Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Maself Room
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246
Teeny
wink.gif
betty2
Eeent menshun a night oot an am yir wummin
but gemini disnae stey here she's in the usa
so ah dont think she'll make it
Awfy long wet tae come fur a night oot biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

FIGHT???????
Teeny
wink.gif
betty2
Where have aw the regulars gone
Who yased tae drap in when feelin alone
Cos this wis the place we aw came in fur a natter
A laff an a joke the usual glesca patter
wan night no long ago when ah wis INMASEL
Ah thought ah wid gie yis aw a bell
And in yis came wan efter wan
And that was how INMASEL began biggrin.gif
Melody
Hello Pal, is that kettle on? How you doing? Enjoying the sunshine like me!
Sure this a treat Betty, hope it lasts right enough, we could do with this until September. ' It might as well shine until September' that's me sinin' again. rolleyes.gif
Catherine
Off tae Karens fura wee splash an a sit oan her porch people watch session laugh.gif Ah'll no be long an ahv goat ma key betty okay biggrin.gif
Denis Fallon
Ladykate,

I don't blame you for being a little fed up with all the rain. It seems that it has rained here in the mountains every day since the end of June. My yard man has to come every ten days now rather than every two weeks, and that seems not often enough. One of my daughters lives down in Murrell's Inlet, SC and she has been inundated too.

One of the side benefits of all the rain is that I have never seen our mountains more lush and green. I noticed in one of the board messages that your husband comes from Ocracoke. Was he a Coast Guiardsman?
ladykate
Hi Dennis how are you doing okay I hope,oh this rain is terrible at least yours run doon the mountain doon here in the Lowlands there,s no where for it to go eveything is satuarated,the weatherman says the middle of next week before it goes away.

George retired in 1983 from the Coastguard five miles down the road at Hobucken, he was a Chief Boswainsmate at one time there were six of the brother,s in the Coastguard at the same time,his mother had eleven boys as it was a fishing village most of the lads went into the service or become a fisherman.

Kate
Teeny
wink.gif
Denis Fallon
Ladykate,

I made a pretty good guess re your husband's career. I've read that there were and are whole families of folks from the outer banks who went into the Coast Guard. By heritage and tradition they are well suited for that service. You should be proud of him and them. There are some folks over on Harkers Island who have been building boats for generations and if you get one of their boats you've got one that will last a lifetime. Do you have a Harkers Island boat?
Melody
Good Morning Italia and Bigell, smile.gif nice day again here, hope it's nice with you!
betty2
Another fine day one could get yased tae this
cool.gif cool.gif
Melody
Morning Betty, your right, we're getting spoiled with the weather, better take it and enjoy it all before the old winter comes in. How did Lee get on yesterday? smile.gif
buntyq
Got in very early this morning from a bus trip to Saratoga (horse racing) with the Red Hatters of Fairfield. Whit a great display of red hats! And to complete our outfits we all try to wear something purple. For info on this group whose aim is friendship and fun, check into The Red Hat Society on line.

I dont know one horse from another and my limit is a dollar to show. I'm told the odds are better and I did win 90 cents! Big spender but right now there are few bawbees in the old tea caddy.

This was my second time at a race track - the first many years ago in Tampa, Florida. The weather held up until it was time for the bus to leave for Fairfield then the heavens opened. The ladies could have cared less
about dresses and shoes getting soaked - had to preserve those red chapeaus at all cost.

A big round of applause for those tour bus drivers who earn their living driving in extreme weather at night. Looks like we are in for another wet day. My resident groundhog is chewing away at the clover in the back yard. I wish he had a taste for crab grass!
ladykate
Goodmorning,Betty,melody,BigEll glad to hear you are still having
great weather sad.gif jist wish it was me no you all enjoy yourselves
still raining here like Bunty says all the way to Florida,ah feel sorry
for the holiday makers there probably wishing they stayed home.

Okay Teeny ah will settle for a cuppa if you dont have ony thing
stronger,sorry dont have any Alka Seltsers will a couple of asprin
dae.

Dennis you are so right about the young men being suited
for the Guard,they lived on the water just have one nephew
in it now he is stationed in Alabama.
George has never had a Harker,s Island boat that I know of
he has a Priveteer at the moment since he went back to the
tugboats he jist fishes small time now.

