Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
tammy
Melody I'm sure your scones are lovely! I could really do with one with my coffee! rolleyes.gif
Melody
Tammy, don't tell Catherine but the secret of good scones is buttermilk, can ye come back the moora, I'll have them ready for ye! Bet she's away lookin up a receipe fur them! don't tell her mind! laugh.gif
tammy
Melody I'll try for sure if it's warm scones you're offering! Yum.
Melody
Absolutely Tammy straight from the oven to the table! Ye can bring yer partner an any passin' fireman ye happen tae meet! laugh.gif The fireman has tae have his hat oan mind, there nae good withoot the hat! If ye've got a fireman wi ye, gie me an hours notice tae get the lippy oan! ok?
tammy
Sorry Melody..you'll have to find your own fireman. We don't work with them here and for us they are just a nuisance! If they show up on our calls we cancel them..dead useless! I guess some are nice to look at, but that's it. Too full of themselves! Told one once, he ruined by talking. LOL! sleep.gif
Melody
Tammy, ah was just thinking how I say anything on here without a thought of anyone believing what I say. you know how sometimes it just strikes you that everybody in the world can read this! laugh.gif I just think that I'm talking to ma pals and having a laugh! Mind you I still don't know how you can knock back that uniform! Wish ah had another smilie, just kid oan ah've got wan!
tammy
Melody...no problem! Well we're on to another! biggrin.gif
Melody
Are you away out again in the ambulance?
betty2
Melody ah telt yi ah'll bring yi a fireman back fae the usa cin yi no wait , mind noo an look efter the hoose while am away and clean the oven when yir finished bakin. Noo tammy seems tae be a real asset in here see you've goat her cleanin check oot the coarners and mind its oor turn fur the sterrs this week Eh diz sje know that we huv a drinks cabinet which needs stocked up regular speshully when marion's visitin rolleyes.gif
tammy
Melody...I'm back. Sorry about having to go away every so often. Nice that Betty checks in on us though! Maybe she just wants to make sure her house is till standing when she gets home! LOL! Only two more hours to go today...if all goes well we'll get off on time. Even had to call the firemen to lift a "big" one off the floor for us. Better their backs than ours! But, they didn't have their hats on...I almost asked for ya! But, they were cheeky buggers..making comments about us needing assistance because we were girls! So, I told them, we'd be waiting out in the ambulance for them...the pt. wa over 300lbs and dead weight! So, two of them had to do it alone! Next time maybe they won't be so cheeky! LOL! I'm thinking you'd want one with a hat and one who doesn't talk so much! wink.gif
betty2
Tammy you keep ma pal melody company while am away she's a good wummin but watch her wae the tea , she's inclined tae LACE it noo n again rolleyes.gif
Melody
You lot know that I wouldn't waste good Drambuie in tea for goodness sake. Mibbee a wee drop of the ordinary stuff would be good right enough, in the name of God you've put me in the notion noo Betty! Between firemen and Drambuie, I think Ah've gone tae the dogs in here! You take care Betty I'll look efter yer wee hoose here till ye get back give my love to everyone, especially Mags. xxx Bet it's her turn the sterrs as well and she's away tae America, ah'll jist tell the neighbours she'll dae them twice when she comes back! laugh.gif
tammy
Awww sorry I missed the tea and scones today Melody. I was disapointed. Work was busy and our computers were down all day. sad.gif Now everyone's off to bed! Maybe I'll see you all in the morning.
tammy
Melody and Betty,

No worries...I'll do the stairs for ya. It's the least I can do for the scones and tea! Betty you have a nice trip away and enjoy!
Melody
Just saying hello Tammy, dreary old day here in Glasgow so far but it's only early yet. Had a great laugh with Ed. last night, good fun, talk later I hope. Take Care
Catherine
Musical beds in here last night, Geoffs no well, Jake's fightin wae his shadow an Max waant's a piece of the action ...mothers puult the shower curtain doon fur the umpteenth time {ah no wherr ah take the "wisnae me" affi} laugh.gif

Naebudy seen Marg an Roger efter the do oan Saturday? Cripes wunner if they're still therr...huvnae heard fae Kaz noo ah think aboot it????
betty how's yer bum doin sittin oan that case? Managed tae get it zipped up yet hen? We'll aw gether later an sing tae ye...
Oh yer bags are packed, yer ready tae go...
Melody
Catherine, ye'v got us ending ourselves laughin' here, ye'll never know how funny that last post of yours is to us. When ours were wee we used to have my Gran to stay on holidays and things and she just loved to babysit, she used to say, 'Away you two oot fur the night, and get a wee time tae yersels'. Well see when we came back, she gave the weans the run o the hoose, everybody was dead happy when we came back, ye just never recognised yer ain hoose, curtains pulled doon, everything oot o cupboards and wardrobes. She was worse than the weans, o happy days, I love ye Gran, God rest her and bless her precious heart laugh.gif
Catherine
You know it well then Melody..an whit aboot the telly oan EVERY mornin tae see whit the weather forecast is gaunni be...if ah hear wan mare time 'oh wid ye balieve this weather?"...cripes guid comin fae the wummin that lives in the country wherr ye get four seasons in wan day...then therrs the three hunnert messsages ah goat in, hauf ah cannae find...well somebudies moved them Catherine cos ah no ah pit them right there....{soon as yer backs turnt she's heid furst in every cupboart talkin tae hersel an lookin fur them, aw ye see is two wee legs hingin oot}...no tae furget how she hardly sleeps a wink, guess that's jist the resident ghost in the room makin aw thae snorin noises through the night then eh mum ah'll say.... laugh.gif
Then again, we cherish the moments. this board teaches ye that for sure..we're aw here wan day, gaun the next...cripes she's waantin her herr done noo, better run or she'll bring oot the slipper...
This might come in three times noo...bloody thing keeps comin back tae me..Oh ahd too many wee smileys...oopaweedaisy...
tammy
Morning Catherine and Melody,

