Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Catherine
Tried tae pm ye yesterday betty, but it kept comin back tae me, widnae go....so you have a lovely night the night wae Heather, try an behave yersels.
Ah read on the boards somewhere recently, if ye cannae be a good example, ye should at least be a terrible warnin...ah liked that, you two hae a blast.. laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine, I meant to say I was going to go check out Salon Services. Sounds like a great plce to shop. The muffins are out of teh oven...come and get them! Coffee's on too. Or whatever you're drinkin'. Betty I have to pop in once in awhile and check up on Catherine and Melody because together those two get a little crazy...somebody has to be the sensible one! Goos fat...gross...could you imagine the smell?! I don't think you would have to make any noise, they's smell you out before they would hear or see ya. Can't wait to see all your photos from your night on the town Betty! Have fun! tongue.gif
Melody
Tammy yer a great wee worker in here hen, don't let tham aw make a mess try tae keep them in line when they're in here. It's been known for a few to get out of hand ye know whit they're like. laugh.gif
tammy
Melody, I know what you mean...I'm just putting another load of washing in! Just stopping fro a little drink. Wouldn't want Betty to think we're taking advantage. laugh.gif I think I could wait until Christmas for those scones though!
Melody
Oh poor Tammy, ye see it's because ah'm always oan a diet and if ah make scones ah might eat them.....ah know ah know I'll make them just for you..an Cath, an Betty, an Gemini, an Mags, and Hubert, and Jimmy, and Jannymac, and Bunty, and Heather, and Isobel, and ....................will ah jist call it a big batch!! Anyhow whit happened tae ma banana muffins?? Bet the weans ate them! smile.gif
betty2
Just in from a very pleasant night out with heather, also met her hubby and a true gent he is too, they both saw i got home safe and sound now was'nt that nice of them . Must do this again I really enjoyed heather's company, so if you're reading this thank you for a very pleasant evening rolleyes.gif
betty2

still in glesca
Melody
Aye, but did ye come hame the same day as ye went oot?? laugh.gif
Heather
Now before any of you lot start making accusations we were very sober, we did more talking than drinking. Betty told me all about her trip to the USA and going over the same bridge countless times trying to find Wee Mags House who eventually had to come and rescue them.
We came out the bar and Betty was showing me the shortcut to where she lived and as we turned around there was my hubby stranding outside the bar and whom I had walked right passed, he had come to walk me home. So this is when I had the bright idea of taking the shortcut to Betty' house she said she had never gone that way and I misunderstood thinking she meant she never went that way in the dark as it was a rough path and very dark. But off we went and it was a rough sloping path and we were hanging on to each other but we made it.
Hubby decided we should take the long way home as it was a nice night and he wanted a walk, we got home just about midnight I had a cup of tea and into bed as I had been up since 7 o'clock, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.
I also enjoyed Betty's company and we had a pleasant evening, so we might do it again so any of you other glaswegians care to join us some time let us know. smile.gif
tammy
Melody...I left your muffins on the table. Didn't you see them? Of course Betty came in the same day...she's got to be respectable with her having her grandson living with her and all! LOL! So, what did you and Catherine get up too last night after everyone went to sleep? tongue.gif
Marion Dougan
Hi guys, where is everybody. Came hame fae N.Y. yesterday an no a bugger in tae chat wie.Well ah'll make a weee cuppa tea an chockie bikkie. Canny hae a drink, still oan pills fur ma back so Betty huv wan fur me. Hoose looks lovely an clean. Tammy yer dain a rerr joab. Meldoy hen where ur ye? oot lukin fur the Prada shoes. Git black wans an ah;ll mibbee gie ye ma Prada bag.. Come oan guys git in here rolleyes.gif
tammy
Welcome back Marion! Hope your back is better soon. A sore back is no fun. I'll join you for a wee cup of tea...seeing as you have chocolate!!! wink.gif I think the others are out partying or up to no good. LOL!
Melody
Hi guys, oh sure ah'm gettin tae sound like a yank!! laugh.gif I've been in town all day, ah'm shattered!! It was really warm and sunny today for a change. Whit's happening then!
betty2
Welcome hame marion wur yi a good lassie in NY ?bet yi hud a great time even wae the sore back, well am gawn tae the bingo the night , spent the day cleanin Lee's room (he's away tae millport fur the day ) so am off oot afore he comes in and finds oot jist how big a clean oot ah hud . Its aw in the bin aw the s***e that he hauds oan tae tells me "Ma thats no rubbish you dont understaun" Well it is noo binned the lot rolleyes.gif Ah'll deal wae it when ah come hame . Buy anything nice in the toon melody /

