Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
jimmyd
Grace ,been a long time since ,I have been home, prefer to think of it ,as I remember it.OK !!!believe it or not!! The movie tonight is the Magnificant 7!!!!,Melody is that a wicka omen ??????.Ohhh spooky or whit??? whit dae ye think!!!!:D
Catherine
Tammy, it's the salt roon the rim of the Margaurita's that helps yer throat pet....usually we jist dae the salt an waater gargle, but ah like yer thinkin laugh.gif

I have to agree Grace, Isobel, do what's in your hearts to do. It's a tough decision when other things are happening too. Sometimes we feel as if we're bein pulled aw ower the joint in makin right decisions..and they're AW right, but ye cannae do them all.

Jimmy, ye'v travelled all over Australia in the last year seein family, probably the same amount a miles an more than it wid take ye tae kiss Argyle st. yersel....and I know how much ye'd love to do it but yer always puttin yer family first. Yer a great dad and grampa. Take a wee bow pal.
Melody
Here Grace, if ye don't mind that's my city your talking aboot there, sure it's dirty sometimes, sure it's a bit mixed up and untidy but that's the way I love it! It still has the most beautiful architecture in the world, I'm in almost everyday and it still can make me hold my breath with the beauty of it, the excitement, the friendly down to earth folk. Nowhere on earth is ever the same as we remember it from years gone by, how can it be? However the essence of Glasgow is alive and well, when was it ever clean anyhow? Remember the black buildings of yesteryear yes it's a dirty old city it always has been, and it's also pure magic ! wub.gif
Melody
Ah'll kiss Argyle Street fur ye Jimmy anyday, because those streets ma folk and yours walked them! wub.gif
Catherine
Nae luck Grace, ye'v woke up the Glesga drragon laugh.gif

Smashin day here the day Melody, ahv a few wee messages tae get seen tae..then ah'll be back. Moan ower an we'll get the cherrs oot the back, ah'll toss a few wee Cosmapolitans in the fridge, or wid ye prefer Malibu, Ice cream an lemonade an we kin hae a wee fizzyupyernose refreshment..let me no hen. Ah kin feel a tan comin oan hey hey...
Melody
Oh aye sounds good tae me , ah need something fur ma nerves right this minute, ah thought you were at the cottage are ye back? Bloomin' rainy here, I've been ironing( everything in this hoose I think) for the holidays . laugh.gif the Glesga Dragon!
Marion Dougan
Hi Meldoy, where are you going on holiday? Catherine kin a huv a wee drinkie pooh hen. Av been sooo good up tae last night ha ha ha It's oor 39 wedding anniversary the day, so ah"ll no be guid the night , steak, lobster tails, twice baked tatties an portabello mushrooms. 2 dozen red roses oan the table this moarning, lovely. Am away tae wash the sterrs, mebbee the windaes tae
Melody
Ah'm thinking aboot goin' tae Argyle Street fur ma holidays Marion! Have a lovely day pal, all sounds beautiful. laugh.gif
Catherine
No up fur anither two weeks...wur daen the 'city gerdenin', gettin tae the stage neighbours urnae talkin tae us . Ah mean whits wrang wae a few jungle scenes ???? Some folks huv nae adventure in the soul. laugh.gif

Ah think Scottish wummin come oot the womb wae an iron board an iron attached tae them, ye'v jist gied me a mental picture of whit it's goanni be like when oor Joanne an troops get here...ah should start lookin fur oors the noo, will take me a week tae find it..

Oh Marion CONGRATULATIONS!!

