lauren an Johnny doon tae the Beach area the night an we'll sit in a cafe an listen tae jazz...course ahd tae promise them therrs ither kinda music there too...fussy gets teenagers, ah wis never like that! guffawguffawguffaw.
AmazingGrace
Hi Betty just popped in a minute because I canny sleep, Steffy has now gone into labour, her waters broke at tea time and now she is having pains so i think it maybe a long night but i am going to cuddle up in bed with Richard and wait for the phone to ring. So have a wee dram for me and I will be back in the morning with some news I hope, till then Niteynite wub.gif
Isobel
you know what Betty am more in need of a rum and coke right now , so jist forget the tea. Ma back is killing and ma poor nails are non exsistant. And the god damm pathway is still no finished. Jist going fur a hot bath then into bed. Jim says I'll come and massage your back Isobel. A said aw naw you dont, so good night ta you all see you the morra
Isobel
Oh gee's nabody home again .Hey Betty that fitness club is fare keeping you busy. Oh well a did a wee tity roon while a wis waiting fur you . Hope you dont mind a took the last empire biscuit, you know how that 's ma favourite .
August26
Isobel:
YOU DID WHAT! ate the last empire biscuit ? did you share it with anyone? I'm drooling thinking of it, I think Betty is having too much fun, she either found a nice man for herself, or she's singing to all her friends, I can tell you with the amount of songs she knows, she might never return to GG sad.gif

August
Springburnlass
Hi everyone,
I`ve not had time to read through all the posts, (probably take me forever anyway) but I thought I`d say a quick hello to you all. wink.gif
Isobel
Welcome Springburnlass. Mind and take your shoes off Betty is awful fussy aboot her clean carpets. Pull up a wee chair and huv a wee chat way us. Next time tell us a wee bit aboot yourself.
August a would love to huve shared my wee bicci but there wis nabody in. A think you must be right aboot that Betty.Either that her grandson got rid of her fur cleaning his room.He He. You and I know the trouble that kin cause.Another hot and humid day here , its seven o'clock and the sun is still shinning and so dam hot. Time for a wee rum and a bit of relaxation in the back deck.
Springburnlass
Hi Isobel,
Thanks for the welcome. I`m relatively new to this chit-chatting on-line. I`ve lived in Glasgow all my life, married with three daughters, aged 18, 15 & 4. I`m a mature (almost geriatric lol.) student nurse, just about to start second year of my degree course. I`ve worked at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary as an auxiliary nurse for twelve years. Born in Springburn, Auchinloch Street, never moved away from the North of the city.
August26
Welcome Springburnlass:
My Godmother lives on Ashgill Rd, we were there a few years ago, had a nice visit, after you take your shoes off at Betty's house give her the bottle of vodka you brought, I guarantee she will sing you a few songs, quite a few at that, did you bring the coke to go with the vodka? when your at the Royal check and see how my apendix are doing, they took them out quite a few years ago, Christmas in the hospital, sure was fun.

Now Isobel, I was here, I heard you eating that empire biscuit, like my Aunt used to say to her son, I can hear you swallying(is that how you spell it) so don't try to fool me.

It's very humid down here also, I go from work (where the air conditioning broke down last Tuesday) to the air conditioned car, to the air conditioned house, I can't stand the humidity, my husband told me not to drink so much water apparently it flushes the electrolytes out of your system, now he has me drinking 2 glasses of gatorade every day, I hate that stuff, but had to admit to him that I did feel better. rolleyes.gif

August
betty2
Busy wee hoose since ah last looked in , so firstly WELCOME tae springburnlass you'll enjoy the patter in here wance they aw get back fae therr holidays , a great lot , but you'll huv tae take yir turn o the sterrs thats a rule an its the only wan biggrin.gif , amszingrace whits the update oan the birth?, an august an isobel hullo guess whit Lee goat accepted fur the apprenticeship he stars oan the 2nd august aw am that proud o ma boy. Well ah've hud a quiet weekend but am makin up fur it the night gawn tae the club . Gallusbisom yir a wee darlin hoose is sparklin , cheers tae wan an aw
betty2

stillhere in glesca
August26
Betty:
Welcome home to GG, wonderful news about Lee I bet he's as thrilled as you are, good luck to him.
Did you enjoy your vist with Springburnlass, I told her to bring you vodka and coke so I hope you two had a nice sing a long, I'm sure you did, so now I'm waiting for my sister to get home from having tea with the Pope, can't wait to hear about her visit, and of course Melody, where did she go for vacation? I should probably start checking the Fire Departments ohmy.gif