Kate
Gemini
top o' the morning all ok to start wi' Teeny, yoo hud that right, ahm way across the big puddle so cannae dae onythin tae her, but ah cin usually last mair that wan wee bailleys, and bunty ah met they Red Hatters group when ah wis doon in Georgia, an' ladykate did yi ever tell yir man tae drap me aff sum coal when he cums up mah way, still waitin oan it, shud ah hod mah breth here hen, ah see oor Denis is postin' again, an' like you all rain rain rain here anaw, but muggy muggy muggy, ah gess we aw took the guid weather wi us when we aw went hame in July. dry.gif dry.gif
Denis Fallon
Yes' I'm back, I don't do much posting but I do a lot of reading and listening in to all that goes on with this great group of people. I was off for nearly a month. We put down new carpet in most of this wee house and bought some new furniture and drapes and had the old back decking torn up and replaced. We went up to Ohio foir a grand-daughter's wedding (she married a young man who graduated from West Point in May) then we had house guests from Georgia and Alabama, then my daughters from SC and CA came to help me celebrate my 82 birthday. We are now awaiting the arrival tomorrow of our daughter and granddaughter from Ohio for a few days visit. When they leave we will have a breather. Who ever said that retirement is dull?
Catherine
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENNIS biggrin.gif ......Ye'll need anither 82 years holiday after that month pal...... laugh.gif
Cheers an nice tae see ye "in masel"
ladykate
Oh yes Happy Birthday Dennis and plenty more,sounds like
you have been busy you have a grand time with your
daughter and the wee one.

Gemi to be perfectly honest with you ah wid forget aboot
the coal he is jist not listen to me,but if you really want it their oan there way tae Trenton wie a load right now.

Catherine ah thought you were off tae the cottage for a wee
holiday,you have all that good weather go go go.

