Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
betty2
Melody am here must huv passed yi oan the sterr
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Melody
Well give us yer patter, were you doing your usual wee shopping tour. Nothin' much happening wi' me, same old same old. Nothing new. smile.gif Will we sing a wee song?
Marg
Hello Betty and Melody nice to see your doing well and having a spot of tea.Lovely day hereand I'm not long in from a wee festival we're having here was listening to Jim Sweeny from Ireland this afternoon as well as some good old scottish music had I great time and have two more days of it. Saturday the Alexsander brothers from Scotland are playing and I've got tickets can't wait.
Melody
Hello Marg, sounds as though your enjoying that festival, have a great time at the Alexander Brothers, hope all are well with you.
Where's that Betty went to now Marg? I bet her Mammy was always lookin' for her!
Marg
Betty would no be lost Melody ,she's abig girl now can find her way! I bet she's busy making the tea and getting ready for your visit with the cakes in hand.
betty2
Sorry ladies no ma fault this pc hus a mind o its ain the night it keeps bumpin me aff. Right melody ur the cups washed marg is pittin a wee light tae the fire its gettin a bit chilly at night noo. And now fur whits aw the goss?? tongue.gif
jimmyd
Has anyone heard from Hubert??,it is not like him to miss commenting on the Celtic games.WeeMags have you heard from him?.
Melody
I was thinking about him Jimmy, I'll e-mail him see what he's up too, Jimmy, if ye hurry up you could make the match, the scarfs are washed and ready for the off. Hail Hail.
Melody
It me again shoutin' oan that Betty, gie her a shout if ye see her up the street, tell her I'm fed up chasing her aboot. laugh.gif
Melody
I'm fed up being in here aw masel aw day, mon talk tae me!! somebody, anybody!!
betty2
Am here melody but am gawn oot shortly
sorry pal but efter aw it is seturday night
and i'm goin fur a wee refreshment wae the ladies
talk tae yi the morra. Good score the day bet Hugh 's a happy chappie biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Melody
Yer right Betty, have a good night!! See ye tomorrow!
Marg
rolleyes.gif" Hello to all " is a message from Rena, I was just chatting with her.She gave me a call and tells me she is having great difficulty getting on the net and into GG.I'm to let any of you who have sent e-mail or pm's she has not been able to get them and hopes to be able soon.To Jimmy she sends her congradulations on the grandson. She is doing fine otherwise. wink.gif
scottish lass
Hello all, now that we have settled after the Flittin, and all the steps have been done, windaes waashed, curtains chainged, beds made, and the kettle is on the bile.....Where the hell are the Red Sluts???? did they no come wae us...Thought they might have done a wee turn tae welcome us awe tae the new hoose wub.gif Oh well if anybody wants tae dae a wee turn ok gai it laldy UR YEA READY 1 2 3 i'll start and the rest jine in....Movin Movin Movin keep them doggies movin raw hide!!!

Best wishes to you all take care..Mamie in Australia............
jimmyd
Am aff tae the wide suburned plains of Sth Australia the morrer. Will brings you all back some of the famous Barossa Valley wines. see you all in two weeks ,bye the noo. wub.gif wub.gif { l9ike this wee thing " wub"you all!!
Teeny
wink.gif
betty2
Enjoy your break jimmy and dont over indulge on the wines(jist kiddin) have fun rolleyes.gif
betty2
Schools are back in the day (thank god)that means ah get the computer tae masel fae 9 till 5that sounds like a cue fur a song, but melody ' backtae work the day so ah'll leave aff the singin rolleyes.gif
Melody
Betty. yer a lady! A pal and a lady, but then ye know that already! smile.gif Enjoy the peace, some of us at the receiving end. laugh.gif
betty2
Here ah am inmasel again
An thinkin back tae when ah wis a wean
Those summer days in the parks ah played
Too faur fae hame ah never strayed
Hogganfield loch ma furthest jaunt
Alexandra park anither haunt
There wis also tollcross wae aw the lovely flooers
And in aw these places ah spent happy hooers
Then at night oan the streets we played
Ma dont shout me in the noo ah prayed
Kick the can ,allevio tae name but a few
Rounders and beds we played these too
The winter nights were dark and bleak
So in the hoose we played hide'n'seek
The places we fun tae hide oorsel
Below the bed & even in the coal bunker as well
But through the day up in ally park
There wis skaters oan the frozen pond tae early dark
But us poor weans wur slippin an slidin
Daen wur shoes in an then gettin a hidin
And aww o this ah remember well
As ah sit here INMASEL
sjmac
Hi Betty2, Ye should hiv a wee message cummin in the noo.

betty2
thank sjmac will get round to tryin this out, biggrin.gif
Marg
Lovely Betty !! and your never alone on here . ;)and if you've a few minutes to chat i'll meet you there .
betty2
Not many callers guess theres a lot on holiday but i'll keep a candle in the window in the hope that someone will visit fur a cuppa and a natter rolleyes.gif
Marg
Your right Betty everyone seems to be away , I stopped for a cuppa but you had left already perhaps later in the day. smile.gif To warm here to do much else.
kas
good day betty & all. looks like i'm imasel! how's things going? i think teeny will be popping in for a wee chin wag with betty2 real soon. teeny will be there having all the tea cakes & a good laugh with all her family & friends. how's that glasgow weather? any cooler? thinking of you all~have a good one
Melody
Hi kas, it's been a lot cooler over the last day or two, however we've been promised that it's to be sunny tomorrow and Saturday. Take Care
Marg
I'm begining to think everyone is off on holidays Betty no one comes by much for a cuppa your famous tea and cakes.Maybe its the heat that has them all resting and keeping the boards quiet.Hope you enjoy the weekend!!
sjmac
Hi Betty2, A hivne been in your hoose afore. If a bring five rollsn sausage, four Rhubarb tarts, an two boatles o American cream soda, wull ye let mi in an a promis ahl jist sit an listen tae aw the gossip. P.S the extra rolln sausage is fur me caus am that hungry a cuid eet a scabby dug.