Sounds like chaos at your house this morning Catherine! LOL! I know that feeling like a tornado went through the house and it always gets blamed on that little guy"wasn't me". If I ever catch "wasn't me" I'm gonna kill him! LOL! Sounds like granparents are all the same. When my husband's Mum comes the kids love it because Nana does everything for them, Papa cooks for them. They even have him bringing in the tea and toast while they're in bed! Little cheeks! Apparently they think he likes to run after them..or so they think. But, it's good for them. All 4. HA!HA! But, they also come with a little dog who they think is a baby. My husband and his brother's say they treat that dog better than they got treated when they were small! I might believe it too, you'd have to see them with the dog. It sleeps until noon and it doesn't have to walk if it doesn't want too! I just laugh at them. And of course our little dog, loves it when they come because she gets spoilt rotten too! Takes us a week to straighten her out after they've gone! But, it sounds like you are having a good time!
Melody, I'm all done those stairs now. Are the scones ready? tongue.gif
tammy
Melody,

It's the same weather here today. But, it's supposed to get better and the sun is supposed to come out later and stay for a few days! I certainly hope so because it's bein pouring for days now! Getting ready to build a big boat! Just in case.
Melody
Oh Tammy I'm so sorry, I got involved wi Ed. and a pair of leather
jammies, and a bottle of perfume and Ed.s had an abcess. I'll make them the noo fur ye! Dae ye want coffee instead of tea? See aw you foreigners wi yer coffee laugh.gif We jist huv coffee on high days and holidays in Glesga ye know!
I'm still laughin' at all the grannies and grandas, they are worse than the weans!
tammy
Melody,

No problem. How's his tooth? Did he get to the dentist? Dead painful I bet! I hate the dentist. Aren't those leather jammies a litle warm ? LOL! Perfume and leather, I'm not too sure what to think of the smell that would come of that! LOL! I drink coffe in the morning and sometimes during the day when I'm working. But at night it's only tea! Unless we're working nightshift like tonight..then it will be coffee! WhenI'm in Glasgow, I'llbe up early, so I'll probably be out for my coffee! That will be ok, I like some quiet when I first get up. cool.gif
Melody
Here Tammy Ed.'s no a man, she's very much a wumman!! Did you think ah wis in ma leather jammies wi a man? In the name o God! Only Madam Lash or Lola does that, you know ma alter egos!! laugh.gif She's getting it sorted at the dentist.
tammy
Melody,

Know what else I have noticed...my husband has been using a lot more scottish word when he's talking again. LOL! I think he's maybe a little bit more excited about going home than he is admitting. He was talking about his little cousins and he was asking if I had bought all the weans something for us to take back. Said better double check I have them all or they'll be greetin! HA!HA! I just laughed at him. I don't know if they're going to let me on the plane with all the stuff I have bought for them. And I still have 2 months to go just about! LOL!
tammy
I don't know what to say. Ed's a girl? I'm all confused now. wacko.gif
tammy
Melody..I just noticed I've changed from a super visitor to a resident. Aw I'm blushin! wub.gif
Melody
Aw congratulations Tammy, that means yer as daft as the rest o us noo! laugh.gif
tammy
I take that as a compliment!
tammy
Melody,

Just finished cleaning my house, got baking in the oven and am now back with a hot cup of tea! How are things going?
Catherine
Well ower here the rain in spain lies mainly in Toronto !!
Cripes whit a day, y'no that kinda dark green kinda yella day...mums huvin a nap, geoffs convinced he's dyin blah blah blah...hell whit time is it, must be way efter five surely???? Ma bar's gettin itsel aw soartet fur the shift laugh.gif
tammy
Catherine,

