Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Melody
Anybody get any Valentines? Not a sausage did a get!!!! dry.gif
Melody
I've had a good wee time tae masel here the day, talking away, naebody answering, fitbaw widow that I am!!
Nae valentines, nae chocolates, nae flooers, nae nothin!
rolleyes.gif Wonder if somethin' nice'll happen! Naw, see that's whit happens when ye say ' Ach don't bother it's a daft thing anyhow Valentine's Day!' Wish I'd never said it noo!
Marg
Melody, I was taken to lunch nothing special but I didn't have to cook and my roses are lovely.....don't want ta brag!!! cool.gif
Melody
Oh rub it in why don't ye Marg! I don't want tae know! .... roses and everythin' ....huh! I've got nothin' here as well! Hope ye enjoy them!....I feel like greetin' noo! dry.gif
Marg
Melody , your not alone pal I'm here now and in the same league fitbal widow that's why I was taken to lunch and not dinner. The rest of the weekend is sports, sports ,sports. sad.gif
Melody
Ach well! Woe is me! sad.gif
jimmyd
For aw youse darlins that never goat a Valentine

My funny valentine
Sweet comic valentine
You make me smile with my heart
Your looks are laughable
Unphotographable
Yet you?re my favourite work of art

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But don?t change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentine?s day

Is your figure less than greek
Is your mouth a little weak
When you open it to speak
Are you smart?

But don?t you change one hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is valentine?s day wub.gif
Melody
Ach! Jimmy, that made up for it thanks pal! He asked me the day if a wid like somethin' for valentine's day,.. a day late...but a told him no thanks, it's too late noo! dry.gif
betty2
rolleyes.gif Better late than never melody ma first foot never showed but ah dae know he's tryin tae get ma number (not a chance)Tae get oan ma right side he should huv thought aboot flooers cos ah jist luv fresh cut flooers
leeninaus
JD one of my favourite songs by my favourite singers ( Johnny Mathis) ... and it was sung at a barbie I went to on Sunday, but I think I hate it now cos the guy that was singing it looked straight at me when it came to the part "Your looks are laughable, un-photographable!!
So, Melody at least I KNOW why I didn't get any Valentine card or flowers sad.gif
betty2
A beautiful song sent by jimmyd
To us lonely hearts on the GG
Nae valentines fur me were in the post
An ah've gied up thinkin they wur loast
Nae flooers or chocolates came my way
So i'll just look forward tae mothers day
A mother i still am tho no longer a wife
An ma weans will come tae thank me fur gien them life wub.gif
Melody
Aye well it's your ain fault ye never got a valentine Betty, you could huv been away oan a cruise fur valentines day, if ye'd played yer cards right! Hope he phones ye!! rolleyes.gif
maggie2
Melody you never ,ever ,ever ,ever!!! say och don't bother! because men being men, an cheap at that, will surprise you and willnae bother.......you would think they would learn!!!
I did get flowers and a couple gold charms for my bracelet ....lovely card too!! He is a grand man!! buys me flowers every couple of weeks!!!.awwwwwwww don't be greetin' noo!!
her pass the kleenex.....
My wee grandson even gave ma chocolate heart! sweet!! he helped me eat it too!!
Catherine
Pit somethin in ma tea wid ye's, please an thanks!
Jist goat aff the phone wae ma pal therr....poor sowels hud wan disaster efter the ither wae her teeth an ahm givin it aw the sympathy noises an but fur the grace a God go I type a thing. Hung up the phone, went up tae brush an floss ma teeth cos ah could feel paranoia settin in efter her luck....an whit dae ye no, oot came a bloody fillin, front tooth.... naturally laugh.gif
Ah mean WHIT IS IT aboot ma luck????
Appointment fur the morra mornin, wish me luck an pass ower wan of thae huge biscuits incase ah cannae eat the morra.
Hoose is quiet right enuf, fires rerr....moan in..
Archie Millar
Cath. a lost two o' ma teeth last week.phoned up the dentist at 10;15 an' he asked me if a could get doon fur hauf-past a made it .took an impression an' said he could add two mer tae ma plate got it back the next day an' wis only charged 3:60
No got many mer left!!!
Catherine
Oh Archie, good fur you eh....
Ma appointments fur quarter tae ten...guaranteed ah MIGHT be seen fur quarter past.....He'll start puttin the fillin in around quarter to....an ah'll be drivin like a maniac tae get back acroass the city fur hauf past tae get the boys....Oh an in between times he'll be tellin me whit else is fawin tae bits an needs fixin....an ma fillin will cost 130 dollars minimum laugh.gif
Marg
Tea's on and biscuits warm who's ready for a cuppa ?
...........wonder if cath's making it to the dentist in time, where's betty away cleaning hoose again,betty stop for a tea .Melody won't be in til after work and wee mags is having a sleep in.
Marg
The snow's not let up all day and getting deeper by the minute, I thought I'd drop in and se who up for tea...................I've some chocolate biscuits here if anyone cares for some.
Catherine
We didnae get the big storm yet Marg...Seemingly should be here by tomorrow morning, turnin to icy rain by efternoon...GREAT!!