betty2
still in glesca
Melody
Betty, your for it when he comes back. I'd hide if ah wiz you. shoes Betty t-shirts and 2 skirts, ah think that's it! nothing exciting really. smile.gif
Isobel
Oh Betty ,you better hide. let me tell you from experience not a wise thing to do. Well Melody just been at the mall you did a lot better than me .All a managed to come home with was a headache and a sore back.
Should tell you a laugh. Kathryn is working in a chiropractors office for the summer .She told me about these great water pillows they were selling ,fantastic for the neck and back. So she bought me one . I had been using it for a few night ,if felt ok but not worth the $60 it had cost. Kathryn said I don't understand mom everyone raves about them. So she took it to use last night , Well she called me all the daft names in the book . Here;'s me A thought the water was in it, but no . So I will have to give it another try.Of course she had to go to the office a tell them all how daft her old mother is . So I will need to lay low for a bit.The doctor says .''So Kathryn where is your mother from. Sorry guys I let the troops down.
Melody
Isobel, ah hope she said Edinburgh laugh.gif
Melody
Are you lot aw away tae a party an left me again? See this is the story of ma life! Aw dressed up an nae where tae go......no really dressed up, ......in ma jammies,........but ah kin get ready dead quick honest!! laugh.gif Wonder whit fascinating conversation ah could gie yez and yez wid aw be rushin' tae answer me!! Och ah canny think o anythin'! Ah'll away an sing again tae masel!
Melody
See when ah'm no here...............yez will miss me..........ye will ye know! laugh.gif It's like a drippin; tap...........see when it stops ye wonder where it went tae!
Marion Dougan
HiMelody am here, a took a wee nap, you should have seen me git aff the couch, should never huv laid doon. Had a great time in N.Y. jist a wee bit slow, lazy days by the pool, out to dinner every night, as really good, some great Rests. in Rochester. August a went tae see the red socks, hud no idea wit wis goin on, but such a lovely night, then they had a fireworks dislpay, thought of you, said to Bob I have to tell August I was at the REd Socks game, naw Marion the Red wINGS wub.gif cOME OAN IN SOMEBUDDY, IT'S LONELY HERE, THINK mELODY WENT TO BED. tAMMY WHERE ARE YOU, THIS IS A MESS AN AM NO CHINGIN IT SORRY PALS
betty2
Life withoot melody!!!! no way pal well ah went tae the bingo (no joy) dont know why ah bother jist go oot o boredom, ma life's pretty dull these days, am needin a bit excitement in it rolleyes.gif I 'm joining a swimming club mind yi ah canny swim but ah've goat some nice cossies so might as well look the part, it begins next thursday night an its a LADIES ONLY CLASS so nae wise cracks aw you'se that ur sniggerin , yi never know ah might conquer ma fear o watter an finish up an olympic champion. Oh anither thing its no an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini either. Lee wisnae too bad aboot the room , but then he's no fun oot yet jist whits been binned. Och am ravin oan here like a demented wummin an thats no ma style , but it is chit chat an thats whit am daen . Is therr onybody therr listenin tae me
betty2

still in glesca
August26
WTG Betty laugh.gif
Catherine
Gaun yersel betty....ah keep sayin ahm goin tae take up the swimmin masel an never get roon tae it...ah kin swim nae bother in a swimmin pool but as soon as ah cannae see the bottom ah turn intae a very heavy brick.
It's why ah don't swim in the lake, cripes ye never no whits lurkin...an waitin..jist fur me laugh.gif

Poor Lee...ahv been Lee...cannae move fur laughin here. Takes me back so it dis.