August
Isobel
bETTY JIST RUSHING THROUGH THE NIGHT ,FANTASTIC NEWS ABOUT LEE, NA WONDER YOUR SO PROUD.
Archie Millar
A still says a' youse wuman only come in here fur a gargle ---bloody empty vodka bottles under sink an' the bins fu' up, but a never see any o' youse bringin' in ful wans!!!
betty2
August melody is in cornwall , an archie you know yir aye welcome tae oor wee swally's lts jist a case o bein in the right place (here) at the right time canny wait tae hear how heather got on
betty2
still here in glesca
August26
Betty:
I spoke with Heather tonight, she had a wonderful time and is very tired she needs a vacation after her vacation in Rome, she will tell you about it, I'm trying to get her to come over and go on vacation with us, all she needs is her airline tickets and some clothes, she needs to relax, I do hope she comes, then I will have to get Mags and Mike to come down, and Ria is not too far away, now do you feel a party coming on? are we Glaswegians or not? biggrin.gif

August
George Muir
Knock, Knock, can I come in Betty? I was just readin ower some posts that I had missed recently and I noticed that you were wondering about Hamilton Street, Govan. Well it tells you right here on the GG in the "Info" section that the name of that street was changed a long time ago. It's now called NETHAN STREET. I couldnae find any pictures of it. Nice to have a wee walk down memory lane, eh? biggrin.gif
wee mags
ach yer awe right George wink.gif
annie laurie
Hello George,
How are you,? seems like a nice wee place this, never been here before, serve good Biscuits, empire my favourite,
I remember the name Nethan Street, George, but at the moment cant place where it is
have you been away on holidays,? never seems to be anybody in the chat line these days,
Thanks Betty, for your hospitality, I'll come back again, next time I am passing this way O>K>
Isobel
thought I'd better come on by and get cleaned up for the troops coming back fay their holidays . Jist stoped off at the city bakery picked up a few things fur a wee cuppa. Gee a see Annie has taken a fancy ta the empire biscuits a should huv got a couple of extra's.Anybody looking a think i'll hide this one for after.I'll see you the night Betty. Got one of ma daughters moving out this weekend and am busy packing right noo. I'll be needing a wee rum later on. Keep the fire going ,its getting cold in here.Come back the night Annie and George, there's always a welcome at Betty's place.
Marion Dougan
Ahhhmmmm back finally. Hooked up again I was soooo mad at being offline for a week. How is everyone? I'll pit the kettle oan, mibee someone will drob by rolleyes.gif
Mary Doll
Hello the hoose! Is it o.k. tae come straight in? Hi Marion, I was wondering where you were, hope the computer wisnae doon wi'wan ae thay Summer viruses. The kettle will be biled dry by noo, so jist get a couple ae glesses and pour us oot a drink fae this wee boattle ae chardonnay - 2.99 fae Tesco. By goad, she disnae vacuum in here much. Whit ur aw they crumbs? Is it empire biscuits? And she shouldnae be storin' aw they emty vodka boattles under the sink, she should be RECYCLIN' them. I'll take them for ma ain RECYCLIN' pile oan ma road oot.
Marion Dougan
Hi Mary Doll, two glasses o wine coming up. How are you, hope all is well. crumbs everywhere, their always eating biscuits in Betty's hoose. Between us we keep it tidy
Heather
Marion pour me a glass of vino, I can't get used to this tea thing. That's what I love about Italy they drink vino there the way we drink tea. No chocolate biscuits thankyou.
The last day in Rome we were sitting up at the Trevi Fountain with pizza and vino and I broke a front tooth. I was at the dentist yesterday and I have to get a crown put in. So now I am walking around with a dressing where my tooth should be. I had to get root treatment and it was very painful especially when he took the nerve out, I felt like screaming with the pain. Afterwards the dentist said "you did well" he never knew how close he came to getting a punch on the face. You know how when something is painful you feel you want to punch something well I wanted to punch him, lucky for him I am not a violent person.

Someome else can clean up, I'm just going to sit here with this bottle of wine and drown my sorrows thinking about all the money this crown is going to cost me. sad.gif
Marion Dougan
Heather here's yer gless o wine. Wow an expensive trip eh? Pit yer feet up hen, ah'll run the hoover an dust, am no dain the sterrs cause a did them the last time, mibbee Mary Doll 'ill dae them rolleyes.gif There's a guid Susan Hayward movie coming oan, I want to live, let's pit oor feet up an enjoy the movie
August26
Well Marion:
Your finally back, where in heaven's name were you? hopefully not at the local bar, you have Marydoll cleaning up with you, but I have to warn you, Heather is very fussy how people clean so you two had better do a good job, otherwise she might batter both of you, she a toughy I know cause she's my big sister, make sure everything is in it's place or she will throw it in the garbage, so don't say you weren't forewarned. tongue.gif

August
Heather
Excuse me little Sis, I did not throw anything in the bin I threw it in your bedroom, right in the middle of the floor. Well what did you expect, you three came in from school and threw blazers over the couch, dropped schoolbags on the floor and kicked your shoes off and left them where they fell. It was me that got the telling off if the living room was untidy, that is why I always sent you three to your bedrooms before Mum came home. laugh.gif
August26
Hey Sis:
MEANY MEANY MEANY tongue.gif

