Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Ach aw right well...see you lot, drink and chocolates, whit next? laugh.gif
tammy
foot rubs from firemen! wink.gif
Melody
ohmy.gif
tammy
Melody..we better tidy this place up before Betty comes home and see the state of it after our night of Margaritas and chocolate!
Melody
ohmy.gif Ok, you dust and hoover, ah'll do the kitchen and bathroom mind hide any evidence of wine, chocolates and partyin',
it's great tae huv a helper fur a change, see that other lot they don't bother thersels!
tammy
right! I'll start with the hoovering and then let the dust settle and tackle that! Aye, I know...that Catherine, she's not holding up her end of the cleaning! Found her bottles tucked under the bed! Betty will never recognize the place when we finish! Better get back to it!
Heather
Oh my, the house is looking nice, you two certainly worked hard. I would have helped out, but was feeling under the weather after all those margaritas and chocolates. hmmmm......is there any left. rolleyes.gif
tammy
No worries Heather, you sit back and rest yourself. You can do it next time. The place is sparklin'...especially that bathroom! Sorry we only have tea and coffee now. Can I get you a cup? By the way...I'm still waiting on those scones!
tammy
Knock. knock! Hellooooo Betty are you home???? Ah must be restin from her trip. I'll just put the kettle on......
Marion Dougan
HiMelody and Tammy, am here, jist hud a wee nap, a made up the bed again. Melody makesa wee cuppa hen. Oh the hoose luks great, Betty will be aw pleased when she comes hame, Where's wee Mags, she's no been oan aw day, Hi Mags are you uwer oor wee visit hen??
Melody
Hi ya Marion, tea's oan! Wonder if Mags has recovered right enough, she'll feel she has a quiet hoose noo. smile.gif
Marion Dougan
Melody we have a smashing pic. for you, August has a son who is with the fire dept. He kindly let us take his pic. handsome guy, you will love him. Catherine a kept cawin August Barbara, a wondered why she didnae answer me, a couldnae git it right aw night. Noo a know her name is AUGUST26 COMMON GLESCA NAME SO IT IS laugh.gif
Melody
Marion, did Betty tell ye about the night in the theatre she kept shouting on me Melody, Melody, whit a laugh, folk must have thought ah wis awfy posh!! laugh.gif
tammy
Melody and Marion...I'm back. We were out on a call. Ho'w the tea? As my Mother In-law would say " I could murder a cup"! LOL! I'm surprised everyone isn't tucked away in their beds resting after all that wild partying. Of course...Melody, Heather and I were PROPER LADIES, just sitting around having our tea with a few chocolates. smile.gif
August26
Hey Marion:
I know people called January, April, May & June, so what's wrong with August, good Glaswegian name tongue.gif

August
August26
Tammy:
I know you weren't eating my chocolates, Betty & Marion brought the proper entrance fee to get through my front door, crunchie bars, and Betty also brought Cadbury's Black Magic chocolate, wow, memories, that's what Heather paid me to babysit when I was knee high to a grasshopper, anyway Tammy, I hid all the chocolate tongue.gif

August
Marion Dougan
Hi August, a know yer names Barbara laugh.gif
Heather
It was reported in the newspapers at the weekend that a Glasgow couple have named their son "Glasgow". His full name is, Glasgow McKenzie. His parents consider it a good Scottish name. I feel sorry for the child and can just imagine the ridicule he will have to put up with when he goes to school.

Sis
So that was what your brother-in-law slipped into his pocket before walking you to the bus stop. A box of chocolates. Questions will be asked about this. wink.gif

Tell Tommy I was thinking about him the other day when I was in Woolworths( or the Big W as it is now known) I bought a selection of chocolates and had Raspberry Ruffles among them.

Marion, is August posing as me. lol
Isobel
Talking of names,one of my neighbours has a little boy called Aberdeen. Guess what , they are Korean.She could not believe I did'nt know any unsure.gif other child with the same name.
tammy
I have a friend named September...seriously!
tammy
Betty where are you? I came in to hear all about your exciting trip. Ah well, you must still be restin. I put some flowers in a vase from my garden..they smell nice.

