Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Aw thanks Grace ah see a hud wan pal then that never went away an left me in masel....as fur you Jimmyd, where dae ye think you've been, away wi crocodiles in the name, don't bring any tae Glesga wi ye we've got enough sharks here as it is! laugh.gif
I don't suppose there were any caramel wafers where ye were, ah saw hundreds yesterday in a cafe in Exchange Square and caramel logs as well, I thought instantly' JimmyD' where are ye now!
Isobel
Oh dear is there enough tea in the pot for another wee cup . A feel a need a pick me up , feeling low today . Maybe its all this negative stuff going on now on the board, A really hate it all, and a just had a call from England ,my mother-in- law had a stroke last night. Just a real bad day .
Melody
C'mon sit doon Isobel, there's yer tea, ah'm feeling the same right enough, I'm so sorry about your mother in law, I hope she is better soon. Sometimes things just get you down, never mind things will pick up soon. smile.gif
Isobel
Thanks Melody ,you make a good cup ,next time put two sugars in.
Melody
Isobel you help yersel hen as many sugars as ye like, ah'm still fed up are you? sad.gif
Isobel
No I'm feeling a little better . I just got off the phone with Catherine,she can cheer anyone up. Now I have to go make supper . Oh lord what to make , maybe just throw something on the BBQ.come on over and join us ,there's plenty for everyone.
Catherine
Aye Isobel, whilst you an I were gabbin, good auld Geoffs been pullin oot weeds oot the back, nice tae see him workin....{sbeen a while}
Afore ye's run tae his aid, he's been oot aw mornin playin golf so keep the sympathy level doon.

Melody, it's a holiday here the day, Canada 1st is Canada day {wur burfday} so lets saunter nonchalantly hen an open up that bar...Hoi mags moan in an ah'll make ye a Ceasar pet....Isobel we like wur steaks well done hen...mind waash yer hauns afore ye start the barbie laugh.gif
Melody
Aw right Catherine ah'll be nonchalant if you will, ah think there's no many in this bar anyhow naebudy'll notice us! Who's got the key o the bar, ah'm no climbin' up again! sad.gif where's the rest o them?
Isobel
Ok just firing up the BBQ. now. I just had a call from my father in law Margaret has a shadow on the brain caused by a swelling and tomorrow they are going to do an MRI . Have you ever heard of anything like this?
Isobel
By the way mine's a rum and coke , and I need one. My hands are dirty Catherine so what you saying you will pass.
Isobel
Duty calls, must go do my part, salad,ha ha . Oh I love BBQ DAYS.
Catherine
Thur aw sneakin roon the coarner kiddin oan they're no readin here laugh.gif
Haud oan an ah'll dae wan of ma Alimpic jumps...there ye go...nae bother....you pour pet while ah gie the carpets a thump ootside....rids me of ma angst {wow, check oot THAT word haha!}
AmazingGrace
Oh dear, can I come in as well. I should be really on cloud 9 as I am going to the airport to pick Richard up tomorrow morning but I am feeling really down. I have not heard from my sister or brother since I was home last September and now they hear I am back I have been summoned as there are a lot of things they need to talk to me about our Dad as he is not so happy and rightly so since my Mum died. With all the best will in the world it must be so hard to keep going after you lose your life long friend and partner. I just dont know why the only time I hear from them is when something is wrong. Maybe a wee brandy and lemonade would go down a treat unsure.gif
Catherine
Sit doon Grace, here's a big wan pet jist for you, and nice tae see ye. Try no an worry....ye'll hear soon enuf and I hope it's no as bad as ye fear...yer back up will arrive the morra so ye'v that to enjoy. Keep the heid up pet.

Isobel, ah didnae say ah didnae waant yer chuck hen...ah'll jist no look at yer dirty hauns, so keep cookin , hows that rum an coke goin doon laugh.gif
tammy
Is it possible to get a cup of coffee? Just starting nightshift and I'm very tired. Should be interesting tonight! wink.gif
Catherine
Ye'v nae idea Tammy...Dis anywan no if cell phones dry oot after bein submerged???

Ah wis jist tellin ma pal therr, tidyin up here an fun geoffs cell phone oan the dinin room table..in temper ah threw it doon the sterrs tae put intae the bag ahm packin fur the cottage the morra, meanwhile swerrin like a trooper an callin him aw the lazy gets of the day.
Ah didnae realise ma basement toilet door wis open, which is right at the foot of the sterrs. Next thing ah hears the splash, an in the same instant ah goat a mental picture of Geoff leavin the day wae his cell phone in his haun....Ah threw ma AIN cell phone laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine..LOL! Maybe no more coffee fo ryou! LOL! Not sure if it will work when it dries out. You sure have become an East Coaster though...off to the "cabin" for the weekend! LOL! Careful you don't fall into the lake! Only 2 more weeks or so until we leave for Glasgow! Very exited! tongue.gif
Catherine
Nae fear a me fawin intae the lake Tammy...ah plant masel firmly oan the dock pal trust me...Scottish throo an throo laugh.gif