Love Ya August
jimmyd
Hi China's,just popping in to say hi!! am still in Adelaide,bliddy dreech and cauld it is the noo.Arthritis is giving me gyp,ah kin tell ye.But wee Johnnie Walker is lookin efter me,mind you the wee weans ferr make up for it.Just great to be with them.Take care noo,miss ye's aw biggrin.gif
Gemini
well hullo therr the hoose bin awhile since ah last bin here a lot o' chinges ah dsee new curtains new kitchen boy oh boy that wee betty hus bin a busy wumming, so whits fur drinking tea, voddie, BAILLEYS or whit hey Marion gonna gies that chair hen mah bliddy feet ur froze here, hus anybody brought any coal in huv tae keep the home fires burning yi know
Isobel
hullo all ,my the hoose is looking great, da yu think Betty hus fallin oot way us. ,she is never home when a call.A think she must huv found herself a sailor or sumit doon at that health club o hers. Come on Betty gee us the gosip , miss yer chat hen.
George Muir
biggrin.gif Are yez aw forgettin it's the Glesca Fair ?
anne
George, my daughter was born on Fair Monday all the shops were closed but Iain managed to get roses all buds and a solitair pearl ring.

Anne Perth Aussieland cool.gif
jimmyd
Ach! Anne,see that man o yours ,gies us aw a showin up he dis.Mind you that was a lovely,thing he done.Lookin forward tae catchin up on messeenger pal. biggrin.gif God,! Glesga fair George,whit a time it was eh!!,bliddy mullionaires fur a week !!!!!
Catherine
Okay, pack horse is ready tae hit the happy trails again....nuthin like two hoors in traffic ahead of ye.....BUT.....it's the holiday weekend here so hopefully they'll aw be headin back doon the way an no up...pits me in a great mood that so it dis!!
Waashins done, ready tae pack up the motor an offski goes weeme. Boys huv only phoned five times the day so far, cripes patience is not a virtue in this hoose..must take that aff thur dad laugh.gif
Missin ye's but hopefully will be able tae get online the next few weeks noo that things have quietened down a bit, the last two weeks wae family wis the best...place is aye that quiet when they go, hate that comin back fae the airport masel y'no, cripes ahm the worst excuse fur an immigrant right enuf, ah dae this drive every year wae the tears trippin me goin ower aw the laughs we had. Och well.
Will catch up wae ye's aw this week okay xxxxxxxx
Hoi wherr is betty onyway?
betty2
Annie whit took yi sae long tae come in fur a visit?? but dont take sae long tae come back , therrs aye somebody here tae huv a chunwag wae . Hi george sure enuff that wis the glesca ferr noo away as faur as ever, no the same nooadays an jimmyd still enjoyin Adelaide god yi must be huvin a ball wae the weans Still attendin the health club faithfully every thursday an lovin it. but therrs nae sailors therr its a LADIES ONLY night only men therr ur the wans that walk roon the pool in case one gets intae difficulty an bulieve me they're no oot o baywatch ha ha C/mon melody gies us the goss aboot sunny cornwall, an heather we'll need tae get anither wee meetup , huv yi heard fae tammy yet?. Well better see if the gantry needs stockin up
betty2

still in glesca
Heather
Betty, I was glad to hear that Lee got the job. How quick can he get Gorgi Registered?????? so he can fit in my new cooker laugh.gif

Have not heard from Tammy. I hope she and her family are having a good time and getting around and going plenty places. There are lots to see and do in Bonnie Scotland.

When Tammy gets around to phoning we'll all meet up for a night out.

Was at Tollcross swimming on Friday with the three g'children. I lost my pass a while ago and although I had my passport with me they said I needed proof of my address which I did not have and they made me pay 2.00 to get in.
What really annoyed me was that my details are on their computer. I used to buy a yearly pass as I have been going swimming for years. I used to go to Easterhouse regularly straight from work then on to my Mothers for tea, or going on a Saturday with the g'children. Since the Easterhouse pool closed for renovations we have been going to Tollcross.

My son run us down to Tollcross but when we phoned him to come and collect us we could not get hold of him. So there we were walking up Wellshot Rd. going to Shettleston to get the bus and the g'son says " gran by the time we walk up to the bus stop, get a bus, then walk from the Main St. to the Edinburgh Rd. we would be quicker getting a taxi". I told him he was lucky he was not walking home to Springhill as I expected his Dad to collect us. The funny thing was, his wee sisters were all excited at going on a bus and were hoping for a double decker as they wanted to sit upstairs.
betty2
Heather I was at tollcross on thursday night have been going for the past 3 weeks its ladinight and a cheery crowd they are. I really enjoy it , still dont swim tho but i enjoy the other facilities.
betty2
still here in glesca
August26
There you go Sis, your big chance teach Betty to swim, I'm sure she will reward you with a nice glass of vodka. wink.gif

August
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.