Sounds like winds blew you the rain that was here. It was terrible! Tell Geoff, you better call him an abulance if he's dyin! I'm sure it's not too early for cocktails? unsure.gif
tammy
Helooooooooo Melody...Catherine???? Are you two no in? I thought you were supposed to be taking care of Betty's "wee hoose" while she's away? No bother, I'll tidy up and put the kettle on! tongue.gif
Marion Dougan
Aww Tammy thanks, a jist popped in tae dae the sterrrs an tidy up, you beat me to it. Av left ye a wee packet o chocky bics under the bed, nixt tae the POE ohmy.gif Hope Betty didn't hae her usuall wee wee in ther in the middle o the night. Jist go ahead an empty it Tammy, we're aw family in here ha ha ha Nice tae see ye postin so much, welcome aboard. Am Marion Catherine caws me Loobyloo, dinna ken the reason fur it, Bit in time ye'll git tae know her ha ha ha an me ha ha haYe'' see wur pics sfter the meet at Mag's hoose, am the skinny wan wie short dark hair. Catherines the fat wan, wie shoulder lenght herr, bYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEE
tammy
Aww thanks Marion. Did you get a cup of tea? I love chocolate. I'll sit right down and pour myself a cup and have a few while I read my letter from Phil's Auntie and Uncle in Glasgow! It just arrived! I'm not sure who's more excited..me or them? LOL! I look forward to seeing more photos of everyone having a good time! I can't wait to get to Glasgow! Checking of the calendar now! tongue.gif
Melody
Suppose ah'll jist sit here masel then. sad.gif mibbee T.K. will come on his white charger and take ma away from all this) Dae ye think?
Naw, ah don't suppose he will.....I'll jist huv tae put up wi Buttons!
Cinders xxx
Marion Dougan
Hi Melody, am here hen. Bought you 6 strawberry tarts. Therr ijn the oven, nabudy bit nabudy will fun them in therr, enjoy!!!
Melody
Aw God Love Ye Marion, the rest o them don't bother wi me here except when they want their tea! laugh.gif
Catherine
Hey Hey..Cinderella's aff tae her kip noo, right Marion get the tarts oot...naw WE'RE awready oot ya daft ejit, ah mean the strawberry wans, an ah'll go get the opener, glesses are ahint the couch therr, slipped them oot earlier efter Melody hud done the count... laugh.gif
Catherine
Oh the scandal..... laugh.gif ....Cripes jist anither night in lalaland!!

Hus betty unpacked the case yit dae ye's think? Bet she's goat a hunner weight a claes, boattles an food wae her.....
wee mags
tae bed tae bed ,
said Sleepyhead,
tarry awhile said Slow,
put on the pan,
said greedy anne,
lets eat before we go rolleyes.gif
this poem came into my head when I read this post
tammy
Hey, you lot! Leave my chocolate ones alone! I'm really needing some chocolate tonight. Is the place still all tidy or are there wine glasses strewn all over the place??? Just in from all our calls and thought I better check up on you..never know what might be happening with the wine and tarts????? tongue.gif
tammy
Aww there, I've swept the stairs and washed the wine glasses up and put them back and cleaned up all the plates and crumbs for the strawberry tarts! Jeesh!? Are you sure you were eating them and not smashing them all over the place!!?? Gave everything a quick dust too, wouldn't want Betty to think we were taking advantage. I put the kettle on a nd made you all some nice cinnamon buns to have with your tea. So, you can all sit and have a nice chat. I wonder if Betty packs suitcase like I do? The whole closet!!! LOL! Never know what you might need right? rolleyes.gif
Melody
It's awfy quiet......ah kin hear the mice! OMG Naw we'll no talk aboot that! Scary! Nae wonder ah take a drink!!!! laugh.gif Ah don't really like that either, oh well! Think I'll find a wee song tae sing. Betty's no here either, whits tae be done....ho hum!
tammy
are you here Melody? is the tea on ? happy.gif
tammy
well melody, looked for Catherine under the bed, but couldn't find either one of you. So, I started the blender up and the tea is off and the margaritas are on! The sun is so nice today! cool.gif
Heather
Tammy
I'll share my chocolates with you if you give me one of your margaritas, but go easy on the chocolates as I am well know in the family as a chocoholic, can eat them till they are coming out my ears. I love chocolate, especially the fancy kind you get in M & S.
tammy
Heather, it's a deal! But, I think we'll have to send out for more chocolates, because I'm the same! What kind are you talking about? Because when I get to Scotland I'll have to get some!
Heather
Tammy
Look for a shop called Thorntons they sell lovely chocolates. There is a Thorntons shop in St. Enoch Centre, I think. Marks & Spencer also have a lovely selection. Woolworths in Argyle St. have pic & mix. You take a bag and go around the counter and make your own selections. I usually buy a good size bag to eat on my way around the town and for the bus home.

Years ago my hubby told me that by the time I got to the age I have now reached I would be really fat because of all the chocolates I eat, but here I am still a size 10. laugh.gif

By the time we finish the margaritas and chocolates we will not be able to move. Just have to leave the housework to Melody.

Oh by the way, there is a Thorntons shop just round from Betty2' house, we'll give Melody a ring and ask her to pick up a couple of boxes of chocs in her way in.
Melody
Dae you lot think ah've nothin' else tae dae here? Chocolates is it? Ye'll get a piece oan jam and like it! laugh.gif
tammy
Ah come on Melody...we'll give you a Margarita or two! The toast won't go very well. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.