When your old weddin ring was new
And each dream that I dreamt came true
I remember with pride, how we stood side by side
What a beautiful picture you made as my bride
Even though rid dye crowns your herr
I can still see the gold ringlets therr
Loves old flame still the same
As the day I changed your name
When you're old weddin ring was new xxxxxxxx
Melody
I wonder if ah could hide ma iron. I think it might follow me aboot the hoose right enough! laugh.gif Oh where's that drink!
Catherine
Here ye could hide it oot ma back Melody, way things are gaun it widnae be found fur years an years an years laugh.gif
Melody
Noo there's an idea, even if the weans found it and brought it back we could always say it wis next door's! ..... Dae ye know whit just popped intae ma mind there, remember that lassie that was serving us in the pub that day, she might visit you as well efter you inviting her!!! laugh.gif
Melody
Catherine..... Its ok ah'm only kiddin' on,.. I think ye jist told her tae phone ye or somethin'....see she looked as if she'd huv a lot o ironin' laugh.gif
Catherine
Cripes ah furgoat aw aboot that laugh.gif Wis her name no Joanne? Wid that no be a great laugh if she appears, ah need anither two glesses a wine ana might remember whit she looks like!!
The mare the merrier eh....anither cuppa waater intae the mince an aw that...
Melody
laugh.gif I think it was Joanne Catherine, she was nice sure she was?
Put another pea in the soup just in case!
Catherine
Ahm gaun aboot here killin masel laughin Melody, Geoff says ahm a nightmerr invitin folks, but ye no how it's oot yer mooth afore ye no it.. an it really is a wee world ...an way way too shoart tae no make mare pals.
Noo she wis a lovely wumin wint she?
Geoff says wan of these days ah'll invite an axe murderer hame laugh.gif
Ah cannae help it, ma dad wis the same an he drove ma mammy nuts an aw.

Aw great...we baeth cannae mind if she wis nice...aye she wis, definately....right???
Melody
Wance ye got ower the shock o her havin' that wee problem I think she wis quite nice aye..it wis jist a wee bit tae get used tae her having the two heids and that, but aye she wis nice ....apart fae her being a wee bit loud an that....ach she'll be fine! laugh.gif
Catherine
Kinda like fork tongue syndrome {two heids two tongues an aw that, nae wunner she wis loud } laugh.gif
Och that's a sin, she wis lovely...aye...definately wis.
Melody
Aye. we're aw lovely in Glesga ye know that for goodness sake... : Aye she really was nice just a wee lassie remember.?
Dae ye know whit a meant tae tell ye ah went fur a massage...so there! Whit dae ye think o that? Noo yer gonny tell me ye've been hunners a times, ah jist feel it in ma watter! laugh.gif
Melody
I jist had a terrible urge fur chocolate there, went into the kitchen...saw pears..saw chocolate mallows...saw pears...saw chocolate mallows......the devil made me reach for a chocolate mallow!! laugh.gif
Catherine
Ye must be a bettin wummin..yer right Melody !!
Mind the furst wan ah went fur here , gettin aw the essential oils an thinkin ahm Cleapatra...comes oot wae the shirt oan again, jumps oan the subway hame thinkin ahm smellin great an feelin smashin... an goat hame tae see aw the oil marks aw ower it, wis manky!!
Folks must huv been bolkin sittin next tae me feart incase they caught somethin laugh.gif

Ah like it at the beginnin, then ah get bored oot ma tree an get aw ajji waitin fur them tae feenish, which completely defeats the purpose...so ah don't bother noo. Ah jist get the weans tae run ower ma back a few times a day anam bran new!!
Melody
laugh.gif Weans probably are jist as good actually, I hate tae admit it but I was the same, ah canny relax fur too long, I get worried that ah should be somewhere else! As soon as somebody says relax, ah think aw naw a canny!! The lassie went away and left me for a few minutes and ah had to sit up and look roon aboot the place. Ah mean ye might miss something sure ye might?
Melody
Dae ye know whit ah jist noticed there's only you and me in here, we could run aboot aw the topics and say things!!! laugh.gif
Catherine
Hoi bet they've aw goat hidden camera's Melody, an roon the wurld the massoos's huv a conference wance a year showin the minute they go oot the room aw the folks huv tae sit up an see whit's the story...wur aw the same laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Yer probably right, an then they'll catch us lying back doon quickly and kiddin' on we're aw relaxed! Oh I feel so much better thank you!
tammy
First off you two...Melody and Catherine...what a couple of cases! LOL! God, you two are funny! But, I have to admit, I'm just the same. Phil buys me gift certifcates for the spa to relax and I sit there thinking "hurry up, I have things to do". And he asks if I'm relaxed and was it good, and I have to say it was great, so he gets me another one for another gift! LOL! Speaking of I have a deluxe pedicure I have to go get.