Did ah ever tell ye's the time oor Joanne threw oot ma troosers, cream wans...cos ahd left them at the bottom of ma bed an she didnae like it....Couldnae find them fur three weeks an finally she piped up, Aye, they're oot the back, telt ye ahd dae it if ye didnae hing them up.
Ahd wore them wance an aw...cripes she wis a witch when ah look back..
Isobel
Just tell me Catherine did it work. Do you hang them up now. Maybe thats what a should do with ma Joannes, she hangs nothing up. The other daughter is so tidy .
Isobel
Hey Betty thats what a do all winter . Its on a Thursday morning its water exercise to music. Some of the ladies don't swim. But its great fun. Last fall we had an instructor who played Elvis all the time, boy you should have heard us all singing in the pool/ biggrin.gif
Catherine
Sure it worked Isobel, she goat the fight she'd be askin fur ana goat pummult..BUT....ah went doon fightin!!
Ahd tae throw the troosers back oot, three weeks a rain in a coarner of the back green in the middle a winter.
It's wan of thae stories we try no tae talk aboot...twenty five year later ah could punch her lights oot aw ower again , y'no!! laugh.gif
tammy
Isobel, I am still laughing about the pillow! LOL!

Betty, good for you joining swimming class! I think you're very brave! And when Lee asks where his missing things from the floor went too, play stupid and look all innocent and say "how would I know? that room is such a mess it's no wonder you can't find anything!" That's what I do with my daughters! LOL! I have no idea how they can live like such slobs. If I was to throw out clothes that were laying on the floor, they'd run around naked! They hate when I clean their rooms though! Never know what I might find!!! Hmmm? I'm thinking a good sweep is what's in order.

Catherine, I can just see you now getting all riled up thinking about those pants! LOL! Breathe and go to your happy place! LOL!

Melody, I wouldn't leave you pal. I had to do those errands I told you about and I just finished cleaning while everyone is out...my Mother In-law is coming...can't have any mess! And I just made some scones with rasberries in them and some banana oatmeal muffins to go with our tea.

Ah Marion, your poor back. Make sure you take your medicine and rest. Nice warm baths and soothing music. I'm thinking candles, and maybe a nice glass of wine too! Don't worry about teh cleaning, I'll do it..jeesh you'd think my real name was CINDERELLA, the way you lot all party and leave messes! I'm going to give it a quick once over and then I'm up for my tea and bed. Have to work tomorrow. Does it ever end? lol! Only a week and a half until I leave! That's what will get me through the cleaning! Byt the time I get home from work tomorrw, I'll have a fullhouse, in-laws, brother in-law, their wee dog, my youngest comes home! God it will be a mad house and you'll never know I did ANY cleaning! LOL! Ah well....I'm glad everyone is back in Betty's wee house! Mind the crumbs though! I left the broom in the corner! wub.gif
Marion Dougan
Tammy like I said, ye dae a rerr joab, an it gies oor Melody a wee brek so it diz. Ma back is gettin better, so it's wine time it happy hoor,wtg right? Am gonna take the curtains doon an wash them, that Catherine wis in here, drinkin the rid biddy AGAIN splashed it oan the terelene, right so a canny spell it. Where is Gemini ? no seen her in a wee while, hae a cuppa then go tae the shoaps, see ya
jimmyd
Right ,I have been determined to catch up with you guys, in the North.3am here in NSW,an no a bugger aboot,whit can ah day,wheres Melody ,Betty ,Catherine ,Marion ,Isobel Etc.Ach well !! will just have to stagger aff tae bed.For some reason tonight I am hyper,sleep does not come into the equation.Sister rang me this am ,to say my nephew had died,cancer.I only met the boy twice,and can't relate,yet feel I should be grieving,but I feel more for my sister and her husaband,and their loss.Very confused I am.
Melody
That's a strange one to deal with Jimmy, the loss of a young relative that you hardly knew yet instinctively love for being the person that they were. Ach Jimmy, it's a strange auld life is it no? What can I say, God Bless and Rest him Jimmy. It's only natural how you are feeling. Take Care Crocodile Dundee. wub.gif
Catherine
Och Jimmy I'm so sorry, that's very sad. As Jo says, ye love them jist because of who they are, whether ye no them truly or not...and yer poor sister and husband.
I've no been able to get on today, every time I tried to reply somewhere I got bumped aff...but you rest assurred we're never that far away pal. xxxx
thistle46
Guid fer you Betty - nae a demented bit about you - you gals are all so positive - swimming sounds like a great idea - will keep in mind when eventually a git to retire lol