Went tae dentist, Archie ahd tae borrow some buttons oot yer tinny pet...wan xray, wan fillin no tae furget the examination in the whole five minutes itsel, = 326 dollars!!
{seena perra shoes in the shoap next door an aw, don't think it's the right time tae say tae Geoff mind you y'no laugh.gif }
Melody
I remember when sitting in the dentist's chair I used to be afraid of what the were going to do, now it's my wee head worrying counting up what it's going to cost!! ohmy.gif
Marg
I'm heading to the dentist on the 1st march catherine I hope my filling is not that much, ..................I posted pictures of my LOVELY snow in the weather thread Yuck! it is not to let up til morning they say.
ca,ppp,doremi
Up to our ears in snow, as is Marg by now I imagine. We have 4 doors we can use to exit our house. As of this moment all four are blocked to the top. Talk about being clostrophobic, this would be a total distaster. I am not at that point, but since my Dad was cremated, in a manner so unexpected by me, I do not like curtains drawn,and I have to see outside. All the windows were covered in snow,and at the point of panic, I took my floor mop, and opened a sliding window on our front room window,which I insisted was left so, during the winter, so that I could open them for air now and then,and whished the snow away,so I could see what was going on outside. All I saw was fierce winds and blowing snow,but I could see. I hate winter,but then I find there is nothing more beautiful than being inside, warm and cosy and watching the ferocity of a snow storm. We are supposed to get,between 40-50cnts before it subsides. The older Older I get, the more I hate Canadian Winters. I gues that is why a lot of Canadians head for Florida during the winter months. Have done that,but I would rather visit Scotland, and face the rain...Cest la vie I guess......Rena
Marg
Yes Rena same here can't get out the doors and windows covered with snow and it's not leting up we've not ventured out today and Roger is already to use the snow blower in the morning .......after he takes more pictures he said . so look out I'll be posting them maybe . ohmy.gif
jimmyd
MELODY!!!! Bye jove I think I have it!!! Was yon bar Hubert wis lookin for, no called a Marzipan Bar,it sounds awfy familiar tae me,in fact ah kin taste it the noo. biggrin.gif
Melody
Jimmyd, ye gave me the fright o ma life ther! I thought ye'd found it! It was like marzipan but no exactly, I don't think it was called anythin' it jist tasted like marzipan. Remember in the newsagents there wis a kind of penny tray wi cheap sweeties, like a mixture. Well it would be amongst them. I've hunted the streets of Glesga and can't find it anywhere. I can taste it, but I canny find it! Did you eat yer fry- up? laugh.gif
jimmyd
Ach Melody am ferr gutted,I was experimenting ,making liqueur recipes,one hid Almond essence in it,and I jist hit me,like that !! Huberts sweetie!!..Well we will find it love no worries.The fry up wis good but the Lorne sausage wis iffy,Black Puddin Magic.
Right Betty I have just made a whisky liqueur tae die fur,so am just gonnae stick a coupla boattles, in yer pantry,careful noo it's awfy potent,I have been told it has aphrodisiac qualities.No want ye tae get trouble hen,know whit a mean !!! wink.gif
Archie Millar
A kin make a drink---you mind o' it?,its cawed --
sugar-olly waater!!! tongue.gif
Melody
laugh.gif How do you make it Archie?
Melody
Are nane o you lot wantin' a cup o tea! Yeez are awfy quiet..where's Betty?
Marg
Yes Melody, Where's Betty she's not been seen since the 16th missing in action running off th the shops getting ready for Archie's visit with her secret visitor.We will have to keep her house in order til she gets back. I've put the tea on.
Melody
Any wee pancakes Marg, this is week fur them! This wee hoose has been too quiet fur ages, will we huv a party again? Wonder where Betty is? They'll be shops involved I'll be ye! Oh it's freezing ootside, we'll pull the chairs up tae the fire and put the wireless on, I like it when it's like this do you? rolleyes.gif Somebody'll be chappin' the door in a minute, hurry up and we'll get first pick o the cakes!
Marg
Sounds real good to me , I had to climb over snow banks to get here .Maybe we should start a contest: " who's Betty surprise guest ?" think that would get members posting?
happy.gif
Catherine
Beautiful sunshine here pals....no been oot yet an somethin tells me wur no talkin waarm.
Waashins near done, shower at the ready an oot tae hit the shoaps fur a few things. Hows the milk situation, dae we need oany?
betty's dealin wae a lot the now, sends her love an hopes tae be back oan soon.
Here Melody huv ye banged intae Marion yit? Hus she made the papers yit? laugh.gif
Melody
As long as it's no Page 3! laugh.gif
Catherine
Loobyloo Marion widnae settle fur onythin less laugh.gif
betty2
Marion must be a busy wummin canny get a haud o her but ah've left a message fur her tae contact me . Ma old aunty is still quite distressed at the loss of her hubby so i'm spending a lot of time with her hence my absence from the board but come saturday i'll be at the horseshoe bar Archie you get the drinks up i'll be there rolleyes.gif
jimmyd
Ah! Betty hen your magic,looking after the old Auntie.I was just about to a send out the search party.I really wish I could be at the Horseshoe and meet you guys !! cool.gif
thistle46
Melody - the sweeties you were looking for could they have been "jap desserts" - not a very politically correct name but I do remember they were kind of marzapan taste with coconut.