August, we found the chocolates! Very good..went well with our margaritias! We were having our own celebration since we weren't at wee mags!
Heather
Better hide the margaritas before Betty2 gets home, I think she has had enough of the demon drink. wub.gif

We better make sure there is plenty tea & coffee. I left her a packet of Solpadeine Plus as I think she will need it after all that partying.

Hope she makes it to the Airport????????????????????????
tammy
Heather no need to worry...Melody and I finished the margaritas a long time ago! Only tea left now! Did you sweep the stairs, you know how particular Betty is about them. LOL! wink.gif
Heather
Tammy, not only did I sweep the stairs I even swept the pavement. After that I washed, starched and rehung the curtains. laugh.gif
jimmyd
Heres a wee Pic for your wall Betty,have been here for a wee visit, GG is not the only place ,where you will find a thing of beauty and splendour named Catherine. This is the Katherine Gorge,in Northern Territory.Must tell you, said to my daughter ,can I take the wee man to the beach.Aye if you don,t mind Crocodiles,she replies.So sauny pond, at the play park won it!!! biggrin.gif
tammy
jimmyd,

I bet Betty will love that photo on her wall. So beautiful to look at!

Heather , you can come to my house and clean anytime! I'm sure Betty will really appreciate the curtains being done! biggrin.gif
wee mags
good mornin Melody are you gonnae put the kettle on?
wink.gif
Melody
Aw Mags ma pal whit are ye daein' here at this time? I'm struggling to face another day here. Only about 13 daqys to go till the holidays! laugh.gif
tammy
Melody..where you going?
betty2
Hi honey's am hame biggrin.gif lovely picter jimmy it'll go up oan the wa as soon as melody gewts in fae school, thanks tae aw you fine ladies who kept the hame fires burnin in here whilst ah wis awayNoo jimmy yir no a bad chanter yi nearly hud us aw greetin wae yir wee song oan the video, but yi wur well toasted. Noo right at this minute am knackered so if ony o you'se come in tip toe in yir stockin feet cos am gawn fur a sleep. Melody see since last tuesday ah've crossed the clyde the atlantic the hudson an the delaware an never goat ma feet wet wance talk efter too tired
betty2
Isobel
Jimmy can you or some of the others please explain to me in simple terms how to post a picture on the boards.I dont have any problems e-mailing them just cant post them here
unsure.gif
Catherine
Isobel, Try openin up yer pictures file, then click browse on the reply post part, then double click on the picture ye want and it will come up in writing in the browse space.....then ye jist hit reply the way ye normally do after ye'v typed yer post......Archie has given the date of when Martin posted about the downsizin question in the USA Meet...so go check that out awright.
Good luck pet.

Well ahv jist had a phone call, ma wee boy ah took care of since he wis a day auld tae when he wis seven...and is still a huge part of our lives along with the rest of his family....is gettin a special award the morra at his Graduation.
His dad phoned cos it will be a surprise for the wee darlin, so ah'll be there wae bells oan..ahm SO PROUD of him.
He's jist turned fourteen, has an older brother and sister who are very academically blessed, wheras he's had a tougher time tryin tae keep up wae things only because his learnin patterns take a different course in understanding certain areas.
Many a time we've tried tae quell his disapointments when it's been necessary to bring private tutors in, encouragin him an tellin him he is jist as great at the learnin as others, and it's no shame to have to work harder sometimes wae a bitta extra help.
He's worked like a wee trojan the last year to pass this Graduation, so even if the special award is that he goat tae school five minutes earlier afore lunchtime every mornin ah'll STILL be burstin wae pride for him.
Oh somebudy get me a splash...ahm aw verklempt!!...an THRILLED laugh.gif
Marion Dougan
Grrreat news Catherine, enjoy the day!!
Catherine
Marion, his mums in Geneva studyin, so ah widnae miss this for the world...they've always been like ma ain weans, ahv been their legal guardian for years an years, way afore Geoff, an that wis always a stipulation early oan in the datin...If anythin happens tae the parents they're mine...so yer either in or oot but it willnae change where the weans staun.
Ah THINK ah lucked oot when he said nae bother... laugh.gif