wub.gif wub.gif
kas
Hi everyone. sorry about ur hay fever archie..come to the desert- when it gets over 100 degrees just about all pollen is died- u'd have a clear head. hope you have a great birthday- i'm sure norah will be treating u right. so did teeny make it to glesga yet? she said she'd be on line checking- in where are you teeny? thanks for the weather up date melody- hope u're all comfy & not too hot. betty u'll be like a yank serving iced tea if it stays that hot there! well be having iced tea & ice cream at bettys for our friday night party- when does it start? melody will be singing soon & we'll all be joining in. melody can u "imagine" jessie singing "imagine" again & again..thanks for keepin her right with the correct words. marg u still cooking in NS? hope all is well w/ u fine folk
Archie Millar
Aw! am sufferin' the day -between this hay fever an the amount a found in ma tinny when a went ower tae the Big Meet board a don't know if a can afford tae go up the road the night fur a wee swaally ---???
Marg
Oh Archie I dinna believe you'll suffer to long if you go for a pint it'll clear your hay fever in not time . wink.gif Norah can do the driven to be on the safe side. Best wishes!! cool.gif
Isobel
Hi all, god its been hot here, but tonight we are able to have our air conditioner back on, looking forward to getting a good nights sleep. Just been catching up on all the posts. Where is Catherine these days?
Fearn
Hi Isobel - today was a hot one here for sure but at least the humidity was minimal - in a condo, high up, on the North West corner, I'm sitting here in a wonderful breeze - no need for AC! I've got rocks holding the doors open, the wind is strong - really blowing the smog away - PRAISE BE! - with emphysema, I've been gasping for breath lately.

Fearn (a.k.a Isobel) smile.gif
Marg
The doors must be closed to Betty hoose for no one comes for tea and I've a lovely lemon cake that I was willing to share .I hope this means I don't have to eat it all by myself for it will end upon my hips. sad.gif
Melody
Well it's no endin' up on mine Marg!!
Marg
Well no one showed up Melody so guess who's hips it will be on ......mine oh but it was good. huh.gif sleep.gif
Melody
Marg, wish I could have shared it with you really, I could always have went for a run around the block afterwards. laugh.gif laugh.gif I hope it was nice!
ca,ppp,doremi
tongue.gif Well noo, me thinks oor Marg wis only too happy to eat that cake,. Why? well am noo aboot tae reveel me soorce uv info,but seems oor Marg is partakin uv them yor exersorsin macheens,ah means ye no the types whur u roon aroon in curcles tryin awe this an thut,and oh aye at the end aw three months the effects uv the cake uv disupeered. Gooooo. Maaaaaarg...Goooooo...paaaaaaaay,Roooooooger...Paaaaay. Jist kiddin Marg,more pwer tae ye...Your Pal Rena wub.gif
Marg
Well!!! You lot have no need to worry about my hips tongue.gif the grandkids arrived at noon so I'll get all the exersice I need this week.I'm no telling you anything again Rena rolleyes.gif ha ha!
Melody
Kettles on, fern cakes are on the table, anybody fancy a blether?
Melody
Och well stick! Where's Betty? This place is too quiet for my liking, somebody talk to me, or I'll sing again, me and my shadow all alone and feeling blue, just me and my shadow not a soul to tell our troubles to. I'll have to eat the fern cakes as well, I'll never forgive you lot if that happens!! dry.gif laugh.gif
ca,ppp,doremi
Ahoy Melody. Well since yer gonna sing,and I love a sing along,just lay oot a nice china Cup fur me, and huv the teapot all snug in its tea cozy. The weather is a bit cooler this week,so I kind of feel up tae a bit of travelling. Is Betty there an awe,or is she away on her usual shopping expedition? Oh well the stairs cannae be too dirty if naebodys been stoppin bye,and we sure don't need a fire in this weather. Okay, I'm ringing the doorbell like mad Melody,Can ye noe stop awe that singing fur a wee minute and open the bloody door wuman? tongue.gif
sjmac
Hi All, does anybody know where Betty2 is,I don't recall any mention of her going away anywhere. Hope she is OK. unsure.gif
Marg
She was going withn friends for the weekend I believe
leeninaus
Yerr right Marg, Betty is away fer a few days ! Jeez I wish I was missed as much as she was ! bet if I carked it right now I'd be here fer a week before anyone missed me biggrin.gif
Melody
I'd be looking for you Leen, along with everybody else,just like to keep track of my pals, especially that Betty, she's a wanderer!! Wonder if she's back!
I'm always lookin' for her laugh.gif laugh.gif
Marg
Of course we miss you Leen ,but the thing is this is Betty's house and she should be around for visiters ohmy.gif Melody you should have been with me today grandma on the beach more like a whale on the beach. biggrin.gif these two youngsters are going to kill me .They had me on a skate board and scooter thank heavens the roller blades were to small. Can't wait to see whats next.
Melody
Oh Marg, I can just picture the scene, you'll sleep well tonight!!
Great day! I wish I'd been there, I'd have enjoyed that alright, don't think we'd be safe Marg together!!
ca,ppp,doremi
rolleyes.gif Well Melody,here a few posts up, you were asking for visitors to share a cup of tea and a sing song at Betty's house. Well I told you I was going to join you. Then I rang the doorbell for a good twenty minutes,to no avail. Yer darn singing wis soo loud you probably didn't hear me. So I left in a huff laugh.gif ...Rena
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.