Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Marion Dougan
Hi guys, wiz it last year at this very time we were sitting in yer hoose Betty drinkin wine, a think it wiz, pours another wee gless Catherine biggrin.gif
Catherine
Therr ye go Archie, wee waarmer tae chase thae orange pekoe blues away pal .

Here ah think yer right Marion, happy days....a year ago....and we'v no aged a bit hen laugh.gif
Marion Dougan
Av gained in pounds and inches . Aw the merr tae love rolleyes.gif
betty2
Hud a interestin day an am knackered, see yis aw later gawn fur a lie doon biggrin.gif

still here in glesca
Catherine
That's some lie doon betty's huvin, mibbe she's trainin fur the Alimpics an gaunni surprise us laugh.gif
Melody
Betty ohmy.gif Hey Esther Williams how wis the watter? Yer no still havin' a lie doon ur ye? Oh Betty ah hope they don't want ye back the morra, they'll huv ye daein' the marathon if ye don't watch oot.
Ah'll come tae Glesga Green and shout ye oan don't worry......they gie ye a wee healthy biscuit and a healthy drink and something else healthy mibbe a banana ah think,.....but that's jist when ye've finished. We'll go doon Sauciehall Street when ye'v finished and find a wee pub fur ye tae recover in!
Melody
Wakey Wakey Betty, come oan noo that's long enough tae be lyin' doon at this time o the day! Noo ye'll jist stiffen up ye know ye will, hup two three four, hup two three four, Private Benjamin stand to attention, yer oan manouvers.....whit is manouvers? Ach well yer oan them anyhow. laugh.gif
Melody
Ah'm worried aboot her noo, somebody gie her a nudge! laugh.gif
Marion Dougan
She's goat a big boatle o voddie in bed wie her biggrin.gif
Melody
Dae ye think Marion? laugh.gif
tammy
any wine left? I could use a glass..just in from work! huh.gif Betty, do you feel slimmer and fit now? By the way where's Melody with the scones?
Isobel
Athink that day at the rec.center wis jist to much fur ye Betty. Did a no tell you no tay wear the new shoes.Come on ,get yerself up and let the rest o us know yer still livin.
Isobel
Just read Mark's as got a reprive, they are not being taken over by Mr Green. That makes me really happy.Arglye street would not have been the same.
betty2
Hullo guess whit am gawn back the night fur merr its great , met a loat o nice folk aw very friendly and helpful. Gonny try summit different like (canny spell it) but its like yoga then nip intae the jacuzzi or mibby a sauna coorse aw thats efter ma spell in the gymn. "Esther Williams" biggrin.gif ah like it melody I must I must REDUCE my bust an Tum, bum an thighs ha ha
betty2
will be oan later the night mibby
Archie Millar
This bloody hoose is gettin' sexy! --noo the talk is aboot tits& bums---Time youse wumen an' made a pot o' tea biggrin.gif
Catherine
Here you Archie, get that grin aff yer face afore Norah noaks it aff fur ye laugh.gif

Good for you betty, we'll no recognise ye next time we see ye if ye keep this up....Ye'll need tae start watchin the drains when ye pass them incase ye end up slim whitman an faw doon them!!
Melody
Is that Esther Williams away back fur mer? Good fur you Betty enjoy yersel smile.gif
Catherine
Mind take yer jewellery aff Esther afore ye go intae the sauna or ye'll end up in the burns unit....did that wance and ah'll no dae it again let me tell ye biggrin.gif
Isobel is that no the third time Greens huv tried to take them ower?...Good auld Markies, fight them wae wan haun tied ahint therr backs...
Melody
Wonder if that cup of tea calmed Archie doon? smile.gif Are ye aw right Archie?
Catherine
Bet he's away lookin fur his speedo's laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif That's where he'll be right enough Catherine.
Catherine
..or takin aw his gold medallions aff afore his sauna session..that could take some time laugh.gif
Melody
Catherine see when you mentioned that aboot the jewellery burnin' ye, ah wis jist thinkin' ah hope Archie's no got a navel piercing ring thingy, cause he might forget tae take it oot! laugh.gif
He's gonny kill us two!
tammy
Archie, are you alright? Maybe he's away for some "Nitro spray"? He's that excited about thinking of women in their bathing suits! Gave him chest pains! LOL! I think he may need more than a cup of tea to calm him!