Marion - good your back is getting better - imagine that Catherine wi her white wine on your good terelene (now there's a word from the past -remember sewing with crimpeline and terelene) lol

Tammy - the "play stupid thing" works for me too unless the junk police get to green garbage bag before I hide them.

Enjoyin yer wee hoose tongue.gif
jimmyd
Ach !!thanks Pals ,mibbee thats whit ah needed ,some comfort of special people aroon me,no lookin for sympathy here.Guess you get this feeling of,being so far away,an no being able to comfort the family ,during their loss.Mind you ,the young man was only in his 40s,makes you appreciate,just how lucky we are,to be still alive.
Melody
Betty and myself and a few others are here in Glasgow Jimmy, so that means yer no really so far away at all!
Catherine
So true Jimmy, funny how we werr jist talkin about that surreal feelin the ither night therr eh, wherr yer no involved in the grievin wae everyone around ye, and how it leaves ye feelin displaced in a way. Here ahv jist had a treat fae wee mags, ah'll get her tae send ye it if she's no awready...that'll help ye pet, haud oan ah'll go check space an see if she's burlin aboot laugh.gif
thistle46
So sorry Jimmy - my previous post was sitting on my screen before I sent and didn't refresh - didn't mean to be insensitive so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear nephew - 40 is still young.

We are thinking of you.