Cripes ah cannae believe ye'v jist two weeks tae go, wherr is it yer headin for again in the toon? Ahv spoken wae a few this week fae home, seems ye better hae yer brolly, Marg broat aw the guid weather back wae her it seems cos we're havin a nice wee heatwave at last.
AmazingGrace
Catherine, if its any consulation when Richard was in KL before I got there he tripped going home one night, (thats his version of it) and his h/p went down a drain. He managed to get it out and it dried out and still worked(it was an office phone) but after a little while it started having a life of its own. Time will tell. It was great yesterday as we had Steffy and Neil(the baby is fully engaged so not long now) and Jen, Scott and Daniel home and of course Richard so "The Gang's all Here". Nana and Grandad babysat last night and today we are going swimming with Daniel. Tomorrow the 7 of us are all going to see Shrek 2. Isnt it great when everyone's around. Scotty thank you so much for your re-assuring words and the lovely email card for our anniversary on the 27th (30 years). Have a lovely time at "The Cabin" Catherine. Sounds like a line from Bold and The Beautiful, sorry to say I was a sit down at 3pm with a cup of tea and catch up with the Forresters when I was in KL. Talk to you soon, have a date with two gorgeous fellas for breakfast before we go swimming. wub.gif
tammy
Catherine,

I hope any and all rain is all gone by the time we get there! I think we will start in Castlemilk...not sure where else? Relatives are all spread out. We leave on July 20th! Only 18 more days to go! YAY! Did you know it was a full moon tonight? Jeesh, no ownder we've been run off our feet tonight! First time back and it's after midnight! Time for a little nap!
jimmyd
Puts a whole new meanin oan the,she talks a load a sh.t,when your on the Cell eh Catherine lol,yer mooths aw broon an at!!! Dropped mine in the water when took the wee grandson fishin one day."use Mums hair dryer to fix it Papa " he says.So tae humour him ah did ,bliddy thing is still going strong.Mind you I was that excited about the 4 foot,fish a caught ,and was trying to ring his Daddy tae brag.Well it was no really 4 feet,but it could of been,couldn't it.
biggrin.gif
Melody
Hi ya Jimmy smile.gif have you came hame for a rest? Ah;ll make ye a cup o tea when ah come back fae the shops, put yer feet up, don't know where that Betty is as usual!
Isobel
Hey Tammy, am sure the sun will be shinning for you .Does it really matter you will be on Scottish soil have all your family and friends and it will seem like the sun is shinning.Where are you located in Canada?
Amazing grace you mention the Bold and the Beautiful, I watch it most days big favourite of mine.
tammy
Hi Isobel...We're in Vancouver BC...well sort of. I won't really care if it rains, but it sure would be a lot more fun if it didn't! I plan on doing a lot of walking about and would rather not get soaked. I get soaked enough at work and we definately get our fair share of rain here! Except lately, it's been bloody hot! Another crazy Saturday night at work. IS Betty in? Haven't seen her in awhile. I just did up the dishes you lot left in teh sink after your night of boozin! I'll give the stairs a quick once over too before I go. sleep.gif
AmazingGrace
Isabel, I am glad to hear that someone else watches BB. My husband Richard takes the micky coz it is so cheezy but hey its a bit of escapism. Only problem is when I left it Taylor was still being kept prisoner by "I just want Ridge's Baby" so I have a lot to catch up on. I hope they bring it back somewhere on UK tv. The good thing is no matter where you left off you can always pick it up again and there is also the official website tongue.gif
Melody
sad.gif Jist like me desperate to party and there's naebudy in ! I'll jist sing and dance tae masel as usual. Ach well I'm happy, jist leave me!
Isobel
Hi Melody ,just popped in ta say hello, Anne I wonder if you are at the same part as us. Logan has just had Ridges baby. He broke up her wedding to Nick. Thats where we are at the moment. Sorry this is one of my favourite afternoon soaps.
jimmyd
When I was up in Darwin,my daughter was bemoaning the fact,that she can't see her favourite soap anymore.Think it was that one, the B&B.I saw this magazine in the newsagents,was all about the goings on in the soaps.Bought it for her ,should have heard the, ooh's!! and ah's!! ,and, the bitch !!!,oh he is a ratbag,etc.Hell !! and you talk about us guys and sport Isobel. biggrin.gif
Isobel
Hey Jimmy mine is a half hour show once a day. Take today ,it started with the tennis from Wimlbeldon, that ended then the big game started. Did you know Greece won?
Melody
Where's Betty? smile.gif
betty2
Here i am melody canny get near this room since school came out, this seems tae be the place wherr they (Lee's pals) aw want tae hang out . Gonny stoap puttin oan the daily snacks an mibby they'll go somewherr else rolleyes.gif Jist kiddin they're a real nice bunch o boys wae may i add healthy appetites.