cool.gif
Melody
Aw thistle thanks, but it's no me it's hubert, it's a puzzle right enough, a chocolate bar quite slim inside something that tastes a bit like marzipan but no exactly no wrapping on it, like a pennt sweetie kind of thing! I've only been lookin' for it for a year or two right enough, so theres still a chance! Jap Desserts were great, haven't seen them for ages! See I'm like a woman on a mission wi his chocolate bars laugh.gif
Marg
Melody seeing Kaz's is on think he'll come by betty for some tea, that coffee he makes at work there's no fit for man or beast. I"ll bring fern cakes to go along.
Melody
Aw Marg, oor Kaz! Happy days! He's a lovely person, so he is. Think I'll get him a special cake! smile.gif
Marg
Melody ,wait til next month then we can have a birthday cake with so many candles on top and little party favors. I think Kaz would like that.
Heather
Melody, have you tried Woolworths in Argyle Street, they have quite a big selection of sweets and chocolate bars.
A lot of sweets we had when I was young are now out of production, and some including chocolate bars have had their names changed, so you may be looking for something that is no longer made.
Melody
Heather, that's the thing they probably are no longer made, but I've got that thing where if somebody asks for somethng like that I try like a lunatic to find it! Woolies in Byres Road was also great for sweeties that you haven't seen for ages, but to no avail! It's a bit like looking for Willie Wonka's golden ticket chocolate bar!
laugh.gif
betty2
A wee bird tells me there's gonny be anither wan fur tea an cake the night mmmmmmmm wonder who????
thistle46
Hi Hubert/Melody - some help with your mission - lol
found this site - have a wee look

www.aquarterof.co.uk/acatalog

cool.gif
Melody
Aw Thistle, not a sausage and I've put on 5 pounds jist lookin' at those sweeties, they look wonderful right enough! thanks thistle, onwards and upwards! laugh.gif
jimmyd
Melody only wan thing fur it,we have to have a concerted effort here.Lets say 6 of us line up at Woolies in the Byres Rd,and sample every wee chocolate bar they hiv.Might no fun Huberts bar but whit a rerr time we will hiv lookin fur it !!!! biggrin.gif
Melody
You know when you can see the thing, you can taste it, you can smell it, but ye jist canny find it!!! sad.gif maybe that's an idea Jimmy!
betty2
Melody see it smell it taste it but ah know where tae find it , y/see it went tae ma hips an its still there rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.