Thistle
Catherine
Thistle that happens tae me a million times an aw...Ah think everywan knows when it happens, ye jist need tae either edit yer post or wait the 180 seconds again...dam thae 180 seconds eh laugh.gif
wee mags
Jimmy sorry to hear of your nephews death ,you dont have to know them to feel the loss I hope your sister and her husband are okay .and by the way mrs Canada I had already sent it to him biggrin.gif take care jimmy my thoughts and prayers are with you
jimmyd
Thanks guys,was just feeling a wee bit doon ,ye know how it is.Mags that wee video was a cracker,she is a darlin wean. wink.gif
Isobel
Jimmy just reading over the previous posts . So sorry for the loss. Yes 40 is way to young. Did he have a family of his own? If so they will be pretty young. Now thats really sad. I will say a wee prayer for your sister and her family . Take care Jimmy.
Isobel
I was feeling a wee bit doon myself this morning , went into the chat room but nobody there. A feel like nobodys child. Waiting to hear some word on my mother in laws condition. She has an inoperable brain tumor. The other day she had a full body scan to see if the cancer was in any other part of the body. Just cant believe how long it is taking the doctors to give Jack my father in law some information. They had arranged to have her put into a convalecent home where they live in Exmouth. Now they say she cant go there. Its very frustrating when you are not there.They dont want us to come over . I offered because I am not working and I could perhaps help out. However they want us to wait till they know themselves what is going to be done. I just would like to be there to get them organised. Oh I am going on here , sorry if I am boring you all. Its just good to get it off your chest. Catch you all later . May drop in for a wee cup of tea and one of your scones Melody . Dont let betty and the rest of them eat them all.save on for me. To hell with the diet.
Marg
Sorry to hear of you and your sister's family's lose Jimmy take care
Marion Dougan
Jimmy sorry to hear about your nephew. Isobel sorry about your mum in law, keep us posted. Our thoughts are with you all.
Melody
Isobel I'm in now, tea and scones ready when you are pal. I can understand reading Jimmy's and your post Isobel just how awful it must feel to be so far away in times of trouble and sadness. Although the truth of the matter is that you probably could do very little anyway supposing you were here. Then again it's so understandable that you would want to be near at hand.
I was talking to a lady this morning a neighbour who is suffering like your father-in-law must be at the minute Isobel and I said to my husband, I wish I could do or say something that would help her at this time. Other than listen to her there was very little that I can think of that would help her. Just so sad at times.
jimmyd
Melody you have hit the nail on the head,it is this feeling of being so far away.Yet could we change the situation,if we were there,I think not.It is indeed a comfort to know, that we can come on here among friends ,and let ourselves go.Isobel I know exactly how you are feeling,I guess powerless is the the term,one should use.Betty 2,your wee hoose ,is a place of comfort and warmth,a tribute to your good self pet.I find peace in here.!!!!!!
Marion Dougan
Hi, where is everybody, came in fur a quick cuppa, nabuddy hame. Melody must be spending her money in the toon. Betty well it's near 7pm therr, so she is oot oan the toon. Tammy will be packing, Catherine's it the Cottage. Jimmy D where did you go? A canny sing in here kin a?? come oan sombiody stoap by, there's wan scone left an am sinkin ma teeth intae it mm mmm good rolleyes.gif
tammy
Wait a wee minute! I'm sure that last scone was for me! Boy you go to work steady for 2 days and the first breakyou get everyone's eating all the scones! Only 11 more days to go! I'm thinking I'm behind now! I'm more worried that I won't be back to my healthy self before we leave. Me, who never gets anything got Strep Throat! Must be from one of those patients...imagine the sickies passing it on! My partner said she had it 2 weeks ago, so she knows how I feel. Last night I had laryngitis..I think my husband loved that! Bugger that he is! Jimmy sorry for your loss, it can be hard, but your sister knows you're there if she needs you. Isobel, be brave and you'll go when they are ready. It's hard on them both, the not knowing and being so independent for so long. It's hard to accept help sometimes. We were just convincing a patient today that he needs to let some home care come to his house...he said he hated to give up his independence. He has cancer and recently lost his wife, so it's got to be hard for him. They feel like they are losing control and want to do as much for themselves for as long as they can. They'll tell you when they're ready. I think today I'lll take a break from all the cleaning, this strep throat tires you out. mellow.gif
tammy
You see, I come back in and no scones! You ate them all and left crumbs everywhere! I tell ya...Betty's gonna see them and shake her head at the mess! I'll just settle in and chew on some ice cubes for my sore throat and see if anyone comes in for a visit. Honest, I had a shower...a person could get a complex. Oh well, I can't stand the mess, I'll just sweep them up quick. There's that's better. Put the kettle on if anyone is looking. Maybe I should make some margaritas. That would soothe a sore throat? Melody? Catherine? What flavour? Glassses are ready for ya! tongue.gif
AmazingGrace
Isobel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know from personal experience as lots of us do when living so far away from home and loved ones, how hard it is when something like this happens. My own personal advice to you is if you feel you want to go home then go because, and I am sorry to have to put it so bluntly, if you dont get home on time then it will take a very long time to come to terms that you never got to say goodbye. Do what you feel is right in your heart. Much love and thinking of you at this sad time.

Grace wub.gif
jimmyd
Ach !! Tammy,forget oor moans and groans,being a nurse you are used to that, am sure.Look ahead is what I say ,envy you,your trip to the dear Green place,an thats no cause I am a Tic fan.Friend of mine from BC,has been on holiday in Glasgow,she went with a Glasgow girl{use that term, with tongue in cheek,her girl friend, is in my age bracket,21 !!!!"}Anyway ,she is blown away ,with the hospitality of the Glesga folk,have shown her .I know you will love it Tammy ,just 1 wee request,make like the Pope ,and bend doon and kiss Argyle St for me please !!!! biggrin.gif
AmazingGrace
JimmyD, dont know how long ago you were last in Argyle Stree; for me it was May last year and I was so disappointed when I went on a walk through history. Arnott Simpsons is not there, Lewis's is now Debenhams so no more giant jelly beans like my Dad used to get me when we went into town on the blue trains on a Saturday morning and it was very dirty but worst of all St Enoch's Square is now a shopping Mall Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, but I still love to go back up and see Glasgow when I am home anytime. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.