betty2 still in glesca
Catherine
Jist as well yer stinkin rich betty laugh.gif
Nice tae see ye pet, ah done the sterrs an cleant oot the ashes fae the fire, turnt back the bed claes an hung oot the waashin...noo ahm away tae make the cornt beef pie in the ashit pan, {it's Monday} layer a beans, corn beef then mashed pataetas, rapeat this till ye run oot...gless a milk is the finest accompianment tae this dish, ah'll away make sure we'v goat some..
Melody
We better get in here oot the road ur we'll get intae bother Nurse Hatchit! laugh.gif Huv ye got a uniform?
Catherine
Huv ah goat a uniform??? Dis a bear poopydoo in the woods???
Aw naw....quick, the pictchurs comin back... laugh.gif
Melody
It's away noo, think aboot fairies and Prada shoes!
Catherine
Here ahm makin bananana muffins Melody, waant wan when thur ready?...Good binders bananananas so they ur laugh.gif
Quick, tell me aboot the shoes again, love that story..hurry up hen..
Melody
They were red patent leather. no flat but jist a wee heel, tae die fur. Sheer class, wonder if they're still there. C'mon we'll be Miss Marple and Jessica Fletcher, here huv ye read The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, it's good. Jist think that could be us! We've got all the gear. cool.gif
Melody
Noo these banana muffins dae they come oot a box or dae ye mean yer actually makin' them wi flour and butter and sugar and bananas?
Catherine
If yer still waantin them pet then lets go... hi ho...wait tae aboot aleven the night an we'll raview the situation, go an pick a shoeloak or two...YES...wull go an pick a shoe loak or two laugh.gif

Ah could put oan ma ghurka hat, balend in kinda, you still goat yours?

Auld family recipe Melody...Jist add waater...
Melody
Sure how could ah part wi that Catherine, ah've got all ma outfits to hand here. laugh.gif
Melody
Right keep us a muffin, mind you is that no the boys favourites, ye'll need tae hide wan fur me! See if ah'm sleepin' at eleven jist leave it on the bedside table an I'll get it in the mornin' laugh.gif Yer a pal!
Catherine
Right, let me get this straight Melody, ah'll swim the three thoosant odd miles ower, dry oot ma kirbygrip Loakpicker, then praceed aw ower the toon tae look fur a Prada shoap, brekk the loak an pick up yer wee rid shoes..THEN...draap them aff at yer bedside table alang wae a bananana muffin....Nae bother pet, see ye in a few hoors laugh.gif
Melody
My but yer the bestest pal in the whole world so ye ur, ah mean who else wid dae that fur wee me, noo mind and rub yersel doon wi that goosefat stuff jist before ye get intae the watter, oh and mind yer goggles fae the last time. Noo is there anythin' else....naw ah think that's it..except try tae keep the banana muffin dry if ye kin..I'll leave the lobby light in fur ye! laugh.gif
tammy
Melody, I make my muffins from scratch...I'll whip you some up..no worries. I make great muffins! Do you want some chocolate in them or maybe some blueberries? I'll leave the rest of the private eye stuff to Catherine, I'm too clumsy..probably make a bunch of noise and get caught!

Betty, those stairs must be sparklin! We've all been cleaning them! LOL! wub.gif
Catherine
Oh ah get caught aw the time Tammy....ah jist escape, BIGSMILE!!

Didnae like the sound of that goosefat....GOOSEFAT???? Cripes gie ye the bolk, ah'll pass....as luck wid huv it ahv ma ain fat , knew it wid come in handy at wan point...swhy a hing oan tae it laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine...LOL! I can relate! Only 16 more days to go! I've got chocoalte shops to see and hair salons to shop at..places to have a drink when I'm done! I don't kow what the rest of them are going to do! LOL!
Catherine
They'll find somethin, you dae whit ye have tae pet....it's no easy...ah no.. laugh.gif
Wherr ye gettin yer herr done? Ah used tae go tae Kramers {Martin wis his name, done a great job} but that wis neons ago, wis jist up fae British Homestores then.
Melody
Tammy have a great time, enjoy every minute and I hope the children have a marvelous time. Did ye hear Catherine aboot the goosefat.....funny ah knew that would put her right off......but ah hud tae keep her right in case she caught a cold in aw that watter!
Nae banana muffins waitin' this morning! S'pose ah could get her a wee wetsuit laugh.gif Morning all!
betty2
Huvnae a clue whit 's gawn oan in here , goosefat , banana muffins an rid patent shoes? but there must be a reasonable explinashun there somewherr rolleyes.gif .Sterrs aw nice ,n, clean daen a rerr joab therr. Noo ah'll no be in the night meetin up wae Heather fur a wee drink and chat in wan o the local bar's here in baillieston, is'nt that nice anither mini meet lookin forward tae it . An jessie ah'll be takin the photo o me an marion wae melody's fireman, an ah'll fill her in wae aw the fun we had therr. Goosefat an banana muffins?????? still dont get it but knowin they two it must make sense ha ha ha
betty2

still in glesca
Melody
Betty, it's well seen that you know us! It's starts off wi a wee bit o sense and then deteriorates rapidly. Main thing is we follow it nae bother at aw! laugh.gif sometimes!!! Have a great time wi Heather. Mind an come hame the same day as ye went oot!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.