As for the ironing..I think you're right there too. I don't mind ironing, but I don't feel the need to iron everything! When I go to my Mother In-law's or her sister's in Toronto, they won't let me iron because apparently they do a better job! LOL! My girls hide their clothes form them, because they iron everything!

Jimmy, don't worry I'll kiss the street for you. My pleasure! I can't wait to see all the lovely buildings. I hear they have really cleaned them up. Nothing like history of hundreds of years! I heard some of the buildings really cleaned up well too and look fabulous with their colors restored.

Grace, I have to agree with your advice too about, if you feel like you want to go then go. I agree with that too. Because I would hate it if I never got to say good bye, but on the other hand you have to respect the other person's wishes too. Sometimes they need a little time to let it all sink in and deal with things with their best friend and partner before anyone else. Because really it is very overwhelming. But, we always want to do all that we can for our loved ones. We feel useless otherwise. I know your heart is in the right place.

Catherine, I think margaritas will help soothe my thoat better than nasty salt and water gargle! I can lick the salt off the rim. I'm sure that will do it. In fact I just booked off my two nights. I'm not taking any chances not getting better before the trip! wub.gif
tammy
Marion,

Sorry about that. 39 yrs. married...congratulations! Sit yourself down and while you're getting ready for your night, enjoy this glass of champagne I've poured for you! Hope you're back is feeling much better. What's this cleaning on your anniversary??? Two dozen roses when you got up...now that is nice! Awwwwwwww! wub.gif
tammy
Catherine...Melody....where did you go??? sad.gif
Isobel
Well hello there chinas. Went to the hairdresser this morning. Joanne had no time to do may highlights. My god what a price they charge . Anyway feeling like a million bucks,and am just getting ready for a wee afternoon party (house warming ) friends of my nieces, dont know them that well, but am sure after today we'll be big buddies. My two say their mom knows everyone. Oh well its the Gleswegain in me. Maybe talk the night . Catherine i'm no a big drinker but keep me one, wee one will you
tammy
Isobel,

I bet you look great! Enjoy the party. biggrin.gif
Isobel
Thanks Tammy, hope you are feeling better, take it easy today . You have to be well for your trip home. I gather you are a nurse. My oldest daughter is an Rn. Always looking after everyone else and forgetting about herself. No doubt you are the same.
Marion Dougan
Awww tanks, Catherine, Melody an Tammy, that wee gless o champers did the drink, canny wait tae open the boatle o Piper Sonoma. Catherine thanks fur the song, the bit aboot the rid dye hud me laughin, my roots are grey, a couldnae get them done cause o ma back, canny lie in that shampoo cherr, so a look a mess, a wee bit make up oan Bob 'ill think it's his weddin day aw uwer again. rolleyes.gif He'll no see the extra 60 + pounds, he'll be aw starry eyes ha ha ha. Haydan is coming tomorrow for 2 weeks a canny wait. She's gonna gie me a facial an a pedicure, am the guinea pig ha ha ha. Right am away, make up oan herr brushed, wee bit perfume ahin the ears and Bobs yer uncle, oh naw he's ma man.... A WANNA BE BOBBY'S GIRL
August26
Hmm Marion:
So when are we having your "baby shower" ohmy.gif

August
wee mags
jist read it was yir anniversary Marion,all the best tae you and Bob ,he deserves an award tell him a said so wub.gif
betty2
jimmyd
death is always a sad thing but even more so when parents see they're child go before them . You may be many miles away but i'm sure you're sister and her husband know that you are sharing their grief. God bless him and may he rest in peace.

Well soon be d-day wee betty takes tae the watter rolleyes.gif hope therrs an instructor floatin aboot oan ladies night ha ha

Marion an Boab happy anniversary the man deserves a medal (jist kiddin they're a lovely couple)

Lee is a wee bitty dry wae me wunner whits up??