Good for you going to the excercising Betty! Me myself, I'm just laying about doing nothing! I'm getting tired just reading your post! I think you should hide the sugar from Melody and Catherine though...they're wild those two! LOL! laugh.gif
tammy
Oh, just got my mail in and there was a letter from Phil's Uncle Duncan. Telling me that they've painted the rooms so they would be fresh for our arrival and have hired a car and everyone is meeting us at the airport! Wanted to remind us how thrilled they are we are really coming to stay! Just made me even more excited! I can barely sleep thinking about how many more days! I return to work tomorrow for 3, then 1 off and we are away Tuesday! Do you think I'm a little excited? Melody, Catherine...give us a little drink and a song! Betty, I'll do the stairs for ya! Wear off some of my excitement! Archie....are you okay? Marion, I'm going to the shops for some chocolate biscuits..I'll bring you back some. Isobel, what's that you're putting in the tea? Anyone need a new red hat? biggrin.gif I'm so behind in my packing...god I'll be rushing around like a maniac on Monday! Worried that I'll forget something. Ah well, I'm off for a haircut soon and a pedicure on Sunday morning. That'll help relax me.
Catherine
Here ah near needed yer services therr Tammy...wis oot cuttin the grass, nae hedge in the middle so neighbour an masel always do each ithers while we're at it....then ah decides tae dae the ither side a neighbours, cos they're away this week....course ye cannae do therrs withoot doin the next wans too {Verna, 86, daft as a brush an kin fell ye in wan sweep, blun as a bat but will puul ye back if ye'v missed a miniscule coarner unner a flooer y'no}....
Anyway....
Next thing did a no get hit wae a flyin boulder, okay some wid call it a wee stane but when it's gaun at a hunner mile an hoor it's a boulder...WALLOP right oan the chin, hud it hit ma eye ah wid huv loast it fur sure.
Here's the best part...therrs NO A MARK THERR!!!
Yet anither wee daily phenominominom laugh.gif
Melody
ohmy.gif Tell them ye want danger money Catherine, goggles fur you next time ye decide tae cut the neighbourhood grass!
Archie Millar
She's jist taken me tae the bloody supermarket --great is'nt it we go tae the shops an' she spends ma money an' jist because a waanted a cheap bottle o' the good stuff she pulls a face-----Bloody hell!! its ma money she's spendin'
Am tellin' youse wuman hiv it easy mad.gif
Isobel
Oh come on Archie what would you do with out us. Tammy could you make a wee space in you bag for me. A would jist love to meet Melody and Betty.A need to tell them no tay send anymore of that rain. A think we have had enough.
tammy
Archie..you're lucky to have us! You'd be lost without us! Aimlessly wandering in circles with piles of laundry and no food in the fridge!

Catherine, be careful, cutting that lawn. I make Phil wear eye protection when he's doing the edges and weed eating. I've been hit in the leg by flying "boulders" too and it hurts! But, then I think to myself, what the hell were you thinking doing that in shorts in the first place! You're lucky it hit your chin and not your eye! The old saying "it's all fun until somebody loses an eye!" LOL! Maybe you could move here and be my neighbour?? Mine don't cut the grass or anything for me..lazy they are! laugh.gif

Isobel, can you be here to fit in my suitacse by Tuesday morning? Don't worry I'm taking some sunshine with me!

Archie, if it makes you feel any better the last thing Phil said tonight as I was dragging him home "you and your bloody shopping!" What??? Everything we bought was for him or the girls!

Betty get your kettle ready! Only 5 more sleeps!
Isobel
Hey Tammy I'm counting the days down with you . I'l see you Tuesday then. A'm not the big and A PROMISE I'L NO TAKE UP MUCH ROOM. Did that Betty get home yet.
tammy
Ok Isobel, my suitcase will be the BIG one!!! I'll leave a space for you! Where is everyone today? Archies probabaly back out shopping. I think he really loves, it just doesn't want us to know! wink.gif
thistle46
Hey Tammy wink.gif Yes bet you can't wait - four more sleeps!!

Have been busy at work - not on boards nearly all week - just catching up
betty2
Anither great time at the CLUB really enjoyin it an makin lots o new pals. The wummins night is brilliant , but they aerobics ur hard work. Ah see tammy's oan countdown no be long noo hen tae yir embracin oor dear green city. An isobel ah cin jist see you squeezin intae that case.
Archie ma auld china good fur you gawn wae norah tae watch her spendin yir money rolleyes.gif ah'll bet you're enjoyin it as much as she is.. Canny sleep the night so here ah um an naebody's here tae jine me in a wee cuppa
betty2 still here in glesca
betty2
Still naebody here ach ah'll jist switch oan the telly an wait fur the ice cream van tae get masel a double nougat rolleyes.gif diet starts the morra
betty2

still here in glesca
Isobel
Ok betty i'll huv one as well . Been years. Oh god hurry up, a cin jist taste it.What tune does the van play noo.
betty2
Aw the van that comes roon here the man jist blaws a whistle . its the only whistle ah get these days rolleyes.gif dae yi want a single or double??
betty2