Hoi love the pramotion Looby..gaun yersel hen!! Suits ye, ye look smashin!!!!
Melody
Catherine I'm so happy for you, what a wonderful achievement for you as well as the child. I'm so proud of you to have the courage to observe such a responsibilty as to consider taking on another's children. Hopefully circumstances would never make it necessary, however those children could never wish for a better or more caring person to assume a parental role for them should ever the need arise. God Bless. Yer a wee smasher,........................................... when yer sleepin'! laugh.gif
thistle46
Ditto Melody's remarks - it just sounds so Catherine as the kids would say.

These children are truly blessed to have a caregiver like you.

Have a wonderful time at the graduation.

Thistle
Melody
Oh we should'nae huv telt her Thistle.....they'll be nae livin wi her again! laugh.gif
Catherine
Oh ah kin live wae it Melody laugh.gif

Thanks for yer kind comments guys, but ahm the lucky wan havin THEM in ma life believe you me.
Ahv been goin aboot greetin aw day, cannae believe his first Graduation is upon him, wee daarlin so he is.
wee mags
Betty you also crossed the Yankee Doodle Bridge ,it took you over the Norwalk River to get tae ma hoose,and yae never got yir feet wet there either biggrin.gif
August26
Catherine:
What a great story, sounds like the conversation we had on our trip home to New Jersey, if you remember? our son worked very hard for every grade he got, but you know what, he has more common sense than his sisters and brother who are academically gifted, so enjoy the graduation with great pride, your such a good person.

August
tammy
Catherine...Enjoy! But, maybe keep your knickers on at this function! LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist...I can just imagine all the fun you all had at wee mags! laugh.gif
Catherine
laugh.gif ..ahm no gaun near that wan Tammy!

betty, yer feet wur that busy ye didnae hit the grun faur less waater...Ah always say the sign of a guid night oot is yer deid fae the feet up the next day....we hud a guid night oot!! FUR SURE!!!

Yes August, funny how wee coincidences bring stories the gither right enuf eh! Thanks for yer kind words.
Gemini
ditto frae me tae hen but knowing you speaks fur itsel by the way did you leave a pair of sunglasses at mah hoose Sunday you are the only one unless joaby boaby left them but ah think he wis wearing his driving tae CT. cool.gif
Marion Dougan
No Joaby Boaby's glesses Ria, must be Catherines
betty2
Am still playin catch up here done nowt but sleep fae ah came hame huvnae even hud a drink oan scottish soil yet, but this ah'll rectify the night (its ladies night out)
catherine that was a lovely story about you' being asked to attend the graduation of you're friend but in knowing you personally Ican understand why, you are a lovely person and this i'm sure is echoed by all who have had the pleasure of meeting you
betty2
marion's vice-president rolleyes.gif
tammy
Welcome back Betty...glad to hear you had a great time and have now rested up! Just dropped by for a cup of tea. I think the mice must haven't gotten to those scones, because I never did find them! Not even a crumb! mellow.gif
Catherine
Thanks guys, ditto tae yersels biggrin.gif

Well ma boy picked up TWO awards....Public Speakin an Geography....ye could huv picked him up aff the flerr he wis that surprised...an boy wis he chuffed!!
The tears werr runnin doon wur cheeks, he wis absolutely beautiful. Words don't express the love an pride we felt.

Here we are..
Isobel
Thats a great picture Caatherine. Nice wee boy. Betty glad you enjoyed your trip . Was that your first time in the states?
wee mags
Catherine that was a very nice story ,see yir awe right at times biggrin.gif
August26
Catherine:
Great picture, you do look quite proud of him rolleyes.gif

August
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.