Kate
wee mags
happy birthday Dennis and many more biggrin.gif
ca,ppp,doremi
wink.gif Just dropping in to day hi, after being away with the Trailer for the weekend. The first time this year I might add,and perhaps the last. It seems to be very stressful on Mishka,oor wee dug of 14years who is blind. The obvious inevitable is raising its' ugly head again,and I of course, am trying to ignore it. Happy to learn that the weather is still unbelievable in Scotland. I can't believe that I did not open my umbrella once when I was there. In my neck of the woods,the weather is hot and very,very,humid,making it rather uncomfortable for sleeping. But I will not complain. The darn winter is soo long,and cold,meriting one to suffer in silence during the summer. Betty I did soo want a nice cuppa tea,but couldn't find the T-bags. Did you or somebody change there usual place on the shelf, next to the stove?. So I had to satisfy myself with a digestive biscuit and a glass of good Scottish Waaater. Betty will you please check on this fur me..Thanks pal....Rena rolleyes.gif
jimmyd
Aw! Doremi love,I have been that road with two dogs.One was a wee Poodle who was old blind ,and then a Boxer,the kids grew up wi those pets.The decision has to be made,lets face ,if I get to that stage then I hope someone does it fur me.I love the memories of those two wee pals.Had to part with my we Tonkinese cat ,when I sold up.
Was sitting here on the PC the other night,and I hear this Meowing.without thinking I shout "OK Suzie A,hm coming".Took me a second or two to realise,where I was. Senior Moment !!!! or wishful thinking .????
Teeny
wink.gif
Gemini
Happy Birthday Denis, and many many more wink.gif wink.gif
Yer oan Teeny, wan oan wan it tis. Went tae a picnic yisterday an' wis sitting therr minding mah ain bizness playing game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of poker, well my friend and I were putting our litter doon by wir feet so this lassie cums ower picking it up, leave it hen says I we'll get it, well she looks me rite in the eye an says the can's rite behind yi *itch, "EXCUSE ME" says I, (pacifist I am) who the ef ur yoo (don't normally use colourful metaphores) well we get intae a shoutin' match (don't disturb me when I'm playin' game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of poker) as it turns oot she thought ah wis sumbody else' an wiz only joking ah don't know who wiz mair embarressed her or me but ah lernt a lesson pit mah litter in the can next time, an' ah wisnae even drinkin, jist coke, wi nae rum in it either. Whit a day but thoroughly enjoyed masel.
Isobel
A very happy 82nd birthday to you Dennis. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy. wink.gif
Melody
Happy Birthday Dennis, hope your enjoying a rest by now! Lovely to see you on here! smile.gif
Melody
Happy Birthday Dennis, hope your having a well earned rest after all your visitors, glad you had a great time, lovely to see you on here.
Gemini, we are killing ourselves laughing at the events at your picnic. Did she know she was talking to a Glaswegain? Good job you never gave her a Glasgow Kiss laugh.gif laugh.gif
jimmyd
Wan o those days eh Gemini.Soundslike the sort a pickle ah always gettin intae!!!. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Teeny
wink.gif
Marg
wink.gif Gemini that sound like something I'd do but it's good to laugh about it after the fact . biggrin.gif Betty's wee hoose is quiet today no visitors . I was looking for a cuppa tea with fern cakes.
jimmyd
That widnae be strip game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of game of poker by the way ,wid it Ria , !!!
betty2
HOORAY am in thanks Martin for the help
been aw night at this , see ah,ve a bit o catchin up
Happy birthday Denis
noo am gonny scoot roon tae see what's goin on
betty2 rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Marion Dougan
Betty,
A sent you 2 emails to the aol address, then 2 tae the ntl address. Please email me, I don't have yer email address,
Love,
Marion
betty2
hullo therr marion hud a helluve joab gettin oan here but all is well now thanks tae martin huv sent yi the address give Hayden my luv she might no remember me but she'll remember ma bed ha ha biggrin.gif
Melody
Hello All, how we doing today? Jimmy, are you set for the football tonight? unsure.gif
Gemini
well gang twas a guid day even efter aw that and Jimmy ah'll never tell if it wis strip or no hahaha, so how is everybody the day, supposed tae rain again, I dont mind the rain its the mugginess ah mind, we need a really guid storm tae clear the air here, and ah cin see Europe is still sweltering under their heat wave and nae air conditioning, mercy they must be suffering. ohmy.gif cool.gif
Melody
Hi Gemini, It's a bit mixed in Glasgow today, more like our usual Summer days! It was great to have the sun here for a few weeks, even went into town without a jacket or a brolly, we must have been getting too confident.
ladykate
Hi gang glad your all well,had a laugh at yir antics Gemi biggrin.gif
wish ah had ben there to see you in action.
I wis wondering where you were Betty glad oor martin got it fixed fur yi.
So melody ah take it the boys in green will be playing the night my wee mum will like that so the weather is settling down good ah wish ours would ah personally am sick of the rain,last year I couldnt go out and enjoy the deck for the Mosquitoes now its the rain and you whit nae Mosquitoes.
Marion Dougan
Betty, goa yer address, sent wan goat it back again . Email me then I'll add you to my address book. Pit the kettle oan av goat six paris buns am bringin ur.
Marg
Nice to see you all on board I've been having trouble logging on and then when I do I'm booted off or the computer shuts down on its own been happening the last 48 hours but I can't find a worm. The weather here has cooled so its nice to be able to do things .Betty you have the tea on and I'll bring the cakes , Melody can sing for us and the rest backup for her . wink.gif rolleyes.gif
Melody
Hi Marg, nice to see you, I had the same problem wasn't able to access the boards for a day or so! It was fine again today though.
Gemini
cool.gif jist goat in frae the grocery store boy ye cannae breathe oot there oan wi the air conditioning again, aye c'mon melody a wee song we're aw sittin' here at betty's tho' ah don't know where she went, ah really must tell this, when ah wiz hame ah went for a wee walk and intae the store ah went saw a packet of nice wee cakes wi wan fern cake in it, oh ah'll huv that wi a wee cuppa when ah go back doon the road, by the time ah goat there betty wiz hame an' ah pit the wee cakes, "oh a fern cake" she yells an grabs the only wan therr, well ye know bein' a visitor an aw ah jist gritted mah teeth an' smile.gif need ah say more???
Melody
Oh Gemini THE FERN CAKE, there must be hundreds of folk on these boards who talked about that precious fern cake. I hope she enjoyed it after all that, next time we go out together we'll have a fern cake, what a great laugh we had together that night we went to the theatre, we got on so well!
Melody
It's awful quiet...... just have to have a wee sing song again!
thebardau
Aye, quiet it is, right enough. We're waitin' fur betty2 tae tell us aboot thon scan she was havin' - winae today the day?
jimmyd
Aye Melody ,ah wid love a wee Fern Cake ,noo someone must have a recipe for them.They are quite unique.I was trying to explain to a friend of mine ,a pastry cook,what they tasted like.He looked at me like I was Glaiket { no far wrong }.
I too would like to know the results Betty 2 .C'mon we ur yer pals.
Isobel
mad.gif Hi guys, i'm sure you must know by now that here in Ontario we are in the midst of a black out.Actually it is all over North America. Right now I have just had my power restored but it is rotating and I dont know how long I will have it.So no we have not deserted you .We just cant get on. Talk soon wink.gif
Archie Millar
mellow.gif Hullo a' yous people --hiv'nae been up at the hoose fur a wee while --(could'nae afford the bus fare) actually the bloody worm put me oot o' action fur almost a week a'll try an keep up wi the bletherin' noo so get a wee swaally in cool.gif
betty2
Hi folks that was a real scary experience
yesterday (the mri scan) now i know what it feels like to be in a coffin UGH! but BIG snag cant see the doctor until october to
get results. He's too busy 46 yrs ah've waited tae find out what exactly is my trouble NOW THEY SAY i can wait another two months So i'm still in the dark . NHS has gone to pot here , I'm not going to let this get me down ,patience was something i acquired a long time ago just as well rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif
Melody
Betty, hurry up the tea's made and the biscuits are on the table, even got ye a special fern cake! And I've tidied up!!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.