still here in glesca
wee mags
Betty cin you no sleep the night again? also can you still get an Oyster ice cream it came in a wafer shaped like an oyster wub.gif
betty2
Aye mags yi still ger oysters in fact ah buy them oot the freezer shoap an huv ma ain , haud oan here's wan comin ower fur yi biggrin.gif Went tae bed early the night again hud a coupla hours sleep noo am as bright as a button so it bein the fair am huvin a vodka bored oot ma skull
betty2
still in glesca
wee mags
a caught it betty ,I thought you were going to your Barn the night ? wink.gif
betty2
Naw mags sunday night the barn club, y/no whit mags am sittin here thinkin aboot that time at you're hoose MAGIC an tae think we're gawny dae it aw again next year in NC, is'nt this board great
betty2

shill here in glesca
wee mags
It was pure magic Betty as a matter of fact Mike was just talking about it today "I cannot believe all those people never met before that night " I said to him a told you how it is on the board biggrin.gif
betty2
Mags am off tae bed gie Mike a big hug fae me an tell him he wis the perfect host and I'm lookin forward tae seein him next year in NC g/night and god bless
betty2

still here in glesca
wee mags
hoi betty a cannae gei him a big kiss hes sound asleep ,but I will tell him you wanted tae gei him wan ,it will make his day the morra ha ha wub.gif we will see ya next Sept
"If the good lords willing and the creek dont rise"
Isobel
Come on betty if it's a double your hivin a want the same
Cin a change ma mind and get a wee bag of chips wa the bag of salt inside. Da you remember that Wee Meg
August26
Wee Mags:
I love oyster wafers with ice cream, last year my neighbors Mother was in Scotland she brought me a dozen of them, I bought a gallon of ice cream, hid it in back of the bottom shelf of the freezer, didn't tell a soul in the house, hid the wafers in the laundry room, teach hubby a lesson for never learning how to use the washer, oh they were soooooooo gooooooood, you mentioning it makes my mouth water.
Mags, like Mike Tommy again tonight was talking about the great time at your home, we went to a retirment party, a man at our table, his Mom is from Ireland and had spent a lot of time in Glasgow, so Tommy told him all about the GG and the meet, he has some Scottish friends and wrote down the info for them. rolleyes.gif

August

Martin's Tartan Army
betty2
Hope you minded tae gie the yank that hug mags , well fair sunday and am goin oot wae the ladies the night . Its been a lovely weekend weather wise , unusual for the ferr hope it continues rolleyes.gif

betty2

still here in glesca
tammy
Hi all!

Sorry have been at work. Started at a new station, so have been learning the area. Have a new partner and we get along well so far..already having some laughs! It's a lot quieter than what I'm used, we're really enjoying it. Only working tonight, then I'm off. Want to get the house all clean before we leave and pack my suitcases. Phil was reminding me to remember that we are only going for 3 weeks not 3 years! So I had to remind him, that I have to pack for all types of weather! Jeesh! LOL! Men, they just don't understand how to pack! We were at the mall today buying some clothes and he got more than I did! Only 2 more sleeps! Oh my goodness, not sure if I'll get any sleep! I wrote your number down Betty and yours too Heather! Look forward to meeting you both if possible. You should see all the gifts and things I have to pack..god, I might need a separate suitcase! I hope Phil's Uncle's have big cars! Can you get anymore excited? Yesterady all my crew mates were all talking or attempting to talk with Scottish accents...said they were trying to get me ready!? I told them they were killing the language!!! It was terrible! LOL! Had a few drinks after work, they said I neede to get in shape for Glasgow! A few words of advice..I'm not to be looking under any strange kilts and to behave myself! can you imagine telling me such a thing! Betty, I'll have a wee vodka with you if you have some extra around. Where's Melody gone on holiday already? Do you think Catherine's boys have her tied up someplace? Isobel are you ready???? laugh.gif
tammy
Isn't anyone out of bed yet in Scotland??? Ah well, I'll just sweep the floors and put the kettle on for when you all get up. smile.gif
Isobel
Now you promised to put me in the case and now you have all the extra gifts . A jist knew you would do that. Oh well maybe next time . Jist be thinking about the rest of us when you and Betty Heather and Melody get together for that wee vodka. Wee bit advice. Ma wee friend told me Isobel when that plane door opens in Scotland and you step outside ,take a good deep breath and take in some of that good air. Well a did that and it was just at the same time a great gust o wind caught me and a nearly got blown off the steps. A think they use that long tunnel now so you may not get that experience.Anyway you have a great time, eh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.