An tae ma pal melody we'll need tae huv anither night oot wance yir back fae yir hols. what say you??

still here in glesca betty2
Melody
I wonder whit's the matter wi Lee Betty, did ye notice if he wis lookin' fur anything? Mibbe he misplaced somethin' in his room, dae ye think! laugh.gif I think you should mibbe keep a low profile fur a wee while!! That would be nice Betty we'll arrange something pal.
tammy
Isobel, I'm not a RN...I'm a paramedic. And I did book off both my nights. I'm to get myself better before my trip next week! LOL! But, I feel like I should be at work...I'm not very good at booking off sick. An hour goes by and I'm saying I don't feel that bad, I should call them back and go in. I feel guilty even if I'm throwing up. LOL! Almost a like a kid who's lying about being sick to get out of going to school!

Betty is Lee talking to you yet? Don't worry, he'sll make a new mess and forget all about the stuff he can't find! At least that's what mine do! Sit yourself down and have a cup of tea! biggrin.gif
betty2
Yes he's back talkin tae me he said "Ma am goin tae play five a sides an ah need a coupla pound" Aha such is life rolleyes.gif Tammy this bein sunday night , its no tea ah'll be drinkin. Ladies night out at the barn club, an am rerrin tae go
still in glesca betty2
tammy
Betty,

I had a laugh at your post! Kids eh...they will always come round and talk to you when they need some money! LOL! Enjoy whatever you're drinking tonight! laugh.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif I will cheers tammy must be gettin near you're trip eh GLASGOW AWAITS YOU

STILLHERE BETTY2
tammy
Betty,

9 more days..not that I'm counting or anything! LOL! I'm hoping to get together with Melody and Heather for a visit...wanna meet us too? Heather sent me her number, so I'll give her a call when I get there! happy.gif
Marion Dougan
Tammy I hope you meet up with Betty, Heather and Melody. I have met Betty, she's a gem. Not met Melody or Heather, but I hear there are right up there with Betty. A great bunch biggrin.gif Noo where's the scones a made yesterday, Who ate them, come oan fess up. A cuppa without a wee tasty, naw no me. So ah"ll jist hae a wee voddie. Betty when you come in fae the club hen, dae me a favour, iron ma green froack fur the morrow night, am coming tae the club wie ye
tammy
Marion...It wasn't me! I've yet to get any! I'll have to wait until I get to Glasgow! Yumm...can't wait! I bet you're right about all theladies...I'm really looking forward to meeting them all. By the way...how's your back?
Isobel
A think a had the last scone . A came in and no one was home ,am thinking betty was a way at the bingo so a jist made a nice wee cuppa and took the last wee scone, Oh it wis so good. and a did clean up after . A had such a rotten day . Drove with ma daughter over the border to see where the university was , she is thinking of going there in the fall. Anyway the line up at the border went on for hours in the real hot weather, it really was very uncomfortable. Not sure she wants to go now. However time will tell.
Hey Tammy ,hope you are feeling better.
Melody ,have you heard anymore from the girl's.They are probably having a ball and dont have time to call you .Cant remember if you said they were away one or two weeks
Melody
That was rotten Isobel, nothing worse than being stuck in the heat too. No that we much experience of it in Glasgow! laugh.gif
Isobel
MELODY A HEAR YOU HAVE HAD A PRETTY GOOD SUMMER SO FAR. iS IT NO TRUE.
Melody
Isobel, where did you hear that? We had a few lovely days in June and I mean a few when I was at my work!! sad.gif since then it's been very mixed more like April than July! Patchy with showers, lots of showers!!
Isobel
A lady from the church was there and she was saying she had a fantastic time and pretty good weather. Dont think our's has been as good as normal. We have had our share of rain in the last month. Mind you that seems to be behind us now. Have to get some work done here,have a great day now.
tammy
Hi Isobel,

Thanks..I feel much better today, just a littl cough. I forgive you for taking that last scone. Especially since you had to sit in a line-up at the border in the heat and you did clean up after too!

Melody, when I get there, I'll be bringing the sunshine with me! Only 8 more days now! When did you say you were on holidays?

Betty, how was your night out? biggrin.gif
Melody
Take it easy..... take it easy.....don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.......c'mon baby, don't say maybe....
Mornin' pals! suns shinin' and that's on the radio.... ah'm away fur a coffee and tae the library...Oh the excitement of it all! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.